Mining

Does anyone here mine cryptocurrencies? I'm thinking of getting into it but I have a few questions.

There is hardware that is able to calculate 14TH/s, it costs roughly between 2 - 3 thousand dollars. When you apply this to, let's say Monero. You apply the calculations and consider the cost of electricity in a calculator, it says the yearly profit is something impossible ($29 million)

I am an absolute noob at this, so what is going wrong in my calculation? I know that the block reward is likely to reduce in future as more miners pop up, but in that case one could always move to another Coin.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/fDaAhueQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who's to say Monero will be worth anything within the next year. You might spend x on electricity and your initial investment and come out negative

This is what people told me on /g/ when I was 17 mining bitcoin before it was even tradeable for fiat.

That's not the point, you could always trade the earned currency (I only used monero as an example) into Bitcoin or US dollars, or even just mine another currency altogether.

My main problem is that it all seems too easy

Different algorithms are used to mine Monero and other coins.

14TH/s is probably used to reference bitcoin mining. The total monero network hashrate is only like 50MH/s, so yeah your calculations were off.

People who mine and hold are literally fucking retarded. All cryptocoiins are worthless and hype memes. I've been mining and selling meme coins since Dogecoin and make around $500/month and don't even have good hardware. Sell to the shillers and to the moon faggots and move on.

this.

the perfect time ti mine and get rich was when bitcoin was new

Would it be possible or worthwhile to use the 14TH/s hardware to mine shitcoins before they pump? The plan then would be to sell them once they reach a nice value in relation to BTC

I seriously suggest following this guide for cheap mining posted in the /CCG/, works wonders for me on pascalcoin.

pastebin.com/fDaAhueQ

Can someone do this with a cloud mining like vultr and scale it up?

How do I swap pascalcoin for real money

I don't think you can ever achieven 14TH with your GPU and CPU for mining shitcoins. The only ones which do that are specialized in 1 coin only, namely bitcoin. And maybe Ethereum, Synero, Litecoin.
They're called Antminers, Asic miners.

Otherwise no. You can't. Unless you have a computer and electrical engineering science team in your pocket then I doubt you'll ever get 1 GH, let alone 12TH for mining anything but bitcoin.
I got my neet dreams crushed too with this faulty calculation.

Cryptocurrency died quicker than punk rock did

This is why BURST is the future. Even the plebbiest user can mine it with pleb tier hardware as long as you have spare HDD space

So what kind of HDD and SSD do you need?

What's out there that can mine monero at 14TH/s? I think you're thinking of an antminer which doesn't work for mining monero.

How the fuck do you get their miner working?

any kind, more space, the better

you need to plot your HDD first before mining.

>Refer to coin's bitcointalk thread to find out how to mine
What exactly does this mean?
Why not just link the thread or paste its contents there?

word thanks famb

Monero doesn't use the same proof of work algorithm than bitcoin, it uses one which is slower, so you will never be able to pull those 14Th

bump