Is this a good budget electric impact wrench

harborfreight.com/12-in-Heavy-Duty-Electric-Impact-Wrench-68099.html

Other urls found in this thread:

milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2762-22
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7ORqBtHVM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>harbor freight
>ever

I bought one because I didnt wanna get caught lackin by the opps, but you can use to unscrew things like a bitch

Nigger I'm a broke college kid I can't afford Giorgio Armani tools and shit. I just want decent quality tools that will last me a couple years with light use for 1-2 projects on my car a month.

I just picked up a Milwaukee 18v cordless impact.

Ho Lee Shit. It kicks ass. I'll never go back to some HF POS after that.

milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2762-22

I've yet to find anything it can't take off though I have had it instantly destroy some really seized bolts I didn't give enough heat/PB blaster.

This. Milwaukee makes the best battery tools.

>$400

Nigger I can't afford that. I don't care for cordless either.

>techtronic industries
>good
Pick one.

So which multinational conglomerate would you suggest?

A breaker bar and some fucking elbow grease, faggot.

Never buy anything from HF that has electrcitiy flowing through it.
98% of it is trash

Every single electric item I bought from them lasted maybe 3-5 uses.

Electric extension cords fall apart
lights break
tools stop working

would not recommend.

the only thing that lasted me was a timing light (which I replaced once already)
a heat gun, which is only stuck in one mode
and garage lights that break every 2 years, and which bulbs are shit, and their ceramic breaks.
I manged to get a nice dewalt impact kit for end of life sale for $200 a while ago. find something like that

Bosch and Dewalt are their own companies still.

>Dewalt

they're owned by Stanley Black & Decker. plus they're chink garbage now

harbor freight sells really good floor jacks and hand tools ( especially for the money )

that's about it

always worked for me

they are also good for buying the one time use tool, even electric.

$16 for a heat gun to roll your fenders is a good deal.

Nobody has died from them yet?

a friend of mine said one failed on him, but it showed warning signs.

At the same time I had a $320 Craftmans aluminum jack go bad on me after just over a year of use, while a HF one has been going strong for almost 8 years

fuck yeah they do, I got a set of crow's feet for ten bucks. I'll use them maybe once or twice a year, but they're indispensable when you need 'em

HF floor jacks are well known to be quality built and last well over a decade so long as you take care of it.

And not leave it under a car for days on end as well.

No
god no
I got one thinking it was, the switch on it breaks and the gun won't go into reverse and you simply cannot get a replacement switch. I got maybe a dozen uses from it before it bit the dust.

I left mine jacked up for 2 weeks while I waited for parts. Didnt sag an inch.

honestly this OP
Save up and buy decent tools. A quality tool will last more than your lifetime. At some point don't you want to hand your son that very same wrench and tell him "now you take good care of that, after all these years it took good care of me"

I've got that exact one. See that round thing with the slot in it? It likes to vibrate out and then the wrench won't work but you can stick it back in. I ended up putting a piece of gorilla tape over it and it works fine.

That's "MSRP"

Nothing ever sells for "MSRP." Notice how every shirt at Kohls is always 70% off? These impacts are usually half that depending on where you get them or if it came in a kit. I got mine for 2something.

pic related.

very nice.

I have one, it's completely gutless.

yes, its a great tool

and coincidentially, HF makes a better air impact. its actually the best in the industry
better than snap on or anyone else

it turns out, tools are just simple overrated devices using technology which is over 8x older than anyone here

Who /ryobi/ here?

Got a lot of their gear and for fucking around with shit at home I can't see the point of spending any more money.

I liked Ryobi better when they were blue

I use Ryobi. I've been impressed.

I'm the guy who sells this shit at home depot

just buy a ryobi one, like says, they're not the best but they're cheap and better than harbor freight garbage

I don't have the full size impact but I bought the 5 tool set and I like all of it so far.

Except the reciprocating tool. Not sure what the fuck I would use it for.

the sawzall or the little multitool thing?

Multitool thing.

This Buy once, cry once. Deals can be had by finding equivalents, sale hunting and searching for used tools. Good example would be that Snap-On buys tools with their name stuck on them from various individual makers of other tools. Same factory, same machines, but if you get the other name it's the same good quality tool at a better price.
As someone who has spent years buying up cheap tools because it's what I could afford, it isn't worth it. I end up paying more when my cheap multimeter breaks yet again and I have to replace it yet again versus what it would have cost me for a good Fluke in the first place that would probably last me a lifetime.

It has interchangeable tool-heads, there's different attachments you can buy for it like a jigsaw, angle drill, angle impact driver, etc. Not too useful for working on cars most of the time, but yeah

I know, just this particular one they include with it. What the fuck is this for? It won't cut anything I have tried to cut with it. Might buy the jigsaw head for it though

I think the blade it comes with is only for wood

This shit right here is the baddest motherfucker on the market. It breaks shit loose my coworkers' snap on guns wont.

>325 lb in a 3/8 gun.

it's just a dewalt in drag

>electric
>not pneumatic

who else is disgusted by this?

>$22

don't you have to use limbs for that shit?

You shouldn't be working on your car.
Pay a man to do it.
Or alternatively save your fucking money, buy the shit you actually need and stop bolting chink parts on to your ricer.

>needing an xbox hueg compressor to turn a bolt
fuck that. If you aren't using it professionally, buy an electric driver.

this nigger knows whats up

kek. I'd rather pay $130 australian dollarydoos for something that will crack 99% of nuts I can throw at it than having to spend $300+ just for an aircompressor that will run my expensive pneumatic impact wrench

snap-on or IR electric impact here

bru plz

My brother has one in our garage.
doesn't have enough power to unbolt nuts on my corolla.
dropped it
now only has 1 speed.
0/10

$200 pham

Makita/Bosch or fuck off.

I used a breaker bar to take everything apart on my car, even though I have an impact. You don't really need one, but it nice to have.

If you're on a budget, just buy a breaker bar.
If I need extra leverage, I just take the handle bar off my Harbor Freight hydraulic jack and slip it over the bar.

LOL, no.

youtube.com/watch?v=-b7ORqBtHVM

It's a dewalt with twin 88mm turbos. It has literally over twice the torque of a dewalt.

As someone who works for tti, Milwaukee is still it's own corp within the company and does its own r&d manufacturing and distribution.

It's ryobi rigid and crapsman that share the most internal parts and design

>harborfreight.com

Be careful if it is an electric product that can cause problems if it malfunctions on you. I bought a cheap multi-outlet extension cord. I didn't go over power but had a hair dryer on it. The cord outlet started smelling after awhile and it was overheating already. So I threw it away. It's a good thing that I didn't use that extension cord on anything that was unattended or else I'd have a house fire. It's already been a good deep scare for me. I will not have HF gear unattended and powered. Ever. The UL and CSA stamps mean nothing from a country that routinely does bait and switch by sending in a different product for UL, CSA, or FCC certification than it creates on the production line.

UL and CSA protection stamps don't matter on chinese items. That is because the product they sent to UL or CSA for certification is not necessarily the same one they are manufacturing. Or several months into production, they have a "product improvement" whose only change was to make the product cheaper so that the profit is larger. However, in the process of making the altered product (and not resubmitting for UL or CSA certification again), the safety margin in the product is gone.

If you use harborfreight (or even a lot of cheap chinese-made) electrical products unattended, you run the risk of your home burning down.

I have that wrench. It's low on power compared to a nice wrench but paired with a torch and pb blaster it's unstoppable. I broke a 25 year old crank pulley bolt using one.

I can't get fucking lug nuts off with these half the god damn time.

If you want an electric impact on the cheap, get pic related. Got the total kit for 70 bucks 4 years ago over fathers day and it has been abused and beats and put away wet. Has yet to fail me and I actually bought another on sale just to have a second one for when I have a friend over to help wrench and to keep in my car because factory tire tools suck. Sure, the Milwaukee is a better tool in a few ways, but if you are looking at Harbor Freight, just get the C3. It will get the job done everytime.

Fucking this.

Hair dryers use a TON of amperage

I have the opposite experience.
Then again, my tools get stolen too often, so if I lose a cheap wrench idgaf.
As for power and electric tools, harbor freight is alright, but its bottom tier. Go on Craigslist and find old tools. Usually older tools can be repaired

Why would you give your tools away like that, make him get his own tools christ

i honestly prefer using manual wrenches over impacts

You can buy a 20 gallon 3 hp 7 cfpm compressor, plus a used snap on air impact, for like $150...

My dewalt is 440 lbs. But I work in hardware so I got it at 40% of msrp

It does most of the shit I do.

>Snap on
>Not Ingersoll-Rand

It works. Not sure how long they last but I've used mine twice to get off axle nuts that hadn't been touched in 15 years. Not even getting my 300 pound friend to jump on a breaker bar could get those fuckers out so it can't be terrible.

In high school my buddy bought one of these a garage sale for 10 bucks, and we used it to build demolition derby cars, put a lift on his jeep, and generally beat the shit out of for about 2 or 3 years. It worked great and was definitely worth it even though it eventually fell apart.

A breaker bar will probably be more useful, but if you want it, fuck everyone else, just go buy it. If it breaks, take it back. They'll replace it.

I have one of these, it's pretty kickass.

This thread is cuck as fuck, electric impacts blow. The IR 2135timax is the only 1/2" impact worth talking about. Electric impacts are for the type of people that think spraying the head of a bolt with expensive penetrating oil they ordered online actually does something, and when their weak asses can't take a lugnut off they blame the last guy for "overtightening" it.

>hurrr tools for the home handyman are built to a price
>implying battery nail guns aren't for retards anyway
>hurrrr I don't understand warranty

this cunt is a dead set retard. If it's you, literally kill yourself.

>australia
>those specs
>$150

lolno

Backing this up. We had these at the shop I used to work at, and beat the fuck out of them all day every day. We had to buy new batteries every year or two, but that's only because we were draining and charging them daily.

He's actually far better off in life than you are, fuccboi. He explains how that shit warranty goes down for most situations, you bring in the item, store won't touch it if it's out of it's 30/60/90 day period and tell you to talk to the manufacture. Call the manufacture, they'll tell you to ship it to them, and with the battery tools they want the whole kit, not just any one thing, the tool, batteries, etc; it came with when purchased, and you foot the bill to ship.

Go be retarded elsewhere fuccboi, you'd know any of this if you actually wrenched or had to be the one to take back a tool rather than crying to daddy you broke his torque wrench using it as a breaker bar when replacing your stancemobile tires.

>He's actually far better off in life than you are

Please, tell me more about his life and mine. I'd love to know how you have access to this information.

> He explains how that shit warranty goes down for most situations

No he has a cry about it even though it's normal throughout every industry for a lot of stuff (no, not all. Thought I'd stop you before you go on your autismal rant).

wow the projection at the end of your post is beyond pathetic.

Please take a time stamped pic of your garage, tools and car right now.

If your next post doesn't contained those pics, fuck off infant.

It's pretty good. It's only failed to take something off once, I ended up cutting off the axle nut. Took the other sides axle nut right off in a couple seconds. I really only used it for that and to take tires off but it has lasted me over a year now.

I'm basically in the same situation, poor college kid. Ive bought plenty of tools from them and have never had a problem. Reading things here has made me a bit paranoid so i would always buy jacks and stands that were for way more weight then what my car weighs. Only advice i can give is to go in the store and open the box to look at what you're buying and decide if it's shit or not.