Tell me about used luxury vehicles

Tell me about used luxury vehicles

Id rather get a used luxury car than a new econobox for the same price.

How much and how often would maintenance be?

Really depends.

is this a new meme?

Tell me about Bane!
Why does he wear the mask?

Get a Lexus if you want luxury and reliability.

Old German cars are unreliable pieces of shit.

Can you turn a wrench? Or are you a pussy that would take it to the dealer?

If you can't afford it new you can't afford it used.

>wrench
You can't even open the hood w/o computer in some new cars.
You need multimeter, not wrench.

LS400
S

>need to change oil
>let me just connect this fucking multimeter to my oil pan and we good

Which ones?

Tesler

>Tesla

Is there any reason to have a hood on a Tesla? It doesn't even have an engine

Aerodynamics and I dont think you would like some wet groceries or melted ice cream

>Get a Lexus if you want luxury and reliability.
I'm looking at a 2010 lexus is250 for the wife. Anyone here have one? Are there things I should be looking out for?

From what I've seen.. if you can afford labor and maintenance you're golden. I'm thinking about buying a pre-leased E350 Sport for $33k. Only 5k miles on the odo, and it got leased to some executive for a year. I have the money for a new E350, but I'm a frugal kike and I don't like the idea of my car being worth thousands less the minute I drive it off the lot.

>for the wife

If you can deal with you not being the first Person to fart and get road head from his secretary in it i dont see why you shouldn't.

The first car I got was the same car I was concieved in. I really don't care, especially since the dealership cleaned the shit out of the car.

I've been doing used luxury cars my entire life
It's the best way to get a great, well cared for sedan.

BUT!

Avoid anything that was ever a "Lease" or a "Company Car" they might look okay but will be shit in the engine.

They're pretty good, but that gen doesn't handle that well and the 2.5L V6 in there is pretty slow. Reliability-wise, it's good. I think 2010 is after they fixed the carbon buildup issues in that engine.

What? 1-year-leases are typically the best-kept ones in my experience.

That said, fuck company cars.

This. Get a Lexus or even Avalon that isn't loaded down with dated tech. Change the oil 2x / year and drive the wheels off of it.

About 10 years ago I had a buddy who bought a used Lexus LS400 with 180K miles on it. It rode quieter and nicer than my wife's I30. He put another 100K on it before he sold it.

Watch out for tech, and avoid German cars.

I've heard to only buy ones coming off lease, as they're the best maintained

why do boomers always say 'for the wife', like you don't even want to be associated with the female you're married to and just imply she's an object

is this how happy married couples are? lmao

>why do boomers always say 'for the wife', like you don't even want to be associated with the female you're married to and just imply she's an object
>is this how happy married couples are? lmao

No man. It's not like that at all. I love my wife. That's why I'm getting her a nicer car. I stipulated "for the wife" so that you'd know it wasn't for me. She drives aggressively but doesn't need a race car. Just something comfy and reliable.

At least I didin't call her "my old lady".

this triggers me desu

All it's missing is
>'s son

Cuck. Get the bigger engine.

>Not getting the 350
Why?

Get a Lexus for reliability and rather cheap maintenance compared to the German automakers.

I mean, there is a reason why there are a shitload of used Mercedes on the lot and why they're so damn cheap. Most of them are given back to the dealers due to the 3-year lease plan. People who lease the vehicle want the new thing, so at the end of their lease, they will return the car and basically lease another one.

Therefore, Mercedes/BMW have a tendency to break after 3-5 years.

So, if you are looking for a vehicle that won't fuck you in the ass in the long run, get a Lexus. Higher-end, get a Porsche.

If its short-term, just lease luxury cars. NEVER buy the cheap models.

>>Not getting the 350
>Why?

Well, there's about 10 thou$and reasons why.

dont buy a mercedes unless its an amg

German cars should be leased only unless you have deep pockets. I know a couple of people who make 75K+ a year driving e classes & audi's leasing them only.

If you want reliability: lexus, acura, and even infiniti.

If you want good reliability but can afford a bit more when it comes to fix things: volvo. The S40, S60, C70, and wagons are pretty dope.

What exactly counts as a luxury car?
I'm looking at an older Saab 9-5 as my first car. Am I making a mistake? Is the mechanic going to be bending me over?

>the first Person to fart
You mean other than the factory workers, shipping guy, porters, techs, salesmen, detailers, and customer test drivers?

>Saab
>luxury

You're joking right