Why does Veeky Forums get so triggered when performance versions of American econoboxes are brought up? Like the SRT4...

Why does Veeky Forums get so triggered when performance versions of American econoboxes are brought up? Like the SRT4, SHO, and Cobalt SS. Because God knows you collectively jizz your pants over any European or Japanese equivalents.

Srt4 nah, turbo ss doe

It's just shitposters. Ignore it. They love to benchrace hot shitboxes.

I wish we had these things in Australia.

It's a grocery getter, it's wrong-wheel drive and it probably looks a little ricey too. But it's still going to try taking me on at the lights. And again at the next set, and again, and again.

What isn't to love?

fwd

The ST twins are the new hot meme cars on Veeky Forums and everyone loves them

The cars you listed are just shit

>FWD
>performance

>and everyone loves them
No.
People that have an IQ over 50 know they are poorly built trash

>fwd
>performance

>performance
>fwd

Daily reminder the Cobalt SS Turbo is STILL the fastest and best handling FWD car you can buy in America.

>slap a turbo on a 4 banger econobox
>factory body kit
OMG performance!

Sounds like what ricers should've done. Add a little more bite to their shitboxes.

>faster than mazdaspeed 3
>faster than wrx
>faster than a 350z with a factory tune
>faster than a s2000
>faster than an Mrs evo
>all while being cheaper

It's not that simple. All the American performance econoboxes, from the SRT4 to the Cobalt had many modifications over normal cars.
The Cobalt for example. The Cobalt SS had a different:
>engine
>transmission
>brakes
>shifter
>sway bars
>rear axle
>struts/shocks
>springs
>control arms
>ball joints
>seats
>gauges
>performance features like no-lift-shift

>something something "ignition switch"
>something something "takata airbags"
>something something "cobalt a shit deal with it"
>something something "no u"

Just getting this out the way just in case.

good man. The argument has been getting annoying. All cars have faults. The Cobalt is still a fantastic car.

Veeky Forums is literally a NEET weeb orgy. Only nip and europoor cars are allowed to be good cars. Nevermind the fact that the vast majority of them are absolute garbage.

This skyline right here? Literally the best car ever made. That cobalt is awful tho

Because they're not hothatches and you guys don't seem to grasp the concept of a cheap, light, well handling car.

>you guys don't seem to grasp the concept of a cheap, light, well handling car.
see:

Is this the recipe to make a sports car out of any econobox?

The SRT4 is awful though. The build quality of a Dodge, a higher-perfomance engine bolted to a Dodge transmission, and the reliability that comes with the Dodge nameplate.

Dodge is (literally now) America's Fiat.

The only people who give a shit about hot hatches are FiST/FoST owners and that one Yuropoor tripfag.

I can tell you didnt own one. The only thing dodgw about the Srt-4 Neon was the body. Everything else was MIstubishi

>Everything else was MIstubishi
Which makes it much much worse.

Pearl Harbor was an inside job.

Nah. It was a bunch of Japs that were suicidal over how shitty Mitsubishi is and wanted a good way to commit suicide.

Because Veeky Forums is full of euros and self hating americans that want to be euros or japs, therefore all american cars are shit.

>The only thing dodgw about the Srt-4 Neon was the body. Everything else was MIstubishi

No. The Neon was all Dodge. You're thinking of the Dodge CALIBER SRT4, which was HEAVILY related to the Lancer Evolution X, minus the AWD (it literally bolts right in), and a 2.4L Turbo instead of a 2.0L Turbo.

>faster
>you just have to give up build quality and equipment

Japan was an inside job.

Literally bolt in the rear suspension, propshaft, the Ev's transmission, and do a computer reflash and it's basically a better looking Lancer Evo X hatchback.

Everyone wants what they can't have, dude.

>better looking

agree to disagree

>when you look up these "performance" cars and they have less than 350kw

>wrong wheel drive
Shitposrer please

>slap a turbo on a 4 banger econobox
What's wrong with making the highest output 4-cylinder engine in production

I like how the Caliber looks over the Evo X. But I still think they're both hideous.

BTW, I remember this ad and thought it was hysterical.

What does that even mean

Anyway
American top trim performance fwd lacks the style and grace of stuff that came out if Honda and Toyota

That's the point. It's something the purists will stamp their feet and bellow about as it passes Miatas and 86es and goes on to try chasing our V8 landbarges.

>being disgusting Australian scum

Fuck you, not only is it FWD but it's heavy as shit. And it's got dogshit GM parts and ideology behind it instead of based Honda

I wish I had a Cobalt ss or Saturn ion redline to blow out rwd and jdmfags alike but I live in America and those cars just don't exist here

>not mentioning contour svt
what the hell is wrong with you?

It's a cool car but it didn't really catch on.

It's a steaming pile of GM shit and all you can see are the taillights. Isn't it infuriating?

Could this be fixed?

they said performance cars, user.

No. it's hopeless.

If it's the 4 banger yes, they can take boost

Tangentially related:

can you tune a non-srt4 dodge neon?
is it a good idea?

no

The turbo ss is almost entirely different apart from shape than the regular cobalt. The only fault the car has is the interior is rental car tier

because the srt4 and the cobalt SS are shit

it isnt

its shit

deal wit it

>Daily reminder the Cobalt SS Turbo is STILL the fastest and best handling FWD car you can buy in America.

daily reminderthat is irrelevant because it is a piece of shit

How so?

HEY! Meme guy is here! The thread is now complete.

you can only see the tailights because its the only part left intact after it smahes againts an electrical pole after shutting itself off

>neon
terrible build quality, engine isnt that good
>cobalt
lol shuts off
HEY! cobalt fangirl is here, thread is now complete

>you can only see the tailights because its the only view you'll get when it leaves you in the dust
FTFY

>it explodes like those fancy German supershitboxes lmao my 90's Civic is objectively and subjectively superior

Fuck off, retard.

the only thing left in the dust is going to be the smashed piece of shit cobalt after its sent to the junkyard

ftfy

>assmad the cobalt is a piece of shit

lol

>90's Civic is objectively and subjectively superior

lol it is

any car is superior to the piece of shit cobalt

You lost to a cobalt now it's your lifes work to let everyone know how ass blasted you are

>pretending
yeah, shame GM """engineers""" in charge of the ignition swtch were actually retarded

the only thing you can lose to a cobalt is your life after it turns off, crashes, and explodes

luckly such pieces of shit were not sold in my country

The engineers told GM to change it. The beancounters said no.
This is why accountants shouldn't run the show.

too bad that laptime is fake

>luckly such pieces of shit were not sold in my country
I beg to differ. Meet the Cobalt's direct sister car, sold everywhere else. Completely unrelated engine, but still a 2.0L turbo make 240 HP.

or rather, thats why you dont buy GM products

Yeah. Give it the Tau V8 out of the Genesis 5.0 (pointed the proper direction, of course) and lower it with a neon-on-black paint job.

"Not nice to meet you, Cobalt's direct sister"

I guarantee it was sold in your country under some brand.

don't remember me that

remind*

It's been sold under Chevrolet, Holden, Vauxhall and Saturn worldwide. The performance variant wasn't available everywhere, but the Astra was. In America, it was 140 HP 1.8L only.

Fug :-DD

>The performance variant
>140hp

>I have never heard of the Integra

Great car but slow as fuck in a straight line even the GSR is slow

Wow those come in FWD?

The performance variant had 240 HP you retard. 140 HP was the normal version.

and THIS is the performance variant's engine.

>Cobalt SS Turbo is STILL the fastest and best handling
The Integra handles better.

>performance
>240 HP

>2800 lbs
>240 HP
That's a fucking fast car dipshit.

you mean like every jap car people jerk off about on here?

lbs
HP
>That's a fucking fast car

Daily reminder that being the fastest FWD car in like winning the special olympics. Even if you're number one you're still physically disabled.

>Cobalt
>handicapped
Yup. And still able to beat you with both hands tied behind its back.

Hey! And Infiniti G35 with 2 turbos thrown at it and a really ugly body kit!

Oh don't worry I wouldn't be caught dead in an Evo.

>supercar

>doesn't post car
>thinks he can shit post and benchrace

>NSX
>Supercar
Z4M, you know, the one that turns and goes. Friend has an Evo X, garbage ass car. Absolute unreliable shit with fisher price interior. No thanks.

The more I think about it the more sense it makes. Import a manual V36 and twin turbo it.