/ssbg/ - Super Smash Bros. General

>News
- Update 1.1.6 now available for download!

- 1.1.6 Balance Patch Notes:smashboards.com/threads/436806/

- 1.1.5 Balance Patch Notes:smashboards.com/threads/433162/

>Resources and Guides
pastebin.com/TD8zsDJ1

/ssbg/ has an OFFICIALâ„¢ discord and has for quite some time:
discord.gg/mj4QqDC

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

shoryuken.com/2016/07/28/same-time-next-year-super-smash-bros-for-wii-us-future-at-evo/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Let it die

>Chazo stalks the threads 24/7 so he can jump on the chance to put his shitcord hugbox in the next OP
loving every laugh

Dead thread, dead game

Let it live

Why does the smash 4 community try so hard to be like melee? I heard they're trying to make a documentary

Melee didnt invent documentaries

after 2 years? theres barely any history to even put in a documentary yet. Each ep of the Melee one covered like 1-2 years

Well apparently someone disagrees be a use they're considering it. It might hardly be a documentary bit there's material to work with

I don't think you know what you're talking about. Nobody actually thinks this but you

This. He is literally stalking the threads even though they are dead as fuck. Get a life chazo

Tfw dead thread

Reminder to submit to Moxy

no

fuck off lister

kek that makes no sense

A LOT of shit happened since the release of smash 4 with waaay more footage to work from, also, the documentary is supposed to cover brawl which was literally bullied into meme status by the melee documentary. The power of media you know.

Brawl being good is actually just a meme at this point

Let this thread fucking die chazo

Sounds like a bad case of entitlement and unwarranted self importance you got there. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it any less real.

Reminder to not post in a chazo thread until we can make a decent new one again with the real discord link
Let this one die

Why would anyone listen to you? Not everyone is your mindless toadie. People just want to play smash and couldn't give a damn about your drama

bc chazo (u) are a scumbag

What people? There is no one left here anymore thanks to you, just look at this thread

It makes sense that the start of a new thread to be slow, especially considering the last one archived early for the same reasons.

>it makes sense that chazo makes a thread and it drowns in shitposts
/ssbg/ logic

nice smash discussion we got here

shoryuken.com/2016/07/28/same-time-next-year-super-smash-bros-for-wii-us-future-at-evo/

Tr4sh BTFO

Sounds about right. I just hope sm4sh has gained enough traction to keep it relevant for at least another 2 years

Do you think we'll see smash 4 at evo next year at all? Considering practically no new fighting games will be out between that time...

Melee: Is a good game, has lots of tournaments far and wide. most viewers of any game on twitch at evo
Smash 4: Is a good game, has lots of tournaments far and wide... however, has many pedos, so it gets poor treatment at evo
Third Strike: Not at Evo
PM: Not at Evo
MvC: Was at Evo
Hmmm.....

Live

Reminder to not post in a chazo thread until we can make a decent new one again with the real discord link
Let this one die

There is no real discord. Why do you fucks feel the need to even come to /ssbg/ if you have your discord? You're all absolutely cancer

At what game does this game stop being fun for you? Excessive lag aside, nothing makes me angrier than anyone who picks lylat cruise ever

Sm4sh players are kinda boring and one dimensional. Zero is a smug fatass who still thinks he's God'sgift to smash and everyone else is still creaming themselves when they beat him. Nairo is a huge fraud and we'll probably see ESAM get his own segment. Sm4sh "history" is ass nigga

its been 3 years and i still want to fuck kokonoe

Lit who?

Hey fellas
I'm trying to get better and practice for an upcoming tourney.
Anyone wanna spar a bit?
NNID: cjplzz

I don't know what that means

I'll play, adding you in a minute

Good games, tis been fun. Good luck if your tourney is later today. Remember to eat breakfast, dont let your hands get cold, warm up before your set, and generally to play your best and you have nothing to regret.

Fuck off Moxy

Did you guys know that westballz' real name is actually Westonius Ballsack Westsidestory?

i want to ride on charizard

anyone here
NORTHERN/WEST EU?

i wanna play against someone with good connection!

Get your head out of your ass, Chronos. Dont drag new people into your drama

>only chronos has a problem with chazo

Touhou for smash when?

best girl when

>implying

Fuck off langston

the fuck is this

sm4sh NX leaked screenshots of a new game mode

Reminder

why is her arm broken

I don't do Touhou but I like this picture of Clownpiece I saw on the 4th of July

its cute!

wonder how many normalfags saw this picture
just the thought is triggering me

nice smashdiscussion you guys got here

whos your smashtp?

smash sucks who cares
might as well play mario party

fuck off chad

>donkey kong is a bad matchup

>chad
>chazo thread
>mario party talk

nice smash bros thread, let it die

that's not what jim means

can you wait out little macs ko punch? does it go away if he doesn't use it soon enough?

Why did I almost lose to a Diddy spamming Side-B and peanuts? I don't know if it's because I suck, I'm using the GC controller to get better, online lag or a combination, but I'm infuriated. I just need a break I think, Christ.

Side b is a pretty good move

no
like in the games he has to have it beaten out of him

press the spotdodge button

I know but he kept using it over and over again and it kept working. I was playing a Meta Knight, trying him out, it actually went to Sudden Death. Villager did better, I was able to adapt, but I didn't completely beat the strategy and it felt bad.

I do tend to forget about some of my options. FG really gave me bad habits I can't break out of, especially when I'm transitioning controllers. Thank you.

If you think he's gonna use it, can MK's aerials beat it out if you time it well? Nair might be the only questionable one. You could try Ftilt too

no problem dude

Diddy's flip is good but it's also one of his main weaknesses because it's predictable and punishable with a disjoint. Just hit him out of it

Yeah, my tilts need practice, I've noticed I keep smashing instead of tilting. It's like learning the game over again.

Especially if you're playing MK, you can always dash away and reposition yourself to the max range of the flip then punish from there with a grab or something. It forces Diddy to either kick or do the little peanut cancel to get away, you can shield grab the kick, and just reset if he decides to cancel it. But only above average players will utilize that option at all.

Basiy every time you see him flip or suspect he's gonna flip, dash away from him and shield so he can't grab you

Why would people abandon Meta Knight?
+His frame data is still one of the best.
+His mobility is only rivaled by Sheik and ZSS.
+Only a few characters can contest his off stage game.
+He ha a lot of kill confirms in the range 80%-150%.
+He will always come back.
+He is small.
+Has unpredictable recovery with invincible .frames.
+The rufio still works.
+Has coolest attack.
+Pseudo counter

-Is ligth.
-Kill options can be highly punishable.
-Higly depends on combos/strings for damage
-No ranged attack.
-OoS options are punishable.

(Feel free to add missing information)

People are quick to jump the shark when a character's former best option doesn't work or doesn't work as well.

Let this one die

Impossible since it's now been shown that chazo lurks here 24/7 and samefags anonymously to bump threads and force discussion out of obligation.

Oh, I forgot the most important part:
FUN.

If its covering 2 games thats different. Theres maybe only an episode or 2 worth of smash 4 stuff if its going to be in a similar format of the melee doc

Shit i forgot to sage that post sorry

dont worry i gotcha senpai

Tell me the spot where you two get married.

Anyone on the wii u want to play?
North American preferably

Play yes, but only doubes. East Europe speaking.

id play singles with you, but i dont really have fun with doubles, sorry!

I'll play, nnid: perseusrad

Exactly vice versa, have fun.

okay, host a room

Why do Sonic players don't die out?