I want to buy a BMW E34 525i Touring for shits and giggles purposes (lower it but big steelies on it, a roof rack...

I want to buy a BMW E34 525i Touring for shits and giggles purposes (lower it but big steelies on it, a roof rack, that kinds of stuff).

Why?

Because I dreamt I had one a week ago and it's stuck on my mind.

I live in Europe and I can go pick one up from Germany for ~1500 EUR (1700 USD).

Does anyone have experience with this car? What should I especially look out for when buying one? It's a BMW so it's mostly likely been thrashed at least a little at some point and it is old so...

Much appreciated.

Pic related is this guy's car: youtube.com/watch?v=9mkOpGlnrCg

nobody ever owned a BMW E34 here?

there shit

>lower it but big steelies on it, a roof rack, that kinds of stuff
Stancefag pls go

as in they have lots of problems?

I don't care if it's shit as a car, as long it won't be constantly broken down.

but if I pay 1500 for the car and 5000 to make it run properly it ain't worth it

no no no...

not the pic related kind of lowering.

just get it a bit closer to the ground while still having useful suspension - no stupid camber and so low that it can't go over speedbumps

A bmw older than 10 years is just shit. I bought an e46 BMW at 9 yrs old, the moment it turned 10 like clockwork I blew like 2k fixing shit on that car and most of it I did the work myself. It had under 40k miles when I bought it and west coast car so no salt but shit still fell apart.

Why would you buy a roof rack if you don't have like...bicycles with which to transport

>roof rack and steel wheels
You're not fooling anyone, stancefags love those.

I've got three bikes myself and I ride with my friends all the time, I have one on my current car as well.

plus I just like how roof racks look on cars, don't know why

no, for real

"stance" is retarded

last bump for info

Cars like that need protecting from fags like you OP

They're awesome cars, OP. A colleague of mine has one with the same engine, but his is the X drive version. If you get one that was taken care of well you'd get a very decent ride.

lowering springs 1500
car 2000
roof rack 300
steel wheels 400
good tires 350

all for shits and giggles?
whats funny about any of this

BMW has the largest following on this board besides the Miata. Of course somebody knows about E34s.
Which is why there's a general.

Let me guess, you were a retard and bought an automatic and were surprised when your torque converter started eating itself. I can't even imagine how you'd manage to spend that kind of money otherwise.

I daily a 1989 525i, followed the dozens of E30 buying guides because they're so similar. Rust was my deciding factor because I'm from up north and I have a backup.

wait it was 9 years old under 40K miles? that's why you had trouble

>he bought an E46
Kek there's why. The E36 and E39 were the last good BMWs, the E46 was notorious for issues.

The E34 is considered by many to be one of the best built and most reliable BMWs in the companies history and it even won a few awards.

why would you ever want good tires on a beater BMW
also lowered springs cost like 40 euros each and you can get a set of coilovers for approx 500 euros

Get a 530i or 540i with a manual. a 525i will be pretty slow.

I had a E34 525i sedan but it had a good engine in it so I dont know if I can help you much OP

Window regulators might go. Oh well.

I got an auto of those like says they have that problem. I worked at a shop so I didn't worry too much bout it just fixed everything myself. Hmm leaks are super common most electrical will probably need fixing. But you live in Europe so you might find really good condition ones over there.