2016 WRX? or

I'm a Canadian looking to buy a daily driver sporty 4 door car/hatch. From the research I've done, it seems like the base 2016 WRX is the best value for the money.

For comparison:
>2016 Subaru WRX = $30,000
>2016 Subaru WRX STI = $38,000

>2016 Golf GTI 5-door = $34,000
>2016 Golf R = $40,000

>2016 Ford Focus ST = $31,000
>2016 Ford Focus RS = $47,000 (why is this so expensive?)

Any Canadians on Veeky Forums have a recommendation?

The STI has the "cool factor" going for it, but most reviews say that old EJ engine is disappointing and it's a lot more track-oriented than the WRX (rough suspension, higher-end torque). If I was going to spend $40,000 than the Golf R seems like the wiser choice.

you won't be able to get the RS though right? I think you'd have to be on a list to pre order and it would take a while for it to be made and delivered.

that being said I'm actually impressed by the jump of the old WRX hatches to the 15/16 wrxs. Power comes on better, and even though it is a subaru the interior in the new ones is a leap better.

I would actually get a lower model WRX and dump that 8k into mods that don't blow your warranty (exhaust, intake, cobb AP, etc)

the WRX is a great DD, slap some snow tires on in the winter and it will laugh through the snow.

get the WRX the STI is far more track orientated and the WRX is plenty quick stock unless you are a power hog.

shut up and buy a civic for

>FWD fag coming into this conversation and waving the honda flag

leave

Either you want a comfy, efficient DD or you want a sports car. combining them makes them worse at both.

My 16 sti isn't a bad DD at all..

>it can only be one way or the other
oh-kay, i can see the shitbox stockholm syndrome has taken a solid hold on this user.

I got the R

Best of both RS and STI

Get a charger you leaf nigger

>AWD only comes in V6

JUST

>buying a new car
>best value for the money
lol

my comfy awd sedan DD gets 30 mpg and runs mid 12s. what do you have to say about that

and 100% of the orange check engine glow

Only gotten one so far, from low tire pressure.

Also survived the fort mac wildfire and helped me evacuate

Do you think the STI is worth the price premium if you're not going to track it?

The current WRX even has a faster 0-60 time according to Motortrend. I love the STI, but for the price it just seems a lot worse than something like the Golf R.

I've read wrx is 5.2 sti is 4.8

wrx used to be faster to 60 because it was only a 5 speed and sti was 6

I get a raging hard-on at the sound of American V8s just like the next guy. But a friend got a '16 WRX not long ago and it's fucking amazing. Sharp right turns at 60+ are no problem.

FUCK