BMW Discussion Thread

Okay, it posted without me commenting, OP here, just bought an e46 330i and I love it. Once I get out of college and this thing, pic related but not mine but looks the same, is paid off, I wanna get an m5. Thoughts?

Don't like mustangs. Not that they arent nice cars, just wouldnt want to own one.

The M4 GTS ran the Nurburgring in 7:27

As someone who prefers Mustangs, please fuck off.

Anyway how's the N52/N53 money-pit wise? Was thinking of picking up an E92 in a few years if I can find one that actually fits my criteria (manual, 328/330 and preferably black/RWD)

the n/a inline sixes are great

>150k vs 48-62k

Ok pal

Well I meant the car overall, just the ones with the N52/N53. The reason I ask about those specifically is I've read bad things about the 54

performance version mustang vs performance version m4. Butthurt?
The N54 is twin turbo and it did suffer some reliablility issues, the N52/52 are n/a so they are decent

>Forced induction
>BMW
Yeah I'll continue staying clear of that, there's no reason to believe the 52 or 53 would be a money pit though, right?

I plan on buying a BMW in the coming months, I'm 18, inb4 fuck off millennial. I'll be able to get one around late September due to military reasons this summer. I've been eying older M3s (2003-2005) and the 3 series (2007-2009) for the sake of my price range, no more than 17k preferably. If I can get some guidance it's greatly appreciated, I'm just getting into cars and I've always been intrigued by BMW.

You might want to start out with either a 330ci or a 530i just to learn how to work on cars. An E46 M3 is a lot for a first car.

>E46 M3

18 years old with a budget of 17k! Where do you work Im jealous haha

that's my entire point you retarded faggot, welding in a subframe reinforcement is a lot for a person to do on their first car

As a daily or as a track/weekend?
What year?
Whatre you majoring in?
This questions are vital to your response.

The subframe areas split open on all the e46s, not just the M.

I dont know a single E46 with subframe issues, and I`ve owned 2, my dad has owned one, and it`s the most popular car among my friends. It is pretty much a meme

mummy and or daddy

If this isnt a clear situation of rekking, then I dont know what is.

it happens on all of them and somewhat common.

people don't notice them until it snaps like in that above pic, they go unnoticed for years like in my pic. alot of the time you won't notice them unless you remove everything around it to check it all.