/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

REMOVE GONDOLA edition

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
pastebin.com/QTzR2dys
pastebin.com/yfTBRhid
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
pastebin.com/wPU6Erhb
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35&nowin10
mega.nz/#!59dzxbpZ!SgjPaGI-BIliJuhfdpbLl2rU8BG5KY1hVqxhkUHrhcE
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
moddb.com/mods/autumn-aurora-compilation-mod/features/autumn-aurora-2-faq
youtube.com/watch?v=XHWKexK7B_8
pastebin.com/LsF5HhS1
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
pastebin.com/QTzR2dys
>Joint Pak 2
pastebin.com/yfTBRhid

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous thread:

First for Gondola

cyka

Is there a way to modify the availability of upgrades in a weapon upgrade tree in CoP?

I want to full on add/remove certain upgrades from some weapons, not just edit variables of the upgrades. Does this kind of change go beyond just tweaking lines in some .ltx files?

Fourth for Gondola

I finally finished a vanilla playthrough of SoC.
What should I do for Clear Sky? Every time I tried to play it before I ended up encountering a buggy wall and gave up.

I like how it freezes for a second, just to give you an extra moment for you to realize just how inevitably fucked you are.

It freezes while deleting the saves.

Download SRP. If you think the guns are a little lackluster, download Arsenal Overhaul too. Those two made my playthrough of Clear Sky so much more fun than when I played it vanilla.

>Buggy Wall
I must be the only motherfucker to have encountered a bug in CS all of once. Everything ran smoothly excrpt for when you have to take over the tiny factory near the end of the "tutorial", when you have to to wait for backup to capture it.

>ZoA
>Starting out, full hobo mode
>Military gets into a fight with Rookie Camp for no raisin
>Help out, combat is way more brutal and unforgiving than expected
>Holy shit what are these medkits
>Why is this magazine system so rough

But then all of a sudden at some point with either some distance reached towards/away from the Military checkpoint, or a specific number of Soldiers killed:

A Hind D, probably ripped from the games end-run, shows up and fucks me over.

Any way to prevent it from coming in?

Ah, it's Ironman mode then? I don't think I'll ever have the balls to try that.

Take cover, wait out the bloodshed and then sneak away?

Yeah, I also had only minor problems with CS vanilla. Other people here simply need to git gud.

Because of the AI it mostly devolves into a stalemate where the Loners hugg the fence with ghost guns poking out and the Soldiers doing much the same on the opposite defilade.

That and like before, getting "too" involved summons the Fuckcopter.

I used the sleeping bag, but that never does anything.

I tried Survival mode once. You spawn in a vent underground. But every time I go up the stairs passed the code locked door and into the elevator. The game crashes. Any idea why? N

ext time it does that, I'll post the crash report.

Sneak around them, head shot, run away. Repeat.

wich version ?
I just started a survival game on 1.4 with random location and started in Skadovsk just fine.

it should retreat after a minute or two, check yo gamedata\config\scripts\esc\esc_blockpost_heli.ltx

I'm glad you asked before you even tried anything at all, no those are locked on engine level.

>tfw Preacher selling the Gauss Rifle.

It only makes sense.

CoC's background suggests its after Shoc, but before CoP? Since Preachers alive and not, yknow, dead on a roof thanks to Major Deggy.

No, CoC is technically after CoP. I'd recommend you don't think too much into it, though. Story isn't exactly the strong suit of CoC, largely because it's not exactly a story mod.

Let's just say it takes place in an alternate reality bubble where Operation Fairway actually didn't go to utter shit and force a USS Agent to crap all over the zone.

Escape From gunslinger when

When you man up and turn off the Brain Scorcher with only the prototype helmet.

what the fuck were pseudogiants before they got mutated

Only God knows. It has some human parts but that's all we know.
They are often seen around labs, however. We can probably assume from that, that there were one of the many failed experiments to break out of those labs. We can also assume that they're literal frankenstein monsters, with its body being composed of mutant/human parts gathered from here and there and blanda'd up together into that form.

Holy shit, that thing gave me a ton of trouble when i played.
IIRC, the heli usually shows up when you kill a certain number of soldiers. In order to survive it, i had to kill one in view of Sid's bunker, and run my ass off to safety. After that, i can't remember if i tried shooting it or if it just fucked off.

CoC repo describes ancient/older/old updates. I'm running one from before ancient. Do I apply the 'old' patch, or apply them in chronological order? Do I use the CoCdater 1.1 that shipped with the version I have?

Might as well just dump the whole thing and redownload latest.

Okay, is that the version listed on the repo with a setup and a bunch of .bin files or should I grab it directly from the man himself?

It's almost as if there's a line right above the repos telling you not to use them if you can possibly avoid it.

get it from moddb.
1.3.2 is the latest but there's a 1.4 beta patch.

But it emits an impressive amount of radiation just being near it. Maybe it was some attempt at a frankencreature, but the second disaster just made it ever worse, just like how Snorks are the remainders of mutated humans who were present for it.

Huh. You think Snorks reproduce?

So, I've played through SoC, CoP, and now CoC on master difficulty. Skipped CS since people said it was lame.

Am I ready for Misery?

>Skipped CS since people said it was lame.
>playing Misery
Oh the fucking irony.

>Skipped a core game. While somewhat buggy, is still integral to understanding stuff
>Playing a bloatware version of CoP

I hope you don't mind dying of tetanus 10 minutes after you step on a rusty nail, stalker.
It does a lot of cool things, but those are tertiary features you could get out of other mods, without literally embodying the miserable nature of it.

Give it a shot, but don't hesitate to tweak shit to your liking, I always need to do that (especially with Misery). Use TAZ to make the guns decent.

bump

I'd first play CS

Anyone else use itemsoup to do barter-only runs? I.e: you can't sell any loot without taking an approximate equal in trade?

ehhhhh using CoC 1.4 patch here with stcop
no crashing issues or anything looking funky in the log.

is the text in the pic i'm posting normal or did i fuck it up somehow?

i think those are just portriat id's in an ltx file

>hardcore aim
Shit eater.

the fuck are you even saying???

Fuck you shit bag.

>is the text in the pic i'm posting normal
I think so yes.

Ec - oбхc

how drunk are you exactly?

and thanks

Is Shadow of Chernobyl supposed to have directX along with it?
I keep trying to install Autumn Aurora 2 and my crash logs are saying I need to install the latest version of DirectX

no
you should have direct x installed on your computer, and probably do.

if that is the case you somehow screwed up your install.

Just wonder but does the auto update for CoC actually work?

Im using the repack from the /sg/ sticky, should i look for a gog install?
Heres my log btw
pastebin.com/wPU6Erhb

Nah, it's definitely post-CoP according to the devs. Perhaps Preacher is a title, rather than a specific individual?

how can you not even know if you have direct x installed?

try installing this

microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35&nowin10

It tells me i already have directX
I already know i have directX
Same thing ensues
FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : hD3D9
[error]Function : CHW::CreateD3D
[error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\HW.cpp
[error]Line : 80

Can't find 'd3d9.dll'
Please install latest version of DirectX before running this program

stack trace:

Provided these early game AKMs, SKS, and 74S's can hit their heads, and also if they manage to kill them.

Lot more difficult

windows 10??

Select the non ENB option

Well, I took some of the source code from SGM and made my own LUA based spawner for CoC, only compatible with 1.3.20 (Ill make a 1.4 Beta patch sometime relatively soon, should probably also do the same with Radios Galore, kek.), since it modifies several frequently updated files. (_g.script and bind_stalker.script) It's also only a framework, this is mainly for modders at the moment, until i start removing the shit out of the all.spawn and things of that nature.

-yoface720

Oh, and read the readme, since it's got a whole lot of information that won't fit in here.

mega.nz/#!59dzxbpZ!SgjPaGI-BIliJuhfdpbLl2rU8BG5KY1hVqxhkUHrhcE

why though? coc has a spawner in debug mode.

I have but it i see ENB files in there still Im gonna try deleteing them and seeing if that works.

Is there a way to spawn in weapons/items through the dev console?

Hitting ` just brings it down and it doesn't even seem to accept any key inputs.

Not that kind of debug spawner, it's one you can use to not have to ever mess with the all.spawn when you want to spawn quest items and NPCs and shit of that nature.

so exactly like the debug spawner

can spawn anything without messing the all.spawn.

install this too
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

eccomended in the AA2 FAQ for people having issues with win 10
moddb.com/mods/autumn-aurora-compilation-mod/features/autumn-aurora-2-faq

Tried with ENB bullshit taken out of folders
same error word for word

You are completely missing the point. You have to open the debug spawner to spawn these things, which means for something like spawning quest items, it's kind of useless, but the other option kina sucks considering you have to unpack and repack the all.spawn every time you want to change something, and then start a new game, and then it causes compatibility issues with anything that also modifies the all.spawn With my spawner you just plug it into the script and it spawns it in the position you choose when you enter the map in question for the first time. This takes away a lot of the reasons to use the all.spawn, save for objects governed by logic (Radios, doors, chests, etc.), and core alife entities (Smart Terrains, Smart Covers, etc.) So no, its not exactly like the debug spawner, although I probably should have worded it better.

TL;DR It's to make the all.spawn have less uses, and to cause less of a hassle for people that are making new quests, and be more compatibility friendly for addons that wouldn't normally be compatible.

ahhh i see now. cool i'll check it out

Same Error.

what version of shadow of chernobyl are you running?

1.0006, same version the mod requires

That's spurdo.

Get your menes right.

start over then.

Didn't Pripyat Reborn have something like that? And by extension missouri and CoC?

The custom stashes in missouri were spawned by some script iirc.

What do I do after exploring 100% of CoC? Is there any more to life?

Self challenges, wait for the post-1.4 surge of submods, Misery 2.2 soon™

How do I take over enemy HQs in Warfare? Enemies keep spawning and spawning

You use one of the slower spawn rate configs included in the download. Default speed is an eternal, cartoonish clowncar of meatgrinder reinforcements.

Whoosh

just let it die

I have the opposite problem. Unless I crank it up to silly amounts I can melt through half the map worth of enemies before I see a single friendly squad. And that's after telling them to invade the place and waiting a few minutes.

Whoosh

Shots ring out in the dead of night
Sergeant says TVOYU MAT'
You're in the army now
Woah woah
You're in the army
Now!

Is there a comprehensive guide to understanding how ZoA's magazine loading/unloading system works?

Is it imposible to add a simple right-click drop down context menu on a magazine and unload it?

Is it impossible to add a line in the inventory description of the magazine how many rounds it has?

Playing amk:ae here
I got the same error as the other user in the bread, enb and non enb both bust my ass

Will it affect anything? It's under the optional folder, so I just gave up and left it as is, but will not installing either have a dramatic affect on visuals? I realize this is probably a braindead question, since I presume I'm essentially not installing aa2 by not doing so.

I should have specified "enemy" reinforcements were ridiculous.

I don't recall ally reinforcements being terrible, but enemies would materialize in the open 30~ feet away every 20 seconds like clockwork in the version I used last until you could finally babysit friendlies long enough to officially seize the damn spawn point.

About to start my first run of CoP. Is master still the recommended difficulty?

Yes.

Of course.

Difficulty changes the amount of damage weapons do. So all lower difficulty does is turn you and your enemies into tanks.

Master is true slav. You die fast, but so do your enemies.

aa shaders are already in gamedata by default, the stuff in optional folder just disables saturation and contrast filters

Alright, any essential-ish mods for first playthrough?

youtube.com/watch?v=XHWKexK7B_8

Starter pack.

Graphics and bug-fix stuff.

stalker

Is there an english translation of sgm 2.2 enot edition?

Everything is in slav runes on the repo version and nashathedogs moddb page doesn't have anything either.

pastebin.com/LsF5HhS1

What?