Eve Online General - /eog/

Caring Company Edition

old thread permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
If you have to ask, you can't do it.

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/ser9Acpg (embed) (embed)

>Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
>Winter: drilling platforms
>Oct 28: Eve Vegas
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Fall: industrial arrays, barge visuals, AOE BOOST/LINK REWORK, Rorqual rework
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, damage/repping visuals, DX11 clouds performance boost, cargo notifications

Past:
>Jul 26: AT prizes: covops cruor and covops armor logi ashimmu
>Jul 23: Goons moving to Delve, SMA alliance closes
>Jul 19: Broski enters QFC, Rote super salty
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT 14 rule changes: 10 players, no cap-transfer, no jumpdessies, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event begins (shittiest one of the 3 so far), serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, tactical overlay vectors, new implants, legal drugs, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion give ECM immunity, mass fitting tool
>Jun 23: RIP sp dailies
>May 31: RIP old camera, new multi-use analyzers introduced
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>May 12: Name ships automatically with a saved fit name
>May 06: Eve Online 13th Anniversary
>Apr 27: Citadels & cap rebalance released. Tears, bugs, etc. RIP rolling yachts.
>Apr 21: community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/csm-11-election-results/
>Mar 09: Massive mod tiercides that broke a lot of fits.
>Feb 09: SP trading
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dgy17ji1RKI
youtube.com/watch?v=LdPi67dDydg
zkillboard.com/kill/55270851/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jamyl

The future of AT you chose.

Rattlesnek

>cruise rattle

In the last day of eve Federation mega will fight Imperial apoc at the Jita undock. They will fight for hours until suicide squad arrives, but in their hubris they destroy both of Glorious Battleships simultaneously and explosion will be so great, that it wipe out all the servers and ccp bank accounts.

>rapid launchers

mussah post feet

Hey /eog/,

I started this game about a week ago, I joined a noobie corp (pandemic horde) and I am having a blast. Lots of fleet fights where I pretty much just tackle something then get blaped by the thing I am tackling (usually vexors/ ishtars/ dessys, caracals). Which I am totally fine with, I get i it, you hold them down and your fleetmates kill them hopefully before they kill you.

Yesterday I started trying to do solo pvp and man do I suck fat donkey dick at that. I have tried every single fit that I have found at least 5 or 6 times and just been absolutely destroyed every time. I think the furthest I have gotten someone is into half armor. I am not using my own fit, these are things I found on zkillboard from "good" pilots, I just tech them down.

Kite tristan? Blap
Brawl Tristan? Blap
Kestral? Blap
Atron? blap
Tormentor? blap

Should I just stick with one ship? Surely I shouldn't be sucking this hard just to start? Have you all been lying to me in that it really is too late to start playing eve because only hardcore people with 100m sp are the ones doing anything?

I should stick with one ship to feel a dick in yo... to feel your engagement profile.

>eve
>solo pvp

What are you even fighting? You do know pirate frigates have better bonuses, right? And that older players have more bonuses through skills too and can use T2 guns and ammo?

what is this about DX11 I just heard?

Focus on one ship for training and learn to pick your fights also. If your only a week old then there are very few fights you can win on your own since most of what you will come up against will have a month or more training and skill over you (check there charecter sheets in local before warping to them to get a feel of what your going up against).

Link killboard

>a month
More like 5 years.

don't tease me senpai

Pretty much the same ships, daredevils, I fought a thorax and lived, I don't think he had a point.

So.... it is too late? I wont get enough isk to sustain buying pirate ships for a while. I have been cloak caping sites in FW for isk and it's not that great of money. I get like 100 mil then buy some ships. Yes I know that T2 guns and ammo are better.

it's not entirely sp. you can get to within 90% effectiveness on small ships like frigates in a couple of weeks.

learning your engagement profile in a given ship is super important, because it's like rock paper scissors what you can kill and what can kill you (I'm not saying it's easy - it's hard because it requires learning sort of how everything is fit and what it can do, but it's needed).

Also it's quite likely that your mechanical execution isn't as good as it could be. Presumably you've been watching the Suitonia Eve Is Easy vids, and if you haven't, you should do that.

also in lowsec, you are likely to find a lot of people expensive as fuck implants (because it's hard for a player who knows what he's doing to lose pods in lowsec) and link alts (because lowsec is small, there are a lot of stations for your links to dock at, and moving them around with you isn't too hard) and drugs because why not. If you try your luck in null, it will be harder to get up and going when you get inevitably wrecked, but you'll find a lot more people with empty pods and no links. Also there are a lot of retards in null because giant alliances don't incentivize personal skill as much as the smaller pirate groups that live in lowsec, for a number of reasons.

consider getting the program Pirate's Little Helper to help you interpret some of the information about the people you are fighting.

You dont need pirate ships for a while. all of them, except maybe worm are actually hard to fly.

i dunno but hopefully it fixes the .massive frame drop issues

he wasn't saying you should buy pirate ships, just that you should recognize pirate ship names when you see them and know that for now, they are a bit over your abilities to successfully engage.

this is totally wrong, though I would have said more like three months for a nice fat engagement profile. You can and should be out losing frigs and dessies even at a week old in order to learn what you can do with weak tools, though. do NOT fall into the trap of "i need to fly interceptors to do well" "i need to fly a svipul to do well" "i need to fly a recon cruiser to do well". You can kick ass in any ship against the right target, and fortunately plenty of dumb targets exist if you're smart about looking for them and recognizing them when you see them.

>Should I just stick with one ship?

Up to you, but it's easier to learn one than learn them all. It's also better to focus your skills into t2 equipment for one type of ship.

Ship choice doesn't matter that much. Every ship can die and every ship can kill under proper conditions. You just have to learn what those are.

>Surely I shouldn't be sucking this hard just to start?

Imagine you were trying to play football, but having never learned to walk. This is what you're doing. Of couse you''l suck.

> Have you all been lying to me in that it really is too late to start playing eve because only hardcore people with 100m sp are the ones doing anything?

In frig fights, only 2-5m of those 100m sp can actually count.

So a kiting ship gets beat by a brawling ship that lands on it? stuff like that?

I will watch those vids.

so avoid pirate ships.

So lets say I should just learn one engagement profile, what should I start with that is relatively easy?

>what should I start with that is relatively easy?

Brawl Kestrel (overrated but it can get the job done). Watch Suitonia's vids for Kestrel memes. Also watch this if you think skills are limiting

youtube.com/watch?v=dgy17ji1RKI

Any kitey fit is also a good start (because all kitey shit is flown the same, and once you know one, you know them all). The trick is just to know the speed you need to go to outrange other ships. Basically you just have to learn what's faster than your ship, and ignore those.

My advice would be to train for a dessie and play with that. It's slower than a frig and dies more easily, but you are stronger than in a frig.

yeah kestrels are popular
to the point that the most recent zkill guide video references suitonia youtube.com/watch?v=LdPi67dDydg

>zkill guide

fuck off grandpa it's funny

no

Zkill guide is copying the Le Cynical Man meme (without a brit accent) with Le computer Voice xDDDD so randum meme

combine the worst of both fucking worlds and churn this fucking shit out.

I'm just saying most people willing to solo PvP will have 5 years of SP and ISK on him.
That's mostly true. Nearly everyone gives up on solo pvp until they reach that point where they can just casually replace pirate frigs with T2/cheap faction/cheap officer fit. Because, you know, everyone else soloing will have that kind of stuff.

Le computer voice is just so funny that I keep watching it anyway.

also he's an aids linkfag snake shitter

>2016
>not using dual rep heron

>tfw some guy brought a tackle heron to a fleet

pls don't project that hard

caw

>some nosolo fag on /eog/ saying how everyone flies pirate frigs all the time

>mfw flying t1 master race
>mfw not being a faggot

>cruises and gardes
negro either rhml + gecko
or cruise + bouncer

get gud

>raven

10 MORE DAYS FOR NMS BOISSSSSSSSSSSS

>gardes
>ever
>not curators

Smallest battleship

can you even land on planets in this game?

No.

Not but you can in Elite:Dangerous© with the Horizons© expansion.

then what's the point?

You can setup colonies for production and resource gathering etc.

Back to "No multiplayer sky"

SPREADSHEETS

would you say r/eog needs more or less raven posting

THIS IS IMPORTANT PART OF THE GAME

kill yourselv dumb frogposter

>week old
>flying four races already

First and biggest problem right there. Choose one race, skill the fuck into them, get solid skills, and then branch out.

Tristans are easymode, get some t2 drones, keep everyone at range, and you'd have to be literally braindamaged to not win those engagements.

Or, if you really wanna good get, stop being a bottom bitch to another nullsec empire and join all-out

>all-out
>good

your gay

hey can i join all-out

don't speak to me or my orca ever again

zkillboard.com/kill/55270851/

I don't even

Tritanium breaks apart in the atmosphere or something like that

>implying there is no Stainless Tritanium

Hull tanking is shit anyway. It's all XLASB everywhere now.

heheheh

It actually "reacts violently" on contact with Oxygen.

>joining allout

what's the problem

what is wrong here?

>plate + rep

Oh wait no, I know nothing about fiting

>le funny meme

plate rep is perfectly fine and that's a good fit, kys

ancil is buffer, lad

fucking saved

No.
>tengu dying to rats
The cap battery isn't even faction, lmao.

Did suitonia really say to not fit faction ammo ?

for nullsec, yes

lol

is something funny

>let's purposely lower our dps!

who are you quoting

suitonia is a dumb lisping britmong with bad posture

Just resubbed after a long break and found this from my first data site, do people even use these things?

looking at the stats they seem pretty garbage, unless they benefit from both the analyzer skills. if I wasn't lazy I'd get one on test server and see what's up, or maybe it's in pyfa

>guys it's epic
>>le downvote everyone who disagrees

Yes, they do.
Even though it sucks.

I didnt kill you today did I? MoA killed a bunch of you guys today.

>MoA

>330 million ISK

Why are they so expensive?

those components are like 300m

For Rocket kestrel you don't have to. Tech Ii rage rockets apply just fine vs frigates especially if you have a web on you. The DPS gain you get from them is much better than the faction ammo

maybe learn how things work instead of parroting the same bullshit your FCs tell you because "that's the way it's always been done"

>Have you all been lying to me in that it really is too late to start playing eve because only hardcore people with 100m sp are the ones doing anything?
Yes, they have, and yes, only veteran characters with millions of SP will ever get to do anything interesting.

But user, he could totally be an F1 pusher/tackler in a big fleet or jus b gud and go solo pvp and create his own content! No need for skillpoints!

Hey, tackles important even if he is just cannon fodder

CCPL confrimed. Defenseless goon supercarrier unable to jump a gate leading to its death at the hands of cheat legion.

epic nice meam

>still no t1 destroyer buff

>Make my Cata able to gank more stuff pls CCP