Previous thread - (Cross-thread) (You)

Delivery Rewards: treeofsavior.com/news/?n=544

Patch Notes: treeofsavior.com/news/?n=551

Team Battle League: treeofsavior.com/news/?n=546&c=31

Guild Battles: treeofsavior.com/news/?n=355&vp=2&c=31

Rank 8 Swordsman Info: treeofsavior.com/news/?n=541

>Can I play the game now?
YES YOU CAN (Get it on steam)! Rank 8 Soon™

TOS Info: pastebin.com/3YcrrJkd (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
This includes more detailed information, as well as tools, resources, patch notes and official links.

>What is Tree of Savior?
Tree of Savior is an action MMORPG with a lot of classes, cute hats and autism grinding.

>Add-ons:
github.com/Excrulon/Tree-of-Savior-Addon-Manager

>Cards List:
pastebin.com/PrCkZ21n (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Servers
- kTOS - Server : ded
- iTOS: Klaipeda (NA), Fedimian (EU), Telsiai (SEA)

>Official Translation Project - github.com/Treeofsavior/EnglishTranslation
Helping in the translation will speed up international server updates and remove unwanted machine-translated text. There are also rewards for contributors, further explained on the github page.

>/tosg/ Guilds info
There is no /tosg/ guild in Varena/Silute, if you want one, either wait for someone to make one or roll a templar.
If Guild is recruiting, please post in the thread.
>Klaipeda
Clover (Karga)
Database (Cattly)
CuteNotLewd (Plasmagica)
F.O.E (Jinsae)
Cake (DeliciousCake)
Futureproof ()
>Orsha
Kotatsu (Colyo)
>Fedimian
CoffeeHouse (Capyba)
>Telsiai
Comfy (Katzenberg)

Cookie Cutter Guide :
>Wizard and Archer still unedited, Discuss in thread before using
pastebin.com/aGk6Ku7c (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/PrCkZ21n
youtube.com/watch?v=iX8lT_MoDJ0
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/quest-broken-tremendous-effects-grand-corridor/315823
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/dcwl1wziks/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>starting new thread during ded hours
why?

>page 10

TO MAKE IT LOOK ALIVE PLS UNDERSTAND

>(Cross-thread) (You)
>Tree of ToS Gen
>pastebin.com/PrCkZ21n (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Futureproof ()
NICE

>Futureproof ()

bullied to death, you brought this upon yourselves

>()
>:3

>caring about some BR shitter who did nothing but play with himself all day and helped no one else

Futureproof (Rance) soon. You heard it here first. I unironically saw him leveling a swordsman tonight.

Rance here.
It'll be a Dragoon.
Rance out.

Pedro here, I've been busy developing new meta build

Attempts to set a rebellion will be punished.

Pedro out

But he is alive and apparently FP fights Desu today. Good luck!

Stop posting in a thread that legit cant remove embedded marks and doesn't show lolipan.

shut the fuck up

Fuck off Cats

>hehe mom i posted that i was drunk again xDDD
Fucking kill yourself.

Why did he mean by this?

Go fap to some dead slav Pedro

>wanted to be cool samurai like everyone else and their mother
>went highlander 3 because barbarian was weak
>hit 250 some weeks ago, doppel life is hard
>barbs hitting hard as fuck and boosting slash damage to boost
>can't even compare

>Why did he mean
Go back to school

>this is my first week on Veeky Forums

Summer will be over soon and so you are.

The beast gets wet and now so do I

>webm
FUCKING CUTE

>doppel life is hard
>didn't go full str for ez doppel madara damage
lmao, I hit 9k off a crit as a doppel auto attack with only 5 stacks, you should not be having issues at all

>tfw you have a laptop so you can play an alt account while in your 30minute queue
Kim Hakkyu, master of driving up player counts and time played!

Stop posting you fucking faggot.

>This is my first week in English class.

>30min queue
its your fault for queueing in literal ded hours for your server outside sea which doesn't have queues past 2-3mins

t. varenafag who got into his 200 full run in under 2 mins each time and got into his missions nearly instantly

>varenafag
Please roll with us on Telsiai already

I'm heavily invested in DEX due to the 'dex highlander is good' meme. I'm waiting for the stat reset, doesn't change that I don't feel like playing anymore. I was expecting us to get Skyliner from kTOS which would make not goign barb a good idea but that never came.

English was a mistake 愚かな外国人

lancer looking any good? or all the mounted dragoon builds gonna go dragoon 2 when r8 hits?

>going from 1 to 278 again with qust grind
>putting millions into attributes and gear again
gods no athrough I do regret not originally starting on telsiai

Anyone have trouble finishing Tremendous Effects quest at Grand Corridor?

Wait for the un-mounted dragoons to hit r8 and try out the new skills. Lancer seems it will be best with cata and probably what most mounted swordsman will take.

Sword>pelt>high2>rodel3
Thoughts?

whats the general consensus on Frenzy?

Why the fuck would you go dex?
No-one ever once said dex highlander is good, everything highlander and doppel has scales off str.

Are you by any chance literally retarded?

Reminder that 1:1 str:dex is objectively the best.

Honestly, I'd reply to you seriously, but considering the 'nobody ever did', you barely browse these threads, so I'll let it slide.

Kill yourself retard

youtube.com/watch?v=iX8lT_MoDJ0

what am i looking at here? how?

Except no-one ever did, its always been stated within these threads that str for doppels/highlanders/etc is the best due to everything scaling off str.

Go on, find a single post within the last 10 threads, no make that 20 threads that dex highlander is a good choice and I'll agree with you.

Either way you didn't bother using your own head and blindly believed bad advice without using your own research so you are without a doubt retarded.

2h-bow versus flying-type.

It's broken.
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/quest-broken-tremendous-effects-grand-corridor/315823

>10 threads
>20 threads

Is that how long you've been browsing? You reek of new.

Haven't seen a dex swordsman since cbt2

No user, you're the one whos reeking of new and delusional.
You're simply trying to find a reason to blame others for your own lack of brains.
"its everyone elses fault my build sucks and everythings going wrong" is literally your mentality.

Literally disgusting garbage that not only can't back up his own statements but likes blaming others for his own mistakes. Trash like you are what really reeks.

>muh Kartar Stroke

they scale off your physical attack which is contributed to by your str, yes, but going high crit is another way to achieve the same effect. the only thing a dexlander is losing is some bleed damage, which is insignificant at best considering many late game monsters are immune to it anyway. ultimately, the tradeoff is having moar dodge and better spike damage vs better consistency.

you havent seen a single fencer?

do fencers like a lot of DEX? do you think mergen will be better with more STR or DEX? also there is no way to get same costume as in pic related?

Except you know that highlanders get 50% bonus crit attack that scales off str?
Except you know highlanders get crossguard debuff for double pierce damage with the buff time scaling off str?
Except you know that 2 handers have a 1.5* bonus scaling on phys?
Except you know bleeding scales off str?
Except you know that doppel which is often what highlanders go into scales off str heavily from deeds/cyclone/etc?
Except you know str deals 20% more damage than dex and dex is worthless because correct plate armour lets you take 1s even from maven and magic makes dex worthless?

New class nigger??? I'm a male though so probably won't care about the costume.

there is literally no reason at all to go high dex as a swordsman right now after the str buff. originally calcs showed at 280 theres around a 25% difference between str and dex but dex won out due to evasion so the 25% bonus damage of str didn't matter too much. now however with the 1.3x str buff and with everyone knowing def isn't a meme, dex is worthless for a swordsman bar shinobi and fencer (shinobi needs to dodge for charging up bushin and shiz not to mention gear breaks too fast without evasion, fencer scales heavily off evasion)

>Except you know str deals 20% more damage than dex and dex is worthless because correct plate armour lets you take 1s even from maven and magic makes dex worthless?

>1s
>with deeds of valor on

t. never played doppel before

>Except you know that highlanders get 50% bonus crit attack that scales off str?
except you arent critting with no dex you fucking moron
>Except you know highlanders get crossguard debuff for double pierce damage with the buff time scaling off str?
the buff time doesnt scale off str, this is completely false
>Except you know that 2 handers have a 1.5* bonus scaling on phys?
that bonus is still present with either str or dex; reduced physical is compensated for by the ability to crit, thats the whole fuckin point
>Except you know bleeding scales off str?
i did mention this as the one drawback, but it scales off phys, not str
>Except you know that doppel which is often what highlanders go into scales off str heavily from deeds/cyclone/etc?
deeds does not scale off of str, and cyclone scales off of phys as well, and can crit
>Except you know str deals 20% more damage than dex and dex is worthless because correct plate armour lets you take 1s even from maven and magic makes dex worthless?
actually calcs come out as an even spread doing the most, compensating the reduced crit chance with green gems, so i dont know where you got that

tl:dr play the motherfucking game holy shit

What's a good swordsman build guys?

what do you want to do with it?

>except you aren't critting with no dex
>what is crit rate gear

>the buff time of crossguard doesn't scale off str
Holy shit you don't even play the game, how can you be this bad at the game?

>deeds does not scale off str
are you fucking retarded? High str = higher physical attack = more bonus from deeds
holy shit how can you be this retarded?
>cyclone doesn't scale off str
except its already been proven that multihit attacks highly favour str over dex you retarded shitposter

>actually calcs come out as an even spread
except no its not, its already been proven full str before the str 1.3* buff dealt 20% or more damage than dex, have you forgotten dex's 80% crit rate cap?

tll;dr play the game you absolute shitter

The mental gymnastics those people do to try and convince others that Highlander is viable when Barbarian exists is absolutely magical.

I wish they'd combine Highlander into Barbarian and give us a whole new R2 class for swordsman instead. There are ZERO reasons for both to be different classes, they completely overlap in usefulness and thematic.

How good is your good?

PvP if possible

What does most monster CritDef look like? I read Dullahan has 100. It seems you can get an easy 130ish CritRate from gems and gear which puts you at 19.5% CritChance on 0 CritDef monsters, subtracting 0.15% per CritDef.

>crossguard debuff time doesn't scale with str
PLAY THE GAME
THE
GAME

>deeds does not scale off of str
what the fuck am I reading?

Good enough to be competent

hurr hurr, and wich one might that be mister I know it all

how about some fullcon cata-dragoon?

Serpentine as full str before 1.3* buff:
(934+926)*7=13020

Serpentine as full dex (as a bonus I've given you 100% crit rate instead of 80%):
(926*1.5)*7=9723

Serpentine as full str after the 1.3* buff:
(1214+926)*7=14980

If you had read anything in this thread you would know full DEX highlander was the way to go.

>Arguing over "full dex" and "full str" when 1:1 is the best

lmao

Even a full DEX Swordie with Crit Rate gems will only get like 80% crit rate on high level monsters. If you think you can get STR and Gems and stil lcrit reliably, you're delusional.

Choosing STR means you can't PvP. You'll never hit another Swordsman or an Archer.

A skill doesn't "scale with STR" just because it takes p.atk into consideration. If that werre true, everything in the Swordie tree would "scale with STR. Things only scale with a stat if the STAT is taken directly into the calculation.

good luck getting 350+ crit rate with no fucking dex

and i did directly acknowledge that these things scale off of your physical attack which is contributed to by your str, but again, you're losing a phat chunk as well if you're critting less

if those calcs are true ill step out, i didnt expect the change to cause that dramatic of a difference

welp gg, str it is; especially with hop putting you in real crit range with no investment

thats only 4.5% chance at level 280 unless the crit formula changed while i wasn't looking
[your rate - monster critdef] x42/yourLevel

Not him and not saying STR isn't better for Dopp/Highlander (don't have exp with high levle swordsman) but you can't just generalize a skill to be good via STR just because it's multi-hit. You gotta calculate the average damage with a rough estimate of STR/Atk/Crit/buffs. Multihits are said to benefit from STR because they have too-low base skill attack to benefit from dex more. 1355 base atk is pretty high and going to get higher with Dopplel 3, and your weapon already adds like 400 Attack so the extra 500 atk and (750crit atk * ~15% crit rate) might not be as beneficial as a 85% crit rate multiplying your hits by 1.5x damage. And crit atk is a flat bonus after the 1.5x damage calculation. And for an even fuller picture you have to look into your ideal rotation in each scenario (PvP/trash mobs/boss). Again I don't know how each class/builds buffs work besides Deeds adding attack% so whatever your phys attack is at 280 you can do that math yourself I don't know how swordsman stats look like at that level with some gear.

How do I start the game? It has been like this for 5 minutes already.

Sword 3 Cata 3 goon standard PvP meme. 2:1 DEX/CON or 2:1 DEX/STR

Sword High Barb 3 Doppel 2 not-so-standard PvP build, 200 DEX the rest into STR.

Just wait for 5 more minutes

That happened to me. Validate files provided you are using steam. If that doesn't work I dunno.

>4.5%
Yeah that's for Dullahan my bad I was talking about 0CritDef monsters in the second sentence where 19.5% would be the cap (and full time with a high-enough-SPR Zalciai from Krivis).

to be fair there are a lot of sources of 0 critres debuffs when youre going with a party, but id still say at least 250 rate of your own if you're planning on critting with any regularity

>when there was a Wizard Blade on the Market for 4k but you were level 109 and now you boosted to 120 because you did all the map quests and had to use cards and now there are no WizBlades and the cheapest 120 swords are 12k and have less 10atk than WizBlade and no Matk
jfmsuf

dont invite normies to your guild

Why don't you stop being a beta and tell him to stop in guild chat?

We have, many times

Tell him you'll rape him if he doesn't stop.

>normies
please don't bully rance and cats.
they might only play 5 hours a week but they are still human beans and their shitposting does matter as much as anyone's else.

>tfw going Krivis Priest adding +500dmg from blessing and monstrance giving 1.3x dex and Zalciai making 0 critdef monsters
even Dullahan

>try to run the game
>clients starts, 100% etc
>game opens, white screen
>closes immediately after that
what do?

Verify your files.

give up on life

Capy remid him to stop that shit like everytime but once a day he have to to use that xDDD when he is happy about something

I had that exact shit yesterday fucking IMC. I never touched Steam until this game so I don't know how to do any of that verify files shit so here's what I did.
>add/remove programs
>uninstall my graphics card drivers
>go to graphics card company website to redownload drivers
>didn't work
>delet game and its steam folder
>redownload game
>now back to slaving away to kill x amount of monsters for helpless retard who decided to live on his own or with just 3 other guys and no weapons in an area infested with monsters
Honestly it's probably just the game itself. I reinstalled the drivers because my computer jittered a few seconds before freezing while the game was on.

ebin xDDDD

Hey guys, just started playing the game. I want to be a Doppelsoeldner (that's currently the best melee DPS, right? I also like two-handed weapons).

How does this build look?

tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/dcwl1wziks/

I read the OP FAQ, but the cookie cutter builds have Peltasta C1 in them for Swashbuckling, whereas I have a buddy who'll play a dedicated tank role (which ends up as a Templar if I recall correctly). Since we'll always be playing together, there's no need for me to get that Pelt C1, right?

Some build w/ Wiz3 or Arch->QS1->?

>that's currently the best melee DPS
The best melee DPS will be hackapell when r8 is released

can anyone disprove this calc or do I have to reroll my doppelgoon because I went dex?

just take the less damage enjoy the evade, or pump crit attack gems and str for now on