/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Asslam Edition

Tips:
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Make sure you understand the romance system before you get too far: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

==================================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom.co.jp/palm/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for MK is fun

Just remembered that little dark spots would appear on capes and shit after I installed it if that helps

Thanks for all the input in the last thread, did a bit more dicking around and narrowed it down to these 2, what do you think?

4th for MA is fun

swap Dark Lrocia for Trophy Jacket on the left

Right looks good.

right

as good as trophy is, it's wayyyy overused

Right for sure.

>i wanna look special and unique!
you'll be special looking alright

Right it is then; maybe i'll try harder with the dark lorica later because i like how it looks, but can't quite hit the sexy ranger look i'm going for. For now, it's time to go adventuring. Thanks, /ddg/!

I just wanna see what it looks like, don't have the full set myself

i was about to say "go to the fucking wiki", then i realized there are no good pics of the full set on google images. Here's my pawn wearing just the 3 trophy pieces.

x^D

?
It IS overused

I meant with the Bandings

Trophy set removes the bandings. It's the only armor that does it for females.

You can see them in though

Oh hurr I thought you were talking about the chest bandings.

Fun fact: It takes the same amount of time (give or take a second) to sprint back to asslam from the black cat as it does to ferry back to the inn.

*in post game

Protip: certain parts like dragons' horns and cyclopes' tusks can be broken and looted after their death.

Helpful hint: Want an easy time with the game? Warrior is widely accepted as the most beginner-friendly class.

Suggestion: Having trouble with a quest? Try talking to townspeople for hints!

Guidepost: unsure what to do after killing the dragon? The Chamber of Lament in The Everfall has the easiest boss in the game.

The blue longkilt also has those sandals, though you can barely see them since the skirt is floor length.

>enter chamber of estrangement
>strider pawn immediately shoots down the two floating amulets

Is this what being a parent is like? I've never been more proud of anything.

Shillan. Any feedback would be appreciated

Was looking through the pawn sheet and misclicked, messed up Aisha'a pawn. she was posted earlier today tho, so maybe you're still around, sorry senpai

Nth for assassin is fun.

33rd for assassin is shit

34th for your taste is shit

on the contrary
>enter bloodless stockade
>death spawns
>pawn stands in scythe range throughout the windup
>dies

capcom.co.jp/palm/
have you guys seen this?
C-could it be?
We can dream, right?

It's a smartphone app aimed at teenage girls.

/ddg/, i need some fashion advice for a sorcerer
I'm trying to give him a more regal look to compliment my new sovereign mantle
Any suggestions?

>Project Palm
>not Project Pointer-Index Finger

>google youtube to check if hydra fights really drag on normally
>type in dragon dogma hydra
>it suggests "dragon dogma hydra vore"
i didnt know what i expected

I just love how reminiscent this outfit is of the mages from Ragnarok Online.

Just about anything works.

So You-Xia just reached level 40, and I'd like to get some opinions on her performance as a sorcerer, if any Arisens would be kind enough to take her out for a spin.

THICK DARK PAWNS

What's going on with Deep Down? When is it coming?

I would hire.

I'm kind of surprised people remember this game. There's no new info about it at all.

What weapon does she have?

No bumps lead hence

Pawns holding hands with other pawns!
Pawns going on dates with pawns!
Pawns jumping over treasure chests together like excitable little children getting presents on Christmas!

pawn incest

Grievous Horns. I'm still pre-Wyrm Hunt Quests in this run, so that's the best I can do at the moment, I'm afraid. Her magick stat (with equipment) as of her last rift upload is 500, so her stats at the moment are hardly impressive, unfortunately. I'm more trying to get a feel for how well she's using her spells, whether she's being stupid in any areas I can try to fix, that kind of thing.

Last thing we heard is that they're reworking it from the ground up, which is code for "it might be getting scrapped."

I'm trying to grind to 200 atm through farming Daimon 2.0, I'll take her along and toss her a lv 3 wep

bampu

That doesn't even work.

GOOD LORD THANK YOU

Why are there so few options for "skirt" in Dragon's Dogma?

It's either booty shorts or full armor

>you get your heart taken by the dragon and become an arisen
>if you accept his deal, you turn out like duke edmund and the dragonforged
>if you beat him you win all of the arisen their hearts back
>then you go and fight god who is also an arisen
>if you lose to him you become the next dragon
>if you win you become god
>you then kill yourself

okay, i'm slowly piecing all of this together but i need some help

what is the maker exactly and what is his job? after what amount of time does he have to wait until he can send out a dragon and find a new arisen? if you kill the dragon, who's the next dragon?

duke edmund had his pawn killed? who's death? why is deimos so mad?

The Maker is the boss of the Seneschal/god (ie, you, god)

You're the Senechal/god. Your job is to sit on your throne and oversee the world and create and destroy life in a good manner.

You send out a dragon to find an Arisen when you get tired of doing this. This will probably be after 100 years or so.

Your first new dragon will be one that you made all by yourself. Afterwards, new dragons are failed Arisens.

the Duke killed his pawn for the same reason you do if you choose to sacrifice your love and become duke

Who is Deimos?

The maker is the maker, he makes things then pisses off leaving the world behind. The Senechal is in charge in his absence.

The Senechal creates the Dragon to find the next Arisen, which begins the cycle anew. Since you killed the Dragon and Senechal and becomes the next Senechal, you create the next Dragon.

Pawns cannot be killed, only sent to the rift. We don't know if Duke killed his pawn, or just barred them from the castle.

Go read up on the wiki for who's Death and Daimon.

Try to use the skirts that Jayce sells : Foreign Waistguard, Hinterlands kilt and Extrinsic Waistguard

I'd appreciate it, thanks.

How do searching for lv200 pawns work anyway? I tried searching for lv200 and lv199 but none of the pawns in the spreadsheet show up.

On console you can search by user name but Steam version doesn't let you. The best you can do it narrow the search by class and gender, then keep looking over and over.

There aren't that many male pawns so you might be able to find those easier. If you really want to hire one in particular try a friend request.

I think you become seneschal for way longer than 100 years; IIRC the dragonforged says hes 1000, and savan is "countless lifetimes" old

I love the lore/backstory of this game, it isn't entirely told to you outright, but it's complete and you don't need a fucking excavation team and you don't need to head cannonize everything to make the pieces fit together like soulsborne. Don't get me wrong, that's cool too, but in a different sort of lorey way.

So I entered the penultimate area in BBI on my way to Daimon Mk.II. A Wyvern flew towards me then Noped into the ceiling. I then encountered some Living Armor and at the exact same time the BBI Dragon encounter music started. Now I am trying to fight the living armors on the stairs while there is an infinite chain of spells being cast at me from basically nowhere and the Living Armor is never not facing me.

I shouldn't have laughed when the ThunderWyvern noped into the cieling.

Pawn Olra's jewnose!

I'd appreciate it, thanks.

The exact nature of the maker is never really made clear. Some people theorize that the Seneschal--Savan[/spoiler] in your first run (followed by your Arisen)--is the maker, but the name and nature of the Seneschal's task sort of suggest that he may only be a ward. Either way, presumably the maker is some manner of god in a monotheistic pantheon. What his role is beyond what is generally assumed about such gods is never really made clear, though it's fairly certain that the people of the faith, at least, believe he's the creator of the world.

The Seneschal's role seems to be one of preservation. All worlds are trapped in a cycle, and the Seneschal's job is to make sure that his world, at least, remains in that cycle in order to keep it from falling apart--as we begin to see happen once the dragon is slain. It's heavily implied that the world is to some extent a product of either the Seneschal's or the Maker's will (assuming they're separate entities), and that the will of the Seneschal is required to maintain it. This process is draining, at the very least emotionally, due perhaps to the nature of the cycle or the nature of how the world interacts with the will of the Seneschal, so replacements are necessary. This is in itself part of the cycle, and so the Seneschal uses dragons to seek out candidates to replace him.

Thanks for the spoilers

>death doesn't have a 100% spawn rate in bloodless stockade post-daimon
well shit, there goes my hp bar farming plans

It turned out there was another wyvern on the other side of the fucking map spamming spells at me.

all this makes the Death/Daimon fights twice as chilling and serious when you think about it

I would if I were level 200 ...

Well shit, I forgot to close one of my spoiler tags.

Anyway, as for the time he must wait, this is entirely unclear. All we're told is that countless lifetimes have come to pass between Savan's encounter with his dragon, and your Arisen's adventure. It's sort of implied if you complete an NG+ in offline mode that the Seneschal can send a new dragon out nearly immediately, but this is based very tenuously on the idea that your pawn who has become human is the same Arisen who will come to defeat you, for which there's no real evidence--in fact, in many ways it doesn't really make sense. The nods in NG+ may simply be there to reinforce the idea of the cycle.

There is no evidence to suggest where the new dragon comes from. It's possible there are multiple concurrent dragons--one of the merchants in Gran Soren's markets who comes from the mainland says "the dragon" attacked near where he lived at the time. It's quite possible this was some other dragonkin, but judging by his age--he doesn't look any older than 40 tops--this must have been after the Duke's encounter with Grigori. Since Grigori, when he explains the cycle somewhat, speaks as though the Duke were the last Arisen, it seems likely that if the dragon the merchant speaks of was a true dragon, then there could be more than one. As to whether there's a system to replenish the ranks of dragons is unclear.

What happened to Edmun's pawn is also never made clear. Whatever happened to him during his trip to the dragon, and during his decision, he clearly came to hate pawns for some reason--there's really no other reason for him to have barred all of them from the castle. It's unlikely that he found some way to permanently kill his pawn, though some have theorized that Lenore WAS his pawn.

i'll teach you a trick

>go to garden(aka very first BB area)
>kill all enemies
>leave through lower door and re enter
>go to the big open garden area
>save
>godsbane
>drop rancid bait meat
>guaranteed death spawn
>beat his ass
>leave through lower door and repeat when he pussies out

Is this Julien/Barnaby yaoi?

I think I'll just go back to Strider. Magick Archer is just too weird for me.

As you accept missions from the notice board on Bitterblack Isle, you'll find some of them were written by a previous arisen who traveled through the isle before your arisen arrived. Reading the descriptions for these quests will gradually explain Death's identity.

Daimon's identity and motivations will likewise be explored as you travel through Bitterblack, though suffice to say the reason for his anger is that a choice he was forced to make came at a great personal cost no matter the outcome.

I would if I can find your pawny ass. Why can't we search by name ;_;

No, that's not Julien. It's just Arisen/Barnaby yaoi featuring festival pie for some reason.

I know it goes with anything, but i asked for something that looks regal

Your successor in NG+ is a combat expert and probably have slaughtered Daimon on that beach in Cassardis. Is this significant or just an artifact of the NG+ gameplay mechanic?

Iola from Cassardis is a really good source of information.
She's the one who tells you that the Duke should be her age, and that she's wondering how someone so old can hold the duchy.
Then she tells you about dragon legends, how some Dragons just "come and go" or some "cleave through the country destroying everything."
The Dragon is also said to roost somewhere before going on a rampage through the country, probably to gather strenght.

You could theorize that Dragon that come and go are the ones that don't find their Arisen or whose Arisen's choose the Duke's way.
Dragon that rampages through the continent are the one whose Arisen's died in their duel or before, meaning the Dragon needs to find another one and motivate the population to try to stop him.

>death's hp resets if you die to scythe
are you fucking kidding me, i would've been so much more careful waking up my pawns if i knew this shit

It's Arisen/Julien. It's making fun of how he falls deeply for you if you talk to him in jail. Cutting the pie with the sword, it's like cutting a wedding cake.

>Holy Affinity Focus Blast with Sharp Fingernails
>MFW constantly knocking Death over and kicking him while he's down until he up and leaves

>Kill Daimon a second time
>Get nothing but Rift Crystals

Thanks game.

>game has all these cool looking armors
>settle for a plain surcoat over chainmail

Is the queen's dress op? I've been using it for a while now and I'm level 30, I have no real reason to stop using it outside of looks. The dress gets old after a while, but I don't know what else for my sorcerer to wear

Get rid of the queen's dress.
Don't play for stats, try to use your fashion sense.
Remember that here on /ddg/ the Queen's dress is a big no-no for hires.

it's got good stats for how early you can get it but it is the most hideous piece of shit ever
Fashion's Dogma > stats

Framae or Sapfire for MA?
I've been hearing how the MA skills for Dagger scale off the Magic stat but I'm not sure if I want to gimp myself by having two elemental weapons on me.

>mfw Arc of Obliteration'd the three Living Armor in Fallen City over the bridge and in the sea below.

And they said that Warrior has a thought time in BBI.
It never felt better to send Living Armor rockettering off the map for a One-hit-kill

Framae due to how defense works in this game

Sapfire is good if you're facing something weak to Fire though, because the DefDown debilitation will rape them

do i have to bring blast arrows to stagger daimon 2 out of vortex

I managed to do it as a warrior by drinking one Liquid Vim and four Tagilus Miracle for each vortex.

I think you should be able to do it just fine with some priapts/tagilus/blast arrows.

Honestly I had more luck climbing than trying to shoot him out of it as a ranger. When he starts to do the vortex attack, liquid vim and grab on his legs, climb to his chest, pop 4 x conqueror's periapts and hundred/thousand kiss away. He should be dead before he can recover from the vortex attack.