Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Lifelike texture edition

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

discord.me/mhg

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/boards/163462-monster-hunter-generations/74070246
youtube.com/watch?v=E1wcuoxs4mU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

SEEEEE YAAAAAA

What are some fun non-Fighter cat setups

Hammer bros who switch to Hunting Horn in online ww@

#bringhermitaurposterback2016

Seems like it'd be the other way around in this particular outing.

Didn't his mom post here saying he died or something? IIRC he died at the computer with /mhg/ up.
Remember your fallen allies.

I want that one guy to be Meowstress.

Seventh for je suis monte

no you don't

>monster rages
>focuses you for four of its attacks
>cart

Fuck, I forgot how annoying that can be
Literally three other people beating its face in, it still wanted my anus

16-3252-4754-6700

Charm farm, 2 spots open

>run away to heal
>get moderate distance away
>press the button
>the millisecond I do Blazonga turns to face me
>mfw he winds up the Donkey Kong punch

>SEEEE YAAAAAAAAA
>moofy and moofahs in general
>meowstress
Why is Bherna so full of cute?
Why does it still feel boring despite all these?

HR turns
36-6962-7744-1881
Password is the usual
2/4 slots

are there any decent mh streams left?

i need something comfy while i'm finishing these fucking prowler quests

Because it's outside in the middle of some random field, which is extremely not comfy. I never go to there unless I have to. Yukumo for life.

What is it /mhg/? Why the secrecy? They were never this secretive since MH3G.

Reposting from previous thread.

Unlocked (HR8+ turns)

30-0863-2275-4813

3/4

Because there's no story at all, and 80% of the focus is nostalgia for older towns and characters.
Meowstress and Bherna gal are the only interesting new characters, everyone else is boring as fuck.

Because it looks so generic. It's just a grassy plain. 4U had a sandy island, desert caravan, mountain peaks gusting wind, and a cave full of magma. The only place as boring as Bherna in Gen is Kokoto, and even then it has the novelty of looking like it was ripped from a PS2 game.

>secretive since MH3G
MHXG confirmed

CantaPerMe92

>Megaman Legends 4mil units

>go to footbath
>them legs

NX launch title.

Dear /MHG/,

How do I do the rank 3 "deliver 2 wyvern eggs" quest? The one with the Astalos in the way.

This is also my own opinion, but I fucking hate the Astalos- this edgy, mountain dew coloured, pro-mlg, competitive gaming, twitch streaming fucking mega-evolved Seregios.

Try delivering a wyvern egg twice.

Bherna, Kokoto, Pokke, Yukumo.

Long ago, the four villages lived in harmeowny. Then everything changed when the Wyvernians attacked. Only the Ace Palico, master of all 5 elements, could stop them. When the world needed him the meowst, he vanished. A hundred years had passed when my meowstress and I discovered the new Ace Palico, a lance meowster named Faang. And although his lance skills were great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Faang can save the world.

>Catvatar: The Last Meowbender
>DLC coming this upcoming millennium

You only encounter it the first time.
It won't spawn on any further attempts.

>'''my''' meowstress
saged, reported, blocked, called the FBI

>mounting a gammoth usually doesnt work because its head is out of bounds
>sleep bombing a gammoth doesnt break the trunk because the bomb hits the tusks
>gammoth usually isn't facing you, and likes to do weird shit, damaging you solely by walking
what the fuck capcom it's monster hunter fatalis all over again in terms of bullshit and annoying factor

>focuses you for four attacks
>what is solo hunting

Eat for Felyne lander, drink one of the mega dash juices sitting in your box from the starter pack, pick up an egg, jump off the cliff, take it to the red box in base camp, the end.

Reminder that this chart is 100% accurate.

>lance skills
>not boomerang
into the trash

I'm checking the stats at this thread

gamefaqs.com/boards/163462-monster-hunter-generations/74070246

and when I searched World's Strongest for Palicoes skills over at monsterhunter wikia, i can't seem to find it. What's the japanese equivalent of this? Thanks

>Khezu = Gigginox
>Gravios = Uragaan
fixed

>game crashed during my turn
th-thanks capcom

>You only encounter it the first time.
>It won't spawn on any further attempts.

Now this is the kind of information I was looking for- thank you user.

Monoblos and Kut-Ku are cool, the rest can burn.

>tfw you kill a monster when it's about to kill you with your counter and get a break at the same time it dies

Longsword best sword

>capcom will never lose their gen1/2 boner

Come back in.

They weren't being secretive about 4G though. 3G was because of platform switch.

Gigginox has music
Uragaan doesn't have a hip check

monoblos is diablos where they changed the attack scripts to just charge you 50% of the time.

Kut-Ku is the ultimate meme monster

Are Snowbaron and Redhelm armor worth getting? I want to get some deviant armor, but I don't feel like getting my shit slapped around by stuff like Dreadqueen Rathian or Silverwind Nargacuga.

thank you user

I would also like to be meowstress

Of course not.

>monoblos
>cool
>ever
what's wrong with you

shit man they made more nendos?

i'm gonna let myself get gouged by nips just to complete the set

What? Where?

>Let's bring plesioth back
>But this time let's not let the player swim in after him and start every quest fucking around for a minute firing lasers at you while you can't do fuck all.
It's like the devs want you to hate how MH was before Tri.

I'm gonna need a couple more details here buddy

youtube.com/watch?v=E1wcuoxs4mU

did

It's even better because I just started to fuck around with LS because the Eager Cleaver looked edgy as fuck and I was pretending it was my BLACK THUNDER BLADE while I weebed out on monsters but this weapon is actually pretty fun.

someone

Decide to play a pub room at HR7
>Combo Greatsword
>Hammer user cant KO
>HBG user triple carts

Never again

I 200% agree with the preys vs the ggis'.

FUCK Genpreys, Iopreys, Velocipreys & Gianpreys- fuck um' all. They're awful, terrible, boring, uninspired and I hate having to deal with them. They just fucking suck and I would LOVE to see them "discontinued".

Jaggi's, Wroggies & Baggies are the same thing only done about 60-80% better. They even gave them that good "realistic dinosaur meat" so they don't look like shrink-wrapped anorexic low-poly horrors.

Khezu and Gigginox are in the exact same boat as well, but if anything it's even more frustrating because capcom REFUSES to use the BETTER monster and Khezu just keeps coming back again and AGAIN and AGAIN.

I'd also love to see Barioth and Barroth get more love again- it's fucking criminal that they're kept out of these new games.
I'm genuinely sick of Capcom having preference for "monster seniority" over "actually good and interesting monsters".

say

>Unable to connect to servers
It might be over for me, thanks for the hunts though!

Who here remembers Verin? Wish he would come back and breath a new life in this 404 general

I prefer G-Jaggi over the Dromes purely for the KO animation.

cutiecrab

Verin was a good lad. A pretty crazy lad at that, but good.

How does charm farming work again? Can someone post the requirements and what you're supposed to do etc?

So CB red shield gives you guard +1 right? Does that mean I can get guard +1 on my armor and wind up with guard +2, or does that not work?

HR 4-6 Turns:
Post low rank quests if you happen to need em', but I'm mostly focusing on making the Moga Sweetheart set.

25-8901-3973-6083 Pass:RAGE

how the fuck does aerial LS work

Using anything but adept on CB.

I ran Guard+2 in MH4U but in Gen, I run purely offensive skills while using adept style. Just block or evade and stick to monsters

It's okay, user. I'm trying to use different weapons than what I'm comfortable with and LS is creeping up to the top

It's a serious guilty pleasure and I probably still won't ever bring it online.

Don't forget the armors.

I'm seriously believing that 4 stuffed in some much shit from Gen 1 and 2 that Capcom's plan was to show how awful Freedom Unite is in comparison to 3 Ultimate and except for the super popular and flagship monsters, everything before Tri will hopefully be dumped or reworked in 5. And Swimming will be back along with maps that take advantage of the various underwater environments of the world.

>tfw unlocked only at 60
I wouldn't do that so soon, but the materials I need to upgrade are locked behind HR8+.

More like Japan will never lose it.
Japan is autistically nostalgic for 1st gen for any series.
The fanbase there absolutely loves all the garbage gen 1/2 monsters, especially the raths.

Can someone explain what the hell I'm supposed to be doing against Nakarkos' 2nd form?
I feel like I'm at a total loss with the new stuff aadded in. From what I can recall:

>Attack boneheads til they break
>Attack soft spot in top of shell
>Rinse and Repeat till it starts gathering heads
>Sonic Bomb flagship heads to avoid suffering
...but I have no idea what to do when it goes swimming or starts fucking around with Dragon Energy.

>Gigginox has music
I'll take no music over lmao bouncy castle on rage any day

>Uragaan doesn't have a hip check
but spend 70% of the time rolling around from one end to the other, fun fun

>anything but adept on CB

but why

the block gives you instant red or instant shield charge

I'll still probably bring Bow online but LS is pretty much the only melee weapon I can find enjoyable. Maybe if I become better at it I'll make a set and take it online.

Wrong. There are more guard levels than simply guard+1 and guard+2.
Or at least that's how it was in 4U. Red shield with Guard+2 wasn't enough to block a Tigrex roar without knockback/chip damage. You had to have the red shield, guard+2 AND do a guard point. But GPs got dumbed down in Gen.

>bouncing on gigginox
Literally retarded

Oh so it's worthless, ok.

None of the guides have been updated since MH4U so nothing was clear on this

Guard points are hard.

Mechanics are hard.

oh fuck me i read that wrong, my bad

Adept guard doesn't need guard skills. If timed right, it can stop anything (except beams), even without the red shield or any guard skills.

He obviously means the monsters bounces, you mong
Giggi would spam jumps over and over

No it's because the 3DS audience are Tribabbies and not familiar with 2nd gen content.

Do you have to do all Arenas with all weapons to get the piercings, or just S/A-rank with at least one weapon for each monster?

somewhat easier to go from nada to red charge since you can aim the spirit attack 360

>coal hearted quest from wyverian artisan in yukomo (kill village tiggy to start the long-ish quest chain)
>hr 6 quest, but hr4 can join
>use a hunter, not prowler
>bring a farcaster and mining picks
>dont eat food or cool drinks
>mine red nodes, skip blues
>turn in 12 total coal
>turn coal in one at a time, not in bulk

Thats it. Just make sure to turn them in one at a time or else the max reward is lower. Done in a group it should only take about 60-90 seconds. Longer with shit coal rng. Selling excess ores/spheres/weapons should net you 25k zeny, possibly alot more.

A rank with 1 weapon, its all pretty easy to solo except for the last cat arena

Sakura charm farming.

35-4507-3693-9080

Forgot to mention, the hub has to be online or local. Offline hub gives fewer rewards. So even if you're soloing it, at least make a local hub.

All arenas at A rank gives you barrage earring (load up).

All arenas at S rank gives you solider earring (mind's eye).

It's time for a thought provoking question:

-Would you guys ever want Swimming back?

-If no: Why? And what would they have to change or alter for you to accept it back?

When swimming, it will eventually stop by the water's edge and attack you with tentacles. Attack it enough while it's doing this, and it'll fall over into the stage helplessly. Attack the tips of its tentacles for massive damage. This is especially important if you don't want the first phase to drag on.

When it's all red and stuff, you can go ham on its face without having to break a tentacle(because it's not emitting the blue cloud). If the fight lasts long enough that it uses the death beam, you can tranq bomb it out of the attack.

>that autismo box