/agdg/ - Amateur Game Development General

How's the space game coming along, I hope you're almost finished, Edition

> Current Game Jam (Space) (ONE DAY REMAINING)
itch.io/jam/agdg-space-jam

> Next Demo Day (Ten)
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-10

Helpful Links: tools.aggydaggy.com/# (Still in beta)
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg/
SoundCloud:soundcloud.com/groups/agdg-audiofriends

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/X6fLvtzA

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/hVhvNWLw

> Engines
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org/
Haxe: haxeflixel.com/
LÖVE: love2d.org/
UE4: unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
Unity: unity3d.com/

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org/
blender-models.com/
mayang.com/textures/

> Free audio
machinimasound.com/
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U5XRoRaK-BU?t=2h46m15s
clyp.it/adagrynp
youtube.com/watch?v=yTwYwoENH9A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But you can just link back?

First for I just got here

Mocking up menus today.

If you don't have progress, get out.

Does it have to be video game progress?

Only normies make progress

When did rotate get a part in a game?

>free audio
>no link to AGDG musicbro soundcloud

>RNG 07
get that down to 01

Still a lot of placeholder art but I've got a working demo of my game. It's a 1-4 player twin-stick game where you compete for points - the bigger the enemy, the more points you get. You can time it to blow them up at the right moment for more points, or concentrate on blasting your opponents to reduce theirs.

What I need to do next is introduce a broader enemy variety with projectile attacks - ideally the larger you make the enemy, the larger/stronger their attack patterns get as well.

Probably because that stuff isn't for free as has been brought up quite a few times by musicbros when it is mentioned.

Hey googem, namefaggotry is bad but I enjoyed episode 1 of your yesdev series

D&D is significantly more cumbersome and uses much manpower to create than code
code is harder to understand for beginners though

Are you illiterate?
>SoundCloud:[SoundCloud] SoundCloud group AGDG Audiofriends (embed)

Luck forever baby.
But it stands for range. Thought of putting NRG to stand for energy instead of ENE.

So I used the path_end event as suggested, but I'm having the same problem. So I'm thinking that the instance is never truly reaching the end of the path, even though it's clearly stopped. Anyone have this problem before?

Also you set a speed when you start the path, but is this the same built in speed? I'm asking because I figured that I could check that it didn't reach the end of the path but the speed is 0 I could work around it, but the speed is 0 the entire time it's on the path, even though I set it to 1.5 with path_start.

Does anyone have any legitimate advice, please?

it's shit, stop reposting it

i can do better in 2 years

doesnt feel bad to me, allowed the opportunity for me to get a compliment from you

>Luck forever baby.
im actually fine with a luck stat.... as long as luck isnt based on randomness.

can you do better

Sorry sorry, meant the "path end" event, not path_end which is completely different. My bad, dumb mistake.

#uncutpride

If luck isn't based on randomness then how the fuck would you use it? Seriously explain without using random

Have to fix some issues with rigging. Mostly related to the bottom of the tunic clipping with the legs when they are raised. Adding bones just for the skirt appear to be my only option, no matter what my weight painting is, the influence doesn't appear to be enough.

Need to also sketch out hair.

shut up! i like her.

get item drop -> goodness of item in item drop is 100% based on luck stat

>the influence doesn't appear to be enough

make sure the back of the legs isnt pulling down the skirt

Reminder that if THIS isn't your exact game you are L I T E R A L L Y incapable of any game dev whatsoever and you should just murder your whole family to erase your line

Where is that youtube of TotalBiscuit and Dodger shitting on Googem's game again?

Nice

So, RNG

That involves randomness.

Scripted game events. In a game like Fallout events can go one way or another depending on your luck stat.

Quite wide

Episode 80-something with the guest having SC2 in his name. 2 hours 46 minutes 50 seconds in or something like that. Sorry, don't have the link atm or remember exactly which episode.

>It's a Googum reiterates his king status on Mt. Stupid post

>L I T E R A L L Y
How's that garry's mod map going? We getting another meltdown from you tonight kiddo? Can't wait :)

You'd still have a random item in that luck tier appear. Plus what about getting an actual rare Drop, youd surely have to have rng for that as well

stop

youtu.be/U5XRoRaK-BU?t=2h46m15s

Attacking animation for my red archery girl.

Probably about halfway done, as the complex bit is finished.

Still need a return to idle, probably like 2 or 3 more frames, then the boots, skirt, quiver and head.

there is no randomness, see "100%", 100% is not random

or say if it's part of battle....
>will this attack kill you? yes ->
>some math on the attack damage to create a threshold->
>compare threshold against luck stat ->
>if luck is higher the attack misses
no reason luck needs to be random, it's just a concept

DELETE THIS

Lazy

>only the arms move
fuck thats awful.

Lets see your animation

How about luck based frequency
30 luck means 1 item every X kills
60 luck means 1 item ever x/2 kills

Tried adding some borders to the bars but they looked like shit, added bloom and a noise shader instead and i think it looks a bit better now.

Watch out for the edges.

>i can't fucking read that it isn't finished.

He'd be cute if he wore a better fitting shirt and shaved the Hitler-stache.

I'm not sure about the bloom. Makes the text blurry and harder to read. If you insist on it, I'd suggest toning it down.

so is depression stat being full green good or bad

that works too, theres plenty of ways to use luck as a concept without ever touching an RNG

if you have no rng in your game you are objectively stupid

Had the same feeling but didn't know if it was just me being tired. I'd still like it for the bars but not so much for the text, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks

Good, I had it read happiness before, but it was too retarded and didn't reflect the actual meaning of the stat, so I changed numbers for colored bars, and now green is good, red is bad.

I fucking hate the term RNG.

In terms of games being replayable, you usually want smoe element of randomness, but theres plenty of games that are successful and are totally scripted.

>look at other shmup games to steal ideas from
>they're all generic and boring looking

just

i like it, it looks like one of those fake games you'd see on a TV show like CSI

>He'd be cute if he wore a better fitting shirt and shaved the Hitler-stache.
that image is from 2007

Add boobs to your shmup
Guaranteed to work since all the shmups are lolis or ships

How difficult would it be to allow a two separate players control separate parts of an entity, such as one player controlling one leg another controlling the other leg, in 3d space?

post a recent pic

name good games without rng

Lewder

You called it. Thanks. There was some random bone with influence on the shirt. Still got further weight painting and some possible topology changes to make though.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Various puzzle games. Pretty sure Professor Layton is completely scripted.

That's less lewd

>visible armpit
>less lewd

im not really the type of person to be in front of a camera often, most recent picture of myself i have is from 2013.

>looking like a kid diddler
>wanting to be on the news making a game about killing kids
>pic of him looking like a kid diddler will follow him forever
Life decisions

>impossibly skintight bodysuit
>less lewd

>control two ships at once that get power from enemies, move them together when powered up to fuse into a super ship
>press the attack button to warp your ship across the screen and through everything; during this phase you control where the ship will land (since its movement is automated), to make sure it doesn't end up clipping into a wall or obstacle
>twin-stick control scheme, control your ship with one stick, place bombs on the screenwith the other stick; your lives stock is your bomb stock and the game is score-chasing
>your 'ship' is a super robot with robot arms that punch across the screen and retract back; the longer you hold the attack, the greater the attack power; the more enemies you clear with one punch, the more energy you get back; energy drains automatically but can be restored through cooling fans at periodic intervals
>You have a half-dozen ships on screen that are automated and you assign them powerups/directions like in Lemmings or Chu Chu Rocket

Bunch of ideas to work with

jfc this is even worse

Weirdo, armpits aren't lewd

>Get a literal hentai artist to do art for your game

Thanks user!.

for an american he looks really really australian

>tfw making noise that doesn't fit my game
clyp.it/adagrynp

You don't look how I imagined. Can you post a more recent. Maybe a webm where you say, "g'day agdg"

The Katamari Damacy of the shmups.

>that face with this voice
youtube.com/watch?v=yTwYwoENH9A

Arrested development. Could have just gotten a job in your life before you turned 30 and things would all be different.

Reposting for still looking for grills willing to voice The lamb.

And is there some place where I could hire a soundguy to fill my game with sounds? I suck at it and sound feels more and more important every second I don't have it.

I know kidnapping is an option for both of those but I have no soundproof place to keep em

>not diddling kiddlings
>2016

i dont even have a camera
pic 1 is a photographer for a new organization
pic 2 is my brothers ipad
also that isnt gamedev, go ask rotate

i look as young as i sound when im clean shaven, that's the power of clean living. dont drink, dont smoke, live forever.

Googum please, identityfagging is cancer
Youre literally posting pictures of yourself, you know what this does to an anonymous community

>tfw making one game and suddenly inspired to make another
Why does this always happen??
Not this time. I'm finishing this shit. My reward will be to work on that other shit.

I messaged you earlier about Foley work. I've worked as an audio engineer at studios, and have my own recording equipment. I've done Foley work for games in the past. Email me, [email protected]

>i look as young as i sound when im clean shaven
A 30 year old "man" should never sound that young to begin with. Classic googem always dodging the point.

it's an old pic thats been used in memes before already so its not a problem

who decided that? i have a natural high-mid vocal range and i havent wrecked my vocal chords with shitty living.

Why does he look like bane

Do people really sit through this whole thing of their own volition?

I cannot grasp what enjoyment people could derive from this that would still be there after 3 whole hours.

In the last thread, I clicked the embed to see what this 'epic dissing on googems rock paper scissors game' was, but the autoplay was like 12 seconds before it, and I couldn't last long enough to find it. I managed to hear it just now because I was delayed closing it by picking up a pen that I had dropped.

Trying to take an unbaised stance here, should I consider what these talking heads say to have merit, and why? If not, is this the kind of thing that realistically could negatively affect your game if you wanted to pursue a greenlight to steam release?

What can you do make this circumstance advantageous to you?

Notice how everything you post is about yourself and not about the topic? Notice how every reply to you is about you and not about the topic? Why the fuck does chinese moot still allow name and tripfagging, god damn.

He's a big guy

He's tiny

....for you

isn't that hopoo?