Drive-ins thrad

drive-ins thrad

just saw CA: Civil War (great movie) at my local drive-in it still surprises me how many people i know that have never been to a drive-in before its a real shame.

Go take your hipster bullshit somewhere else

My wife's jetta can't turn of its headlights and keep the stereo running. Found this out the hard way at the drive-in. Now we take my wagon.

Most people don't know that if you pull the e-brake on an auto the headlights go off once the car is in park, some poor bastard in a newer VW was next to me on Friday having that same problem

We have two drive-ins here in CT and you can't beat the price $10 for two movies. There's even one place that plays six movies a night, four nights a week

I saw Godzilla at the drive-in and the bass kicked so hard it broke my box with two 12" subs half way through the movie. Best movie experience so far!!

>CA: Civil War (great movie)
Get the fuck out. It was terrible.

The first half was boring and unnecessary besides a few scenes of "wow heros r bad mkay" (ahem The Incredibles ahem). The introduction of the Panther was forced as shit. The bad guy played by Bruehl had like 5 minutes of screentime. There wasn't even any Civil Warring until the last third of the movie and everyone had plot armor until a few characters didn't for drama. The whole conflict was wrapped up by the end, with Cap and Stark practically best bros again at the end.

It was a shitty, contrived, boring movie. I'm glad I had an inconvenience pass because I would've been mad if I had payed for the it.

clearly your just mad that mom and dad couldn't afford to throw you in the back of their station wagon drive to a nearby drive-in and pay ten dollars for you to watch 2 movies.

I know where you live.

You could also take her jetta and just pull a fuse.

If you wanted the simple solution.

Fuck drive ins are still a thing? I guess it's my fault for living near LA where retro things don't get restored they get demolished. Fuck I'm jealous

i live in upstate ny we have maybe 3 left one almost closed because they couldn't afford a new projector

This.

Thankfully I lied and received a military discount.
>Hit the bong packed full of roach weed before watching
>Even extremely high I was bored

>That sad moment when the nearest drive-in theater is two hours away

There are two in Riverside.

How do they audio at these? I've never been to one.

>go to drive-in in convertible
>feel like a boss
>see people around me rolling down windows and putting screen mesh on their windows, wonder what's up with that?
>swarm of insects descends
>put up roof
>car gets hot as fuck
What's so great about drive-ins?

They used to have a speaker on a pole that you would hang on your door but nowadays they broadcast it over the radio.

cant escape capeshit plebs

The same writers will be doing the two part avenger movie with Thanos and his gloves.

>Cap and Stark best bros at the end

did we watch the same movie?

Cap ran away from Stark and they did not meet face to face again.

I havent been to a drive-in in years, one of my fondest memories
>Southpark the movie just came out
>sister and i are like 8-10 years old
>we trick our immigrant mom that can barely speak English into taking us by telling her its a kids movie
>movie employee asks our mom if shes 100% sure she wants to take us in
>mom nods because she doesnt understand
>1/2 hour into movie our mom has a horrified look on her face because even though she barely speaks English she totally knows all the swears
>mom unhooks the drive-in speakers from windows and closes windows
>we can still hear the dialogue through the windows because of all the cars around us
>mom starts the car up and we leave
>she later smacked us with her chancla for tricking her
>still laugh about it to this day
>mfw

Oh shit, some one who knows wtf they're talking about. Was about to mention the handbrake thing.

DRL's are shit though

Yeah I can't just throw my gf's car into park, I have to put the e-brake on before taking my foot off the brake or else its horrendous on the transmission mounts.