Who do you think would have a bigger culture shock...

Who do you think would have a bigger culture shock? An American and their daily dropped in Europe or the other way around?
Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

worldatlas.com/articles/29-most-obese-countries-in-the-world.html
noo.org.uk/NOO_about_obesity/adult_obesity/UK_prevalence_and_trends
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V8_engine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The euro because they would figure out that Americans DONT just drive pickups and SUVs.

As an American I can safely say I have a much better understanding of EU car culture (or the lack thereof, I guess) than yurops do of ours.

As a Texan going to Florida, I was shocked at how rare a truck was.

Also, when I went to france, I saw a late 2000's vette in a town and God damn it seemed massive over there; and I consider those small cars too.

I noticed the same thing when I visited my cousin in SC. I sorta expected them to be evrywhere because of the whole South thing. Not sure if it was just where we were or what, but I see way more trucks here in California than there.

A euro dropped in America would get crushed by nearest F350 because driving on wrong side of road.

American would also drive on wrong side of road but would only feel a series of speed bumps.

Eurofag therefore has bigger shock

pretty sure american couldn't handle euro road rules since Americans cant even follow american road rules. Driving on the wrong side of the road confuses the american too. Lanes are much smaller over there so their burger hauling truck wouldn't fit. They also wouldn't be able to buy fuel since they get 13 mpg and gas costs more than mcdolands wages.

Europs would just get on the highway and cruise around.

American that lives in the deep south btw.

You're aware that everyone on mainland Europe drives on the right, right?

sure they do. thats why all european cars have steering wheel on right side

I seriously hope you are not this fucking dumb.

Don't take the bait please

>Google image search 'european car interior'
>literally first image that comes up

only UK and Ireland drive on the left hand side of the road.

Rest of Europe drive on the right just like America

Every nation drives on the right side of the road, except some commonwealth nations. Why should it even matter lol

I drove Army HMMWVs in Japan. You can barely, just barely, get them through Japanese streets.

their dumbass rednecks just get boats

Stationed in northern it's.y for 2 years. 98% of cars are wagons or hatchbacks. I saw 2 trucks the whole time I was there, a million scooters and 3 lambos. I kinda miss that place...

Italy** wow fuck me

>American dropped in Europe
>WHERE IS THE FUCKING TRAFFIC LIGHT?
>WHOSE FUCKING RIGHT OF WAY IS IT!?
>THIS ROAD LAYOUT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE!!
>WHERE THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO GO??
>WHY IS THIS ROAD SO NARROW?!
>WHY ARE THERE SO MANY FUCKING TURNS IN THESE ROADS?!?
>HOW IS ANYONE SUPPOSED TO FIT IN THAT FUCKING PARKING SPACE!?!
>THREE POINT TURN? TRY A THIRTY POINT TURN YOU SHITHEADS!!
>WHAT THE HELL IS AN EMISSIONS ZONE?!?
>WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN I NEED TO GET THIS ENGINE SWAP INSPECTED??!?!?
>SOMEONE OUGHTA START A REVOLUTION FOR THOSE FUCKING GAS PRICES RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
>*confuses brake pedal and gas pedal during mental breakdown and crashes into bicycle store*

>European dropped in America
>"wide straight roads, huh?"
>"traffic lights at every single intersection, huh?"
>"that dude over there is driving a deathtrap, do you not have inspections here?"
>"i guess automatics make sense in your endless stop and go metro traffic"
>the end

The US are literally the most moron proof place for driving on the entire planet.

>live in a place with lots of water
>buy a boat
>IMMA TEXAN AN UR SO DUMB I TELLYA HWUT

the roundabouts in england scared me desu

Roundabouts are totally ez, just imagine they're circular one way roads and traffic inside them has the right of way. What makes absolutely no sense however is the British usage of indicators concerning roundabouts.

We don't all drive british shitboxes

Turning left
>Indicate left
Going straight ahead
>Don't indicate
Turning right
>Indicate right when you enter the roundabout, and then as you're about to exit, indicate left. This allows the person entering from that side know that you're not doubling back from where you came in originally.

european dropped in america would have the biggist shock because amerifats cant drive for shit and they like to make really bad decisions fast. i also saw a woman in an SUV driving on the wrong side of the road there

never going back

no, but you all drive shitboxes. all of your money goes to paying for abdhul and his islamic cousins to ficki ficki your women.

cuck

And everyone is supposed to monitor everyone else's indicators, regardless of the fact that they're obscured behind other things half the time. That's fucking retarded. Why not just fucking enter the roundabout and then indicate when leaving?

>The US are literally the most moron proof place for driving on the entire planet.

Has to be, There's lots of normies that drive in America that would probably just take a public transport if they lived in europe.

As an American I had a culture shock when I went to Paris. Nothing but hatchbacks and smaller hatchbacks. It's like the people don't even care about cars, just give me something practical and approved by the government

>europe is one country meme

Paris' layout makes it one of the least car friendly cities on the entire continent, plus Parisians have the habit of pushing each other's cars around to parallel park. And you're surprised that they only buy cheap subcompacts? And what does "the government" have to do with it?

>coming from the country that has a white minority and literally elected a black guy to run the country

you are literally c.uckolds fucking lmao

I thought that was what they were made for.

Define "that" and "they".

The UK and Ireland aren't even really Europe.

One thing I found humorous was in the last season of top gear when they were "rescuing" Hammond with a Raptor and a 2500, how amazed they were with the shear size of those trucks. Imagine if they did an episode in Texas where those things are everywhere. Texas it's self would be a major shock for them.

I actually know this guy from the UK at my college who drives like a yaris or something; he actually gets upset that more people don't drive compacts like him because "those pickups/suvs are such a waste!"

>says the guy who just elected a muslim mayor of london
>already is a minority in his own country

cuck cucklord

The thing is we're used to smaller cars because unlike the average american we aren't obese and need the landbarge to fit our obese family in.

>all of Europe is the UK
mate, you're not even trying

They are a waste. Americans simply are ignorant of the fact because American manufacturers cheap out on materials and details to keep the quantity affordable, and because governments have chronically underfunded themselves for decades in order to keep taxes (fuel taxes among others) low and retain voters (a fact that's also nicely illustrated by the horrid fucking crumbling roads in the US).

fucking lmao UK has a long way till we're a minority in our country, unlike USA where you schools have a white minority fucking LOL

>comparing a mayor to a president
wew you cuckold lmao

>an amerifat was cuckold near me

Just saw this earlier dropped in yurop, was p cool

>obesity rates in the UK are higher than the US
Source: theguardian

Just how mad are you that you have follow shariah law or get beheaded in your neighborhood?

>source: your arse
worldatlas.com/articles/29-most-obese-countries-in-the-world.html

Americans are just dumb. They'd kill themselves in minutes driving in Europe.

>he has to let his wife/gf get plowed by a black bull every night overwise the police break into house to shoot him
lel don't anger the muslims lad they may fly another plane into a building

Try this one on for size
noo.org.uk/NOO_about_obesity/adult_obesity/UK_prevalence_and_trends

>lol 61% of UK adults are fut fuckers

Ouch, nice comeback.
Bet you can't wait for Bataclan 2: Electric Boogaloo: Britbong Edition

This comment is funny because it basically affirms what all of the americans in this thread are saying which is that europeans know less about american car culture than vice versa

>americans and brittons fighting over who is less cucked

grab the popcorn

Cucks of a feather shitpost together

> Rusty, straight piped V8 pickup
> Dropped directly into Europe
> Immediately ticketed for 2000 yurodollars and vehicle impounded and crushed

Americans wouldn't be able to park their 84.6 liter super charged dump trucks anywhere. They can't fit through the doors to a bus. They'd have to walk. Would be impossible to go anywhere since they need bihourly cheeseburger and grease breaks

>diesel police Astras try to catch glorious V8 turd
>truck makes more power than all the solar panels in the land
>cuck-mobile cop cars forced to pull over and weep, given four months of paid leave for having their feelings hurt
>American truck runs 7:01 on the Nurburgring
>Germany commits sudoku

We don't crush vehicles because we're not barbarians. Only Anglos do that. We only rip your plates off and wait for you to call a tow truck.

funny because in reality americans are the ones who get their cars crushed if they import one that is less than 25 years old

Amerigan here

My family members don't even understand stop sign rules or the speed limit. They LITERALLY believe cars are required at the speed limit.

Other then trying to navigate around the cramped yuro streets with my massive Fury and taking out a mortgage to pay for the fuel I'd suspect it wouldn't be too bad.

On a slightly unrelated note, is it true that yurops hate the call of a true V8? I've heard the french shrink away in fear of the roar of an American V8.

>The US are literally the most moron proof place for driving on the entire planet.
Maybe too moron proof which leads to people not paying attention.

I think an American or European in China or India is a way bigger vehicle culture shock than either of those. Europe and America are basically the same, just slightly smaller average car size vs. slightly larger average car size. Rules of the road and traffic generally work the same way.

France is pretty funny though. Driving around in little shitboxes where every stop and start is a drag race and everyone zips around trying to get to the front of the line.

But then they have to outrun shariah police

Europeans it would depend on whether they were a cuck or not.

If they're a cuck with a teeny little city car with a 1.0 litre engine, they're in for a shock in America, and will rag it on the highway pulling dangerously slowly away and being bullied out of lane.

Every other European will be absolutely fine. Family hatches. Sedans. Most Euros drive something like pic related, they won't be winning any drag races on the highway but they'll be fine. Rich Eurofags with luxury executive cars will basically be indistinguishable from Americans.

Americans in Europe would be fucked. They'll arrogantly go in expecting to blow the Eurocucks away with MUH DISPLACEMENT big block V8. Then they'll realise their car is too big and unwieldy to fit into a European city and they can barely drive or park anywhere.

Once the American gets out of the city into the country where they can really show these Europoors what's what, they'll be in for even more of a shock as they find winding narrow 60mph country lanes they can barely fit down, and they won't be able to throw their land barge or shitty pickup around a tight narrow bumpy bend at 50mph without shitting their pants.

60% of Euros, in average Euroboxes will be fine.
30% of Americans, in sports cars or "small" city cars, Civics etc. will be fine.

you could save they wave the white flag at the sound of american thunder. brits too. they're cucks

fuck off back to /pol/ please kid

>Why not just fucking enter the roundabout and then indicate when leaving?

That's what we do. That user was just explaining it retarded.

You indicate left when you are taking the next exit.

If you're turning left, you are taking the 1st exit, so indicate immediately.

If you're waiting to pull out onto a roundabout and someone comes around indicating left, you can go (after you pause to make sure they actually are pulling out). If they come around not indicating or indicating right, you wait.

Indicating right is really only to say "hey I'm crossing the outside lane and going into the middle lane watch out", once you pass the exit before yours you indicate left to say "hey I'm gonna peel out and cross the outside lane now".

Multilane roundabouts should be gassed desu.

france invented v8s, dumb americuck

Official traffic laws in my country state that you should indicate before you enter the roundabout, then indicate again when you're turning off.
Nobody does that shit.

>There's lots of normies that drive in America
neck yourself

Yuro who have driven in US here. Rented a 300C to drive around the east coast 2 years ago. Pretty easy for us, I drive a MX5 so when I took the Chrysler I thought it would be a nightmare to drive this thing in cities but all parking spaces seem designed for dump trucks so it was ok. Also very easy grid road layouts (although boring). I was just confused by the fact that you can turn right at a red light (which is nice) and that there's no priority in a crossroad (retarded). Also murican drivers usually drive very bad, either trying to respect the law to the letter (including suddenly braking if there's a lower speed limit) or think they racecar drivers. And those speed limits on the highway are retarded. Without paying attention I was always doing 80-85mph like I do back home. I also drove through NYC and it's pretty tame compared to cities like London or Paris.
Also about "muh 1.0 3 cylinders euro shitbox vs big murican engine": Although my rental was only the 3.6 it still made more HP than most cars you see in Yurop BUT remember that we all drive diesel here and so are used to a lot of torque down low. And so the 300 wasn't so impressive to me.

So yeah, I guess muricans would have a hard time in yurop.

underrated post

Source needed yurocuck.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V8_engine
>In 1902, Léon Levavasseur took out a patent on a light but quite powerful gasoline injected V8 engine.

america invented cars

And it took americans to make that engine into something that wasn't an anemic piece of shit. Much like every other piece of French engineering.

But that wasn't my point. My point is, why are the french so gay?

no, those were the frenchies aswell

>He calls that a car
Just accept that he French are useless and all that they do right is get cucked by muslims and you can move on with your life.

>chrysler
Well, there's your problem.

First of all every manufacturer made great progress getting power out of their engines in the post-war period regardless of layout, it simply resulted in more impressive absolute numbers in American cars because of the massive displacements as Americans were the ones that could afford not caring about fuel economy. But there were many comparable, if not superior engines from Europe in terms of hp/L.

guess they just like the taste of baguettes if ya knowaimean

as a californian and a latino, it's all the latinos that fucking love trucks, mexicans are the latino equivalent to rednecks, cowboy boots, wears jeans to an interview, and drives a mini truck with a roll/light bar

it's way more prevalent than lowrider culture

too bad the best v8s have always been french though

try again

>implying you wouldnt want that thing

come now

>mad at facts

keep on sperging

>hp/L
doesn't matter if you can fit more displacement into a smaller, lighter package

displacement doesn't matter when you only have lol2valves per cylinder

Crossroad priority is the car to the right ya dip

Lot of french people on today, you guys have a lot of free time while Achmed fucks your wives?

>Shariah police
>UAE custom supercars for highway patrol
>old Turbodiesel lightened mercedes benz for city patrol
>both filled with officers armed with ak74u's,RPGs and suicide vest for the real messy infedels

An American truck in Europe would be WAY out of place, an euro cuckmobile would be just a small hatch in the US.

Imagine a Suburban dropped in Europe vs a Fiesta hatch dropped in the US

Except most states don't recognize that, which is probably what the guy is talking about

Don't know where Achmed is, last time he was hanging out with your friend Jamal as he was about to get in a gunfight with the police while his brother was preparing a school shooting.

Patrick?

Which country in Europe?

French people are terrible drivers, so as Spaniards. Germans are as a whole bretty gud. Don't go to Poland. Ever.

>Japan
>commonwealth nation

> implying black people shoot up schools.
Check your privilege.

>there is not even a theroretical test in US, you just learn how to drive a manual car through some cones

That's not even remotely safe.