RALLY THREAD

post rally pics, discuss rally, fuck FIA for kiling the sport etc. I'll be dumping some of mine from my folder

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OCRv1kM9YLc&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=yqQwH_Qj1x0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the Statos cutaway for rhe user last thread

Thanks buddy

no problem man

>tfw fwd

We need FIA to allow Group B rally once again...

I want more RWD action too.

have some oc

NO
GIVE US ONE FUCKING THREAD YOU ASSHOLE

Is that a diorama? Looks really awesome, do you have more pics like this?

Out of all the crazy Pikes Peak cars, this just has to be the best. The Tacoma is a close second though

It could be done. Pretty much the only reason it was shut down is because of the crashes resulting in some tragic deaths, they were forced to shut it down. The cars were simply too fast for the routes they were on with crowds of people only metres away from a car going sideways at 150. Search it up, there is some truly disturbing footage of people literally leaping out of the way just before the car hit them. I have no idea why nothing was done about it but imagine being one of the drivers, should you slow down, risking the time, or run some idiot fuck over because he wanted a nice snap of the thing that nearly killed him. Even if they did start something like that again it would only end up like the current F1 fiasco.

Add to the fact that on high speed stages the drivers are barely in control.

>The cars were simply too fast for the routes they were on with crowds of people only metres away from a car going sideways at 150. Search it up, there is some truly disturbing footage of people literally leaping out of the way just before the car hit them
So is the same in Group A.

Easy. Make cars slightly tougher with modern carbon fiber shit (even when Group B was around rally wasn't THAT dangerous. You died if you fucked up and it wasn't that common) And force pedestrians to be further away from the road and that's it.

>Olympus Rally this weekend
Fuck yeah who's gonna be there?

They're gonna show off some old group b monsters at some point for the 30th anniversary of the last time group b was ran.

heh, honestly i couldn't tell at first glance until i gave a closer look and suspect that the car's a miniature! so yeah, i guess it's diorama. wish i could finda a Tamiya model for the Stratos to build or a real one to mod. Too bad either costs a fortune or nowhere to be seen

also, dumping more escudo
it's probably more due to the spectators being dumber than the average youtube comments and they even deliberately get in the way of the cars so they could have bragging rights about avoiding them if they did. the cars themselves though were not as safe as say, group A regardless of how fast they go. Group B does seem more viable as modern engineering had made the cars much sturdier and faster than they were. that and drivers today as far as i can see are shown to handle the group B cars naturally, i don't see why they wouldn't relaunch it [spoiler]of course after they dissolve the FIA that is

>muh savefy

POLYGONS!

and a few more corollas. dunno about you guys but i loved how it looks

I plan to someday make my 74' Subaru DL look like this.

Glorious Leone

Slow ugly and riced?

Mfw thats my shitty tag i made up on instagram

Nice Impreza, you make me miss mine.

>impreza
>posting outback sports
They never will be performance cars, stop shilling

These videos are the shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=OCRv1kM9YLc&feature=youtu.be

That fuckwit must've ended up with a really great photo there.

wide angle lens m8

getting really close can give you pretty neat shots, you just have to be ready to have your feet run over

haha That's awesome. It took me also quite a bit of time to figure out it's not a real picture, just shows how much detail is within them.

I mean look at this one. If you would take the photo in such a way that you can't see the glass case around it, I'd say many people would believe that this is a real car

noice

I've just tried getting shots of some 1:43 models I've got in a makeshift mini car studio

No matter if this is a replica or not, it's still painful to watch

youtube.com/watch?v=yqQwH_Qj1x0

>the one by the end

Who still follows wrc here?

Haha I follow you

Latvala > Ogier

[spoiler]yes, even if he did fucked up in Argentina [/spoiler]

>tfw sarasota

based Latvala

What the fuck is up with that left exhaust pipe?

as far as i know, thing's probably a kit car. the guy who assembled it might've fucked up somwhere down the line

> rally
> posts Pike's Peak cars

my sides

this

>rally
>posts heavy fwd cars
My sides

Fuck yes this thread.

I'm going to a rally in PA early next month. Super excited, will post pics.

What car

Pikes peak thread?

Still have yet to see in the WRC but there are some for rallycross and smaller rally championships. I'll post the one I'm trying to see next month in a sec.

LOL
>fwd
WHEN YOU AMATEURS SHOW UP WE LAUGH AT YOU

FWD is a better drivetrain for rally. Besides which these are 4B11T powered AWD cars.

Faggot.

This is the prototype. Next I'll post the RallyX car.

it was the 80's last time a rwd car won a wrc event, 2000's for a fwd

Ayup.
Just hoping these get popular enough to incite Mitsubishi to return to rally. But who knows with the Nissan takeover.

So you admit fwd is inferior to awd? Suck my ass fags, got an outback sport (98) instead of garbage ef civic

>blacking up to blend in

How does one build a rally car outta their DD

Rollcage, racing seat, harness, fire extinguisher, an electrical cut off switch, and some dirt or snow tires. That's all you need to go out and have fun

roll cage would make it no longer a dd though right?
>tfw have takumi love for car and want to take this same one into motorsports

Also buying a new dd. Rallying in your dd is a very bad idea, parts break all the time in rally

I'll learn to wrench! I'm going to be just like you user !