Thoughts on the tC?

Thoughts on the tC?

Other urls found in this thread:

pressroom.scion.com/releases/limited scion monogram series frs tc.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

reliable, fun and decently quick. Avoid 2005-2010 models as the 2.4L engine was shit. 2011+ got the 2.5L that's MUCH better.

Screams tryhard boyracer and will get beaten by minivans

Sporty looking econobox. Retarded insurance premium.

Not a Celica successor.

comes riced from the factory, slow, wrong wheel drive. you'll be very disappointed if you expect anything but an economy car.

The Scion TC is the FWD equivalent of it's time to our current BRZ/GT86 boyracers.

Also what this guy said.

So does the FR-S or BRZ

Looks write checks it's performance can't cash. Same as the toyobaru.

Could've had a v8 for the price though.

Shit interior.
Girl car.
Ugly rear.
Shit resale value.

It's a good car. Veeky Forums just hates it because it isn't a proper sports car.

>Easy to maintain interior
>Girls will love your car
>Practical hatchback design
>Great affordability for used car buyer

Fixed

Meant to quote

2 door Corolla

Two door corolla with insurance more expensive than an FRS

A decent car, but a failed attempt at making a new Celica.

look at dem itty bitty toddler brakes, those brakes tell you all you need to know about it. Complete and total ricer trash.

The tC is not the FWD equivalent to toybaru. Toybaru handles well and is actually fun to drive

Camry with a bodykit

except the Corlla doesn;t have a 2.5L engine or a double wishbone rear suspension.

The ONLY thing it shares with the Camry is the engine. hardly makes it a Camry with a body kit.

I wonder how much of a difference these performance parts would make

Really pricey though, but I guess it's nice knowing it's all under warranty.

gay as fuck. I can't think of one redeeming quality on these pieces of shits. Slow, FWD, ugly. People who drive them are faggots most of the time too.

JUST

They are discontinuing these garbage cars, and for good reason too. They were initially a bare bones car for poverty ridden countries in South America, but dipshit baby boomers ended up buying a lot of them because they were one of the few cars that offered a base model (along with the fact that boomers are fucking retarded).

>$28k
Lmfao pls spare my sides.

You're thinking of the xD and xB, boomers don't drive the tC.

>They were initially a bare bones car for poverty ridden countries in South America
They were never sold there though. The only places it was ever sold was in America as the Scion tC and in the middle east as the Toyota Zelas.

BTW. the Scion tC is the only one being officially killed in the move to Toyota.

it's an econobox that they added slight rice to

but it's still an econobox

You could probably buy a slightly used tC for under 13k they don't hold their value for shit

Add those upgrades and you have a capable car

I hope Toyota brings the Celica back, they would have no problems selling that nameplate again.

I bought a tc with 40k miles for 3 grand. They are pieces of shits lol.

Last gen tCs are trash

Current gen ones have a good chassis and suspension setup

i honestly don't like the look of the new body style, specifically the back half of the cab, i don't like the weird square/triangular shape, if they rounded it out or something like that then it might look better, but the rest of the car doesn't look that bad, just that rear passenger window shit just rustles my jimmies

That's what makes the back seats usable tho. Remember, this is supposed to be a practical coupe with usable rear seats and a hatch.

word has it they WERE working on a third generation tC so we shall see. The tC did directly replace the Celica after all.

Neat, mine came loaded for $23k

>mine came loaded
You do know that, ignoring aftermarket accessories, ALL tC's are loaded, right? The only options are color choice and transmission. Everything else is standard equipment. If you paid over 20k for an automatic with no aftermarket accessories, you overpaid. Manuals have a 19k MSRP.

>leather seats
>navigation
>""""""""spoiler"""""""
>rice tail lights
And some other shit I'm forgetting

all standard equipment.

so what's a good alternative to the TC?

I have one now and fucking hate paying the insurance, it's ridiculously high for how much the vehicle costs.

>leather is standard
No

This is why the FWD coupe market is dead

make a coupe version of the Scion iA, something its target demographic could actually afford with their part time job in college.

t.Cuck

pressroom.scion.com/releases/limited scion monogram series frs tc.htm

Volkswagen Beetle
Fiat 500 Abarth
Mini Cooper
Honda Civic Si coupe

That's pretty much it. The coupe market tanked pretty hard in the early 2000's

While we're on the subject of fwd coupes, I always liked these.

jesus that's slim pickins

Is the insurance for the toyobaru actually cheaper? There are tons in my area under 18k, I'd much rather have one of those and deal with premium gas and have something that handles better than a FWD slushbox

either that or I'm going to have to seriously check out the Si

What about the RSX?

I pay 1400/yr to insure a toyobaru and CRV, it's not that expensive if your record is clean

mine isn't lol

I got a ticket going 26 over

I guess it's time for a used prius then

Dont forget the Veloster

get a joint policy with a parent or some old person

>Drakeposting

should've been a corolla and only come in 4 doors

Plz bring back the Celica , Yota plz

It's ugly; a boy racer's Camry.

A proper Celica would have been better, but Toyota's gonna Toyote.

Too old

No.

>bring back the Celica
>put a 2.whatever out of a Corolla and the V6 from teh Camry in it
>TRD supercharger on the performance variant (I hesitate to call it the GT4 but w/e)
>proper liftback hatch and decent styling
>????
>profit

They won't though as they have the BR86 twins taking up the small/medium sporty category.

The 86 is literally a rwd celica.

This is all trash
You morons who spend days whining over the Celica have no idea what the fuck you're on about.

1: The tC platform is the same platform as the Corolla. The V6 WILL NOT FIT.
2: The GT4 was originally a rare, LOW PRODUCTION, homologation model for racing. It will never exist again, so stop whining about it
3: >a proper liftback. The tC is a proper lift back and the styling isn't bad.
4: and I can't stress this enough. THE tC IS A PROPER CELICA! 90% of all Celica's sold were FWD liftbacks with lower power numbers. The first tC managed to split the power difference of the 2000-2005 Celicas. Celica GT's had 140 HP, GTS's had 180 HP. The first tC had 160 HP. Then the 2011 redesign gave it 180 HP and you fucking weebs go on about how it doesn't rev to the moon. It doesn't have to you fucking tards

5: There IS hope in the future for a proper performance Celica. Toyota was working on a third generation tC. What they could be doing is killing off the tC nameplate and bringing the third gen tC out as the new Celica. Now why should this give you hope? Well, toyota has recently released a new 2.0L Turbo, the 8AR-FTS for the new Lexus NX200t, IS200t, GS200t, RX200t, and RC200t. The new 2.0L is a 2.0L variant of the current tC's 2.5L, but with a turbo, and makes 235-241 HP. So it will fit in the new tC/Celica rather easily. A new Celica powered by the current tC's 2.5L in base trim, and the 2.0L Turbo in GTS trim would be great.

>oh boo hoo. tC is not a Celica GT4
fuck off retard

Calm down its just a post.

looks like an even more retarded FRS

I'm sick of the morons on Veeky Forums claiming the tC isn't a 'proper' Celica.
So it's not an AWD turbocharged GT-Four. Big fucking deal. Doesn't mean it's a bad car.

On one hand I really like it

But I can't shake the feeling that I'd be judged as a boy racer anywhere I go with it

>Hyundai
Lol

>memes
Lol

The Veloster is literal shit though. And that's before the fact they lied in the promotional brochure about it being the first 3 door coupe.