/fog/ - Fallout General

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

ITT

>Obsidicuk: I don't like thing
>Bethesdrone: I don't like thing

FIRST FOR THE BOS IS FUCKING RETARDED

>Obsidicuck: I like thing but Bethesdrone ruins thing because they and their fans are fucking retarded
>Bethesdrone: lol deal w/it nerd

>I don't like thing

Nev Vegas fanboys just need to let go.

Weebly guy update your fucking website

We'll never stop fighting as long Bethesda squats on Fallout and keeps desecrating it

Fallout should have died with Interplay. No games ever again is better than the corpsefucking Bethesda does to it.

reminder that curie is real and strong and she is my waifu.

xth for finding love and happiness in the harsh wasteland

Avellone told to let go, several times.

Way to miss the point. Some fan you are.

>Dead Money was a metaphor for the state of the Fallout franchise

DEEPEST

Shut up Dogmeat.

you can't undo the past

Hey guys. Autistic settlement decorating user here, looking for some new settlement mods (currently have homemaker and snap n build)
What settlement mods do you reccomend?
>inb4 memecraft

So how lame will nukaworld end up being?

I recommend deleting homewrecker

How can we fix Fallout 4?

We know precisely fuckall about it, so nobody can say.

Uptodate list of required mods GO

How many fo4 esps are you running, /fog/? I'm at 173 now

Delete the whole thing and start from scratch?

> New engine
> Add RPG Elements
> Add actual choices to dialog
> change the way AI reacts to you (IE the raider hide out where you meet cait, EI why does a raider see through my full raider outfit that fully hides my face....)
> Stop reusing ideas from 1 and 2 and make your fucking own?
> etc etc, do I really have to go on?

Realistically? It'll probably be good but nowhere near good enough for it to be the last DLC.

damn, I thought 167 was high. Dump yours I'll dump mine?

Give it to Sawyer and Avellone.
Bethesda need to go back to making souless fantasy games. They can't make games for a thinking man.

>
> change the way AI reacts to you (IE the raider hide out where you meet cait, EI why does a raider see through my full raider outfit that fully hides my face....)
They don't, however, all raider clans are at war with each other, it doesn't matter if your dressed up as a raider, your not one of their raiders.

Why for?

>> Stop reusing ideas from 1 and 2 and make your fucking own?
because a continuation of a series should just be something wildly fucking different.

>Implying Self insert Avellone and "more blunt the a club" Sawyer can write things that require thining

This is what I always found funny

This
>MAKE UP UR OWN SHIT!
argument totally ignores that its a fucking game series.

Its like saying to the TES games
>THEY NEED TO STOP HAVING THE DEADRA, THE 10 PLAYABLE RACES, TAMRIEL, AND WE NEED TO GET NEW IDEAS!
Its like, if you get rid of all that, what makes it a fucking TEs game at that point

> Kill a raider out side
> Wear raiders clothing to the full that covers up everything on me making me fully look like said raider I just killed
> Walk inside to raiders whom this raider would be apart of
> Shot at instantly because they see though my ruse

Yeah right.

It was more about enclave, brotherhood of steel, super mutants etc. Things that shouldn't be all over the place, are. Because.... reasons....

>Wear raiders clothing to the full that covers up everything on me making me fully look like said raider I just killed
>Implying clothing is the only thing thats visibly distinguishing
>forgetting things like how you walk, and how you hold yourself

because the continental united states is completely and utterly impassible.

But animations are all the same??????? Besides, I can just be standing there and they'll attack.

>travelling, living and raiding with a tight knit group of 10
>implying you wouldn't notice some stranger wearing your friends clothes

>It was more about enclave
Except we know from Fallout 2 that the Enclave had bases all over America.

> brotherhood of steel
The Brotherhood of Steel formed an empire spanning the Midwest, that was the size of the NCR as it is NOW, decades before the NCR got even all of California under its control.

The BoS were long the most mobile and spread out faction long before Bethesda got a hold of the series.

>super mutants
This is the only thing that can be remotely considered valid, but even then, BEthesda made their own super mutants, and didn't just reuse the Master's.

I think he meant stop using the brotherhood and enclave and supermutants and make up your own shit. It was fucking lazy for Bethesda to put all that stuff on the east coast. There could have been something new there, but they had to reuse even the plot from the first two.

>There are supermutants on the east coast
>But why? Only the master made supermutants
>S-Shut up they're different

But you don't need to get rid of those things to bring in new ideas.

You stop using them as a crutch because you've fallen in a slump and become creatively stagnant.

You also have a pipboy on your wrist.

Which makes me wonder how the fuck the Courier got away with disguising as a Legionnaire.

You are aware Fallout 3 was deliberately designed to be a soft reboot of the series because it had been effectively dead for a decade and no one outside a small group of people knew anything about what was in previous Fallout game.

Like, the whole point was that it was made for new people, and so Bethesda could
>"ok, see all this shit, this is most of the shit you missed from the first two games"

But even then, Fallout 3 and its DLC had a number of new factions and organizations.

>The third in a series is a reboot
Are you retarded?

Sure you would. But not instantly at a distance like they do.

> Walk anywhere within visual range
> Might as well have a big neon sign above head

Worked in New Vegas

I mean, at that point why not just kill FO off entirely and make your own post-apocalyptic game?

Are you actually arguing that FO wasn't effectively dead before 3 came out?

>But why? Only the master made supermutants
>S-Shut up they're different
Its actually more like
>basic logic dictates that no one would be stupid enough to keep all of their super solider serum/testing in one place in order to rpevent self-confirmation bias that could end the project before it was fully explored
>This gives us a logical out as to why super mutants could be on the east coast, and allows us to make a new kind of super mutant in the process

check this out
fallout in alaska

>no brotherhood
>probably enclave
>snow?
>mutated bears

at a distance and even so, they might think you acquired some new gear?

What part of SOFT reboot do you not understand?

To add onto this, none of the factions really interact with each other. There's no point in them being there. And when they are, it's for a ridiculous reason.
Actually, troika, a team of ex interplay employes would have bought it, so no. And that's not an excuse for it being retarded
It's more like lazy writing

raiders split the loot and the leader gets the best shit. Even if they think you are who you are pretending to be, they're going to be pissed you got new shit without telling everyone else.

The overgrowth mod is so nice.

Ive heard people complain about it saying it ruins the point of fallout, but color is definitely better and after 200 years shit wouldve grown back. If you guys havent used it I wouls suggest looking it up at the very least. It makes everything seem so much better.

It was more they way they impalement it and the think and shitty story lines behind it all.

>make a new character with no intentions of building/MM shit
>end up making a massive complex in sanctuary

>well this might have happened so no
>being retarded
what.
the brand was dead. I've never even heard of Troika (literally who).
So let's see this Troika FO. I'm curious how shit it would be.

>To add onto this, none of the factions really interact with each other
They shouldn't DESU.

The hamfisted reasoning using behind why every single faction in NV was pulled into the overly elaborate conspiracy theory that was the MQ was on of its biggest failings.

Riley's Rangers, the Regulators, the slavers of paradise Falls, they had ZERO reason to become part of the narrative of the BoS vs Enclave.

It would be like the Guilds of Tamriel getting involved in the affairs of the main quest, its literally not their job.

> corvega plant
> Raider way up high
> I'm down at the bottom
> Can hardly see what he is wearing with a sniper rifle
> Dude instantly knows it's not me as soon as he's looking in my direction and am within a certain range
> that range being a range that you may not even be able to tell if I'm a female or male dot dot dot dot dot

There are so many fucking raiders in Fallout 4 that you wonder why the hell didn't they take over every single other settlement.
And no, it is not because "they wouldn't have things to raid then".

Except your don't fly out samples that important. You get another expert or experts in the fields to corroborate data.

Its because none of the raider clans are untied and they spend so much time fighting each other they cant take anything order.

Troika made VTMB. It would have bought the fallout series. You make it sound like I owe Bethesda, but I don't. It probably would have been van buren. Which would have added a lot of new features. There's an alpha somewhere, but it sucks.

Except the government knew there was going to be a nuclear war, and had no reason to NOT hide some samples inside one of their nuclear proof bunkers instead of keeping it in an otherwise entirely soft military base like mariposa.

The fact that 90% of the population is raiders with them killing each other all the time makes you wonder as to where all of these people keep coming from.....

NV factions are good. They have personalities and goals and relationships towards one another. That's how communities near eachother work in real life dipshit. Yeah they had zero reason to be a part of it, but this is because they're overall unimportant and useless

>No reason not to hide
>Same country that put its citizens in interment camps during a war because they were the wrong race
Okay

>This is acceptable
Can anybody actually run this shit at max settings with a consistent 60+ FPS?

>VTMB
You mean the game that literally requires an unofficial patch to run?
Okay, my expectations hit a new low.
>Van Buren
Would've been interesting but likely would've suffered the same fate as BoS.

Well, here are some probable ideas I can think of:

1. The minutemen were around, when the story begins IIRC they have just died out.

2. If you think about it, there arent any real settlements until you clear them and the very few left are often being harassed by them and used by Raiders to grow their food, which they then steal.

3. Super mutants seem to always fight them as well. They would be just as lmited as anyone else when it comes to moving about

4. The institute and Synths (same as above) + maybe Synths are infiltrating them as well? Come to think of it I dont think ive ever killed a synth raider, has anyone else?

5. war between them. They arent all the same clan realistically. They would still be warring vs each other.

no

To add to this, dealing with the various factions in the area is a tactical move. You don't even have to if you go independent.

>Thinking that racial tensions has anything to do with basic logic

If they WERE paranoid about chinese spies, then they'd be even more likely to move the FEV to many locations, so they'd decrease the odds of the chinese ruining it all

Is it cheating if I use the console to give myself some items to begin building a base? Not a lot, but enough to make a cozy place?

I just know if I do I'll go full cheat and ruin the game for myself ;_;

Scaling is a bitch.

Does MO2 work or should I stick with NMM?

>VTMB
Just because it's buggy doesn't mean it's not good
>Van buren
You've never played it. How would you know?
Because since most of the game revolves around shooting and exploring you need something to shoot.

Worse than Maxwell's World

Just scrap some trees and cars.

The game is a poorly optimized piece of shit with impractically big textures that are also poorly optimized pieces of shit.

>just because it's unplayable unless you haven't upgraded your PC since 2005 doesn't mean it's bad
Okay.
>How would you know
How would you know that Troika would do a better job with FO than Bethesda or Obsidian?
I mean, if we want to just assume things, we can do that.

>NV factions are good.
Not really, the Khans made no sense, their entire relationship with the Legion is based around them magically not knows literally everything about how the Legion works, from its slavery, to its banning of drugs, despite the fact these are things near every other NPC talks about.

Similarly, the Van Graffs, and Omertas, siding with the Legion for similar reasons is equally beyond stupid and nonsensical.

When it comes to the larger factions

-The NCR is so idiotic, and so unable to do even basic tasks like kill some giant ants, that its impossible to take them seriously.

-The Legion is literally the mustache twirling villains behind everything that the NPCs of Fallout 4 make The Institute out to be, without the revelation that most of its was actually superstition that makes such a plot believable.

-House is a massive egomaniac whose plans have constantly backfired on him, and who has constantly worked against his own goals, to the point you have to wonder if hes bipolar.

The entire Main Quest about
>HELP US WIN THIS WAR!
Is entierly negated by the fact that nothing you do besides curing Caesars tumor, and saving/killing Kimball actually contributes to the war effort in any way.

At the same time, everything that WOULD contribute to the war effor is thrown to the side and treated as unimportant.

Literally everything about New Vegas's plot and main faction is this entierly disorganized jumble of random ideas that doesn't go anywhere and doesn't make any sense, and only works on NPCs being so stupid they couldn't breathe, or so ignorant the might as well be asking what color the sky is while standing outside.

What "Weapon Sets" can you guys come up with as being justifiable or relevant to Fallout up to at least Fallout: New Vegas?

Here's an example

American Domestic/Asian Theater pre-G3/R91 and energy weapons:
Rifle: M16A2
Carbine: M4
Shotgun: Remington 870
DMR: M14
LMG: BAR
SMG: Uzi

In other words, what weapons do you think go together, were used together, or are closely related at any point in history in Fallout's universe?

>Hidden bunker with soldiers whose only job was to listen to radio signals
>Implying they weren't paranoid about chinese spies
>Implying they would move a top secret formula to multiple places to increase chances of it falling into enemy hands
Yeah, okay.

>Implying they would move a top secret formula to multiple places to increase chances of it falling into enemy hands
The place they were moving it to was their own Vault program that they controlled, it was literally the most secure spot possible for them to put it.

I do with lotsa mods

gtx980@ 1279 MHz
4790k@ 4.6 Ghz

Shipments of basic shit like wood and metal are cheap. Scrounging for that shit is for the birds just have it carted in.

>the Khans made no sense, their entire relationship with the Legion is based around them magically not knows literally everything about how the Legion works, from its slavery, to its banning of drugs, despite the fact these are things near every other NPC talks about.
>the Van Graffs, and Omertas, siding with the Legion for similar reasons is equally beyond stupid and nonsensical.

So you failed to read the dialogue where they literally tell the Courier that it was promised them they would still be allowed to have their cultures (false promise, obviously)?
It is not hard to see why the Khans, who value strength and warriorhood above all, would rather side with the Legion, especially after the emissary's honeyed words.
Same goes for Omertas and Van Graffs. Lesser of two evils type of thing.
Hell, it is basically the reason why Ulysses was pissed with the Legion.

I agree about the NCR, despite them being my favourite faction. They are extremely idiotic, but that is what the NCR is. They ARE ineffective, they ARE lazy, they ARE poorly trained, they ARE bureaucratic, they follow retarded orders given by retarded superiors.
The thing is that the game also paints the NCR this way, the game doesn't pretend the NCR isn't dumb and ineffective, everyone talks about how the NCR is ruled by retards.

House is egomaniac indeed.

I just don't see how any of that makes the factions "not good".

They would be bad IF the game painted them in a good light and then in-game they were retarded.
But the game tells you that the NCR is shit and that House is a flawed blind egomaniac man.

See the Institute, for example, they're supposed to be ultra-smart and all, they are painted this way in the game, but they're not like that AT ALL in the game, they are dumb and make no sense. THAT makes a faction bad.

Bethesda games aren't quite as buggy, but still pretty bad. As in the game is frozen, I stuck in a wall, I'm stuck in vats
>Van buren
A lot of people could have done a better job than Bethesda
in case you didn't know. The khans were a raider tribe on the west coast. They never had any interactions with the Leigon before and aren't a part of the NCR, which spreads a lot of propaganda about the Leigon. I think even a few are suspicious but don't really care because they're friends and family were slaughtered by NCR
NCR is just kept under a lot of strict orders. So they can't do what ever they please and are corrupt
Leigon can justify itself, or Caeser can. They're safer but women are treated like animals and prohibit drugs and alcohol
House has kept vegas safe and running, so he's a good choice too
>Keeping a factions leaders alive is stupid
Are you retarded?
>Main quest
Why wouldn't they want all the help they can get? They're fighting a war.
Do you understand that each faction is supposed to have flaws for a difficult choice or do you prefer good guy vs bad guy in 3?

>Rifle - Colt revolver rifles
>Carbine - Marlin Model 1894 lever action (.357)
>Shotgun - Winchester model 1887
>DMR - SVD Dragunov/SKS
>LMG - FN Minimi (SAW for you CoDfags)
>SMG - MP5

I'm a sucker with shit taste, and this isn't anything approaching a weapon's family.
Sue me.

I kinda want a modern post apoc game,

kinda like Stalker but with more scavenging and resource management, that or a real zombie apoc survival, where combat is secondary to just finding a good place to live for 7 months to winter when they freeze to death,

and real scavenging..not this convert anything into anything crap

It's like a slutty Paz.

>So you failed to read the dialogue where they literally tell the Courier that it was promised them they would still be allowed to have their cultures
No, I read that, Its just not believable because its such common knowledge that Caesar bullshit these things that no one should take it seriously.

They just do because
>we needed a way to shoehorn the Khans into the MQ.

> but that is what the NCR is
But thats the problem, they take it SO FAR in-game that it stop being believable, and just turns them into cartoon parodies of what they are supposed to be,

On the other hand, the BoS is made out to be racist xenophobes, and while yes, they do display those traits often, its not literally EVERY SINGLE QUEST here they go off on massive racist xenophobic rants like the NCR do with not being able to do anything themselves.

>I just don't see how any of that makes the factions "not good".
It becuase they take what would be realistic and believable traits to such idiotic extremes the entire game turns into a parody of itself to the point its impossible to care about anyone or any of the factions because they all act so stupidly.

> but they're not like that AT ALL in the game,
They really kinda are though
-They mastered FEV
-They mastered AI
-They mastered teleportation
-They have effectively controlled the Commonwealth for decades
-And they come up with, and orchistrate, a plan to take down the largestp ower o nthe east coast, and actually manage to get most of their plan done even without your help.

Compared to the NCR, Legion, our House, the Institute look fucking competent, smart, and functional by comparison.

You forgot to mention that Avellone actually liked 3.
Don't know about 4, though.

Troika games are quite buggy, and even worse.
As in I can't launch the game without downloading from a third party unaffiliated with the company.
I don't even get stuck in the game, It just doesn't run.
>a lot of people
I can do that too - A lot of people disagree with you.

that's redundant

Who?

>Keeping a factions leaders alive is stupid
That's not what I said at all, are you dyslexic?

lol
more nudes when