A thread for our beloved econobox pocket rockets. Talk experiences...

A thread for our beloved econobox pocket rockets. Talk experiences, ask for advice and questions and generally shitpost about the Fiesta ST.
>Generic Edition
Do you prefer understated styling or exaggerated styling?

Previous Thread: >What is a "Hot Hatch"?
A Hot Hatch is a manufacturer produced, performance oriented variant of a standard hatchback, designed for improved handling, increased top speed, acceleration and generally enhance the driving experience.

>Are all Hot Hatches FWD?
No. Whilst most Hot Hatches are FWD, some are AWD or even RWD.

>Isn't FWD shit?
No. Just because you can't get the arse out by stamping on the accelerator doesn't mean you can't have fun.

>Aren't Hot Hatches just for Europoors?
No; with the launch of the Fiesta and Focus ST in the US, it seems like the Hot Hatch is beginning to take off on the other side of the Atlantic, but Europoors definitely have more choice.

>Is the Fiesta ST actually good?
The Fiesta ST is one of the best small hot hatches on offer at the minute; so yeah they're pretty good.

Should I get the fiesta st?

No they are junk.

Yeah, sure.

HHG3!

Are you American. If so, yes, there's no real competition for the Fiesta out there. The Abarth is significantly smaller, the Focus is significantly bigger. If you are a European, still probably yes, but there's more choice and competition, so at least give some of it a look.

What are we calling understated? Because you can usually tell a hot hatch from its styling, they at least (almost) all have a twin, or two separate exhaust pipes

I dunno, I would say things like the 208 GTI and Polo GTI are understated because they're most just a little twin exhausts and red calipers, as opposed to bumper exit exhausts, big diffusers on the back, wider arches and a decent sized wing.

>fwd
>econoboxes
>"""""""hot"""""""
>"""""""""""""rocket""""""""""""""

What are some RWD/AWD hatches - hot or otherwise? Must be production models.
Only one I can think of is 1 series BMW.

BMW 1-series, all models (RWD)
Audi S3/VW Golf R (AWD)
Audi RS3 (AWD)
Mercedes A45 AMG (AWD)
Ford Focus RS (AWD)

I'm probably forgetting one or two, but I'm sure someone will correct me.

RWD and AWD?
1 Series, Audi A3/S3/RS3, Golf R/R32, Focus RS come immediately to mind.

Golf R
Pre-2014 WRX/STi Hatches

subtlety is best
it makes them surprised when you smash them at the lights

>fwd
>smash

>implying

>golf 3
>surprising anyone

Throw a highly boosted engine and 4motion or Quattro drivetrain in there and you bet you'll surprise people with that Golf 3.

Any reasons not to get Mazda Protegé5.
lucky for a fun daily to replace my 240sx

If there are any oil leaks. No
If the oil is low. No
They are sensitive to low oil.
Check for rust. Otherwise a very fun car.

I hate these with a fiery passion. They're literal civics of Eastern Europe. I smashed one with my Twingo.

is there a vendor for aftermarket fiesta st parts that is either the consensus/majority opinion best?

Mountune doesn't fuck up your warranty, which is always nice.

good to know, thanks user

Mountune, Cobb, MAPerformance, PierceMotorsports, and Tune+ are the vendors I've personally had positive results with. I can't speak for DHM or Stratified, and I don't personally like Boomba though I think their products are reputable.

That's only with a very specific product that has fairly limited value.

thank you also for this info. I'm trying to decide from which company I should purchase a RMM from. the modding community seems so large that the information overload on what to use is overwhelming. I'll probably just have to spend a weekend digging through Veeky Forums, forums, and just do research to figure out all the stuff I want to do to my ST

but I figure RMM should at least be first

Cobb is the standard, Mountune is slightly softer (but still stiffer than stock), I believe the rest of the options are stiffer than Cobb.

I have the Mountune and have been happy with it (though it's the older, yellow bushing version instead of the newer black bushing one).

RMM is the perfect first mod, very easy to install and makes quite a nice noticeable difference.

The Clio V6 came with a mid engine, RWD model
Renault 5 Turbo
all Subaru hatchbacks
Polo R
Golf R
nu Focus RS

Is the Suzuki swift 2016 good? It claims 134hp but at 6900rpm, that sounds pretty high. Also 2016 comes with lateral security bars and 6 airbags. Also claims the suspension it's better than an average hot hatch like the yaris, fit, Río.

Very enjoyable to drive, very fun. Possibly one of the best hot hatches out there. And this is coming from a Clio III RS driver, which is widely accepted as the best hot hatch to drive of all time.

it is highly rated among people who have driven LOTS of cars

Veeky Forums gives it a lot of shit, but for the money new, there really isn't anything that competes

In the US there isn't much that competes. In Europe though, there's loads of shit

Love shitting on you bitches in my m3. Cya at the next set of lights bitch bois.

>fwd
might as well ride the bus
come back when you get a real car

>Fiesta

Why does no one ever talk about the alternatives?

Because they're not as good.
Also the Fiesta is the only one the US gets.

I have an Astina BJ
Bretty gud

>tfw low oil
>replace valve cover gasket
>low oil
>do oil change and top up oil
>LOW FUCKING OIL
WAKE ME UP INSIDE

That's cool, I won't deny the M3 is a great car. But a good one would cost more than 5 times my car.

Pic is mine.

Ask anything. Thinking of getting Fast FC04 wheels for it. Can someone please photoshop them on a Black Golf R?

I have the older one. ~125bhp at 7200rpm so 134 isn't too far off. Suspension on mine is brilliant, but it goes through front tyres quite quickly. Prone to lift off oversteer if you're hooning it around corners or roundabouts, especially in the wet. Good tyres make the car, had no-names on it when I first bought it, moved onto Falken Ziex ZX914 and eventually Yokohama S-Drives for a slightly more comfortable ride.

Can't say how it compares to the Clio etc as I haven't driven one but I'm considering either the Renaultsport Clio or Fiesta ST next if I get another hot hatch and I'd hope those handled as well as the Swift.

Oh hello