>Patch notes

wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>IS CALL OF THE BEASTMEN WORTH BUYING?
The Beastmen are a cool faction but the pack is a bit overpriced for what you get. There probably won't be a price drop for some time, so if you're impatient or really like the Beastmen then go ahead, otherwise wait it out.

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

First for proper Norscan warfare

Who is the strongest legendary lord at level 30, with all of the quests done?

Grimgor? Suneater? Everchosen? Karl Franz?

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

I would hope Everchosen

I don't know m8, Grimgor is a pretty fuckin' nasty git.

Grimgor for stand up fight, otherwise tie between kholek and Karl for battlefield presence

Strongest in what way? 1v1 it's Mannfred, but as army leader it's currently the crowfather cause Devolve is fucking broken

Finally finished the Greenskins, the beginning can be pretty hard but once you get 2 solid armies and the other ork factions are dead they have almost no chance to get a Waaahg

Really, Mannfred is that strong?

The combination of spirit leech and self heal along with having two abbilities to recharge winds is really strong. And being on a dragon he can kite a bit and get some leeches in before getting into melee, in which he is good, but not archeon/grimgor levels.

Spirit Leech can kill any Lord in three casts.

0-20 England
21-40 France
41-60 Roman Empire
61-80 Spain
81-99 Venice

Zombie dragon and all his items are one hell of a drug.

Anyone know why there aren't pvp 1v1 mini campaigns for vs mode campaign battles?

Laziness?

Have they ever existed for total war?

Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?

Rome it is.

Beastmen should be a guerrilla force, attacking your undefended small towns, very small armies, blocking trade and running away instead of trying to go for huge pitched battles, they should be able to go into a big forest and hide/disappear for a while, then come out.
They should be a constant nuisance, but not an existential threat.

Because MP is not the selling point of total war. Single player is why everyone buys total war.

If we're talking in a straight melee fight, Grimgor is the strongest. He beats any lord 1v1 in melee, and a level 30 Grimgor can decimate armies himself.

However, if we're talking Lords using all of their stuff to fight, Grimgor just gets kited around by the lords who can fly and or have magic. He'd lose to Azhag, even.

Of course, Grimgor is my favorite lord because nothing is more fun than getting stuck in with the boyz, and seeing him kill 500+ people himself.

Hashut want more slaves!!!

>fighting Grimgor with Dwarfs
The fucker just don't die

>Grimgor
>Dyin' to puny runtz
>me mug when

Budget and time constraints, CA isn't a huge studio and Total War is a niche genre, so it doesn't pull a lot of money from publishers.
no
no, multiplayer campaigns are relatively new.

Dang. Cause it would be fun I think. You could have actual dynamic fights.

Choas Dorfs will never be in Total War.

They want actual races.

Shogun II allowed for drop in battles during a campaign, but no one used them. People didn't like losing battles they would have won against the AI.

so what does everyone think about beastmen? is it worth the price?

פ O q ˥ I N S

Do i have to play as Estalia to get some decent fights against beastmen?

>do I have to play as the faction that spawns next to a 6 unit beastman stack to get good fights with them

no, play dwarfs or greenskins and they will come. as dwarfs if you fight greenskins actively they will be too split to go after you and the beasts in their land, and if you play as greenskins you can 'help' the top kuntz fight the beastmen.

Starting up my first Beastmen playthrough in the GC. How should I play it out? Use one stack to harass/raid and let the other tech up? Should I focus on any one faction first, or just rampage around the uncloven?

You don't get growth or money by just sitting around, all your stacks should be making trouble. All of your buildings are done in one turn.

Which lenendary lord did you start with? Khazrak or Malagor?

>Doing Hammer and Anvil as Orkz
>Your whole army is the Anvil
>Grimgor is the hammer

So is Rome 2 not a shit anymore? I shelved the game back when it came out but heard its decent now.

Khazrak just because I didn't want to start in the deep south.

So.... all my units are colored this ugly ass yellow. I thought everyone was like this until I started visiting these threads and see the same units but in cool red or blue.

Why did I get ugly gay yellow for mine and what can I do to change them?

his sword, the death magic leeching, master of the winds, and arcane conduit(?) all contribute to his magic, no?

I'm pretty sure current head to head campaigns let you control the ai against your opponent but I presume the drop in is no longer a thing

What mods are you using?

None of the Wood Elf units seem like they would cost a whole Charlemagne, except maybe the Sisters of Twilight or the Treeman. What units won't make the cut? I'm worried they'll leave out Warhawk Riders or ignore the Eagle until High Elves come out.

Also Sisters of the Thorn seem pretty unlikely desu

Any one else getting bored of TWW? I've finish the warriors of chaos, empire, and Beastmen campaigns on hard and gotten pretty far on the other ones, starting to feel like I've seen it all i guess. Maybe it would be more fun on higher difficulties.

I wonder how they're going to handle Skaven.

Considering Skaven's do a lot of assassinating, plague-bringing, and political maneuvering before war, they don't really play like a traditional race.

While it sounds fun to cause huge plagues and assassinate key characters before you bring in your army, it sounds really, really unfun to play against. Sort of like the agents in Rome 2, but even stronger and more annoying.

>agent spam
Do you even think before you open your mouth? How do you think people will react to a faction that just spams agents after the uproar around launch that forced CA to nerf AI agents, even though they could only do what you could do.

That is the point of me asking.

Skaven ARE the 'agent spam' race in Warhammer, and considering everyone hates agent spam, I want to know how they're going to do it.

And they're going to add Skaven, there is no way they're not going to. They're one of the most important races, right up there with Humans, Elves, and Orkz.

They are going to be a settlement race with a corruption mechanic like the VC.

>AZHAG IS THE SMARTEST ORK TO EVER LIVE
>HE IS THE MOST CUNNING GENERAL AND WRECKED IMPERIAL AND DWARVEN ARMIES WITH HIS AMAZING TACTICS
>HE IS ALSO AN AMAZING SORCERER AND THROWS AROUND BOLTS OF MAGICAL ENERGY
>ALL FEAR HIS NAME

>He is actually just a shitty melee lord who can cast a spell or two before getting tired and gets no real bonuses to show his 'amazing tactical knowledge and ability'

his tactics all came from his crown then when his crown disagreed with him he went insane and died talking to it in the middle of a battle.

He's a pretty shit un-orky warboss.

Yeah, but this game takes place when he was at the height (or close to) of his power.

He should really have something to show his tactical ability, even if it is from the crown. Rather than, ya know, +10 relationship with the undead that means jackshit.

Being the first ork to realize that feint is a valid strategy does not mean he's suddenly not an ork. Chopping is what orks do best.

He was a pretty powerful warboss. He won a lot of great battles and did a lot of good work.

Sure, he eventually died from going insane, but ya know. What are you gonna do? He is an ork wearing a crows possessed by an evil necromancer.

Yeah, but he is significantly worse than Grimgor at melee, and is worse than every other caster legendary. Hell, he is worse in melee than other caster legendaries.

I just wish he didn't fucking suck ass, because he is a really cool and interesting character, who they really do nothing with.

Actually if you read the description of Azhag on the legendary lord selection screen it just says he is an ordinary warboss but Shamans have a vision of him on a wyvern and wth a crown.

>turn 25 of Beastmen grand campaign and I have 3 Rank 9 Minotaurs, my Gorebull, 6 rank 9 Gors, 4 rank 9 ungor archer

This shit is crazy

What the hell am I supposed to do as greenskins? I normally go ahead and take the entirety of death pass, but legitimately right after that I either A. go after the dwarfs, get fucked. or B. go down and continue shitting down Rotgut's throat for a couple turns before he runs away and the dwarfs start attacking and sacking Iron Pass.

What should I be doing?

Build more mobs. Yeah your income will hurt bad but you gotta attack on both fronts for a bit.

That, or try confederation on red spear or crooked moon. Sometimes they do early, and Sour from crooked moon makes a nice early addition.

Rollan!

I had two stacks of about 15 by turn 8-10, but I was primarily using my second stack to just dissuade the dwarfs from attacking Iron Rock. Should I be actively raiding/attacking the dwarfs instead? And why the fuck do the dwarfs all confed so fucking early jesus

rolling

If you're sure dorfs are coming after a town, set one of your stacks in ambush right in front of the city where they will come from. In my experience, AI forgets armies exist when they are invis and run right into militia+army ambushes.

'ere we go

Yes and no. The dwarves are the bigger threat early on for sure so build up that side a bit bigger. Push if you can. Make sure that territory one movement away from red rock is razed until you think you can hold the province.

It wasn't fucking enough that I lost a 121turn empire campaign I was close to beating. No. Now my game crashes every so often. Fucking CA, and their fucking DLC jew tricks.

I'm fucking mad. So mad that I'm complaining about it on an anonymous image board. Fuck you guys and FUCK beastmen for all the bullshit they brought.

So, Orion and Ariel for the Wood Elves LLs right?

Absomaybe

Alright, thanks for the tip!

So constantly keep Barag Dawazbag (starts off in Scabby Eye control) is razed once dwarfs control it?
Also is it worth it to continue pursuing after the Red Fangs early on? They normally offer me a peace treaty and some gold to go with it, should I just accept it or no?

OP image reminded me of Ainsley for some reason.

Anythingbutdwarvesanythingbutdwarvesstuntiesplsdie

>butthurt man-filth

Female beastmen?

It's BeastMEN! They're all gay and reproduce through buttsex.

I thought everyone already knew this.

It's beastmen not beastcunts.

Toddbringer go home

Beastwomen exist but they don't fight and are sweet and nice ladies

t. furry edgelord

Name 1 (one) (Less than two by 1) (one more than zero) non edgy thing in Warhammer fantasy. Just one (1)

>serves chaos
>sweet and nice
sure

That's just a Beastman in drag bro

TRICKED!

Uhh, the trees, no, the dirt! The dirt can't be edgy!

>Close game
>Ambiental music from the global map still sounding on the background

What the fuck how do I get rid of it, I can't close my computer right now.

Ogres eat dirt and ogres are edgy thus dirt is edgy too.

I usually crush red fang first followed by that dwarf on the south east.

Though I haven't started an ork campaign since beast men are out so that probably changes the south dynamic a bit

got to taskbar>processes and find to warhammer there.

The empire isn't edgy.

G O B L I N S

Top zozzles

Yeah, I searched for it again and found it. Maybe I skipped it without realizing. Thanks.

>Skull iconography

Pretty edgy there user, not gonna lie. Lots of skulls and violence in the empire.

>non edgy thing in Warhammer fantasy

To be fair Edgy is 40k's shtick not so much Fantasy.

Yea, you got me there. But for the most part they seems like pretty decent people, more than the other factions at least.

Like you can even reach

s-sh-shut up my hat makes me big! BIG!

Me too and just about a week ago gave it a go. Its pretty good now

Ariel doesn't usually have a combat role and hasn't had a model/rules for a few editions. Naestra/Arahan are supposedly living reflections of her essence and do the fighting in her stead. They'd be a great LL choice.

you're in the wrong province motherfucker

Lumpin Croop's Fighting Cocks