>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
ss13.moe/forum/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans
game.ss13.moe/logs

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/xUdBuWvj

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/raw/u40ABfJz
youtube.com/watch?v=8k41D9por6c
youtube.com/watch?v=mdkI51NehsI
youtube.com/watch?v=L8wHteSOwW4
youtube.com/watch?v=vaANPNrAtpA
youtube.com/watch?v=M645871Re7k
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/11212
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/issues/11216
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Help in Maint

Is this baystation?

How do you piss off metaclub people without getting caught lads? I usually just lay traps

Stripey underwear is the best underwear for males.
Kinky best for females.

>Yred is now using the ckey kavlax instead. Permissions have been transferred. The Yred account will be deadminned shortly.
YRED IS TRYING TO DODGE SHITPOSTING BY SWITCHING CKEYS
WILL PROBABLY WORK TOO

hey fellow spessmen. im letting you all know im getting engaged, should i ever tell my gf about spess, or should it be kept in the dark

Give up spess and everything else you love so you can devote everything to her.
Get a divorce and lose half of everything you own anyways.

Make sure to note that this is the same terrible player.

Hire a clown to show up on your wedding day to trip her, undress her then honk in her face before putting her in a bin, tell her that you play SS13 during your honeymoon

I stage shootings and accidents in the bar so i get to kill at least one of them

I place bear traps in hallways

Updated the pastebin
Use this next thread lads

>mfw throwing activated gold slime extracts at people and watching them panic when a non-hostile mob spawns

Say no to attack animations.
The name is an overestimation of what it really is.

I'll say what the fuck ever I want to say, dweeb

We should do like in JRPGs where every attack has a really long animation and no one else in the game can move during it

Mini game of soduko when you harm intent a katana to your torso when

What the fuck was going on in Thunderdome that round?

Cult lesen like I mentioned in OOC.

>15 players on a Saturday night

DED

SERVER

Picnic

Sorry, me and my mates are going on for a crawl.

By the river at the park?

YOU KNOW HOW TO FOLD A FITTED SHEET

AND NO PLANT DIES ON YOU

>cannot jaunt or teleport with it
>no speed increase
>doesn't even go through firelocks
Is there ANY point to buying the Firebird as wizard when you can get a jetpack zero fuss?

Fun

Repostan

>Be boring of playing different jobs, try to think different gimmicks.
>Come up with the story of Percival, knight of the round table, entrusted to find the grail by King Arthur.
>Round starts fairly normal, go to order stuff at cargo, then go to bar to prepare our table.
>Mime there, extremely interested and helpful, call over comms for any brave and strong warriors willing to fight for a cause.
>There's actually a lot of people what the hell.
>Mime comes back, sets up our 0 shaped table, kinda elongated and with a hole in the middle.
>Mime makes fireplaces, comfy, xenoarch brings us many weapons like katanas, cult blades.
>I keep my trusty regular sword.
>Tell the knights that we are looking for the grail to restore King Arthur's health; but the Grail is not a thing that can be found, we must unveil it's secret, and then the grail will become apparent. Clown comes in with a glass that shattered and it was the Hloy Grail.
>We roll around, I order many armors, give them out, we get a mass job change to Knight of the round table.
>I gather the nights at the bar to tell the Story of Arthur, the Kingdom, the World and the Grail. OST: youtube.com/watch?v=8k41D9por6c
>We keep rolling around, spider called at arrivals so we go and clean it, in the way, someone tases a knight and we surround Jamarion.
>DO YOU WORSHIP MORGANA HUH?
>11 knights surround a black man with green hair and a coat.
>It wasn't me, it was HoS.
>She will pay, go on, discover the RAGECAGE, Pingy fights one of us but fight is cut short when the BEAR FORCE ONE COMES AROUND.
>Bear force one kills one of us and nearly kills me.
>As I return to life, The secret of the veil is revealed to me. OST: youtube.com/watch?v=mdkI51NehsI
>Plasma is starting to pour in, gather our knights at the bar to tell the secret as station dies around us, send them to rescue anyone they can and get to the shuttle.
>Radstorm, Morgana clearly doesn't want us to live!

>Shuttle draws near, knights save a lot of people, Samson is rescued by Pingy and other knights.
>Vayr dies on the wait, youtube.com/watch?v=L8wHteSOwW4 starts playing.
>We get on the shuttle, help as many people in as we can, one authorization to leave is left, Pingy launches it.
>Pingy kills some guy, Samson dies too.
>PINGY IS ENTHRALLED, HIS STRENGHT IS TOO MUCH, HE IS MORDRED.
>We slap Pingy to death, most knights still alive.
>No ling succed more than 2.

I honestly hope you guys had a fun time, it was one of my most fun rounds.

If you are interested in any of the inspiration, here:
Watch Excalibur (1981) or read La Mors d'Arthur.
And if you're fine with Operas: youtube.com/watch?v=vaANPNrAtpA
Be good spessmen.

use a broom instead of a jetpack

Thesee features

>Learning BYOND
>Getting more robust from it
Some day you will fear me

why is med-pop full of shitters?

Valid hunting

so ive been playing spess for around a year now, should i finally man up and try my hand at security, im very unrobust but i wanna learn

>When IAA and Janitor fight
youtube.com/watch?v=M645871Re7k

Being robust is not the same as having combat skills.

I've been playing for a couple of months and I do alright at it, just don't arrest people unless they're doing shit, don't valid hunt, and don't kill people unless the HoS tells you to (if there is no HoS then just do whatever the fuck you want really, I normally let people go because otherwise the round gets boring)

...i dont have great combat skills either

To get combat skills, just be security or assistant, harm will come to you.

To be robust just play a lot of rounds, robust means being able to adapt to situations that change rapidly without powergaming.

im more worried about being woefully incompetant in the form of getting my ass handed to me then arresting people for no rason

>mfw being retarded greyshirt pseudo-security
More fun than real security

>don't valid hunt

Don't listen to that part, valid hunting at the end of the day is your job. Despite what it seems like security is not there to boo crewmembers for breaking windows and lock them up for 2 minutes, you are in for the big game. The station won't end if you let one shitter assistant that is deliberately trying to taunt you go, but it will if you let changelling scum absorb freely in maintenance until they get deathsting.

Just tase and cuff so they can't robust you, aim for where people will move to since literally everyone dodges when they hear the taser (they almost always move north/east depending on which way they're running)

>observing
>diona jumps into space with no suit, fights carp
>collapses in space
>watch a mommi drag him back into the station so he can recover
KEEPER lawset, everyone :^)

>Liking extended

>not liking shitter safari

ahelp the little fucker

he brings a bad name to all MoMMI players

Dionaes are not living beings, they're just trees who can move and act.

github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/11212
Y/N?

[NO]

But Y

>trees
>not living

Y

DragonBro was made aware, I might check the logs to make sure he actually scolded them

Y

M

Give me your ling tips
For cargo always destroy comms on roid and safely succ anyone you lure there

Lay down somewhere and you'll get an easy sting when people shake you up.
Betraying someone who just wanted to help is a bonus.

Goddamn, this reminds me of something a long time ago.

if you have a choice of targets, eliminating doctors is better

if you can get rid of the monkeys in genetics, and prevent body transplants without being caught, you can more freely stash victims

removing the head with a sharp object (especially a bonesaw) means you can stash it in a backpack and space it

being caught when people are aware of lings is a death sentence, if no lings are suspected you still have a chance to bluff

a grille with a knotted cable connected to the power grid placed in maint will be like a bug zapper for assistants if you can push them into it using non-help intent then pull them repeatedly onto the grille's tile to stop them screaming

Don't get rid of the monkeys in genetics if you have access. Go to the science base on the asteroid and in a cleaning closet there is plenty of monkey cubes. Use those to fly further under the radar.

you can't succ monkeymen you dummy, I'm talking about getting rid of them to stop doctors doing head/brain transplants on your victims

>could have just killed people and cloned them the entire time

>Only doctor dead
>Doctor never even got to medbay

>try to get people to do this
>everyone either ignores me or says no
I hated that round so much
the only doctor was the first guy to go full murderboner 'Kill them to save me'. I had him, cuffed him, thought 'hey, why don't we clone people instead!', brought him to medbay, uncuffed him, and he ran off to kill more people.

this has happened to me before and it always makes me anally devastated on the rare occasion it does
>be only doctor
>die in whatever way
>dragged to medbay lobby by assistant/miner/scientist whatever
>lying there indefinitely

You only need one non-husked body for infinite head transplants though and you will always have one non-husked body

just because there are workarounds doesn't mean that taking away all the basic tools won't fuck the doctors

speaking of which, space all the surgical tools

>Antagonist that naturally fucks over Medbay and is naturally vulnerable to silicons
>Completely wastes their natural fucking over to Medbay
>Ignores silicons, causes more people to be borged instead
FUCKING
BRILLIANT!

I thought about being a nice ling and telling them before succing that I will clone them and then cloning them myself but they would either start screaming or try to valid me anyway

Make the succing ERP and it'll be fine.

Hey
64x64

Hey
It's free real estate

Hey
HEY
It's a wonderful kind of day

bump ded thread

I have brought you a masterpiece of art, fresh from the hells of tumblr.

furries are a blight on this game

Me in the dress!

New player here, can I join and lurk the station for a bit? Don't want to get bullied.

this is a ye olde school server with extra bullying sorry
you're welcome to join if you man up

github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/issues/11216

I understand that there was a vote to nerf the wheelchair, and that the problem is that there is no idea of HOW to make the nerf, well, I have a couple of ideas.

I don't think that the increase in cost would help the case, because it could cost 10 telecrystals and still it would be used, the chair is all you need; I think the key to ner if is augmenting the cooldown in between hits and however we can increase it would be a good idea.

I think the way to approach it is one of the following ways:
After running over someone, the chair advances 3 tiles in the direction it ran over someone.
Dave it have a 1.5 or 2 second cooldown before it rolls over a specific person, if it's tried, the wheelchair will push.
It's also a problem for knockdown, because on the second hit you're on the ground and maybe with a limb off, I'm not aware of the Sharpness it works on, but I don't think it's the main issue here.
Damage is fine as is, and if any of these nerfs is implemented, then I don't think any nerf to knockdown would be necessary; however, knockdown should be reduced if cooldown is not increased, and if it's not increased then damage should be reduced too, maybe to 15.

And that is my suggestion. Hope it's not terrible.

If someone bullies you click on the nearest vaguely deadly looking object and then click on them a lot.

I still think the wheelchair is an expensive, counterable piece of syndie tech for glass-cannon playstyle that doesn't need a nerf but I know I'm not sharing a popular opinion

Well, it is glass cannon.

Until you take creatine with it.
Then it's just inevitable death on wheels.

break the chair or shut the firelock, you can turn on all the firelocks in an area by flipping the fire alarm

it also only takes 2 metal rods to make an impassable grille to buy you time

Make the chair gib you if use creatine or medical nanobots
Problem solved

Shit, I forgot about that

It was somebody using the name Electric Crab, or something similar

There's a lot of crabs, and a lot of days to go through

I'll find it later :^)

How is the Vox ERP scene on here? As good as Veeky Forums?

even better, heads organize huge orgies on a round-by-round basis where we tickle eachothers birdo prostates. But we like to keep our erp quality high, going to need your ckey to whitelist you

It's huge, feel free to ERP as much as you want friend.
Also rape is allowed.

We should remove Kurt Jacob and any waifu who has been indecent with him.

>accidentally slip into space
>land on the roid
>my target is the quartermaster
>call him over to let me back onto the station
>meme him with the syndie chair and take his ID
>murder a few more people, get my glorious death
>become blob
wew

I forgot to mention, he stuttered out "of fucking course" as I was meming him, then he put up a github issue to nerf the chair :^)

>you will never bear kurt's half-human half-catbeast children

Turn on your suit sensors.
You probably won't get saved but it will increase your chances.
Unless there's an antag scientist working telesci.

So I have not played since Mancrowave came out.

Whats with all this Z level space vault stuff? Can I still wander around or is it all set locations