/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

no (embed) edition

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: Any / 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without hardware modifications or system transferring hacked DSiWare from a CFW'd 3DS. See the downgrade guide for info on these options. Better options aren't expected anytime soon.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway. i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png

>Vita
-Homebrew available now on latest firmware (3.60). henkaku.xyz

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/435788/
youtube.com/watch?v=nVSHDVmtg1E
youtube.com/watch?v=93381ycNN_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=2-ch98JB3mQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pYG2LYBblpk&feature=youtu.be
anthe.studio/bubblestudio/
smealum.github.io/3ds/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

see you in 5 hours, bricko

I actually really like playing quake on my vita.

see you in 5 hours, bricko

3rd for removing news from the OP

-Playing 3DS with various controllers now possible gbatemp.net/threads/435788/

I really really like vitagen.

So fucking autistic lmao. And I say this as one of vitagen's homebrew posters

(you)

Has anyone played Bugs vs Tanks? How is it?

It only has a Metacritic score of 50, but it's a Level 5 game and Level 5 makes good games...?

>stuck on 3ds splash screen after opening game
what does it mean

It's going nuclear in there.
Shame, when it's comfy, it's ultra comfy.

Couldn't have removed it if it wasn't there in the first place. I'll add it next op, bricko

Re: the OP that did remove it

Vitagen's disallowed topics:
>Accessories Discussion
>Themes Discussion
>Fan Translation Discussion
>Homebrew Discussion
>Emulator Discussion

Vitagen's allowed topics
>Waifu Posting (regardless of relation to Vita or Sony)
>Censorship Posting
>Games Posting

I really do think they should just rename themselves to "Vita Games General" cause at this point they're basically MUH SEKRET CLUB

Fuck on

>have old 10.7 3DS with OoT
>order powersaves for oot3dhax
>while waiting for it to arrive new browserhax and menuhax come out
Alright, I guess I have a choice now at least. Which am I least likely to fuck up?

I'm pretty sure it's because the game was made after an update. Like if you were to play Smash 4 in an old FW, 6.0 or something. Update.

I hadn't gone back far enough
I'll add it later geez, calm down

go with browserhax

you can't return the powersaves?

Is it time for me to post more Ben 10 in Vitagen? It's Vita related afterall.

you could be right
how am I supposed to play RHM now?

I am not blaming you for anything besides making the thread early, you calm down.

Just install a9lh dude

Hey, so my 3DSXL is on 7.1.0 and I put rxtools on it just to do it and then haven't really touched it since.
So where do I go now? I had stuff like FBI and tinyformat on there but I'm guessing that's incredibly outdated at this point.
And I guess the browser thing isn't working anymore for some reason so I can't get into rxtools anymore anyway.

Do you think Mario Kart 8 will one day ever get a dedicated hacking scene that makes the game Waaay better, like Mario Kart Wii did?

youtube.com/watch?v=nVSHDVmtg1E
youtube.com/watch?v=93381ycNN_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=2-ch98JB3mQ

o-ok
i just really wanted to remove the embed

Just update, user. It should work.

Hey you faggot, I heard you like being dominated, huh? Well now you gotta rate my 3DS game collection. That's what you're doing. Rate it now you faggot.

just update like normal?
I haven't updated it since I put the emuNand on it months ago

I'm trusting you
how many of those pictures do you have?

Kirby/10

Check the guides if your CFW (rxTools, Luma, Rei, Cakes) can handle 11.0, but I'm pretty sure all can.

Many.

(Do)

Well, it wasn't that.
It's still stuck on the splash screen

Anyone have any of the Yokai Watch 2 games? I can't find the title key or a CIA.

Will Nintendo come out with a new handheld? I'm debating if I should wait or get n3ds XL

That's weird. Reinstall the cia, use other cia installer, reboot, between others. Just try everything you can until you get what you want.

NX is looking like it's going to be a handheld console hybrid

Is there a way for me to get to 9.2 without having a game? Everywhere I'm looking says to use rxTools to update or update with a game, but rxTools can't boot up and I don't know how else to do it.

How well do SNES Romhacks run on the SNES VC (3ds)? Asking because I don't wanna waste time manually injecting one if they don't play well.

Ah shit, never mind. I thought it came out on July 30th.

yes as long as you have a working browser

Depends on the game. Cite specific examples and you'll get better answers.

C O M I N G
S O O N
youtube.com/watch?v=pYG2LYBblpk&feature=youtu.be

It's because I already formatted AGAIN through System Settings, retard.

Holy fuck this cannot be serious. I got almost to the very end of the guide where it tells me I need to move all my shit off the SD card because I'm about to wipe it to remove RedNAND, and halfway through the transfer it stops and says my SD card became corrupted. I didn't finish moving the files off. Anything I can fucking do here?

Fuck. My bad.

Then for the sake of discussion, let's assume I'm a SMW enthusiast, and I want to inject Kaizo Mario (1), Brutal Mario Demo 7.5, and SMW YEAHH.

MKWii was so much more fun than 8, even regardless of hacks or not. It's never happening though.

You're just increasing Vitagen's thread count number and inflating their ego more.

Sure, you succeed in temporarily shitting up their thread, but you also help them increase their activity as well.

Have you checked first that they work on emulators that aren't ZSNES?

Yes, my broswer seems okay. rxTools.dat is returning a 403 Forbidden though.

I don't think SMW has any special chips on cartridge. However, due to the state of emulator development for a very long time, some SMW hacks may rely on emulation errors and won't properly play on other emulators. Chances are good most of them will work, but just keep that in mind.

What I'm doing wrong?

>something nintendo can't remove
neat also a primary exploit so even better for latefags i guess

Well that's a nifty fucking exploit.

Wait.
Is it true you can get games from other regions on one account?
I want hotline miami and netflix from us psn and the toukiden 2 demo and dlc for miku f 1 from jp psn on my eu account!
How do I do this?
I don't want to have to format my primary Vita.

Vita piracy when

>Margen

Nice!

Hopefully never. I don't want to see vitafags happy.

when there's games worth pirating

>*fags
>tfw *fag as well

he just reuploaded the video he didn't make it

oh never mind. I was being silly. I got it working using a different site.

Oh, what the cancerous fuck.

Who knows? It might be this year or the next.

>SD card reader i've used for the past couple years(pic related) is an unreliable piece of shit
>sometimes it would completely freeze windows explorer when plugging in
>often it would transfer files at an abysmal speed
>to fix this i either had to unplug it, remove SD card and put it back in, or switch usb ports

>going through some old boxes with lots of old cables and adapters and shit
>find not only one, but TWO official SanDisk SD readers

>mfw

Bumping with this please. My 3DS won't even recognize the SD and so when you put it in and click the power, it does the "light up for one second" and then boot back down" thing. Since it fucked itself on the transfer of everything before removing the RedNAND, is there something I can do here?

I wouldn't mind waiting a year for piracy if it means localizations aren't affected, as long as piracy actually happens once they stop.

Vita games when

and this is my face when i found them
yay

i'm about to transfer some shit, friends

Stop bullying the vita please ;_;

nvm.

RIP in peace

ok i've successfully hacked my 3ds but when i try to play games online it ask for a system update. what do?

I think it's a bad copy
does that megashare link in the op still get updated?

When you stop having such shit taste

Install the latest version of Luma3DS to fix that.

>ok i've successfully hacked my 3ds
I'm taking this to mean you've completed the entire guide.

>play games online it ask for a system update
Then you would obviously run the system update.

For real or no? Like I can reformat the SD and everything, but I'm not sure where to go from there. Do I just throw all the tools and stuff back onto the card again?

>no one read my blog post
i just wanted to share my happy feelings and get some positive reinforcement

I read it you dumb anime poster

If it makes you feel any better, you made me happier by posting a cute anime girl

i read it and gave you an ebin upboat

i don't watch anime but i felt that those anime girls conveyed the feelings that i were experiencing

nice

I want a "blast from the past" shitposting

has anyone been banned yet?

>cake

i finished the whole guide, and have al9h+luma3ds - i might of missed it, but if i want to switch to a larger sd card, all i have to do is copy and paste all the shit onto the new card?

Yes. It's a godsend.

Yes, and optionally use emuNAND9 or similar to format the new card just right before use.

From where?

From Nintendo? Only Flashcart users. .cia installs can't be detected or banned. eShop downloads via CIAngel or Freeshop, or the redownloads, can be detected but Nintendo hasn't done anything about it yet.

From Sony? Nope. Only time will tell if they're even able to.

From /vitagen/? Yes, several ">>>hbg" posters have been banned, along with a few homebrew spammers.

9.9 NEVER EVER

>several ">>>hbg" posters have been banned, along with a few homebrew spammers

This makes me warm.

10.6 / 10.7 now have free hax

Anyone else having trouble using this?

anthe.studio/bubblestudio/

I haven't touched anything regarding 3DS hacking in months so I'm looking for some quick help here.

I downloaded the newest version of emunand9: EmuNAND9-20160606-224510. Upon opening the folder, I get these files in pic related.

Where do I place them? All I remember is that I placed emunand9 in the 3ds folder, but pic related has some extra things. Where do I place those? I'm trying to back everything up.

Isn't menuhax more-or less the only free hax now?
browserhax requieres an up-to date FW and you can't do the date trick on a 10.7 afaik.

>Browserhax requires an up-to date FW and you can't do the date trick on a 10.7 afaik

Someone hasn't read the OP in a while.

Or been here in a while.

Seriously, is this your first thread in like a week?

From the OP:
>11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/

I'm trying to run VC games on my Wii U and can't seem to get them running. I'm downloading the proper files from the sources found in the pastebin, tossing them on the card and naming them correctly.

I'm able to get them to show up in the list of software I'm able to play, but they don't have an icon and won't play when selected - anyone know what's up?

Please

No, it's not true you can get games from multiple regions on one account. I have no idea where you heard that.

It IS true that we will very soon be able to have multiple accounts on one memory card though, so that should probably solve your problems anyways. Very soon though, in a few days we'll get it.