Family Car

when will the family car meme end.
whenever i look at sports coupes for sale its always some poor cuck who is being nagged by his partner to buy a boring and slow people mover because they have 2 kids. can kids not fit in the back of a coupe?

It's a pain in the ass to get small children who need to be in car seats in and out of a coupe, coupes tend to have small trunks, and eventually the kids get big enough to need leg room.

who cares if kids have leg room. they can deal with it or take the bus

Yeah, who cares if people are uncomfortable on long road trips?

I've been 6' since I was 14. Nobody that tall is going to willingly go very far in the back seat of a Mustang.

You know, sometimes people care about their cars being comfy, not just muh racekar.

it's sadder to cram your kids in a coupe than it is to have a proper sized car for them

if you can't afford your kids, the coupe and the van .. then don't have kids

unless you like looking like a retarded cuckold

>can kids not fit in the back of a coupe?
not legally

Lots of coupes have rear seats. There's a S-class coupe for god's sake.

Seems like a good excuse to get a truck. Then you can get an actual race car.

>when will the family car meme end
Better question:
Will it ever begin?, because that would so ghey.

Why don't those guys just buy sporty sedans?

Gotta remember the kind of poorfags on this board. A truck and a small car would cost more than their hovels.

Dunno familia, you mean cucks that rush to buy a minivan because they're waiting for the first child? Because I've seen this happen, more than once.

The real meme is needing a big ass van and never anything smaller.

It's a family. You have two drivers. One gets a truck for large purhcases, the other can get a sedan, and the sedan can be as fast as they want despite the extra two doors.

The funny thing is they usually all own cars worth a lot more than mine, even when I'm driving purpose-built single seaters. A brand new kia sportage or similar bargain basement lifted minivan-i mean "suv" that all baby-happy people seem to buy these days costs many thousands of dollars more than what it costs to get into quite a few different amateur racing classes be it sports cars, single seaters, or dirt roundyround racing.

The money they pay on the full coverage insurance and loan payments necessary to own a new car could probably cover their fuel and tire budget too. Its all about having priorities.

>look at me in my all grown up car
that's basically the only reason they have, you can toss a kid anywhere as long as your windows are tinted enough and why give a shit about what your neighbors think of you and all the company you have over because you like to fuck a lot, don't give into the man and be some square that drives around in a accord with some bitch wife that wants to talk about how her friends husbands are always getting them something that shit is the most unamerican thing ever and that's why gays are the only real americans left

I mean you realize not everyone is gonna use a sports coupe right? Some people might just use it for actual transport, and not fun.

>whenever i look at sports coupes for sale its always some poor cuck who is being nagged by his partner to buy a boring and slow people mover because they have 2 kids. can kids not fit in the back of a coupe?

They can, but it would kind of difficult having to reach through that small ass gap and tuck them into their child seat and shit, plus they might just need more space eventually as the kid grows etc.

However, I do agree with you about this dumb fucking people carrier cars. Don't really understand why the people don't just upgrade from a coupe to a sedan for literally the same price of a people carrier. Or even a new truck that has 4 doors and plenty of space, as well as space for transporting shit in the back.

>look at me in my all grown up car
Funny you mention that... This was in my facebook feed just a few days ago, some chick I knew in high school. Are you some sort of druid? Shit is almost verbatim.

>family and I were tall
>played hockey growing up

Minivans aren't that useful if you actually have some gear or a trailer to haul.

The devil trips have accursed power

>Don't really understand why the people don't just upgrade from a coupe to a sedan for literally the same price of a people carrier
Because they want to be able to carry more people than just themselves and their kids, or they have more than two/three kids.

Remember, kids have friends and they can't drive for sixteen years.

harpoons, etc.

She was always a fatty. Married her beta oneitis right after high school. I would feel bad for him but he brought this on himself.

Most crossovers don't have any more seats than a sedan. They might have a little more cargo space (mostly its just differently shaped) but its still no more than a wagon. Hell old sedans had one more seat if you include american land yachts.

This used to be a family car...

When I was a kid my mom would cram me, my brother, and my sister into a 2dr E30 vert. We also all had to cram into some 2dr Saab vert as well. The biggest car we ever had in the family was a 4dr Passat. My mom hated the moonroof though and went back to 2dr verts after that.

Back in the day, this was big enough for a family of four.