Autotragic Fun

Hello Veeky Forums. I just wanted yall's advice on how to drift in autotragics. Stories welcome. Btw im starting to train for autocross if it helps in contexts.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/v1KLNiSPF1s
youtu.be/2bmqdnx5R1U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hektik neutral drops m8

rev in neutral like BAM BAM BAM BAM
then slam it in D for maximum respeck

scandanavian flick

I feel like doing this would fuck up my transmission.

This, just shift the weight around.

>Scandanavian flick
? Instructions please.

Steer towards the outside of the corner, then yank the wheel towards the inside. You'll (hopefully) fling the car to face inwards and transfer the car's weight outwards to get it sliding from its own inertia.

So a feint opposite to turn direction before turn?

youtube is your friend.
basically when about to enter a corner, throw the wheel in the opposite direction and stab throttle, let off throttle and bring steering into corner, then back on throttle.
>youtu.be/v1KLNiSPF1s
>youtu.be/2bmqdnx5R1U

Also if you don't know scandi flicks I question the car you chose, please tell me you have a FWD with a twist beam rear and not some honda with all corners on wishbones.
Macpherson > dbl wish for rally, and FWD > RWD in rally.
Also look into bumpsteer if you have a solid rear axle.

Ok. Thankyou very much everybody. Very helpful advice. Hopefully neither i or my car become fucked.

I got an na z32.
Fuck me, right?

Get a manual swap

derp, ignore what I said about the bumpsteer (unless surface sucks) FWD, and rear suspension; I thought you said rallyX

You should be fine with a RWD with IRS in autoX

Also you probably don't need to scandi flick, you'll just lose time, it's more appropriate for loose surfaces.
You'll end up hitting cones, looking like a tryhard/showoff, and an idiot at autoX if you try and drift around corners.

lol @ this thread
this truly is one of the worst boards.

Ah ok. I just assumed drifting was the way to go. I had gone to one to see how they drove and the y were doing tame drifts. But i guess ill just practice and see whats quicker. What would give me the best time on autox or in any kind of turn?

Whats so funny, friend?

Then why did RWD cars win the WRC from 1973-1984?

There was a four way stop next to my high school where all the guys in pickups would do skids in the rain on their way home. It was pretty fun since people would be lined up behind you and watching as like a dozen trucks drifted the corner.

There weren't many fwd cars entered

those that were had smaller engines than RWD counterparts

There were no AWD competitors

Going around the track faster than anyone else.

Because FWD wasn't as prominent in the 70s and 80s genius.

Good tires, good brakes, knowing which gear to be in (Since you're auto this will be a little more difficult and you'll usually be pretty high into 2nd/3rd and have to keep it out of D or OD), and dropping weight (Yourself) and the cars (Anything besides what the driver needs out of the car) lack of accessories (AC), reducing unsprung weight (Lighter wheels), smaller wheels (Faster acceleration), thicker sway bars (check enthusiast forums and you might be able to find something from the junkyard to scavenge for cheap: I can use Chrysler/Dodge minivan sway bars on my car, and they're only $40 a pop at a pick a part) and some decent suspension

practice practice practice.
They also might not have been drifting, just getting a bit of oversteer.

Yeah drifting is slow. The car goes fastest when the wheels are pushing it in the same direction it's going.

Is this a Celica.. ?

drifting only gets you around turns faster if you can't maintain traction - the drift at that point helps you vector acceleration towards where you want to go and helps use the sidewalls to decelerate in the non desired direction

but the only situation this occurs in is rallying on gravel

Z32 for australian team