Fallout general

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z8K-Y_W04Ms&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=boPKjacRH0I&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=au8i2TOAA8k
youtube.com/watch?v=VVV4xeWBIxE
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/68/?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#
youtube.com/watch?v=rpa6g_THAbc
youtube.com/watch?v=EP9siraUFtM
gamebanshee.com/interviews/105836-fallout-new-vegas-and-dlc-post-mortem-interview-part-one-v15-105836.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mod Organizer 2 or NMM?

Good job lad.

For the user with the drill idea. Works as the shredder and uses custom ammo that SHOULD NOT be obtainable in order for weapon to function properly. I still need a way to block out the abilty to put a muzzle on top of it.

Don't forget to talk to your Overseer about babies.

Is there a mod to not make me the leader of the Minutemen after the second quest? I want to do minutemen quests without NPCs acknowledging me as the leader of the minutemen as it doesn't fit my character.

Also is there a list of recommended mods? New to this game.

youtube.com/watch?v=z8K-Y_W04Ms&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=boPKjacRH0I&feature=youtu.be

Mod organizer because nmm makes you login to the nexus and you cant install mods if you are banned.

NMM obviously.

Cait is the best girl in the entire Fallout franchise. You honestly cannot prove me wrong kiddos. *puts on sunglasses, flips cape behind, and walks away* Peace nigggaaaas.

Getting mixed signals here.

>because nmm makes you login to the nexus
No it doesn't...

>start playing fallout 4
>get bored
>start again
>get to level 30 odd
>start again
>repeat

this is suffering.

>nmm makes you login to the nexus

no it doesn't.

I just got the Battle for Bunker Hill quest, and I already don't want to choose between the Institute and the Railroad, but I decided to go warn them. Now Desdemona is trying to make me choose a side between the Minutemen and the Railroad. If I choose one, does it actually do anything? I heard that factions don't really exist in this game the way they did in NV.

So what information do we have about Nuka-World at this point?

So, I'm making a character who is gonna supply the commonwealth with drugs and guns. Should I join the minutemen, or do you guys think I should hold out for Nuka World and see if the raider shit is any good?

Not sure how I can headcanon the minutemen being the commonwealth drug runners

WHY CANT I BALLISTIC WEAVE ANYTHING THAT LOOKS GOOD?

nothing that we didn't know from E3

>If I choose one, does it actually do anything?
You can tell Dez you will support her, but then turn around and betray her anyways

Unlike NV, this game doesn't shoehorn you via magic all knowing NPCs

There's likely going to be a companion named Gage added. I wouldn't expect anything more developed than Longfellow, though.

I'm replaying New Vegas after reinstalling it, what are some fun/interesting companion, quest, weapon, and armor mods, or just mods you recommend? Only on the Nexus though.

Coito Ergo Sum

>this game doesn't shoehorn you via magic all knowing NPCs
youtube.com/watch?v=au8i2TOAA8k

>any NPc here displaying all knowing power
Is this a ruse?

Already installed my man.

youtube.com/watch?v=VVV4xeWBIxE

>building will never be this fun

So what, Far Harbor was Point Lookout + OA + Broken Steel, and now Nuka world is like Dead Money + The Pitt?

Yes, because Nick magically knowing the one dog companion the player can have, and being able to magically summon him from across the map isn't exactly the same kind of absurdity as shown in New Vegas.

Anyone know anything about creating Scripts for Fallout 4?

I'd like to make one but I've no clue how the fuck I'd go about that, it'd literally just monitor an effect occurring then enter in a console command without me having to do it manually.

I honestly misread that as "supply the commonwealth with dogs and guns." Which feels like an infinitely more interesting playthrough - gunrunning Minuteman beastmaster would be fun as hell.

Go circlejerk with that shitposter Kos. It's too bad Kos suffers from speshul snowflake syndrome, his modding talent isn't half bad.

how's Far Harbor with Nick as companion?
i really want to explore new shit with Ada

>Dead Money

not even close to that level of writing

i just want a script that adds 1000 of every crafting material to my inventory so i dont have to play for 4 days to be able to build something bigger than a single room shack

I wonder how hard it would be to mod in a grappling hook for snipers. Most of the rooftops are accessible plus there are plenty interesting vantage points.
Certainly seems like it, although, truth be told, I feel New Vegas' DLC had more content to them. Fallout 4 only got Far Harbor that's worth a penny, the other ones being borderline modder's work.

>Yes, because Nick magically knowing the one dog companion the player can have,
Except he doesn't magically know him, they establish a backstroy, and dogmeat doesn't even have to be your companion.

>and being able to magically summon him from across the map
Except nick outright explains he used an ultrasonic sound like a dog whistle

> isn't exactly the same kind of absurdity as shown in New Vegas.
No, in New Vegas you can shoot three guys in the middle f a desert with no one around, and no one left alive, and still become vilified with the faction they are part of because
>LELE MAGIC NPCS KNOW!

What you posted was a video were the entire situation was explained
>Dogmeat is known across the commonwealth
>Nick has worked with him before
>Nick uses a ultrasonic sound dog whistle to summon him
Literally everything is explained.

I know you Obshitian tards are butt blasted over Bethesda getting the series, but at least try when biating

I mean, I could do that, but I don't know how to sell dogs

>script to do that
jesus nigger.... no
Just make a bat file

there's a google docs site that has every console codes on it. I just forgot about it. it also has link for bat files to give you all materials.

You do realize factions have scouts right? And that you can see these scouts and interact with them and shoot them if you want?

Also, at least Vegas attempted to have a faction system. As it is in 4, you can play all sides right until a point of no return quest, which is extremely late game. It's just weird

user. I ...

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/68/?

Reason I ask is because I want a 2 perk per level system. And fuck Script Extender.

Also.

Here. Google Docs page in question.
Look to the far Right of the upper half of the page for the premade Bats Files.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

rate my courier

no trenchcoat/10

Ehh.

- Ammo Ingredients as Loot
- Bury your Treasure
- Faction Armor Redone
- Immersive Minigames
- Improved Sneak
- Loot All Vehicles
- Mass Recalibration
- More Realistic Aiming
- Real Recoil
- Realistic Reloading
- Smart Helmets
- Authentic Burned Man
- Burning Campfires
- Corpse Equip
- No Faction Armor Warning
- JIP Improved Recipe Menu

Overhauls:

- Project Nevada
- JSawyer (the original mod, haven't tested the Ultimate Edition yet)
- Vicious Wastes
- Nitty's Wild Ride
- Yukichigai's Gameplay Tweaks
- Cirosan's Classic Overhaul

Hola Lucas

¿Qué hacés, puto?

god he looks so stupid. way too rough for Caesar. Looks like he's fresh out of sons of anarchy or some shit.

China tu madre, beaner fuck. At least you stopped shilling most of Fear and Loathing as your own. You still left in enough details to pin you down though, tacobender.

nth for Weebly guy needs to update his shit already

How can I get more people to a settlement? I already have my beacon running and my happiness is at 75% or so.

Also, is there any feasible way of restoring the houses in Sanctuary Hills? I thought maybe I could snap metal walls onto the frame of the house where the walls are all shitty, but it won't let me.

>Nuka world is like Dead Money + The Pitt?

I fucking hope, but it won't have writing anywhere near as good as Dead Money.

No MF cells for ammo? It must need fuel.

>even with a gtx 1080 lexington is still laggy
literally what the fuck

This is a good thread

Very cool, user. I've tried making it a melee weapon, but I'm not having much luck getting it to fire the animation properly. I can swing it around like a hammer or punch people with it, but the animation seems to be tied to an enchantment. It looks as though I'll have to create a new enchant to get it working as a melee weapon properly, one that does not reference ammo count. I'll need to get some sleep before I try that.

I'm not concerned about any proprietary nonsense, I'd just like to have a drill in my shitty quest mod. If you can get it working, more power to you. That drill attachment you made looks pretty fucking sweet.

>start Battle for Bunker Hill
>Courser tells me the situation has changed
>Brotherhood airship shows up, Courser starts shooting at it
>i didn't talk to the fucking brotherhood
>Courser, Railroad Heavies, Knight Paladins all shooting at each other
>nobody is firing at me because I'm on good terms with everyone
>a bunch of feral ghouls appear
>trashcan carla somehow shows up and gets shot

>every Spanish-speaking person is a beaner
>what is Spain
>recommending good mods makes you a copycat

try harder

What about the Ripper? You could try basing the drill off of the Ripper's architecture.

Someone pulled some map markers from the CK

youtube.com/watch?v=rpa6g_THAbc

Me cago en espana

>t. the same spic Lucas who has been shilling Fear and Loathing as his own for a month
At least you didn't just repost your pic this time and half-ass tried to make it an original modlist instead of a carbon copy.

Does anyone here use both Snap & Build and Homemaker? Do they clash at all?

there is a teleport/portal gun on the nexus, a lot simpler than a gun that fires a hook with an attached cord.

>the M60 link is gone

DUDE

glitch stuff into/on to the walls via group select, there are youtube vids that go into this in detail.

or download a mod that allows you to place objects anywhere, or repairs the houses.

Don't get banned then ???

It's easy, don't post comments or on the forums, they're both cancer anyway

If you can get the Place Anywhere and Spring Cleaning mods, they'll make your life much less stressful.

If not, you can always try the rug trick, but it doesn't always work:

youtube.com/watch?v=EP9siraUFtM

>i didn't talk to the fucking brotherhood

There's an army of synths assaulting the second largest settlement in the Commonwealth, within spitting distance of the Prydwen.

The fact the Institute didn't predict the Brotherhood noticing just underlines how fucking retarded they are.

Being different makes it original, dumbfuck.

What, just because F&L recommend a mod I can't recommend it too?

Get YOure dAce On!!!

You literally copy pasted a NVEdit patch that's straight from F&L. Last time you posted all 5. Seriously fuck off or get a trip so I can filter your stupid beano bandito ass.

>tab out
>tab back in
>see this

Why the fuck can't Bethesda code for shit? Do I have to play this shit in borderless window?

I tried referencing it off the ripper and the handy buzz blade, but no luck. It functions as a weapon, but the animation is wrong. If I use the minigun animation, the barrel won't spin because I'm out of ammo.

Near as I can tell, the animation I want is tied to an enchant on the Shredder/Minigun bayonet muzzle attachment, that allows the barrel to keep spinning, even if the weapon has no ammo. I can't reference that animation directly, or it will simply not fire at all.

I'm pretty sure I can create new muzzle attachments that all have the Shredder enchantment. Just takes time and testing. I'm not doing it tonight though.

>You do realize factions have scouts right?
Except none are around during this situation

>And that you can see these scouts and interact with them and shoot them if you want?
which changes nothing about losing rep as, even if you kill scouts, you still lose rep.

>Also, at least Vegas attempted to have a faction system. As it is in 4, you can play all sides right until a point of no return quest, which is extremely late game. It's just weird
>its weird that factions don't kick you out for shit they have no knowledge that you did!

Are you serious?

>replaying fallout 3
>Muh nostalgia
I love this fucking game

>dead money
>good writing
>literally everything about the DLC, including every characters motivations can be summed up as "CANT LET GO!"
>good writing

the only DLC for NV more poorly written then Dead Money was Lonesome Road

Is there a way to make the pip-boy bigger without lowering my FOV? I play at 100 and the pip boy is almost impossible for me to read, even when I right click in it.

why can't i use my weapons anymore when i'm holding something with E? i want to pick up corpses, pretend they're breathing their last before i put a final shell into their face.

I can't believe how simple-minded some people are. It actually slightly disturbs me that you can't comprehend a running theme and appreciate it. Instead, you think it's better writing to have absolutely no unifying theme at all.

Incredible. Black is white. Good writing is bad. Nothing is better than something. This seems to be your philosophy.

I think there is or was a compatibility patch. Pretty sure Settlement Keywords made it redundant. Check the mod description of Homemaker.

>2016
>Only having one monitor

Are you in a third world country?

>This seems to be your philosophy.
Wow,. what a ridiculous straw man

No, my "philosophy"(what a fucking joke of a thing to say) is that good writing makes a point, it doesn't tell a point, Dead Money was so heavy handed in how every single character was just a one dimensional self-insert for the dev to push the
>SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T LET GO!!!!
point that none of it was real, believable, and one of the characters were sympathetic or enjoyable to be around for it.

Its one of Obsidian's most consistent problems through all their games.

they have no idea how to make a point with writing, so they just spill their fucking spaghetti about it every chance they get.

By literally all standards of writing its bad writing

>shitposting to keep /fog/ off page six

/egg/ is constantly on 9 and never dies

>wear chain armor
>everyone comments about no pants

now that's immersive

Still waiting on someone to make good Caesar's legion armor mod since i'm terrible at porting.

Not that user, but preachy and pretentious morality plays are not necessarily 'good.' Don't think that because I do not care for the 'theme,' that somehow this means I don't understand it. I understand it just fine, but I just don't give a fuck.

Maybe you should 'let go' of your obsession with NV. Avellone certainly has. It's why he wanted to nuke the shit out of the setting.

Remember

gamebanshee.com/interviews/105836-fallout-new-vegas-and-dlc-post-mortem-interview-part-one-v15-105836.html
The only time I was conscious of it was the discussions about religion with Kaelyn the Dove in Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer. In terms of franchise perspectives, Kreia in Knights of the Old Republic II isn't shy about breaking down her/my perspectives on the Force. Lastly, with regards to the DLCs, I believe Ulysses is correct, a new framework of civilization is the only solution for the Mojave and the Legion and NCR are self-destructive institutions (the Legion is more a slow burn than NCR is) and both should be cleansed with fire. Also, in Dead Money, Elijah's not only frustrated with human nature but he also makes several pointed comments about hand-holding in RPGs, which may be voicing my views on the matter, since I can get a little grumpy about it.

Avellone is an admitted self-insert fag and thats why everything he writes is so fucking blunt and obvious.

Just let this faggot general die so all the 4fags will fuck off to /v/.
Then we can make /fonv/ general for actual civilized discussion about an actually good game.

So having absolutely no substance, as is objectively true in 3 and 4, is superior? How fascinating.

Personally, I'd take a heavy-handed meaning over none and 'YOU'RE JESUS YOU GIVE WATER TO THE PEOPLE'

>You literally copy pasted a NVEdit patch that's straight from F&L

I would make a list of mods that aren't included in the guide, but the point of the image is "this is what I use and you should use", and there are plenty of F&L recommended mods that I don't use.

And I don't recommend mods I don't use. Otherwise, I would use them.

just filter posts with FNV_xx.jpg as their filename nigga

>So having absolutely no substance, as is objectively true in 3 and 4, is superior?
Lol wow

Totally can see the bias here.

I made no claims of superiority.

I blame Fallout 2; sequels ruin everything. ESB is one of the few exceptions.

So you're going to argue 3 or 4 has substance? Please, try. I could use a laugh

i can't wait for you to BTFO this bethesda dickrider

In that case, that's fair. Sequels are often painful but without them we wouldn't even be here talking about fallout still, and for that reason I'm glad they exist.

It has no more or less substance then any other Fallout game, which is to say little.

Things like Tenpenny Tower, the Pitt, The Institute and their synths, all bring up points about racism, bigotry, slavery, and how while people may be bad, the people opposing them are probably just as bad in their own ways.

It far less annoying then NV because it doesn't constantly have its NPCs constantly spaghetti the various issues it brings up over the player.

Whereas Obsidian games constantly have NPCs point out the whole "point" of whats going on in 4th wall break style exposition, fo3 and 4 just have things in them that are based around various points, and just lets you make u your own mind about them.,