Someone stole my truck today

Someone stole my truck today.

The one thing I love is now gone and I may never see it again.

Hold me Veeky Forums I've already dranken a quarter bottle of whiskey.

have you alerted the constabulary?

Yes, I just finished the police report before going home, crying and drinking.

I wouldn't normall pray for material objects' safety but I know a vehicle is more than a vehicle to guys us. That's all I can do for you user.

Do you know roughly when it was taken? Are the plates up to date? Did you place the call quickly?

>No one asks what kind of truck

Well OP, what kind of truck?

post pictures of her, user

we'll mourn over her together.

It's just a truck, not like a rare car or anything, you can buy another shitcab with the insurance money

A Chevy Cameo with a nut and bolt restoration I spent around 5 years building.

It was taken last night from my home's garage. Insurance is all up to date but it is very special to me. I just want it back.

Holy fuck.

F

fucking hell this is pretty bad

oh shit what the fuck. i was thinking you lost a hardbody nissan or something

that must hurt to lose something that nice

that sucks user. it's probably someone you know, but who in their right mind is going to steal such a noticeable car anyway?

look on eBay, craigslist, and forumns for parts for that specific model. I hope they are just taking it for a joy ride. Keep us updated, user.

>stolen from my garage

Daily reminder that if someone wants your car enough, there is literally nothing you can do to stop them.

Daily reminder that a thug with a flatbed could be coming for your car right now.

Hardly a garage more like AN overhead tent

This. OP I have nothing going on in life, if you want to give us an area for CL I'll keep an eye out. Also post on local FB pages etc

im sorry user

this.

Goddam that shit is nice

Sorry for your loss, hope you get it back ;_;7

We got my mom's honda back like 6 months later after it was stolen, although some parts were missing and now had a rattle can paintjob

Then quit being a bitch and find it, cops aren't going to actively do shit.

Talk to fucking everyone who may have seen something, show them pictures, try and get a hold of any camera footage that might have caught whoever the fuck stole it, there was at least one other car involved, maybe a trailer. Put the word out to every fucking car enthusiast in your area, every forum online.

Something that nice is unlikely to show up on CL/FB etc, maybe as parts, but not as a whole. It's going to end up stashed away in someones shed for half a decade before they try to offload it, be stripped down or shipped across or even out of the country for sale elsewhere.

Do you know if it was driven or trailered away?

holy fuck, man.
goddamn.
where are you in the US?
maybe we could help you look for it.
oh, call local junkyards.
offer them something like 200 bucks to call you if they get it in.
call dealerships too.
god man, I'm so, so sorry.
I couldn't imagine if my baby was stolen.

I never post but I am this time just to say that people who steal are fucking pieces of shit who should be killed. I hope you get your truck back and when you do kill this fuck face who stole it.

that's sad

Fuck life

So what are you doing about it? You'd probably have luck with le reddit army and forums.

what a shame
is installing tracking systems not a thing in America? if I had an awesome car like that I'd put in one for sure

Fucking shit thats awful. Best wishes user, I really hope she returns to you soon.

Contact the guys at Jalopnik, they help people who get rare/special cars stolen.

This. Sometimes those fags can be real useful when theyre not discussing the pros and cons of buying a 00s supercar for $100.

Yeah I'd be a little suicidal too. My condolences.

>everyones face when that truck is probably in a warehouse somewhere being chopped up by mexicans and loaded in a dumpster to be fenced off to shitty junkyards
life is suffering

it's probably already on a boat to some shithole country

>there are people who still don't have security cameras in their garage

nobody thinks about it, hell, I didn't until just now, because;
>installing security system
>hmm, should I put some in the garage?
>nah, just tools and shit in there, and who wants a chevy cameo anyway?

I know that fucking feel, user. It's horrible and inhuman. Same thing happened to me, I just hope you find yours. You have my deepest sympathies.

what'd they take from you?
thankfully I haven't felt that pain yet and I hope I never do.
but as a fellow gearhead, I am so sorry for those who have had this happen to them

Oh jesus fuck it's worse than the worst. I didn't even see this when I replied with my initial well-wish. Let's hope the cops find your baby and fucking shoot the faggots that stole it. It's beautiful.

kill whoever took her

Nothing as wonderful as that Chevy, but I had my Mazda B2200 stolen a couple of weeks after I'd redone the entire fuel system. I worked in an open garage in a shitty winter, because I needed it running to get to school and work. Then I decided I wanted to restore it because there's so few of them in Denmark and I loved how it just felt like coming home when I got into it.
Goddammit, I don't want these feels...

i didn't mean to give you a feels trip, user.
i had the radio stolen out of my '91 chevy silverado.
alarm didn't even go off, no broken windows, nothing.
and the fact that someone could just hop in my truck and take it away from me at any time really fucked with me.

You know what to do

from /k/, we will back you in the hunt for those who stole your bride.

No harm done, user, it's all just residual bitterness and rage.
I imagine you felt just what someone would feel after a home invasion. One thing is to come down and find your car just missing, another is finding it unlocked with nothing broken and shit missing from the inside. Fucking unsettling, that is. Knowing someone's been uninvited in your personal space. Worst thing is that old Mazdas are notorious for having locks you can basically open with a wet popsicle stick. Dunno how hard it'd be to get into a Silverado, but I suspect the number of professional car thieves are larger in America than in Denmark.
I would still drown whomever took my Mazda in a sacrificial bog, though.

were/are the mazda pickups any good?
where I live they're somewhat rare and I never see them.
I'd imagine they would be kinda like a hardbody, no?

Yeah, pretty much. But I just liked the feel of the Mazda better when I test drove it. I actually tried out both a Hilux and the Opel Campo (Isuzu hardbody with an Opel sticker on it), but the Mazda was just more responsive and could make tighter turns. The Hilux was solid, but the Mazda just felt moreso. And I loved dat boxy look and the bars on it.

>some fat /pol/ spillover thinking he's an entire board

It is a thing but it's not a common thing.

This.

I assume you live in the middle of nowhere.

Start looking, post on facebook groups, post on craiglist, take an ad out in the paper, post flywers.

A truck like that cant disappear. No one is retarded enough to part it out.

Its either halfway to Mexico, or in someones barn

Ya, only thing they are useful for.

Just spread the word dude.

Fucking hell. I just bought myself an expensive ass bike and it was stolen out of my basement 3 months later. I was really down for weeks but almost over it. Now I see this and fucking want to kill these thugs. They have no sympathy for the hard work you did and the passion you had for your treasures. Fuck these assholes.

Jesus! Thugs make me sick.

Just imagine chip foose stole it and you get it back with a two tone

OP if you're in Phoenix AZ we can go to car meets together and cruise around with my guns and find this bastard. Chevy for life. My friend has a 56 stepside and he is paranoid as fuck about losing it. He has a boot on it in his garage.

Serious though if you're in Phoenix we can get heated and cruise to meets and shows and look for it.

Yeah, that's the worst thing about that kind of people. They have No wish to better their own life or work hard for nice things, but will jump through unbelieveable hoops to take others'. What kinda bike was it, user?

Cannondale (dunno the name) in ocean blue. A racebike with mostly campagnolo parts.
Did not make it to summer with it to take a great picture sadly.

>it's probably someone you know
This. Think hard about who it might be, then stake out their house. Better act fast.

>stolen out of my basement
Probably someone you know.

I'm not much of a bike guy myself, but that is a fucking shame.

i wanna go

Man, I wish you a great good luck finding her.

Start acting fast by doing the things other anons have told :)

>Someone stole my truck today.

Visit your local cab company and offer a cash reward if they spot the car and their info leads to its recovery. Cabbies go all over in various neighborhoods at various times of day and have alert eyes for the road.

This is fucking brilliant.

F

>gm

I don't know what to say user

THIS OP

OP

DO THIS

>only a quarter of a bottle

bro I've been drinking like half a bottle of whisky equivalent in beer every day for months

>half a bottle of whisky
that's only 12 regular shots per day, Junior

>he takes shots
>doesn't drink straight from the glass

are you even slavic

I fucking hate people user, I hope you get her back

>being uncivilized scum
Nigger spotted.

How is drinking from a glass uncivilised

I bet you go to parties on the weekend and get rowdy after only 5 shots

baka

>doesn't drink straight from the glass
He drinks beer, retard, and it's only equivalent to a 12-pack of regular beer per day, hardly a record-breaking achievement.

If I have a classic car or truck should I put a gps tracker in it?

yes they are cheap and the repo man uses them all the time

yes get lojack

godspeed

Looking into this now.

you can get em cheap on ebay
wire it in and you text it and it texts back its gps coordinates

I highly doubt someone is going to keep a bright blue old one of a kind truck around, I'd reckon it's in a different country or chopped up. On the bright side you might get lucky, a Ferrari 308 stolen in 1987 was found earlier this year, so anything can happen.

You would really shitpost in a thread where the OP is drowning in utter misery? We all know you're a piece of shit but I didn't know you were this big of a piece of shit. If you died tomorrow nobody would mourn your loss, not even whatever family you have.

>we all know you're a piece of shit
Nice projection.

Some people often sit on cars that are hot though.
Just keep them garaged until the heat dies down then drive them around. I mean like 20 years at least, something like that

>op will get his truck back
>he only needs to wait 29 short years

Buy a gun and then go down to the bad part of town and start asking around about your truck. But you might want to practice with said gun first.

better than not getting it back at all

F

I had a dream like this the other day. I've put so much time and effort and love into my car and it's just now getting to where I want it to be
>mfw stolen
Thank fuck it was just a dream

Best of luck OP

*racks mossberg 500*
*sends german shepherds outside*
AINT HAVIN THAT SHIT
AINT HAVIN IT

if you lived in europe, no one would steal your truck, maybe a bicycle

BUILD A WALL

I can't believe no one teaches values anymore.
Theft should never cross anyones mind.

fuck that sucks dude

I'd be calling anybody and everybody in the auto industry in surrounding areas and ask them to take note of such an uncommon car being stolen in case they stumble upon it. junkyards, parts stores, speedshops, auction places, dealerships, contact people that organize auto events and car meets, etc and offer a cash reward for information about your truck.

Those things don't come around often man, if whoever stole it ever brings it out it's going to attract attention and if a bunch of parts suddenly hit the market that will too.

Good luck man, hope it ends well for you.

How could any loving God allow this to happen to hard working people?

>nut and bolt restoration I spent around 5 years building

Well I bet you feel like a right shit cunt don't you

I live in Europe and had my truck stolen. Scum are scum no matter where you go, user.

Cyka.