What does Veeky Forums think of truck toolboxes?

what does Veeky Forums think of truck toolboxes?

I think they're mostly used by bros who want to look like they do real work, with the exception of single-cab trucks that need more storage space

as with most truck things, they're a utilitarian feature that gets used as a fashion accessory
trucks are basically male barbies at this point

>utilitarian feature that gets used as a fashion accessory

BUT MUH HEADACHE RACK PROTECTS ME WHEN IM HAULING 5,000 LBS OF REBAR, WHICH I REGULARLY DO

Truckbed toolboxes are great if you like getting your expensive shit stolen by niggers with a crowbar. Ive even seen times where the entire tool box was pulled out and stolen.

99% of people have no reason to haul around tools in the back of their truck. Its good to have a socket set and basic tools stashed away in any vehicle at all times, but if you need more than that its probably work related and you should be driving a proper work truck/van around that gets locked up behind a fence or in a garage at night so shit doesnt get stolen.

For the few small things you'll want to carry around all the time but have no room for in the truck cab, I like wheel well boxes the most because they inhibit neither the maximum cargo width between the wheels nor the maximum cargo length.

These are neat

Why does it have barbed wire?
Is it for hauling raptors?

The barbed wire is there so that the remaining tiny balls of the driver don't escape.

They should be mandatory on any truck thats going to be loading up dirtbikes or quads into the bed.

Waaaaay too many fucking idiots drive their shit up the ramp into the truck bed and then derp out and crush their rear windows with the front wheel of their bike/quad

>let's mandate things to solve non-issues where the only damaged person is the responsible person himself
t. nanny state

I think they're great for stowing tools, straps, and other random shit.

>tfw 8 ft bed so still useable bedspace

>I love to haul random shit around with me
>I love to turn my man bed into a sissy bed
t. moron

Yeah, everyone hauls random shit around in their car/truck. My random shit is useful shit.

>implying a toolbox removes any utility from a fucking 8' bed
see the pic again. but then again, I realize I'm talking to a retard

what shithole do you live in where this is a regular occurrence?

It removes exactly as many inches of utility as it is long. ATVs aren't the only thing that ever gets put into truck beds, although the general truck obsession among people may lead you to believe so.

America

>They should be mandatory
Fuck you. See

They're pretty convenient for keeping stuff like chains, straps, wedges or oils/fluids in. Sometimes I keep valuable tools in it but I've fashioned two padlocks to it so if jamal wants in he's gonna make a lot of racket doing it. It's also secured to a 95 gallon L shaped diesel tank so he can't carry it off either

the other user is right, youre a retard

I need to fit some under-tray style toolboxes, an above deck one would be great but then I'd have less space for logs

Under-tray boxes are best boxes. Make them top opening and extending on rails so they can't be broken into.

I was meaning more like this style

>Truckbed toolboxes are great if you like getting your expensive shit stolen by niggers with a crowbar.
>America

They'll do it even in the library parking lot. Lots of homeless stay inside our various library branches all day and thus the bicycle racks are a source of income since cutting a cable or chain is very fast to do. There's no solution since laws cannot be passed saying poor people cannot use a library, park, or public facilities.

Because of crime, almost no truckbed toolboxes are used anymore except by those people able to protect access to the entire vehicle by thieves.

Your post is funny because it makes it sound like Americans accept poverty and crime as God-given and will bust their ass to afford moving away to a more expensive area instead of attempting to fix it.

As a burger I'd just move away because niggers aren't something that can be fixed.

>Your post is funny because it makes it sound like Americans accept poverty and crime as God-given and will bust their ass to afford moving away to a more expensive area instead of attempting to fix it.

One of the problems is that any type of solution that involves "tough love" results in a racism lawsuit. That means many types of solutions CANNOT be attempted simply because those that would be helped insist that only certain types of solutions can be attempted. I know as we had that problem over here in our nice area to which a certain minority uses the bus system to commute here in the daytime to do the burglaries and robberies and then use the free (because they get social welfare passes for free) public transit to go back to their cribs at night in the slum city next door.

>Your post is funny because it makes it sound like Americans accept poverty and crime as God-given and will bust their ass to afford moving away to a more expensive area instead of attempting to fix it.

This has slowly happened to several large cities in the US. More and more shitty people move into town, and they force more and more upstanding people to move away.

Now 20 years later and some places have turned into a massive city wide ghetto.

> Thinking niggers are this smart
A few months ago somebody got into my truck and stole my $30 stereo $20 nav and all my burned CDs but didn't even touch my unlocked toolbox with $500 worth of tools in it. They did take a knit cap my little sister in law had given me for Christmas that I barely got to wear though. I'd beat their ass for that.

now that's bretty neat

That is the normal way for USA Republican Party members. They do not believe in spending any tax money that might help those they deem to have inferior personal responsibility problems. The Democrat Party is usually the one that tries to use tax money to solve the city problems, but the Republicans block them when possible. Thus we get the infamous government gridlock which results in a mediocre government with few accomplishments.

>the manly part of the bed is the empty part and not the part with tools and shit

uhh sure ok

>wanting the government to steal your money and redistribute it to darkies