Looking for full sized truck to pull boat with

>Looking for full sized truck to pull boat with
>Want manual transmission
>All are autotragic
>Only manual trucks are diesels or compact trucks
>No V8 manual trucks to be found
>MFW

Why does automotive industry no longer make manuals for trucks anymore unless diesel? =/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6jv8Xv85lG4
slo.craigslist.org/cto/5576699685.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You probably don't need a full size truck to pull your boat.

I know there are benefits of having a manual for towing, but c'mon

just let the fucking transmission deal with that shit. they're made for that.

because in rural areas they only pump diesel or the farm has diesel tanks for its farm equipment. no point having manual for a town car

mall crawlers dont want to learn how to drive a stick

The Ford Super Duty series has put manual transmissions in their gas V8s for a long time. It's basically an after thought, and in 2016 the only ones that get manual transmissions are mexican fleet vehicles with the 6.2L.
But otherwise, I don't know why you don't want diesel. Because an F-350 with the Diesel and the Manual Transmission maybe kind of hard to find, but they're out there.
As recent enough as say, 2010?
Pic related.

1. They do make mans, but not in mouthbreather countries
2. If you're gonna pull a boat you want a diesel anyways.

Here's the new ford regular cab dually, and OP, I too wish it had a manual transmission.
Real fucking shame.

>>No V8 manual trucks to be found

youtube.com/watch?v=6jv8Xv85lG4

You're in luck, pic related is V8 and comes with a built-in boat.

because manual sucks, OP. few people over the age of 22 want to waste time on a gross stick shift

>one of my old stomping grounds
heh heheh
HAHAHAHAH!
>Jeep faggots will actually defend this

This. Hurr durr muh lost freedoms to the automated machines! Google cars and automatic transmissions we're living in the fucking Matrix bro!

80s and 90s trucks are going to be your best bet. i think the last manual HD gas trucks were the 6.0 and 8.1L chevys up until 07

Isn't it harder to pull/drop a boat on a ramp with a manual?

This. I've got a 01 Chevy 3500 8.1L for work and it's a great truck, tows great even for an automatic. I tow an 11,000 lb skid loader almost daily for over 3 years so far. It's not great on gas but it does ok as long as you stay out of it.

>have full size pickup for sale
>4x4 4speed
>huge v8
>nobody buying it
Whyyy

not really, clutch control goes a long way, especially in a v8 with tons of torque
i loved my 05 3500 8.1L 6 speed, 5mpg was a bitch but it would pull a 25' gooseneck loaded with a backhoe through the sloppiest shitholes you would imagine

Which full size diesel is best diesel? I really like the Dodge Cummins diesels (some of those still come in manual trim)

the cummins is a great engine. the truck around it is why alot of people wont buy one.
>ford
7.3IDI was underpowered but reliable
7.3 powerstroke is god tier
6.0 powerstroke was a joke unless you dump thousands into it to "bulletproof" it
6.4 powerstroke was slightly better stock than the 6.0 but wont build the power of the 6.0 and is fairly problematic
6.7 powerstroke is a good truck
>chebby
6.2 detroit was underpowered but reliable and got decent MPGs for its age
6.5 detroit was underpowered and fairly unreliable but got good mpgs
lb7 duramax was a great engine but had injector problems
lly duramax was great but needed the EGR removed to keep carbon buildup from getting bad
lbz duramax is arguably the best gen of Dmax, and usually the most coveted
llm duramax was essentially an lbz with a DPF system to keep emissions down (essentially choking it) they are great with the emissions removed
lml duramax is the current gen, they are really reliable and build great power with the emissions systems removed
>dodge
first gen 5.9 12v was an incredibly simple mechanical diesel, not a ton of power but they last forever
second gen 5.9 12v was reliable and simple
second gen 5.9 24v had a shitty lift pump and a fuel pressure guage is nessecary in these trucks. they are otherwise reliable
third gen 5.9 24v commonrail was just a second gen with upgraded fuel system
third gen 6.7 24v commonrail is the current cummins, they are great with emissions delete but otherwise are choked.

personally im a duramax guy but ive owned a 7.3 powerstroke too. it all comes down to what you want. the dodge is going to give you front end and suspension problems, and of course rust. the GM is an IFS front end, which most people dislike for towing. and the fords are pretty hearty trucks, i just dont like the turbo issues that some generations had

>TLDR the 7.3 powerstroke, 1st gen 12v cummins and LBZ duramax are the best of each brand

>my old CCLB LBZ

Thanks for the information, I am looking to tow my 3500lbs car around in an enclosed trailer on really shitty roads that definitely require 4x4 and got the impression that the Cummins does a great job at it.

You were saying the suspension is kind of shit on Dodges though? That could be a problem when I am out in the middle of fucking nowhere hauling my shit.

most of my friends that own cummins rebuild their front suspension every 2 years or so. i doubt youll have something snap but ive seen it happen. what is your budget?

Around 15k. I am also mechanically inclined, so any maintenance on the truck, I could do.

look for an LLY duramax and do an EGR delete (if you dont live in commiefornia) or a 7.3 powerstroke. you cant really go wrong with either and they arent ungodly expensive (the 7.3 will be suprisingly expensive for the year, but youll be able to find one for 15k) there is a reason they hold their value

trucks are for americans
americans only drive straight or in circles
americans can't into complex driving skills
ergo autotragic everywhere

not even b8

>tfw commiefornia
no EGR delete for me senpai

Why need huge car for pulling? what size is boat? is it ur mum?

>truck
>boat
>separate

its gonna be harder to find a 15k diesel in good shape in cali, just try and find something that isnt beat or riced (i like to buy my diesels from farmers) and dont just check craigslist. i find most of my good deals from old guys who post ads in the newspaper and local for sale papers

>waste time
But thats driving, if you don't like it thats not my problem.
Automatic cars you just steer it. Its like riding a scooter.. even if is a good scooter, it sucks.

>Why does automotive industry no longer make manuals for trucks anymore unless diesel? =/

Because anyone who knows how to drive and NEEDS a truck buys a diesel because they know about cars.

Anyone who WANTS a truck wants MUH VEEATE and MUH PETROL ENGINE and AUTOMATIC BECAUSE I CAN'T BE CHANGING MUH GEARS MOMMA DIDN'T RAISE NO MANUAL DRIVAH.

Sounds like you WANT a truck rather than NEED one, or you'd be looking for a diesel for torque.

>want stick shift truck to pull stuff
Fuck you dumb.

>eurofag talking about american trucks
its a good think you are here. what would we do if we didnt have someone who know absolutely nothing about the subject at hand?

but seriously, diesel trucks are way more expensive in the US and a gas truck can do anything a diesel can at the cost of gas mileage (which we dont really care about if you dont know)

>i can pay 20k for a 10 year old silverado diesel with 170k miles
>i can pay 10 for a 10 year old silverado with a gas engine and 150k miles

both will pull the boat, both are the same platform, the gas engine will last 220k, the diesel will last 300k, the gas truck will get 2/3 the gas mileage as the diesel but will be cheaper on upkeep and in some places gasoline is cheaper than diesel

give and take user, if you need something to tow a 25' 5th wheel trailer across the country on a regular basis you should buy a diesel, if you want something to take your quads/dirtbikes/sxs/boat/camper etc on the weekend you will be just fine with a gas HD truck

> wants a stick on a boat ramp

Enjoy having your truck at the bottom of the ramp

have you ever driven a manual transmission truck? in most cases you can let your foot off the clutch in 1st gear and the truck will just lurch along without stalling. people drove pickups with manual transmissions for 50 years, you dont think any of them had a boat? are you fucking daft?

You can tow more with the auto. Stop being a meme spouting mouthbreather and poopoo every time automatics are mentioned.

I own a manual 01 f350 7.3
It's a pain the ass I wish I got the auto

Enjoy heel toeing everywhere

>yuropoor "trucks"

>dieselhaters
worst people

slo.craigslist.org/cto/5576699685.html

what do you think about this one?

These fucking people on the Internet are hating on manuals now? I give up, I don't know what to do anymore with you guys

Great deal if it's under 250k miles or so

With some modifications the 6.5 turbo diesel can be a pretty good truck. A friend's dad has one and he hit 410k a few months ago.

Every fucking vehicle doesn't need//have to be manual. Some vehicles like trucks, minivans, etc are perfectly acceptable as autos. Even most semi truck fleets are going automatic.