/Giulia/ Passion™ Official

So, from today the reviewers and magazines who have tested the new Alfa Romeo Giulia are releasing their reviews.

Be ready, the moment has come.

Also: post your ideal Giulia from the car configurator

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LEB-mORtvFc
alvolante.it/primo_contatto/alfa-romeo-giulia
evo.co.uk/alfa-romeo/giulia/17702/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-review-alfas-best-car-for-years
carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/alfa-romeo/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-2016-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=RNEjCiNM0sE
alvolante.it/primo_contatto/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio
autoexpress.co.uk/alfa-romeo/giulia/95477/new-alfa-romeo-giulia-2016-review
topgear.com/car-reviews/alfa-romeo/qv-4dr/first-drive
autocar.co.uk/car-review/alfa-romeo/giulia/first-drives/2016-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-first-drive
youtube.com/watch?v=ay8I8XYZz1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=7fPVrC73c6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=FOLPeulZfJc
youtube.com/watch?v=1b8n7Vlra-g
youtube.com/watch?v=z8kOpYbPRoM
youtube.com/watch?v=8gZt4DpN_cU
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/reviews/a5213/the-comparison-65-3-roa1013/
twitter.com/evomagazine/status/730012718409854977/video/1
reliabilityindex.com/manufacturer
automobilemag.com/news/2017-alfa-romeo-giulia-first-drive-review/
autobild.de/artikel/alfa-romeo-giulia-2016-fahrbericht-6058973.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=LEB-mORtvFc

For whatever the fuck reason this link at the moment is not working.

alvolante.it/primo_contatto/alfa-romeo-giulia

>0-100 for the 2.2 180 hp in 7.1 sec

EVO UK

>Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio review - Alfa's best car for years

evo.co.uk/alfa-romeo/giulia/17702/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-review-alfas-best-car-for-years

CAR

>A four-door Ferrari? You'd better believe it

carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/alfa-romeo/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-2016-review/

FCA a shit

youtube.com/watch?v=RNEjCiNM0sE

>Evo
>5 stars
>Finally, an Alfa Romeo that lives up to the hype - we're eagerly looking forward to trying Alfa's new super saloon in the UK

THERE ARE ALL EXCUSES IN THE WORLD TO BE MAD TROLLERINO

can you teach me how to shill?

alvolante.it/primo_contatto/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio

>can you teach me how not to be buttmad?

FTFY

autoexpress.co.uk/alfa-romeo/giulia/95477/new-alfa-romeo-giulia-2016-review

>The Giulia is a refreshing and stylish new entry into the highly competitive executive saloon sector. Its vital statistics match its main German rivals’ in all the key areas, while the car’s rear-wheel-drive platform and 50:50 weight balance also make it enjoyable to drive. It’s good to finally have a really credible option from the historic and very fashionable Italian brand. If you’ve always thought you should own an Alfa Romeo at least once in your life, the new Giulia could be the one to go for.

TOP GEAR

topgear.com/car-reviews/alfa-romeo/qv-4dr/first-drive

>My practical side would say BMW because it’s a known quantity, but I reckon there’s a strong case for the Giulia being better to drive.

>there’s a strong case for the Giulia being better to drive.

AYY LMAO

AUTOCAR

autocar.co.uk/car-review/alfa-romeo/giulia/first-drives/2016-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-first-drive

looks like a cheap BMW from 5 years ago.

Could you at least cry without calling the bmw in?

>cheap

The posted reviews don't agree with your faggottry

BTFO!

More videos:

youtube.com/watch?v=ay8I8XYZz1Y

youtube.com/watch?v=7fPVrC73c6Y

youtube.com/watch?v=FOLPeulZfJc

youtube.com/watch?v=1b8n7Vlra-g

youtube.com/watch?v=z8kOpYbPRoM

youtube.com/watch?v=8gZt4DpN_cU

MY DICK IS PLEASED

I'm actually considering to sell my 3 Series for a new Giulia 2.2 180 hp.
This is the one I want.

hhnnggh

Have you noticed that they're driving an automatic Quadrifoglio?

I don't like the looks but it sounds mesmerizing

I'm missing two things:
>a 300 to 400hp engine to match the C43/S4/335
>a wagon

The QV will probably offer both the 6 speed manual now, and later that ZF 8 speed as well.

Also, I'm still wondering if they could fit the Hellcat into there.

It will come user, a biturbo 2.0 petrol engine in that power range.

The wagon won't be made because it's not profitable, instead they're releasing the Stelvio Suv later this year.

As for the gearboxes, the Giulia Q will be offered with 3 choices: manual, automatic ZF and double clutch.

>a biturbo 2.0 petrol engine
Inline four or V^? Any sources?

>manual, automatic ZF and double clutch.
Why offer two different automatic gearboxes, when the ZF fits and works?

Manual not being released in the UK at the moment

I can't wait to see how it "kills" BMW

>never forget the ATS
>another Veeky Forums-approved "BMW KILLER"

4 inline, it's the same 2.0 tbi pushed to 330 hp.

It has to be announced but it will come.

Except this time the posted reviews are saying that this Giulia buttfucks the Bmw, so...

>The interior of the Alfa doesn’t have quite the quality of an Audi

Dropped

They said the same thing about the ATS-V, friend.

Also the Lexus IS is better than the shit series.

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/reviews/a5213/the-comparison-65-3-roa1013/

Bmw is now producing generic cars, you have to accept its decline.

Except this time the Giulia is not a Cadillac piece of junk but a real car built by someone who knows what it does.

So neither has a 3 series...that's not the point.

You can't have both a top notch interior and superb driving quality for a competitive price.

Proof is that the Audi A4 is FWD, understeer like a charm, but MUH INTERIOR.

GTFO

>not even audi quality
lmao, sounds like complete shit

>who knows what it does

Except Alfa hasn't made good cars for decades now. We'll see if they still know how to make a good one or more importantly: we'll see if the people who could afford one will think they have made a good one

>implying critical car reviews exist
are you 12?

>Samefagging this hard

If you consider the Audi to be better than the Alfa based on interior quality over how it rides and over its mechanical supremacy, well...what the fuck are you doing on this board?

Go back to school.

Except people would still rather have a 3 or 5 series than a Lexus or an Alfa.

You can have a Quattro A4 which has superior driving quality on all conditions on regular roads.

I'd very much prefer that to a car that is totally superior on a smooth track with loads of space to fool around on but feels shit on the open road.

are you shilling for free?

>he still believes in the driving dynamics meme

Please tell me about how you're gonna enjoy the Alfa's superior handling and mechanical supremacy while sharing the road with a billion other people forcing you to go slow and drive carefully.

This meme cannot die quickly enough. There is no way to really experience even 1 percent of what the Alfa or any other car like it have to offer on normal open roads.

In a world of speed limits, bumpy roads, idiot drivers everywhere, traffic jams etc. the comfy AWD Audi clearly reigns supreme over any "sporty" car

what a sad sad thread

Looks like a 3 series with jag front and rear.

>hey man, lets take out a ferrari developed engine and put a murrican engine in there
No.

Why do you need AWD at 50km/h?

Buying an italian sports sedan is like getting the british hooker in a czech brothel. It just doesn't make sense.

Back here in Germany we actually are free to go as fast as we want. On the Autobahn at least

going around really tight corners

New 3 series look gud boi

Then the same applies. Doesn't matter if it is AWD or RWD or FWD even.
If you wanna shill something, at least go with Merc or BMW, not with the blandest german brand.

Have you heard about good tyres?
You audifags grasp to AWD because there's literally nothing that Audi does better than the rivals.
BMW has it beat on driving dynamics and Mercedes in straight up luxury.
And it seems that Alfa just has better driving dynamics than a M3 (which is saying a lot) so you're just assravaged about it.

>Doesn't matter if it is AWD or RWD or FWD even.

I invite you to come to Germany and test drive anything non-german at its top speed on the Autobahn.

You simply don't know what you're talking about when it comes to german cars until you have done that.

Forget about your little "driving dynamics" meme btw and see

From what the reviews say, the Giulia is pretty stable. at speed.
Plus, you don't need the Autobahn to test cars at their top speed.
Even where I live there are lots and lots of sections where you can do that.

This isn't 1980. Even my puny 1.3 diesel does 200km/h stably.
Germans do know how to build a car, but saying other european countries can't just denotes ignorance.

>being this mad
I never even owned an audi. AWD is useful though.

Never said it isn't useful, but it certainly isn't a requirement in a straight line.
If you're worried about stability at speed there are lots of driving nannies that can help you with that.

>but it certainly isn't a requirement in a straight line.

It certainly isn't. Just like having padded seats certainly isn't a requirement. You could just as well sit on a wooden bench.

What you don't understand is that it isn't about "requirement". If you're gonna bomb down the Autobahn at 250km/h an hour you want your car to be as stable as possible.

An AWD car feels like you're on tracks and that inspires confidence. You simply feel better.

Again, this isn't 1980.
Electronic nannies give you that confidence, even if you don't have AWD.

How much is this thing gonna cost, and anyone got the MPG for all of the different engine types?

Imo all the current Alfa's are fucking ugly so when I saw this thread I didn't even bother to check the picture, accidently missclicked it and its fucking beautiful.

If the price and MPG is good, I'd take this over a new C-Class or 3 series.

I'd rather put my trust into a mechanical AWD system

Ultimately, your straight line stability will depend on good tyres and not in your drivetrain.
If you have shit tyres even an AWD system won't save you if something goes wrong.

No, you're misunderstanding. At high speeds FWD and RWD drivetrains tend to "wobble" a bit every now and then. They don't track straight nearly a well as an AWD car does. Imagine you're going over a bridge at 250km/h and get hit by wind from the side. The effect is very different from RWD to FWD to AWD.

Tires are always important of course, no doubt about that. But you can't really have ultra shit tires on your car in Germany since you are only allowed to put manufacturer approved sizes on your car and they have to have at least minimum profile depth etc. or your car will be taken off the streets immediately pretty much (if you run into a police control of course but generally nobody even thinks of risking it)

Oh hey! It's the "let's shill the giulia again" thread!

sage.

The only thing I will admit is that it has potential performance wise, and alfa was smart enough to realise that they don't have the luxury of failing, but I'm not a fan of the looks to be honest. But seriously dude calm down with the shilling.

The first review for the AT 2.2 180hp says:

>Average: 17,5 km/l
>City: 15,2 km/l
>Outside: 20,2 km/l
>Highway: 16,3 km/l

The Giulia will come also in AWD configuration

Only thing im worried about is reliability and steering feel. Fca cant do either of those.

at incredible hihg speed a flat undertray is more use than awd.
awd is useful for accelerating out of tight corners and driving in bad weather and that's it.

Meh, thats good but nothing spectacular.
I was browsing on my phone earlier today and saw on a random site something about 69MPG (17.5km/l = 49mpg)

Hows the interior though? Is the sat nav and shit good or broken?

Not only the reliability meme but also another galactic bullshit on the steering feel.

Nice.

Read the fuckin reviews you useless piece of shit, they're praising it...dumb fuck, next time check before talk.

the shitalian shill is getting mad. you can stick your meme reviews up your ass, kid.

The interior comes from faurecia, the same maker of plastics and panels of german cars.

The sat nav comes from magneti Marelli, the very same italian company which makes infotainment for bmw, also every headlights of Audi (which they claim is their Technology ayy lmao).

There's nothing I can complain about because, as I previously stated, you can't have a top tier mechanic and at the same time Perfect interior for the same price as competitors.

Compared to bmw 3 Series the car is slightly better, of course compared with Audi or Lexus is less refined but the quality is Premium.

I was serious, my 2015 charger is a pile of shit, i want this new guilia but i want to make sure chrysler didnt stick its tiny dick in it.

Is this the next level on the butthurt scale?

>shill reviews

English reviews, not Italian which may be patriotic about the product (I assure you that's not the case as italian car magazines are entirely submissive to german Money), also autocar who is renowned to shill vags...

It must suck to be you user

The Charger is not an Italian car only because Chrysler is inside the FCA orbit.

The steering is fine in the Giulia, for the reliability nobody knows at the time.

Today Alfa Romeo are reliable, especially the engines.

>in b4 consumer reports charts and similar shit

twitter.com/evomagazine/status/730012718409854977/video/1

>That sound

Consumer reports a shit, especially american ones.

Fiat and Alfa are pretty reliable nowadays.

The dart was based off of an alfa and it was shit in terms of reliability. How can we expect different this time? we just have to wait and see.

The Giulietta, Bravo and Delta are pretty reliable.
Seems to me, it's either you murricans that can't put together a car or you just can't use it properly.

>35. Alfa Romeo
>pretty """""""""""""""""reliable""""""""""""""""""""" nowadays

So are the Fiat 500, 500L, 500X and abarths.

Theres plenty of reliable american cars. The problem is FCA

The only thing reliable about the 500 is the engine. Its everything else that breaks

>reliabilityindex.com/manufacturer

Choose "ENGINE" from the list and click Change.

>12. Fiat
>21. Alfa Romeo
>30. Volkswagen
>33. BMW
>37. Audi

Sorry, what were you saying?

>11. Renault
into the trash it goes

Those take into account older Alfas, too.

Nah, the problem is Chrysler. You murricans can't put together cars. End of.

It's funny because the 500 is the most reliable Fiat in Europe.
Maybe because not knowing how the A/C works counts as a reliability issue for american """"""""""""""""""""consumer reports"""""""""""""""""""".

Pretty much this. Even when Fiats and Alfas had issues in the 80s/90s, the engines were still bulletproof.

That chart is factual, it's not based on opinions or reports.

>Mini more reliable than Volvo
>Skoda far more reliable than VW
plausible. who comes up with these retarded rankings, they're ridiculous.

Who told you Volvo was reliable? lol
And yeah, Skoda tends to be more reliable than VW because they use older improved technology in those cars.

Renault is renowned for electrical problems and what a surprise in the tab "Electrical" here

>6. Jeep
>9. Volkswagen
>11. Alfa Romeo
>15. Fiat
>25. BMW
>26. Audi
>31. Mercedes-Benz
>36. Renault

When the meme is so stronger than reality that it hurts.

>Skoda, Volkswagen, Audi and Seat reliable

Have you forgotten the dieselgate?

VAG should fail and close for great justice...

>americans face european reliability indexes
I bet you're one of those anons that constantly says BMW, Audi and Mercedes are unreliable.

>falling for FCA meme

The 500s we get are built in mexico. Europes 500s are built in poland. Ill say agin FCA is the problem. Lowest bidder for suppliers even if they cant make the part right. I know, unfortunately i work for them.

>not enough cup holders
>cup holders not big enough
>driver seat is too tight for average american ass size

Yup, that's a problem.

sure bro

So, according to the chart you posted do you agree that Bmw and Audi are unreliable pieces of shit?

automobilemag.com/news/2017-alfa-romeo-giulia-first-drive-review/

autobild.de/artikel/alfa-romeo-giulia-2016-fahrbericht-6058973.html

>See this thread
>curious
>look at engine options
>2.0L Turbo w/ 276 HP
>wat. FCA didn't have a 2.0L Turbo I4 before this...
>look into engine.
>it's a turbocharged variant of the 150 HP 2.0L in the absolute base model Dodge Dart
Wasn't FCA going to call this 2.0L Turbo the Hurricane engine?

What the fuck are you saying??

All the engines are new and entirely made of aluminium.

>being this retarded

What's wrong with cars being built in Poland? My Punto was built in Poland and never had any issue.

>Germans saying the car is amazing
>German commenters agree

Is this a dream

Germans have a hard on for italian cars, don't you know that?