ITT: you can only argue if you prefer forced induction, none of that N/A shit

ITT: you can only argue if you prefer forced induction, none of that N/A shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eA5kj1lSMBo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>centrifugal supercharger

/thread

Supercharger, because it performs more like N/A, which I prefer.

no

>meet a guy last week
>he tarbo'd a volvo 2liter 4banga until it made 500hp
Ok, it only made 500hp for about ten kilometers until the car was standing still with the block wide aflame in the center crossing of the village he lives in but hey, what counts counts.

>no nitrous
>still has those faggy an fittings and hoses for fuel
jej

>I can't afford it so it's shit

I guess he thought that all 2l 4bangers are the same

>the worst of both worlds

turbos are the only thing worth it tbqh

>never experienced it

They're good for street applications.

best version forced induction nos and methane

Supercharger for American V8s and turbo for anything else

No, he basically learned from it. You can do it but you need to get better connecting rods first.

If u don't have just a 4 barrel carb you're a faggot

friendly reminder

>performs like n/a

yeah it makes no power

Turbo is superior to stupidcharger
anyone who says otherwise is delusional

> but muh low end!
A properly sized turbo will always make more low end torque and horsepower than a supercharger

> but muh throttle response
learn to drive

> 50hp
lol

the best set up is:

1 large exhaust powered turbo for higher rpm
1 electric powered turbo for low rpm

>turbo lag.

carbs are for faggots tho

Nope your a fag

I like the sound supercharger makes more than turbo.

non existant at similar boost levels and with properly sized turbo
see

found the tryhard who doesn't really like cars

this is my favorite thread

bench racing is also my favorite racing

Learn to drive

>unironically liking outdated tech

no reason to use carbs in 2016

best form of forced induction reporting in

A turbo is inherently better and always will be.

Superchargers increase the Brake specific fuel consumption and your engine will always work harder to make power, some SC's take upwards of 100-150hp to run (muscle car roots).

The super charger will always a have a range it works best because its directly tied to the crank where as a turbo can be regulated with its waste gate.

>unironically le current year posting

>he doesn't know how to tune a carb

I used to say that too, until I got into bigger v8 engines. The engine makes enough power down low NA that I don't need the crazy bottom end of a twin screw, so I like how a centri predictably ramps into full boost. Also don't like the slow response of a turbo setup. Yeah, I get it - properly sized modern turbo has minimal lag - I have a factory twin scroll turbo vehicle, but it is still disconnected from the throttle.

Sure, if I was after 1/2 mile racing or something, the max hp of a turbo would be best, but I onky street drive it.

Im serious

its a waste when you can just hook a car to a pc and tune everything

yeah I'm sure you do that all the time

>No reason to use carbs in 2016
You have never worked on commercial vehicles then, carbs are in like 80% of industrial vehicles

nah

its not a shitty carb

do it right one time and youre set maybe change a few settings from inside the car while Im driving

Far less often than fiddling with idle mixture screws, that's for sure

I prefer turbo. It's more magical.

Uh considering that in 2016 you can now get turbos with next to no lag and make ridiculous power and torque, superchargers are almost obselete as far as performance comparisons go..

Only times superchargers are more suitable are for ease of installation when installing forced induction on a factory NA motor or for offroad applications where low end torque is the only requirement.

15-20 years ago this argument was actually valid but in 2016 turbos are the better performing way of forced induction. Case closed. Don't even try and argue that they're not. Not being biast or anything just stating facts. Superchargers are outdated technology.

never done it though have you? :^)

>biast
sorry you had to type all that for nothing

I am sorry you typed of all that just to have myself discard it.*

> pleb

you make sence, a properly sized turbo on a big v8 will not even have lag, liek you said the v8 has low end power, then you say the cetrifugal supercharger predictably ramps up in to full boost, what the fuck do you think a properly sized turbo does?

i meant no sense*

yeah what does he know he's only driven them

I dont think you understand what I'm saying.

Also you imply I haven't.

you don't know what he was saying and you type like a nocar retard

Electric>Subercharged>Natural aspiration>turdbo>bus

He said he likes V8s cause they have power down low which supersedes the requirement of a roots blower which provides power down low, he instead likes the "predictable" boost a centrifugal supercharger gives him in the top end.

Then he says some stupid shit about the turbo feeling disconnected from his throttle.

A factory twin scroll will provide boost instantly without needing the engine to put to much effort in to it especially if your running it off of a v8. Like seriously my 20 year old supra with a 2.5 liter engine made boost at 2400 rpms instantly with me even knowing it and it maintained it up til redline, and this is a for a 20 year old engine.

"dont like the slow response of a turbo"

I'd like to see a turbo give a slow response if its only job is to provide power in the top end for a v8.

I've seen the type of cars people on Veeky Forums have, I bet you drive some trashy miata or something like that.

Also no shit a factory turbo set up feels disconnected, factory shit is garbage.

confirmed for no car
fuck off kid

lmao

> damn he got me, ill...ill..ill just call him a no car kid again.

Is it an American muscle car made between the 1960's and 1970's?
>supercharger

Anything else is turbocharger

Anyone seen the new Variable ratio superchargers? Procharger if i remember right.

Electronic controlled transmission instead of traditional single pulley setup, theyre getting more power from less boost and better mpg(then traditional superchargers). Theyre looking real neat, Personaly I like both super and turbo but they each have places where they shine. I wouldn't want to turbo my autocross car, but im open to supercharging it. I wouldn't want to supercharge my track car but turbo would be great. its all about the usable power curve and what your gonna be doing with it

>one large turbo for the high end torques
>one small turbo for the low end torques
>one electrically driven turbo for no lag
This is the goat setup. Prove me wrong.

>one electromechanically driven turbo for everything
>save on two thirds of the extra tubing for the same gainz
Step it up nig

It's not like an electric turbo will give you that much power/torques alone.
It just works as an anti-lag system.

Have fucking fun tuning that monstrosity.

>electromechanically driven turbo
lrn2reed

They did it.

Yeah but it was designed that way. Trying to do this aftermarket is a nightmare.

Yeah I actually don't get why niggas need to put that godawful rainbow bullshit all over their car like some kind of retard ricer.

Sure, but no one mentioned (only) aftermarket.

You don't pull engines often do ya.

Seems weird to mention a system that has to be factory designed and could all be replaced with a vgt and a wot box.

I actually have nitrous, he's trying to simulate the look of someone who has nitrous

Actually a lot of people run an fittings just for convenience sake.

cuck megadetected

>small nitrous shot for no lag
>bigger nitrous shot for low end torque
>big turbo for power

there

>being this retarded

Fan of the TVS and twin screw blowers.
Instant boost
Great low end
Has good top end.

A turbo or pro charger has better top top end, but low end is the fun part

Ricers started using that from seeing actual race cars use it, not the other way around.

No matter what, a turbo has to compromise.
You can't spool at 1,500rpm and pull to 7,500rpm.

Low end torque is what u want on the street.
A twin screw can out CFM a turbo as well.

see

It's not a bug, it's a feature!
Turbo lag and sudden boost is fucking awesome!

450 Hp kek
Again, turbos still has limits

Yeah, and the limit is far higher than a stupidcharger
Can you slap a supercharger on a vortec 4.8 and make 1000hp for less than 5k? Nope. But you can with two turbos

what

the turbo is making more power anywhere across the rev range with the same boost pressure as a supercharger

none of that matters.
you can get the same power, it just costs you more fuel. doesn't matter if you use 35psi instead of 30psi unless you're a sad cunt benchracer.
you're not gonna get supercharger throttle response with turbos.

A 1000hp LS isn't a street setup.
So a turbo is an easy choice.

A KB 4.0L (4K)blower can support 1,200hp as well
Psi is NOT the same as CFM!
A huge turbo at 10psi is pushing like 3 times the CFM of a small blower.

Fucking new fags

> more power at every rpm doesn't matter
> calling anyone else a bench racer
Top fucking roflmao just kill yourself

>it doesnt matter if you can make more power out of the same boost pressure

it does, you are a retarded supercharger fangirl if you belive otherwise

less boost pressure means lower compression and less stress on the engine, which can be the difference between using pump gas or having to get race gas or e85

>you're not gonna get supercharger throttle response with turbos.
of course not, you gett better response AND more power with a turbo, why would anyone settle for the inferior feels of a supercharger

itt children confuse boost with cfm

>A huge turbo at 10psi is pushing like 3 times the CFM of a small blower.

not my problem superchargers need more boost pressure to compete due to being inferior

If throttle response is so important why do race cars all use turbo chargers

>defending superchargers
Why is this even a thread? If you aren't turbo'd honestly just kill yourself family.

itt supercharger fangirls grasp at straws

the simple fact that a supercharger flows less at similar boost pressure is proof enough they are inferior

>you gett better response AND more power with a turbo

No you don't you fucking casual

Triggered.

Practicality. Race cars don't stop. The rest of us do. But in all honesty a turbo is more fun every time.

see
stay mad
youtube.com/watch?v=eA5kj1lSMBo

do they have boost tax where you live?

because Veeky Forums is retarded. a track car or a le epin togay car is never below boost threshold ever.

they confuse boost with cfm and they confuse threshold with lag
they are manchildren

>biast

you are an idiot

they have cuck tax here

which means you are not allowed to use superchargers due to being inherently inferior to turbos

if you want to be a cuck and get a supercharger, you have to pay taxes, but real alpha males with turbos get a free pass

>Implying
Jesus, you guys don't own a turbo or blower.
Fucking bench racers

>gets blown the fuck out
>u-u r n idiot!!

supercharger fangirls on suicide watch

>rock solid proof turbos make more power at similar boost levels than superchargers and make more power at lower RPMs
>hurr durr benchracing

you are a fagget

>mfw i realise i'm talking about cars to a 12 year old