Redpill me on supercars

redpill me on supercars

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/here-s-why-you-should-never-buy-a-ferrari-f355-1706976075
youtube.com/watch?v=8qCze1j1des
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fast. Generally good looking, not particularly reliable or convenient. No one on Veeky Forums can afford one.

They break down a lot and are very expensive to repair.

you can get a used ferrari/lambo for under $80k, that's less than the cost of a mortgage.

care to explain their reliability in depth? Most have under 20k miles, so surely reliability wouldn't be an issue.

No, yes.

why are there so many clueless retards on Veeky Forums now?
what happened?

Italian super cars have a habit of randomly catching on fire
they're reliable, until they're not.
Repairs cost a fortune.

Yes you can get a used one for an alright price, but if you have any issues with it, you'll be out a lot of money fast

They serve no purpose.

>what is an M5

jalopnik.com/here-s-why-you-should-never-buy-a-ferrari-f355-1706976075

They're super.

Check out superspeedersrob on youtube, he has various videos on what breaks down on his cars and their costs.

youtube.com/watch?v=8qCze1j1des

They're a very expensive toy. If you can afford it why not?

you can probably get a gtr on the cheap side, that's classed as a super car but with that being said, i think you can make some cars super anyways such as the tt supra and for far cheaper too.

Just buy a 911 already

>that's classed as a super car
is it? it might be fast as fuck but it doesn't have the prestige or style of one

I'd say the GTR is in a category just under supercars along with the Corvette and Viper. Giant killers.

Seconded. Snek 4 lyf

Expensive, elegant, luxurious, superb performance, excellent handling, eye-candy, status, and POWER.

HOWEVER. . . . . they're virtually impractical as a daily driver and most people I meet up at supercar meets don't drive them everyday, only on special occasions because:
1) They absolutely HATE going slow in a super car.
2) Shitty roads
3) Usually can't see shit

Therefore, they're amazing piece of hardware but should be kept in where it belongs; on the track.

People who buy these cars and don't even bring them on track are simply dumbasses. Their mentality of owning one of the super cars but don't "race" with them on a track is simply [HEY GUYS LOOK AT ME].

So yeah.

>2) Shitty roads
This so much.
I live in SoCal and I see a shitload of Lambos, Ferraris, Mclarens, etc... on the streets. The neighborhood I live in has a shitload of shitty streets and I know there are potholes everywhere.

>See a spoiled kid in his dad's lambo
>Has a chick next to him
>He looks at my car (09 M3)
>He revs
>I rev
>Green light
>I accelerate normally
>He accelerates fast as heck
>He hits a pot hole
>bang

I drove away and smiled as I looked at the rear view mirror.

The mentality of owning a super car is about owning a more exclusive car than your neighbors - "Keeping up with the Jones". Super car owners trade in their cars every year or two to keep up with the latest, while hyper car owners are all about having an exclusive car in their collection. Ferrari's business model of only selling their hyper cars to "invited" owners plays into this... owners have to buy their way up the ladder.

It's about owning the car, not driving the car.

Neither does the 911. They are too common to hold much prestige among the wealthy. Porsche buy them to drive them.

The funniest is how the 911 always just works. Again, proof the 911 is not a true super car.

They look cool in pictures, but in real life, at least until a decade ago, they had absolute shit quality.
Basically stuff was done/assembled by hand, which sounds super nice except that stitches fall apart, panels everywhere are mismatched or are flimsy, the engine falls apart after 1k, tranny kills itself because you drive too slow, or because you drive too fast, oil leaks everywhere, you can't see shit, your ass is in pain, etc.

From experience:
Porsche started the trend of making supercars you could live with, but even then Porsches tried to kill you until the 90s when they got less scary thanks to better TC. I've been in an 80s turbo and it's awesome but the interior is like an MKII Golf. Also a 90s and 00s carrera and they are very nice but everyone has one, quality is top notch, I didn't like the center console.

Ferraris are nice and they started being more livable in the 360 modena era. I've been in a modena and it's cool but it's one of the most sold ones so it's not that special, they break down often too. I've also been in a Dino and they are kinda shitty desu, it's always being repaired. I think the coolest one I've seen is a white Testarossa.

Lambos are cool obviously but before Audi they had shit quality and after they feel like a modded TT inside, the first Gallardo especially which is the only one I've driven. I sat in a Countach and it's awesome but I hated the American mandated bumpers.

The R8 looks and feels really good inside, but imo it looks gadgety af, which some people love but I personally dislike. Didn't drive it.

>excellent handling
Fuck no, that's only recently. Before, a lot of supercars competed on top speed mostly, they weren't really about laptimes like >muh nurburgring record now that every is so fond of today.

Literally what I just said

An M5 is not a supercar.

Here comes the bitching...

>Neither does the 911. They are too common to hold much prestige among the wealthy.
You buy it to drive it, not impress knownothing new money.
>The funniest is how the 911 always just works. Again, proof the 911 is not a true super car.
Because it's reliable?

This channel convinced me to buy Porsche if you want a reliable supercar that you can drive every day