/rsg/ runescape general

/rsg/ - Runescape General
ded (AGAIN) edition

previous thread: →

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. No requirements.)

>Official runescape 2017 survey time
services.runescape.com/m=news/a=579/runescape-2017-survey--now-live?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Update:Game_updates

>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/patch-week--shadow-dragoon-outfit-?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,839,65814455

>Money Making Guide
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Mmg

>Gear Guide (Very outdated)
services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/gear_guide

>Latest BTS
youtube.com/watch?v=n8Bt6-Mei_o

what the fuck is going on? im getting a whopping 30 fps even after a clean install of the client with an r9 390x and 4340 8 core

I was away for 3 weeks and now my fps is shit, what the fuck happened?

nth for dead general

For anyone that's played ZTD

which one of you faggots let the ded die when I went to sleep?

why is our game so ded?

>/rsg/ isn't cancer like /rs07g/
>we actually talk about the game
>every time we die without making a new thread or just in general we loose posters

*lose
fugging grammar

>update to Fedora 24
>can't run NXT anymore
The game just hangs on "Loading application resources" at 0%.

It was barely playable on Fedora 23, too. Maybe it's time to just quit.

holy fuck this general is dead

You're right.
We should start posting more low-level MEMES

>It's a Slayer Tower episode
>tfw

That's because most of the action is happening in the FC

has anyone found a use for waiko yet

even at 99 fishing this is garbage

training thieving is fucking painful

this game sucks

the uncharted isles are "apparently" where the good training spots are, go there.

t. shitter

>getting 5 supplies takes 1000 hours

I still need to get 5 drift wood and I can't even find that. been to 4 small islands already. wasted so much time.

>jagex
>balance
give it time, this is how things always are after a big update

bonds were a great idea

the FC is so cancerous. every two seconds it's a green text or a "tfw ". we get it you browse Veeky Forums

>*tips fedora*

you should of used gentoo mate,instead of redhat/nsa beta testing linux

There's only one right answer

>ded again

how do we get newfag lorefags

>still no fang no matter how many times I keep maging Rax

ban young lunar and they will come

we don't
no one is going 2 care about the lore unless they're already nostalgic for and care about runescape

we have to try

i've literally completed every quest in the game and have never read a single piece of text in any of them. i know the three gods of runescape and that's the extent of my lore knowledge :^)

nice bait but you made it too obvious with the ebin shitposting face

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

nah not kidding. i completed every quest when there was like 40 of them and just kept doing them as they came out. i fucking hate quests but don't want to be limited in game so i just did them and used a guide

I'm not sure if this makes you better or worse than maxfags without quest capes.
also, are Veeky Forums's servers shitting themselves for anyone else?

are you serious when you say you only know three gods
even spacebar spammers are usually aware of zaros

How fast is training hunter with crystallize at grenwalls with med tasks done?
Wiki says 400k xp/hr, surely that's a mistake?

oh ya him, zamorak, saradomin, and guthix

>people caring about rs lore

>imply it was not dead ever since people saw saradomin in person

>are Veeky Forums's servers shitting themselves for anyone else
Yes, I keep getting connection failed errors and the temporarily offline page.

>lore discussion
I've also been caught up on quests for a long time. I always read dialogue/text, but it's been years since I've done most quests, so I barely remember any lore.

While I'm glad that they took steps in order to advance the main story and plot by introducing the gods and wrapping up many of the (until recently) unfinished story lines I can't help but think that it actually wasn't too bad back in the older days when many quest series were near the end but weren't quite finished yet. A lot of them left open a whole lot of room for speculation and shit before MUH GODS MUH SLISKE MUH ZAROS

it's crazy good xp. I think it's around 800k with no boosts except the hunter boosting familiar.

once you've got it optimised theres a lot of downtime between xp drops, so you should bring stacks of something to get more xp (like fletching with shafts/arrowheads)

>A lot of them left open a whole lot of room for speculation and shit before MUH GODS MUH SLISKE MUH ZAROS
There haven't been that many quests that focus on them yet, but they've been so loredumpy that they've taken some of the mystery out of it.
Mostly because there haven't been that many quests period, and the playerbase keeps voting for "muh gods" ones

But thanks to recent events, there's now tons we don't know.
>true nature of the elder gods; they're "sleeping" in the elder halls, but does that mean gielenor's elder halls are massive, encompassing every location where the measure pinged
>the sixth elder god; it's got no form, and other than that we know nothing, it could even be xau-tak, for example
>xau-tak; other than basically being a lovecraftian horror, we know nothing. he has, however, been in the pipeline since 2005
>sliske wants to steal the WG's soul for some reason; something to do with stealing guthix's protection over you to do something with xau-tak
>sliske's "new" master/ally; what his true motives are, what he wants, we know he isn't xau, but that's it
>all the new gods that V_____'s comeback and subsequent death revealed; there's a lot of them
And probably stuff I've forgotten.

thanks m8.

Drygores or ass bow + glaive oh for spider? I can buy the drygores now but I need another 20mil for the mainhand bow.

I think you're supposed to either go ranged or use a scythe, drygores are a no-go.
t. never done spoder because pussy

Drygores are fine

I've seen people do spider with drygores. I already know how to do it so learning it with range isn't necessary.

Best method for downtime between xp drops is to just check another trap and reset it.

at 82 I have a lot of downtime. Usually I catch one extra grenwall between the first and third xp drop but I can't afford to check the trap or I might have nothing to crystalise. definitely never have three at once. it might get better at higher levels but right now there's nothing to do but rebuild traps and fletch

ded

we need to waifufag harder in this general if we're to have any chance of surviving.

I want to rape those sluts after beating them in battle

I want to be raped by both of those sluts after being beat in a fight

>almost at level 50 dungeoneering
>still haven't completed past sixth floor
how the fuck did i let this happen

>page 10
>again
someone start shitposting or theorycrafting about something

I'd rather be raped by Gregorovic :)

How long does one Antipoison++ flask last in spider? I seem to run out in the 3rd phase. Maybe I'm just killing slowly but it takes me 10-15mins wen doing melee.

that makes ya'll gay

Why is the Armadyl ranged set so expensive in comparison to the other god sets?

No one does Zilyana.
Bandos is easy so everyone farms him so Bandos armor is cheap.
Kril is done with slayer tasks so Subj armor is cheap.

Precise 5

armadyl gwd is shit

What's wrong with his hair?

I love it because it's 100% afk. I was watching Netflix on my other monitor for all of these kills. Once, I went to go take a piss, came back, and I was full health and halfway through the next kill.

What's your set up? I want to try it.
And how important is the yak?

Death lotus and Nox bow. I've heard ascensions are better, though. I stand in the farthest corner from the door, near the altar, and pray SS and anguish. Inventory is a few overloads and the rest, prayer flasks. You don't need food. If you get unlucky and get hit by melee a lot, they usually drop enough food items to heal with.

Yak is definitely useful, but probably not vital. It's great for banking various stuff, but alching takes care of most of it. You should still be able to stay for a considerable amount of time with a lesser BoB.

Don't have death lotus and the bow.

You'll have to experiment, then. Do you at least have ss and/or anguish? I'm usually at full health throughout the kills, so you might be able to get away with lower tier equipment.

Yeah, and overloads too. Best armor I have is t70 and the glaives.

Of the various unlockable abilities, which ones are the most important to unlock first?

corruption shot and blast.

I picked Onslaught first. Makes Fight Kiln so much easier.
But the Corruption skills are better.

Alri lads

Should I

A) Spend 5k chimes on recoloured weeb tetsu outfit
B) Save up another 20k chimes for weeb dragon pet?

Outfit, though original tetsu looks better in my opinion.

Use that 5k chimes to make the spear

stop letting the threads die dumpass

Take a wild guess

Haven't really trained herblore in years, should I be buying the unfinished potions then adding the secondary ingredient or should I be buying the herbs then combining myself?

If you've got the scroll of cleansing, which you really should, you should be buying the herbs and and vials of water, then combining them with the secondary ingredient.

This is boring. If you like doing boring shit, then do this.
Save a lot of money though.

I definitely don't have that. I've got 39k dungoneering tokens and never bought anything with them before. I'm 66 herblore and training it to 75 for Prifddinas. Worth buying?

As your first purchase, no. Get the Imp then Bonecrusher first.

Isn't the whole point of training herblore to do it in the manner which saves you the most money in the long run, which is why the "make 2.5k extremes of each type, then make them all into overloads" method is a thing?
Plus it doesn't really take THAT much longer.

Long term, yes. It'll save you a fuckload, especially if later on you want to go for super antis or overloads.
These are the things you want to get from dung/save up the tokens for
>charming imp
>bonecrusher
>scroll of cleansing
>demon horn necklace
>optionally herbicide and zealots and maybe that one scroll for farming

Well I don't need the imp or bonecrusher immediately while I'd like to get my herblore moving so I think I'll get the scroll, thanks.

It doubles your time. I remember mixing my own unf during 2x and it took me 4 fucking hours. Then another 4 hours to make the damn potions. I don't think it's worth it considering you can make more money in those 4 hours by doing other shit instead of trying to save pocket change by mixing your own.

>during 2x
You want to prepare all that stuff BEFORE bonus xp starts, not during it.
Also unf pots are a lot more susceptible to jew magic, and might not always buy easily.

Couldn't make unf because I didn't have the levels for it.

30 posts in 24 hours talk about DEAD GAME GENERAL

if you want to efficencyscape I would suggest looking up the herblore potion GP/XP calc and just doing the cheapest one. You can use the portables FC to find a well that gives bonus XP

Can some runegame pro make a Runescape version of this?

>100% afk
>what setup?
>death lotus and nox bow
>mfw

I've seen someone do it with t70 armor but they were using auras.

find me a template and i'll do it

I still can't decide between Nex or GWD2 armor.

GWD2 for no degrade costs and better for invention.

But what about the health and prayer bonuses?

Refined gwd2 armor is better than nex.
Non refined; they are both the same, GWD2 has no life point or prayer bonuses, which have minimal impact on anything anyways.
Refined is also much better for invention; it uses an internal battery, independent of your charge pack, and when it runs out, and then hits level 10 must be disassembled, which turns it back into non-refined.
However, it must be charged beforehand.

I should add that you should still use the gloves and boots from nex armor, GWD2 has none.