Would you rather have a fully loaded older car, or a brand new base model car?

Would you rather have a fully loaded older car, or a brand new base model car?

The former seems obvious, so why do I see base model Camaros and shit everywhere?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5miLManP1iw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because "newer is better" mentality.

probably an older car because i'm a cheapskate that's going to crash it some time

Depends on the condition of the used car.

for me, that extra shit will just break and i'll replace it with better stuff later

or it's shit i wouldn't use anyways sunroofs are just extra places your car can get a leak

all that nav shit doesn't work half as good as my cellphone's, same with the music apps, same with pretty much everything in these cars, they are complex and they fuck up like crazy, to the point people stop using them after a while

Because people are stupid. Hell, my dad bought a top trim 2014 Mustang for like 24k a few months ago. It's a V6 but it makes him happy. You can barely touch a base model 2016 for that much.

The older car
Its better value for money.

Depends.

Luxury sedan/sports car? Fully loaded used.

Pickup trucks? Base model new.

I could agree with this.

Neither, new cars are too expensive and fully loaded cars have more shit that could break.

this guy knows whats up

Older car
I recently bought an older car that was one of the highest trim levels
Compared to the previous car I drove, it has nice creature comforts such as air conditioning and a part leather steering wheel

You tell me.

kek, my car has an empty space like that because it's *not* the base model - it's got automatic headlight adjustment instead of a manual knob.

Depends on what's "base" and what's "fully loaded". Because some cars have tons of stuff in the base model, and the top level trim is full of useless shit like navigation, headrest monitors and ricer rims.

>not an rs6

God I fucking wish.
Those things have one of the best sounding engines out there.

All I do is buy highest trim level used cars

Exhibit A
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5miLManP1iw

what the fuck, its still custom but wtf

That sounds fucking brutal, especially for a big German luxobarge.

What are you even on about?

nothing, faggot

What a boner I have right now

>a fully loaded older car, or a brand new base model
Can I just have a mid level trim car with low mileage?

>mfw the "fully loaded" version of my car adds a stone age navigation system but *removes* the trip computer, compass and temperature/pressure display

Slightly used mid-level trim. I don't need super fancy trim levels or built-in satnav, but base model seats are hard as fucking wood.

>super fancy trim levels or built-in satnav,
you don't seem to know what top of the range means

Most cars I've looked at only included 69-speaker sound systems, wood furnishings, separate rear seat climate control and other inconsequential stuff in top of the range versions compared to second from the top.

inconsequential stuff like better brakes, suspension, biggest engine, lsd etc

>audi
how nigger are you?

maybe he knows how to wrench?

>Pickup trucks? Base model new.
>need $10,000 in packages to actually tow with it
I don't even, pickup trucks are awful to buy new.

What's that winding down sound coming from?

Alternator is low on fluid.

That's only on a few high performance models where top level is intended for the baddest boyracers. On most everything else, you can get the best available engine/brakes/etc without the maximum amount of other amenities.

Also, if you're not in the US, the biggest engine is likely going to rape your ass with taxes and fuel costs and you're better off getting the diesel option.

But newer IS better.

>top trim
>v6

At least your dad won't have enough power to mow down the ENTIRE crowd.

In some cases. A 2016 car will probably drive much better than one from 1990, but a car from 2013 will be almost the same as the 2016 one and cost half as much.

>Older car
>Base model
>Largest motor available

Well yeah, but a 2013 car is hardly "old."
But going from a car from the turn of the century to a modern one is like night and day.
It's not just that it probably drives better, it's way well built and much better insulated.

Of course there are great old cars, but generally speaking a new car from the same segment will be better in every way. Except visibility.

>>top trim
>>v6
I mean it has all that extra bullshit light mood lighting and crap. Basically everything short of getting the V8.

>At least your dad won't have enough power to mow down the ENTIRE crowd.
Nigga he ain't a shit driver. He's just always had trucks or SUVs and shit so he wanted something fun. He's happy with it and that's what really matters.

it is biturbo

> mustang
> v6

I feel extremely sorry for your cuck dad.

If it doesn't have the V8, it's not the top trim. It just means it's a V6 with a whole buncha shit.

base model with fully sick mawds

This isn't true at all. All you need is a hitch with wiring connections, and maybe a trailer brake controller somewhere in the cab.

Maybe you'll add $10K if you're going for a diesel, but you don't really need a diesel to tow. Sure they're better for fuel economy and will handle better, but I've known many a farmer out here in the Midwest that was able to manage with the 6.0 Vortec or V10 Triton. I don't know about RAM's Hemi because no one that actually uses their truck for truck things buys a Hemi out here.

Depends, but generally I rather have an older, nicer car than a cheaper new car

>I've known many a farmer out here in the Midwest that was able to manage with the 6.0 Vortec or V10 Triton
M8 70 years ago farmers were using flatheads. Those farmers you knew weren't just barely managing with V10s

m8 i got a 15 gt premium with 8k on it for 29 your dad is a scrub

Can I not have a 6 year old vehicle with a medium trim?

I will be the odd one out.

Base model old car.

I buy the base model 8 year old car

fuck the OP

>2005 Nissan Titan
>Base Model
>160,000 miles and zero problems because manual locks and windows
>only downside is open diff

Depends how old. I'll take the fully loaded 80s car where "fully loaded" means A/C. But if we're talking fully loaded 2013 model vs base 2016 model, I'll take the base 2016. I don't want touch screens, bluetooth, backup cameras, or whatever other twat-dazzling technogadgets in my car.

For my fun car?
Used.

For my commuter?
New.

I got a new 2016 elantra for 14k in seattle. Saves on gas, handling is more precise than just about anything I've driven that isn't a sports car, and the interior is the nicest I've ever had.

100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty is hard to beat. I've got time to wrench on my project car, but I don't want to have to mess around with my daily.

old base model

then i can get the features i want for cheap from a scrapyard

I wish I had the article. A BMW engineer admitted that the newer generation doesn't match the E39 in terms of driving characteristics, and that newer cars in general aren't made for driving anymore, they're luxury boxes that can pull nice lap times to with the assistance of computers. Older cars are more enjoyable to drive.

Hell, not just older, but cheaper. I've spent a good deal of time in a friend's Viper, it's a piece of shit, the suspension is crap, doesn't turn very well, it's just a piece of Detroit scrap with a big engine. I'd even say something similar about Ferraris, they're "cool" and fast, but you can't really push them to the limit and when you do, it's not fun to drive anymore.

i drive an almost base model civic

power windows, power locks, a/c, aux input, that's about as much as i need

my last car was a mazdaspeed6, and i seldom miss it

sometimes less is more

I like base model with the biggest engine option.
Then I can skip all the start button, touchscreen, lane departure warning, self parking bullshit. Then if possible pick some options i want like better lights, brakes and maybe premium audio. Stuff like that

Buying used is for cucks who dont mind going into debt fixing problems.

Buying new is for smart people who don't even have to pay for basic maintenance if they're smart.

a pickup with an open fucking diff? jesus fuck, whats the point?