/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade, 11.0 by dsiwarehax/hardmod only • Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: Any / 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-Playing 3DS with various controllers now possible gbatemp.net/threads/435788/

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png

>Vita
-Homebrew available now on latest firmware henkaku.xyz

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/bwdapy.vpk
my.mixtape.moe/lhkprm.vpk
youtube.com/watch?v=c2-sPebaCm0
chadsoft.co.uk
dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anyone got .velfs that needs converting to .vpk?

first for UPDATE WHEN

how do you convert them?

Tools.
If it doesn't work I'll try to see what's wrong.

Retroarch snes9xnext
my.mixtape.moe/bwdapy.vpk

.gb VC injection FUCKING WHEN

>not adding stickerhax

Need help: Following the PlailectGuide, I downgraded to 9.2 and I have to backup SysNAND to sysNAND.bin. I did that and made a copy but the sizes of my files are in KB while his are in GB or MB. Am I ok to continue? Don't want to lose data

Retroarch dosbox
show us that it's working.

yes

ok buddy

I put RX on my 3DS months ago just to realize there weren't many games I actually wanted to play at the time, but now MHX (MHG?) is out and I want to play it online, is that possible? I'm sitting on RX-E 10.3, I suppose I should update it to Luma3DS?

Do I still need to follow the guide if I want to update physical 3ds games without losing the ability to play Japanese games? or can I stop?

Sorry I can't test it now.
my.mixtape.moe/lhkprm.vpk

kek

>no Nintendo 3DS folder
>no temporary shitty files that never get removed
Shit's either newly formatted (as in you never actually put it in your 3DS) or formatted as ExFAT.

>ExFAT
Does 3DS even support that shit?

You would think not. Isn't it a proprietary Microsoft format?

No, that's why it wouldn't be working and wouldn't be making a Nintendo 3DS folder.

Is there any files that I don't need? I feel like it's cluttered up

any ideas

FAT is MS propriety too.
People should have used open, well documented filesystems, but the SD Association is full of jews.

this screen is just so damn nice to look at

Is there a genesis emulator for the 3ds

anything that's not in the image at the end of the guide

>stretching the image to fit the screen
>not 2x

which guide?

but it's smaller

I just put the starter folder in the card like the guide said.
It's in the 3DS right now.

In Other HACKING NEWS

You could win a Wii!

Time to start playing Mario Kart Wii Again!
youtube.com/watch?v=c2-sPebaCm0

this here is Mario Kart Wii CTGP ( Custom Track Grand Prix )

Check it out, its Got:
-over 200 tracks
-a functioning Battle Mode that puts Kart 8's to shame
-lots of retro tracks some not even in mk8, which includes:
Waluigi Pinball -GOT IT
Wario Coliseum- GOT IT
EVERY Rainbow Road from every mario kart EVER MADE?!- yep, Got those too!
-and now, a time trial ghost system. wanna prove you're the best in Mario Kart 6, NOWS YOUR CHANCE!

and best thing bout it? All can be played Online! yep they've had their own servers ever since Nintendo shutdown their Wi-fi!
so enjoy!

THE DOWNLOAD
chadsoft.co.uk

Holy fuck all the Vita emulators are complete garbage. Hopefully things will improve now that homebrew is more accessible, but it looks like I'm not ditching my 3DS any time soon.

help guys, i'm having a "hs.enc has wrong size" while trying to FBI inject with banner to emunand

Fuck off, Chad.

it's literally day fucking 1, do you expect them to be good on launch?

Need help: Following the PlailectGuide, I downgraded to 9.2 and I have to backup SysNAND to sysNAND.bin. I did that and made a copy but the sizes of my files are in KB while his are in GB or MB. Am I ok to continue? Don't want to lose data. Also Do I still need to follow the guide if I all want to do is update physical 3ds games without losing the ability to play Japanese games?

It's been like a year.

what?
people have been working on homebrew for the vita for a while now

only HENkaku is new

But none of the emulators are tweaked to work with HENkaku.

anyone?

What "tweaking" do they need exactly? They're still using the same fucking libraries, only the entry point is different.

yes

But it looks better.

>wanna play mhgen
>on launch error occurs
>luma3ds on 11.0 emunand
pls help

>owning a 3ds
there's your problem

anyone...that can confirm

Im sorry there are exclusives, if it were all on PC I wouldnt be here.

What's the best FTP client?

ftpd, WinSCP

FileZilla.

Is there any reason to use Filezilla instead of Windows Explorer's built in FTP connection?

ill bite. how can this be patched using usb loader gx?

yes

>claims screen looks so nice
>doesn't care about picture quality
2X or shut up

windows explorer's built in FTP is fucking shit

3x looks pretty damn nice. The top and bottom are cut off, but it doesn't hurt this game much.

Literally any ftp client from your repos.

Is there any way to get NES games on RetroArch to not run like shit on my O3DS? Alternatively, are there any good NES emulators for 3DS that aren't RetroArch?

blarg on o3ds runs snes fine nes should be no problem

I'm on 11.0.0.3 with my N3DS. I'm trying to use JK's Save Manager to download my game saves off my console, but when I pick Monster Hunter Generations, the bottom screen is red, and the console soft locks.

What do?

Bout to give up and just update to 11.0, Tired of all this. I don't care for pirating just playing games out of my region

Sup hbg, I had a similar issue from an user of some thread ago. I also did the downgrade some time ago, already got my OTP.

However, I restarted the guide. I just finished part 3 and I'm currently checking part 5. That means I have a 11.0 Luma with a 9.2 Sys.

I believe he was also in this part: Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax

Reinsert your SD card into your 2.1.0 3DS
Go to dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on your 3DS
If you get an error, follow this troubleshooting guide
If you get a glitched screen, follow this troubleshooting guide
Select Full Install
The installer will now install arm9loaderhax on your device (this is very fast)
Following this, booting to a black screen is normal (Luma3DS cannot boot a 2.1.0 NAND).
Copy your console specific OTP.bin from the /a9lh/ folder on your SD card to a safe location on your computer and back it up to multiple locations (such as online file storage)

So what should I do? Would all that stuff work on 11.0 Luma instead of 2.1? The next step also mentions some other 2.1 stuff, so I'm not too sure about anything.

good luck

Are emulators on Vita at a point where they outperform related ones on PSP yet?

You can run the homebrew version of SafeA9LHInstaller from the SysNAND homebrew launcher, just unpack the 3ds folder from the .zip. If you replaced your boot.3dsx to autoboot Luma, replace it back with the starter kit one. Your otp.bin goes in \a9lh (not the root of the SD card).

At that point, you'll need to use Hourglass9 (retard-proof, no way to fuck it up from there) or Decrypt9+keep a9lh (better make sure you select that option) to restore your 11.0 EmuNAND backup to SysNAND. Pretty much like in the guide but your emunand backup might have a different name (or you might even have to make it).

no
the price of vita memory cards will always be it's achilles heel

The Chinese are working on it.

Not really, there's still a lot of people enthusiastic about hacking it, it's just Sony stepped up their game and made it as hard as they possibly could.

Is this new homebrew option worth the update or are there any news if tn-V or an option to play psp games will become available with henkaku?

>there's still a lot of people enthusiastic about hacking it
Are any competent devs actually working on cfw now that we have henkaku?

Alright, so from now on after getting all the files the guide implies to get inside the SD Card, the steps would be
>backup rednand
>replace boot
>place otp
>SafeA9LHInstaller on Sys via Menuhax
>Restore rednand to sysnand
>sysnand is now 11.0
Correct if I'm wrong.

Does the nature of henkaku allow cfw?

is it simple to go from 9.2 to 10.3?

>Got a Vita a year and a half ago
>Wanted to hack it for the longest time
>Got an android tablet which is great for emulation
>Got a 3ds and hacked it
>Vita finally hacked
>Don't even care
I like my Vita but... its not like it has anything to offer me at this point.

It's a step in the right direction.

Yep. You can go back to following the guide after you installed a9lh, but yours won't give you a blackscreen after installation (since you're not on 2.1). When restoring RedNAND data, you can make a new backup if you want/have to, it's fine and can't fuck you over as long as you use HG9 for restore.

epic blog

sure, update with plaisysupdater using the 10.3 update files

no one gives a shit

What I'm saying is:
Nobody cares the Vita is hacked

Thanks user. I hope I don't fuck up restoring into 11.0 without arm9.

i do

Just use Hourglass9 like the guide tells you to. It literally doesn't even have an option that allows you to fuck it up.

i do

i do tho

I care, dummy. Vita buttons are pretty good. My phone can emulate what I want with a PS3 controller, but having a proper gamepad would be great.

GPV won't play romhacks
interesting...

Thanks once again. Have more Mimikyu.

I care. Vita's controls are fucking great, and having everything the PSP can do, plus extra Vita shit is really neat. Just have to play the waiting game until decent Vita homebrew starts rolling out.

What you cant pirate on vita?
Then why is it allowed to be posted here

use the mhgsv program he wrote. he made it specifically to get around that. it's attached to his main post.

stop being retarded

I care
Look, as much as I love my GPD XD, the buttons on it just arent as good as the vitas.
Its just nice to have emulators on every device.

there's that one piece game

doom needs to run on vita first

It does.

PSP levels of homebrew and CFW on the Vita has been my dream. ;_;

*properly

I have VHBL installed on vita but I'm confused on how to install emulators and their roms can someone help me out?

Anyone?

What exactly is retarded?
Am i incorrect in my assumption?