Efini RX-7

Hey Veeky Forums,

Looking at buying a 1992-1993 RX7. One is a RHD at 130,000KM~, other is 113,000 LHD. Both around $11,000CDN

My main concerns are insurance (im 19, currently under my dads policy for my '11 Jetta) and the heat/wear issues the motor has.

I have no tickets and dont drive like a jackass. Both cars are completely unmolested. Looks like they were imported

big quick car like that, if you want speed and low insurance youre best off with a sleeper like picrelated.jpeg

I'm a mechanical engineer, and you basically have to be to own an FD.

Good luck, my 19 year old Canadian friend.

The car has higher maintenance costs than you can afford, and immediately you have to overhaul the cooling system if they previous owner hasn't otherwise you'll fall into a world of shit with a broken 13b. RHD will make your insurance skyrocket, expect anywhere from 300-700 a month.

It's not a car for you right now man

check the engine specs of an xjr and tell me you still want a miata.

I came here to say the same thing.

unless you are a rotary guy dont buy a rotary car.

Kill yourself senpai

>Be me
>show people the wonders and low cost of owning a jag
>MFW jag is always the answer

siterelated.exe

OP here. Fuck. Thats what I figured. I really love the look of these cars... Im so conflicted :(

Im also looking at this Spec R S15. Its RHD too but its not rotarded. Any advice for the S15?

Buy an S14 Kouki instead.

get a jag

I really dont like the older jags. They just look like a typical british product. Overpriced garbage trying to compete with Germany and Japan.

jag owner here, surprisingly fast an comfortable at around 3k. your loss boyha

As someone who has worked on them quite a bit, jag are literally garbage

That's why he needs to defend his purchase so much.

> mechanical engineer
> didn't even do his own rebuild

>implying I have time with a job and school

it only takes a 5 year old an hour to rebuild a rotary

Unless you can wrench don't even think of buying one.

Excuse for
>I didn't know how and had mom and dad pay for it instead

Depends what you want to do with the car honestly OP. There are tons of people who buy 150hp crotch rockets, and ride really fast on public roadways. If that's the kind of goal you're setting, I don't support it 100%, but at the same time it shouldn't really matter what I think.

not a chance they would pay for anything on the rx7

hence the job

First off, what province are you ?

>Rotary engines

Good luck with that my man

from

>low cost of owning a Jaguar

Why is that FD running with only one amber?