Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Egg quests edition

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

discord.me/mhg

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BlZjCXJfDe0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>People complaining about raths of all monsters

What ?

i want to swim with lagiacrus!!!

Is the Teostra bow worth using while it still only has Rapid Lv2?

Do you need to fit in that badly? Raths suck.

If it doesn't let me hit it without interruption its shit.

t-pose locked monhun when?

Should I take corkscrew III for striker lance or grab the evade to not die? Evade sounds pretty great.

>people complaining about monsters in a monster hunter game
?

I'm completely new to this series. What weapon type should I choose to have the most mobility?

prowler. it's by far the fastest.

Whatever feels right.

I want to BE meowstress

Why did they create a whole new icon range and animations for MHtri but dump it in the subsequest games

It looked pretty good

SnS

Anything with adept style

>people complaining about gameplay in a play game
!

He's not fun at all and all those old ass basic wyverns are fucking garbage and outdated

>people game
:^)

i want to feed all meowstress posters to khezu!

Adept DB.

Attack while you dodge! Dodge while you attack!

>tfw you do double Khezu key with a fondue set and high metal set

>fanged beasts in again
>dromes in again
>khezu in again
>more raths than ever
>fucking blangonga and bulldrome because fuck it, fuck everything
>five villages, functionally identical
fucking christ, capcom; do you want to make a shitty game or a good game? make up your goddamn mind.

Dreadking rathalos what a genius idea feom capcom. Hunting it 25 times is so fun. I hope we get Apex dreadking in the g version.

Hey bud, there's still people playing 3U.

>more raths than ever

we have the usual 6 (six) rath derivatives

>Do you need to fit in that badly?
Do you need to fit in that badly?

>five villages
>pokke
nigga why are you complaining

>palico training

if he really wants to fit in he should praise underwater combat and say charge blade is objectively the most skilled weapon :^)

>not one reply mentioning hunting horn

hunting horn has the fastest weapon drawn movement speed. however, you then have to lock yourself into moderately long heavy attacks. so it's a positioning game

if you want fast attacking with your high mobility loon at swordnshield, dualswords, or insect staff

What's with all the whiny little shits lately?

the start of 4u wasn't nearly this bad

>no Moga Village

because some people nostalgia for different things.

>>Do you need to fit in that badly?
Do you need to fit in that badly?

This general has been waaay more pleasant than the start of 4U, but perhaps not as fun packed. Complicated balance I guess.

I want to give all anti-mewostress posters a big wet adult kiss!

quick
what light bow gun do I get
I'm HR5

dreadking farm
20-4956-6070-1544
rage
O---

I want you to stop posting.

I remember 4U threads just being monster image dump, mostly rathian

4Ubabbies coming over from 140 rajangs thinking they're hot shit, got wrecked, then complain about the game and monsters rather than blaming themselves.

Any charm rooms up?

Glaive with white+red buff is really fast. You can just hug monster weak points, attack, and dodge cancel so easily. Triple Up gives you rock steady so you have even more freedom of movement when hugging feet. Stupidly mobile weapon. My only real gripe with it is you move forward a little too much during your bread and butter DPS combo but that's easily avoidable or correctable with proper positioning or using the forward/backward heavy attacks.
Max out speed ASAP though. Slow bugs (imho) are a massive pain to work with.

but they're not adults!

Except the game and the monsters have always had glaring issues that are worth complaining about because they haven't ever been fixed.

Stop being such an apologist. The series is fucked up. It's fun, yes, and it's a good series, but it has some major, glaring issues.

I haven't played a Monster Hunter game since Freedom Unite (mostly because I didn't have the systems to play them on), but decided to pick up Generations a few days ago on a friend's suggestion. Loving it so far.

Used to be a basic bitch SnS user, but am really digging the Charge Blade. Heard a lot of shit about it though, so I was just wondering what the basic opinion on it is. Does it maintain use late game, or should I invest time and resources in another weapon?

Is there any way to farm for Mega Dash Juice materials easily?

>worth complaining about
>on a mongolian basket weaving forum

Send your email to capcom

People don't complain about Raths because they're hard, it's because they're blatantly outdated moveset. They're boring to fight, and they've been boring to fight for years.

Looking for help Ranking up - currently HR5 need 3 more til urgent.

Hall ID - 15-8141-4637-3167
PW - 7243

what about any of the dromes makes them anything but objectively inferior to the -ggis (or just abject garbage in the case of cephadrome and bulldrome)? i think capcom should leave them in mhfu where they belong.

los, ian, azurelos, sakurath, silver, gold, dreadking, whatever rathian's counterpart is

the more pointless shit that makes it in, the less capcom actually has to create instead of just recycling, and the less effort they have to spare on shit that matters

Daimyo Hermitaur a cute

It's a boring shit village and has nothing going for it save nostalgia.

They're basically empty setpieces without any life or flair. There is no progression involved and you can just switch between them from the get-go, making them little more than than exchangeable background similar to guild card ones.
Indeed, all they do is annoy you since you need to travel around like an idiot because fucktards want to talk to you and then talk to you again after you just left the damn place.

>key rusher looking to get carried

lol...

CB is really strong.
youtube.com/watch?v=BlZjCXJfDe0

CB is viable.

It used to be completely overpowered in the previous game and got nerfed this game, people who are used to it can't handle the new control and bitch about it.

You should be fine.

>mhg
>not easier than p3rd

>whatever rathian's counterpart is

dreadqueen you dunderhead

and bluelos and pinkian aren't in this game unless i missed something

Not in gen.

>Not even in the top 5 weapons
>Completely overpowered
t.greatsword main

They want a game that Japan will rush out to buy. That means endless pandering for fans of the first two gens.

>an anniversary spin off should only have the latest monsters

tell me more senpai. Should this game only have had insect glaive, charge blade and prowler as classes too?

>boring to fight
Stop this
We all know that all this means is you don't like fighting them
There is a difference

>the more pointless shit that makes it in, the less capcom actually has to create instead of just recycling, and the less effort they have to spare on shit that matters
there is nothing that would get capcom to try with this series.

2 spots open. come get your dreadking gear. We're on level 5, but you can post whatever on your turn

Iodrome is the worst monster in the series.

Great Wroggi has gotten shafted twice in a row now for it. There is no defending this.

>the video game General for MH isn't the place to talk about the game, unless it's what I want to talk about
I wish MH apologists would fuck off.

fans actually like the game

the ones spouting "genwunner" don't like it

Send it to capcom. What the fuck is complaining here going to do?

Not one of us can change it. Slow down your autism.

So on a scale from 1 - 10, how hard is Silverwind Narga? I really want that armor set.

where's the high-rank-but-not-unlocked turns room
reeeeeeeeeee

You're right, I don't like fighting them... because they're boring.

>Better armor
>Not hpspongemcgendrome poison edition
capcom why dont we have wroggi back

Not the same user but I don't like fighting them because they are boring to fight.

It's a pretty poor celebratory game when it does the same thing the entire series has done so far and will continue to do: Rehash the mediocre first two generations while adding like 20% new monsters per game.

So the only celebrating the game actually does is bringing back a lot of bland villages. And they weren't even well implemented.

I'm beginning to think that if I need information from this general, I should make a claim and wait to see if anyone tells me I'm retarded.

Have you considered making it yourself?

one above regular narga

I don't expect anyone here to do anything about it. Misery loves company, and people who are complaining just want someone else to go, "Yeah, I had to deal with that too. It totally sucks! Let's make a room and kick its ass!"

You know, conversation. Camaraderie. But I suppose an "autist" like me wouldn't understand such simple social ideas, eh?

>hpspongemcgendrome poison edition
seriously, why does Iodrome have more health than the others? He's the ugliest and most annoying.

Dreadking only? I need to work on grimclaw if you dont mind doing turns.

zelda dlc when

The game IS easy, but then you got people complaining about everything, even going "gen 1 and gen 2 a shit", and even some Gen 3 stuff like Nibelsnarf, who the fuck complains about Nibelsnarf?

Way I see it, they can't handle the "new" old stuff and bitch about it.

Despite the fact that dunes was in 4u.

Despite the fact that the Raths and Blos were in 4u and no one said shit.

Despite the fact that they're fine with sucking 140 Jang's dick 24/7.

wasn't sure if it was dreadqueen or some stupid shit like "venom-ass"

and idgaf if blue/pink aren't in, they are ACTIVELY MAKING MORE RATHS

did tri just flop over there because it wasn't a portable release? did they not pick it up even after 3G?

i can dream, can't i?

>nuh uh ur just a casul
fuck yourself, you webbed-feet cleft-palate hole-in-the-heart inbred crack baby

once capcom gets around to quietly fishing it out of the garbage can, which is all they've done for the past few years

Yeah but if you wanted actual change you would do something about it. You would organize those who did think similarly to do the same. Instead you just want to argue with people who don't feel the same, looking for every opportunity to "vent" and win internet fights by being the last to reply.

Is there a single video on the internet of someone soloing dreadking with a great sword in a timely manner?

Why can't they just make a game with all the monsters in it, in some way or form.
4U was a step in the right direction, how you could get parts for monsters that weren't actually in the game themselves so you could still make weapons and armor from their parts, though it was still a bit limited.
Similarly, Relics also fufilled this role, with what was almost an added bonus of being able to farm them to get the skills you wanted on them. Being able to actually craft them though would've made them more accessible though.

But now in generations there's nothing really to stand in for it that's close. Well, save the Giant Sword mining in pokke village I suppose.

This. I had fun at least.

>casual
never said that

most retards spouting genwunner here and in pokemon are autismfags and not casual

4u maps are terrible. I have called them terrible ever since 4u came out in the west, and they will remain terrible until the end of time. They ruin the core essence of monster hunter

Good point. I'm sure a pasty white guy such as myself will have all the luck in the world heading to Capcom, a Japanese studio that loves and listens to its Western fanbase, and convince them that, no, Pleioth hitboxes are completely unacceptable, and by the way, do you think you could tone it down on the Raths? I find them unfun.

Get real. If people want to vent, they're gonna vent. You can either ignore it, or get fucking assblasted like you are now and make a big deal. Instead of that, why don't you spearhead the Great Western Monster Hunter Revolution?

Any Boomstick bros in here who can recommend me an endgame armor?
None of the deviant armors seem particularly great for GL. Should I just stick with Seltas as the next best thing?

I liked the concept of relics, but the rng for it was indeed a tad too extreme. Maybe being able to craft a skill less piece of armor based on what you fight and using certain materials from that fight to upgrade it to what you wanted would have been better and more reliable grind.

fuck you Nibel is a terrible monster. who the fuck enjoys fighting a monster that submerges and emerges so much? the fight is taking too long that its supposed to be

How do dual-blade dual elements work damage formula wise?
On a monster weak to water/ice, what would be better between:
>Frozen Cleavers 210 raw, 30 ice, 25 water
>Deathsnarfs 200 raw, 32 water

yeah, pick a different weapon

I'm already playing other weapons but GL is fun so I'm using it on the side.
Try again.

>Try again
Okay.

yeah, pick a different weapon

How do I unlock advanced village quests? Do I have to finish quests in Hub to unlock them?