You take a turn a little quicker than normal

>you take a turn a little quicker than normal
>very slight tire screech for 0.5 seconds
>"Omg user are you crazy? Stop driving like a psycho"

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redline#Rev_limiter_and_implementation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Women are terrified of rev matching, too, it's hilarious. I've never seen someone so terrified whilst slowing from ~70 to full stop.

>hit 4k rpm in 2nd gear in my shitbox
>w00o0o0o0o0o0o0oo00 you drive like a maniac this is amazing!!!!!

My passenger seat has not gotten any action

idk bout you guys but my gf enjoys when I corner hard

americans (normiefags) are fucking pussies

HURRDURR TERRORIST! QUIT SPEEDING LIKE SOMEONE THAT DISOBEYS THE LAW! I'LL START FOLLOWING YOU AND THEN THREATEN YOU WITH MY 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHT! TERRORIST!

>get to 3K because have to turn in a few feet after intersection and don't want to shift into third
>"OMG user STOP GUNNING IT"

and americans are borderline retarded, forgot to mention that

>take an off-ramp at speed
>"hey slow down Mario Andretti!"
>mfw there's a van in front of me going faster down the off-ramp

Women want to ride in a quiet appliance. Any engine, exhaust or tire noise irritates the fuck out of them. They're dumb cunts and drive too fucking slow off the line.

>letting your woman talk in the car
top lel

Flyover states: not even once.

>implying anyone remembers who Mario was

I'm going to sound like a huge fag but the other day it was raining and I was driving my grandma around for her errands, and she kept bitching because my tires would spin almost everytime I left a spot (v8 and dirt cheap tires). Finally got frustrated after 90 minutes of continuous bitching, pulled the out the joint I keep in my visor, lit her up and drove crazy as fuck back to her house. She said she'll never get in my car again, which sucks for her because I'm the only person she knows that will drive her around all day just for gas money

His Hudson was in Gran Turismo 6.

people in the midwest are chill as fuck, it's the rednecks in the south that get all riled up because you distracted them from focusing on taking a clean hit from their meth pipe while driving

> v8 truck
> dad in passenger seat
> shitty 4 speed automatic
> push foot in to accelerate up a hill
> suddenly engine goes from 2000 to 3000 rpms
> 35 mph to 45
> dad "why you asking for so much power, you making the engine work hard"

.............pic related
>

Shit, all the women that have ridden with me have enjoyed when I hoon it a little. I don't know what you all are doing wrong.

>they drive too slow off the line
Anyone else have the opposite experience? Women have no concept of gradually building up/shedding speed, everythings an on and off switch for them.

>mfw my car sits at 3k when traveling at 100km/h
>regularly take it up to 5k because it's a shit box and it's fun to thrash them.

Can confirm

I daily drive a V6 Genesis coupe and you wouldn't believe the amount of times I've had to punch it to avoid some cunt cutting me off a merging lane off of a light. I've seen them in Corollas taking off with a lead foot

This. The qts and not-so-qts that have ridden with me dont really complain when i do questionable things in my shitbox. Over 3k rpm to them is exciting. And whenever my ex rode pillion on my 600 she loved it when i downshifted and pulled hard on the freeway

"It's OK bitch, my car has a 5 star crash test safety rating."

>3k
>gunning it
Wow. Either they are literally retarded, or you have a really loud exhaust. My shitbox is pretty quiet even at 4k

>slowing down to turn
>rev match down shift
>>easy there speed racer
mfw

That sucks I'm at 3k at 85mph and its a 4 cylinder with a 4 speed automatic

>Women have no concept of gradually building up/shedding speed, everythings an on and off switch for them.
this.

Women gun it from a light to the speed limit and then brake hard as fuck 20 feet away from the next intersection.

My stock wrx is loud enough at 3K to trigger red-light racers. I'm just trying to get up to speed damn it.

Why would you rev your fucking engine to stop? lol It's was for slowing down to corner back in the ancient times.

To shift down smoother? Why would I slow down from 70mph in 6th gear the whole time ? Do you not drive a manual or something?

engine braking is still useful, cuck

>driving my civic in the snow
>kick the clutch to spin the tires because hoon
>gf screams
>user YOU'RE GOING TO FISHTAIL!!!!!!11

I had to explain why a FWD car would just pull itself in a straight line in that situation instead of spinning wildly out of control. I'm still not sure she actually got it, though.

Put it in neutral fag. But if your OCD compels you so badly, just down shift at the appropriate speeds. But that would funny as fuck you playing mumbly peg with the shifter to cycle thru all 6 gears in 1 second.

>be me
>gf is hardy Nordic woman
>launch at green lights
>screech around turns
>no reaction whatsoever

If you were rev matching, you wouldn't get any engine braking though.

I don't think you know what engine braking is

>Why would i wear out just my brakes when I can wear out my clutch, my synchros, and my brakes all at the same time

I don't think you know what rev matching is.

This is some stupid logic. If you're afraid to downshift then you shouldn't be upshifting faggot.

Lmao you wear nothing out if you learn how to drive manual you fag.

Is this truly the state of Veeky Forums in 2016?

Engine braking is NOT the stupid lurch you get when you fail to match the engine speed to the transmission.

No you benchracer. He is right

Engine braking fucks up several parts of the engine. It exists, but it must not be used constantly. You can either slightly use your fucking brakes or you can engine-brake, slightly fuck up your tranny and flywheel, SERIOUSLY big chance of blowing the engine if you engine brake at too many RPM, increased engine wear anyways, and increased fuel consumption.

Be fucking smart. When you are going to stop leave it at neutral and slightly use the brakes until you stop.

If I was girl I would be horrified at some guy braking to a stop from 70mph and pumping his foot frantically and moving the stick shift in a panic. It's not like it takes longer than 3 seconds to brake to a stop from 70mph.

>dame in the left seat

Britbong please

Engine braking with a good revmatch does nothing bad to the transmission, clutch, or flywheel

>3 seconds to go 70 to 0

try this some time, it's an unreasonably short time

You sound like an idiot that should stay away from manuals

This gave me a good laugh. Fuckin millennials man.
>SERIOUSLY big chance of blowing the engine if you engine brake
HAHAHA

No it's not. Count: One thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand 3. You can do it without skidding. But hey, add another second for or 2 if you like, you're still looking like a wild spaz in the drivers seat.

Yeah he said "at too many RPM" though

It is true that this can over-rev the engine
Try going from 5th to 2nd some time, something will explode

I usually start downshifting over ten seconds before the stop, I anticipate as much as possible, just a habit. Would never think of making a three-second or even five-second stop unless I was going 35mph or something

Engine braking is the opposite of rev match, idiot.

The entire principle of engine braking is that the engine will be working slower than the input shaft and that once you drop the clutch the tranny will force the engine to rev up, but the engine ECU will force the engine not to exceed speed.

Rev match is changing gears WITHOUT leaving space in revs between the input shaft and the crank.

Opposite things. Either way, unless you are about to speed up after braking, down-shift-rev-matching (or heel-toeing) its useless and only wastes fuel.

>mfw everything i ever drove in my life were manuels

>forcing the engine to operate at redline/above redline RPM
>"its safe for the engine guys! I promise!"

>but the engine ECU will force the engine not to exceed speed

6/10 you got me to reply twice

>driving diesel with family
>at light
>give it more gas than you would with a car because its a diesel and 4 fucking tons
>whoa there user, you should be more careful
then later I gunned it, got some boost going and zoomed past this guy.
they all screamed. feels good man.

WTF? How shitty are your brakes? Sounds like you drive like an old woman. 10 fucking seconds!
Hahahahhhaahahahahhha

Using = putting stress on = wearing out. If you're shifting at all, you are slipping the clutch ever so slightly and there are small differences in actual and ideal speed that put wear on the synchros. Is it that hard to understand, that using a part puts wear on it?

Brakes are cheaper/easier to replace than clutches, so I'd rather wear the brakes more than the clutch

If your engine and fuel are absolute shit the extra tiny bit o compression might cause detonation but I don't fucking know, I'm not worried about the engine. It's designed to deal with bringing itself down from 5k to 2k if you let off the throttle. The engine isn't a sacrificial device.

Engine braking follows the rev match.

>numblypeg
If I'm going 70 and slowing down to 0, I shift down in case some stupid shit happens and I need to accelerate again quickly without fatiguing my engine. I only go 6-5-4-neutral.

My brakes are awesome, I upgraded the rotors and calipers actually

>engine braking redlines the engine

What the fuck kind of braking are you doing son?

Clearly you never learned how to drive a manual beyond upshifting like the pleb faggot you are. Anyone can do something for years and still be shitty at it, I.e. you

5th gear to 2nd gear, at high speed

so the engine would be forced to several thousand RPM over redline
this will blow a rod and/or cause the valves to float
RIP engine

>Engine braking follows the rev match.
Read my entire post again. Seems you dont understand that engine braking means forcing the car to brake using the engine.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redline#Rev_limiter_and_implementation

>What the fuck kind of braking are you doing son?
None because i dont want the engine to die.

Engine braking is forcing to have mismatched crank rpm to input shaft rpm to force the car to be stopped by the ECU controlling the rev limiter of the car.

Literally any driving instructor teaches you to always be in a gear. If you don't understand this simple reason why you should be in gear maybe you shouldn't drive a manual

Wew lad you should just stop posting. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. You can definitely rev match down a gear and still engine brake.

Well obviously if you go from 5th to second you're gonna fuck your shit up. This would be called improper engine braking.

>everybody talking about engine braking
>instantly think about jake brakes since dieselfag
>realize i'm retarded

You don't know what engine braking is.

If you're downshifting past redline, you're doing it wrong. Nobody does that. Also if your foot is off the gas rev limiter does nothing.

Oh my god I think this guy is actually retarded

>Engine braking is forcing to have mismatched crank rpm to input shaft rpm to force the car to be stopped by the ECU controlling the rev limiter of the car.

I'm going to cap this. You should trip up.

These fucking threads are always hilarious. All the 14 years olds who have never driven manual telling everyone who has that they don't know how to drive manuals.

>You can definitely rev match down a gear and still engine brake.
And you can drift with a bicycle too, user.

>Literally any driving instructor teaches you to always be in a gear.
In racing? sure
In the street? fuel waste.

>in gear with throttle off
>fuel waste

user...

>If you're downshifting past redline, you're doing it wrong
wat

Engine braking IS about having the engine in the redline
That's what your mom said to you?

Like I said you shouldn't be driving manual then.

Engine braking means you use the compression stroke to lose speed, slowly. Not torquing the fuck out of your drive train.

>>in gear with throttle off
>rev matching while down shifting
>throttle off
Pick one.

You're fucking stupid

Just put it back in gear if you need to accelerate. It's not fucking hard. It's not a talent. It's not a science. It's not magic. It requires no skill at all.

You use less fuel kicking the engine up a couple thousand RPMs than you would idling it in neutral

I meant emergency situations m8.

>Engine braking IS about having the engine in the redline

So lets say you're in 4th gear at 4k rpm engine braking, and then you rev it up to 5k rpm and drop it into 3rd. There ya go, you just drifted a bicycle.
Please for the love of Veeky Forums never drive a manual again.

>stupidity is immortalized

Literally NO driving instructors teach this.

>You use less fuel kicking the engine up a couple thousand RPMs than you would idling it in neutral

So. Put it BACK IN GEAR IN AN EMERGENCY then.

This whole thread is a good reminder on how no one here has any idea what they're talking about

>This cuck can't even change a clutch

You WILL fail if you do not down shift rowing through the gears. Pleb. You always have to be in gear, you sound like a new fag

>When you nail the perfect rev match downshift and use extreme redline engine braking due to the input and outputshaft speeds approaching C

nvm, i thought that you all meant engine-braking in the extreme
(like going from 6th at 3k RPM to 1th)

I forgot engine braking was still something that happens without touching the redline, but its still the opposite of rev matching, see if some people understand

You have to be truly Australian to not know the difference in time and money between brake jobs and clutch replacement.
>If you do it yourself it's free and only takes seconds!

>engine braking is the opposite of rev matching

NO

TRY AGAIN

At first I thought he was baiting, but now I just think he's Russian.

FAS is a hell of a drug

No, YOU WILL fail. The rest of us without Parkinson's disease will be fine.

in case anybody wasn't clear