American Muscle

Br/o/thers!

Post your American car projects. salute old glory by showing off pics of your real projects.

most "car guys" in here are hack wannabes that post threads about "automatic or manual" or "what type of air freshener do you use"

fuck those wannabes. flex your muscle Veeky Forums what do you have?

Other urls found in this thread:

madmaxmovies.com/mad-max-interceptor/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

400 SBC bored to the water jackets. ~500 hp. budget built under $2k

is my st considered a muscle car

>st
as in Ford Focus ST?
>musclecar

Good thread

Looking for a 70 Buick GSX or 69 chevelle SS
Hard as hell to find

Ill probably work on a camaro or something. Easier to find

I knew it was a long shot. but I thought that maybe Veeky Forums would at least have some, true old school gearheads...

I'm a huge muscle fan, but I'm waaaay too poor to afford one. Got some pics to 'mire, if you want me to dump.

pick up a buick skylark (70-72) and clone it into a GSX.

the chevelle... even a malibu will break the bank... I bought a '71 shell that has a junk body and needed suspension, and a complete drivetrain for 4k... the price is outrageous on those old things.

I found a 69 skylark
400cu

But its fully restored
asking 13k for it

and what do you drive, chip foose?

go for it user, lets see 'em

this

damn. that's a price tag. I bought mine as a builder... anything restored is going to cost an arm and a leg...

Test driving tomorrow nigs!

Sheitt makes me feel good about my buy
I got a 66 300 deluxe for 5 grand body is straight as an arrow interior is almost brand new has 1 rust spot in the floor but no engine or tranny best part is the guy took payments
There was a guy I was haggling with before I got my chevelle he had a 65 Buick skylark with a 455 running and he wanted 2500 for it
Kinda wish I bought it only problem was the interior was trash and trying to find any interior was impossible

ok fampai

Pretty slow time to start a thread

and this

C-can I play too? 2.2 Turbo II 5 speed manual.
Just bought a "new" radiator, gonna drop it in sometime next week.

Ya. Im looking something to build. Camaro seems to be the best because they're everywhere. Probably throw the Nova and Mustang in the mix

Posted in another thread the other day, but I recently entered my first car show and got 3rd place in 'Muscle Cars'. Didn't expect to place considering its stock and there was a Roadrunner right next to me and a Chevelle SS the other way. Attendees were given ballots to vote so it was a people's choice type of thing.

i'm night shift... i miss primetime

Lol post more shit photos and claim they're yours

>bootstang
>muscle

What has this world come to

I'd bet the others are in a classic category of some sort.

I'm on rotating shift work so I'm night shift half the time and primetime others.

what??? it's 4 door though, right?

here's the '71 in question

Some of you might recognize the next one I post

last one for now
if the thread is still alive tomorrow I'll dump some more beauties

seriously, post pics of this thing. I'm jelly

Hnng

I love restomod Frankenstein shit

nightshift master race reporting in.

sweet 2nd gen. I love the 78-81's

pic related, it's muh old POS '81... I miss her dearly...

Y-you don't recognize it?

Nope it's a 2 door don't have any pics of it on this phone pretty much looks like pic related just the creams alot duller has some gay bf goodrich decals on the side of it chromes lost its luster and I'm only missing one price of the trim around the windshield

Most of them had to be, though there were a couple of C6 corvettes, a few other mustangs and other newer cars in the muscle category. This ungodly, over the top abomination got 1st place.

>400 SBC bored to the water jackets.

It's the batmobile!

I really want to own a classic muscle car, so if anyone here can answer my questions I'd really appreciate it.
Where is the best place to find a classic muscle car?
What kind of maintenance and repair work will it need?
How hard is it to find a decent muscle car?
What kinda expense am I looking at for purchase and upkeep?
Are muscle cars reliable, or usable as DDs?
Pic unrelated.

Im scared to buy an old school muscle car because I don't know what to check for when buying old cars. I just assume all those old school cars are rusted to hell under all that pretty exterior

>post your cars
>some faggot who doesn't even own muscle image dump spams the thread

Every fucking time

Nice m8. I prefer the 70-73s but my wife had this one when we met so you gotta take what you can get kek.

>one of these things is not like the others

all me bro. I've been wrenching on these for years.

come the fuck on lad

Ew sounds gay

agreed, the 70-73's are purdier. but I have a soft spot for the rubber bumper 2nd gens. I got a lot of pussy with my old beat up camaro... lopey 327 sounded mean.

Better yet they post non American muscle when the thread is labelled American muscle

kek

not many people own muscle cars, sadly.
Certainly not many non-Americans.
And not many of those Americans are posting on Veeky Forums this late on a Sunday night.
It's a recipe for faggotry.

sounds like you found a bargain. I do prefer the '66-'67 with the standard back window though. but damn you! you beat me to it

80percent of this board shills miatas 40 percent ride the bus and 18 percent are random shit boxes 2 percent like muscle and .5 actually own one

yup. it takes years to get knowledgeable about them. I've done many driveway rebuilds on old camaros, chevelles, and firebirds. but old cars have the same issues. bondo, rust, suspension, engine, electrical. luckily, they are easy to work on. but you have to fix EVERYTHING on them, because "joe-blow" that owned the car before you, thought he was a mechanic, and jerry rigged EVERYTHING.

mucle runs deep

Thanks man it pretty much was he was a guy from work I knew he had the car and one day out of the blue sarcastically I told him to sell me the car and he said he's trying to and next day i pretty much bought the car
Guess that was the exact kind of car he had in high school he almost cried watching me take it away
I love the 68 to 71 body style but I love that mid 60s interior but I also love the mid 60s body style fuck i just want them all

All dat hugger orange

Finally getting to performance upgrades for mine, but it's just got a 2-bolt main 350 in it.

hahaha, yep, 66-72. chevelle was king. when I sold my old camaro that I had in highschool, it was sad watching it go... weird how they get under your skin.

fuck you ya fukken poofta cunts.
got a fukken sick commodore, it's got the glorious ls1 that we stole from ya too ya weak cunts.
bet you cunts can't walk out and pick up a rwd 235kw godmachine from 2004 for a month's worth of minimum wage/a week or so of my wage.
just did a fukken ripper of a skid, maybe you fuckheads should learn how to do that instead of hitting the pedestrians aye.

>hugger orange
>SBC with 4-speed

>this is what Straya is like

nice build! looks killer. I'm mating a richmond 4 speed super-t10 to the 400. I want your scattershield bruh

what are you putting it in?

aye, bet you pooftas are jealous that you never got a good falcon

stahp

Mine's just a Saginaw but it was meant to be a cheap interim trans before I install a 5-speed TKO or similar. Now that I have a posi and big sticky tires the Sag won't last long.

Aww yiss

I've never ran a saginaw, people say they are weak, but heck, I've never seen a broken one... run it till it breaks is what I say.

>solid aluminum body mounts.

I just bought these for the firebird, do you notice excess vibration like everyone says? I havent installed mine.

that looks like Gbody suspension? amirite?

Ca nyou give me like a quick 10 point review about it? I plan on buying one in the future.(specifically 5.0)

Pic related. That setup has been in for a few years.

That's pretty much my plan. I bought a close ratio trans since I had pretty long final drive ratio so it's a little more revvy than I'm used to but it's not too bad. I don't drag race regularly but hope to get a couple trips to a strip this year. I think it's mostly launching that kills them.

I honestly didn't notice a huge difference but my old mounts were shot.

>I really want to own a classic muscle car, so if anyone here can answer my questions I'd really appreciate it.
>Where is the best place to find a classic muscle car?
>What kind of maintenance and repair work will it need?
>How hard is it to find a decent muscle car?
>What kinda expense am I looking at for purchase and upkeep?
>Are muscle cars reliable, or usable as DDs?
>Pic unrelated.
Repost this in the morning for someone to answer.

>where to buy?
craigslist, or facebook for sale groups in your area
>repair work
suspension rebuild, rust repair. engine and transmission, rearend and bodywork/paint, unless you don't mind bondo, rust, or dents.
>expense
5k-8k total including initial project car, parts and tools, if DIY.

If you buy one "restored" or at least in really nice shape, 8k-15k depending on make and model.

>reliability as daily

very dependable if done right. will need more maintainance / tuneups than a modern car. but can be far more dependable than a new car if you do so. fuel economy is limited though. the best you're going to get with a carbureted V8 is ~15mpg AT BEST.

I daily drive my old chevelle, and wouldn't be afraid to drive from coast to coast.

i forgot to mention, in the pic related, I paid 4k for the shell, and vested ~3k in parts.

Thanks friend. I appreciate it.

good luck user

Just took these yesterday.

My statement still applies, is that not restomod Frankenstein shit ? Regardless of Max and his sanity ?

>madmaxmovies.com/mad-max-interceptor/
Fair enough. But I'd say the V8 Interceptor is more iconic as a stand alone vehicle than a souped up Ford Falcon

Ausfag with Rustang incoming.

My Swiss assembled 72 Duster

Pretty exited since in picking up a A833 this week to start my manuél swap

Okay. It's American though.

>muscle in yurop

amazing.

Nice firm ass op!

#hellaflush

So my dad said he signed us up for power tour yesterday. In his old age, he confused HRPT with the Car Craft Summer Nationals in Milwaukee in July. Bummed me the fuck out. It's still gonna be fun though. Hopefully we can dyno the car, do some burnouts, and then they have the midnight drags at Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove Wisconsin after the show.

Sure thing OP. Here's from a couple weeks ago. If you want specs just ask.

>tfw 7k+ into just this engine and nowhere near done. Life is good.

>bored to the water jackets
why?

Who needs piston sleeves

>flex your muscle Veeky Forums
You mean flex your bolt-on LEGO project, curtesy of Pep Boys? Is there anything that doesn't bolt up on old American V8s?

>inb4 memes

>flexing your dad's muscle
Lame

Damn that sucks. I was the first responder in the thread you made, you should try to go sometime.

Picked this up about a month ago, '79 firbird trans am, olds 403 v8. Just finished getting the engine back in shape (fluids/filters, plugs, all new vacuum lines, gave the carb one hel of a cleaning, fixed broken choke). Working on getting paint / interior cleaned up before I start about making it preform better (brakes, uncucking engine, heads, cam, true dual exhaust). Got it for 5500 USD, California vehicle, no rot/deep rust, little over 50k mi. How'd I do Veeky Forums?