Job Thread

Where do you work and how is it supporting your Veeky Forums lifestyle? Are you happy with where you work?

not in online datamining like you faggot

Strip bar
Means I can shitpost all day
Very

Unemployed/ full time student and lol no I can't support my Veeky Forums lifestyle. I just begged daddy to let me store my car in his garage until I have more money

I work at a gas station

It's alright since my car has little to no issues, but I wish I had more hours or was better at saving money so I could get a better car. a lot of my money goes towards gas

I hate it

i ask people on Veeky Forums where they work, how much they make and what they drive everyday

>data mining
>on Veeky Forums

Valet
It's easy but not very satisfying and when it gets busy it's stressful as fuck

Not only can I shitpost all day being a gas station cashier, I also get paid for my efforts and I improve my car as a result. Inb4 poorfag my parents own it and I get paid way too much and I work so little in a semi-neet

**im a semi neet

I do hotel maintance and work part time cooking, ive been donating plasma for the past 6 months im saveing for a b18c.

Part time as an office maintenance guy, and do alot of freelance writing on the side.

Office job pays the bills and writing gigs pay for anything I want Veeky Forums related. Saving up for brand new car.

Why new? You can get a 911 for the price of a new FRS

Active Duty Military. I'm in an office job now and shitpost more than doing actual work.

I'm NEET.

I never said what car I was saving up for. I currently just drive a beater shitbox, still my first car.

I don't come from much so if I can have one nice thing in life, I want it to be a car.

I work at a scrapyard
$17/hr just weighing in/out and shipping materials.
I'm taking a motorcycle course next week and I'm alright with this job.

I'm the same way, but you can get a slightly used car that's nicer than a brand new car, just food for thought

I'll keep an eye out for used 2016 dodge challenger scat packs in red with the appearance package then.

Service advisor at a dealership.

I hate people.

>service writer
>farm manager

I definitely make more money off of the farm, and playing with stocks, but I met pretty much all of my car friends/connections through working in the auto industry.

I work here.
>pic related
Was my dream job but I kind of hate it now

Good man

Firefighter/paramedic. It pays me enough to get by. Looking into investing in real estate in the near future, which will hopefully help my dreams of buying expensive vehicles become a reality. And yes, very happy with where I work.

Pizza hut delivery.

I hoon my car around all day, I get paid to hoon. Everyone who works there is into their cars and we all stance and rice our shitboxes.

Literally the easiest job going

>Implying I work

lol i know the feels

im a service manager at the largest busiest shop (for my company) in arizona

> 10 techs that are twice my age, hate taking orders from me even though i sell them all flushes/struts-shocks/alignments/belts/hoses like im selling wiper blades in seattle

> its amazing how childlike grown men can act

> if you're ever curious how fucking stupid the general public is, spend a week answering incoming phone calls at a repair shop. you'll know why in the first hour.

> my techs getting accused of all kinds of wild shit like: he stole my $12 in the glove box because he's a racist, he moved my gun to hide it from me and now i want a refund, he didnt do the work i paid for even tho you "claim" those are my old parts, he didnt install the cotter pin on the castle nut and when i was backing out of my garage the entire suspension collappsed...." etc etc etc

the money is fucking good tho. for no college, and not having kids (or even a GF rn desu) its pretty tits.

Same here familia, it's not a bad gig

Costco
Im poor as fuck because of my region. rent is $1400 for a tiny 2 bedroom appartment with no parking space
Meh.

Industrial machine operator, and fuck no.

I hear good things about Costco. Like there's good pay and lots of benefits. Is it worth it? There's one in town and a in two of the nearby towns

>rent is $1400 for a tiny 2 bedroom appartment with no parking space
do you live in the middle of downtown san francisco or something

A two bedroom apartment in sf runs like 2895$

i have no reaction for this holy shit

welcome to california

and you wonder why we want higher minimum wage, i can work 2 full time minimum wage jobs and never make enough to actually buy a home in a non ghetto area

tell us some work secrets m8

we actually all think fwd is shitty

What do you want to know?

Work
>Tesla Motors
>Inspector
>Vehicle Test Driver

If you think the price of everything else isn't going to increase along with the minimum wage then you're delusional

>19
>never had a real job

how the hell do I get my first job so I can support my project shitbox dd?? it's in need of wheels/tires and I ain't got shit to pay for them

apply as a dishwasher in a restareaunt that was my first job when i was 18

I did apply to office depot today, but the thing is, minimum wage here in cali is 10 fuk bux and I'm sure places would rather hire someone with experience than someone that doesn't

know what you're doing when it comes to cars?
find a mom and pop automotive shop and work there.

know what you mean. I make $25 an hour, work 12 hours a day, 5-6 days a week. Cheapest apartment in my area is $2500 a month.

I mean I did recently fix my project shitbox dd so that it would pass smog (2 bad injectors + clogged cat) but I've only been driving for a year, thus not knowing too much about cars

Look famuel just apply.
No experience 18 year old and I'm working at an oil change shop. Good gig. You never know until you try.

no dont apply there you will only get like 10 hours a week dude. you need to apply to places that will offer full time even fast food gives you more hours i live in california and its 9$ m8

according to the all knowing google, the minimum wage in cali is $10/hr as of january this year

all fast food places I've applied to require references and I don't have any.....

Just put your parents. They won't care.
Hell, do you have a high school teacher/college professor you were close with? You could put them too.

>fast food places requiring references.
wtf thats bottom of the barrel jobs man. they shouldnt have any requirements other than you being alive to be their slave.
apply at walmart or jiffy lube places to get started as an oil change tech nad move your Veeky Forums career in the right path
well shit.

Put family. Just have them say you mow their lawn or some shit.

I don't give a shit, until that happens I'd like some more dosh please because the city won't function without menial workers

I work at Toys R Us making only like $1100 a month. $300 of that goes to bills, about $150 for gas sometimes more, ~$300 saved and most of the rest on food because I go to restaurants a lot. It's not great in SoCal but I'm most likely getting a supervisor position soon with a pay raise.

Just got a new job at Amazon. At minimum (40 hours a week) I make $1600 a month after tax, +4% more if you have perfect attendance, +4% more if your team gives 105%. Plenty of opportunity for OT, they offer it pretty much year round. Been there all of a month and the managers love me, pretty much first in line for advancement at this point.

Saving up to move out and then buy a car I really like. Gonna be an 3rd gen F-body but I'm not sure whether to get a Trans Am, normal Firebird, or Camaro yet.

CNC Programmer.

I work 65+ hours a week.

It's killing my ability to wrench on weekends. I get 1 day a week to wrench.

the plus side tho, I'm making some serious cash. I may be a wage slave, but it's allowing me to buy some bigger, nastier engine parts.

Pic related. 413 SBC progress as of Sunday.

>Where do you work
Rural dairy farm.

>how is it supporting your Veeky Forums lifestyle?
The money is there. Unfortunately I have absolutely no time to do anything. I work 365 8 hour shifts a year. I get every other weekend off.

>Are you happy with where you work?
No. It's the reason I'm looking to move out of the rust belt. Set on New Mexico. Going to start looking for a place next week. Hoping like hell I can get out of Michigan by July at the latest.

no college debt

im torn between buying a house or continuing to rent until im 30 and have like 4 or 5 cars then going in on a buissness

put your grandma, your best friend, and your fave teacher in school

I'm an industrial technician. I do R&D work, which means I'm the guy that tells engineers: "I told you so" on a daily basis.

It's nice because I'm constantly doing something different every day, whether it be welding, spinning wrenches, or making wiring harnesses, plus it pays very well. I also get to travel the globe to install our bigger machines.

It's helped me accumulate all of my tools, and if I ever need something I don't have, I just pull one of my cars into one of our warehouses and do the work there.

I've learned a lot, and it has made me extremely confident working on every inch of my vehicle whether it be wiring, suspension, or drive train.

I am retired, living on $90k / year plus social security (vacation and new car money).

Thanks and keep working.

Why New Mexico?

How do you work 365 days while getting every other weekend off?

>quality sqe for FCA
>literally 80 hours of work/phonecalls a week.
Pay is good though and i get really good discounts on cars.

im a freshman in college lol kms

I really liked the sunrise when I drove through there last year. Browsing NM craigslist ads blows me away. You wouldn't believe the price difference for a rust free vehicle.

I was originally considering Nevada.

I double every other weekend.

Air Force
Air Craft Avionics

If we have no flyers or none of our systems happen to be broke to shit then I just usually sit inside the shop and shoot the shit with people and lurk on here and /g/.

Our support (tool checkout) is cool to, we can long term some pretty good tools here and there and work on things at home that may be needed.

I'm a Project/Account manager for a direct mail/printing company.

I'm pretty happy with it. I lost a little over 10k a year taking this job but it got me back to my hometown where I'm way happier. Went from 70 hour work weeks open/closing a big store where I was constantly running around and at times highly stressed working most weekends and holidays to an 8-5 monday-friday job with most holidays off.

Isn't the most exciting work but in my opinion it's easy and I enjoy a set schedule and not feeling like death every night and stressed out about work even when I'm not at work.

that's what counts, being happy

Fuck off you unemployed leeches of society.

Is something like Midas good for a job? I'm tired of my gas station job and I've had a few people say I should work somewhere around cars

I work in rural Iowa grinding corn
production supervisor/process engineer
Its not a bad place to work, plus it pays pretty well, made $80k last year

Give the welder his hood back and pick the broom back up you ugly fuck

Good thing you work at Volkswagen. You will never run out of work since those fucking things are pieces of shit

Ah, I see you're jelly.

so much orange

Good thing I don't work for Volkswagen, as it was just a work shirt. Volkswagens are just as reliable as anything else as long as you keep up with all the preventative maintenance. It's not like a Toyota that you can just neglect and it won't care.

I don't work anywhere right now unfortunately, all my cars are broke down (2 in 2 weeks plus project doesn't run) and my gf is paying bills right now. Sucks ass tbqh.

One of these days...

>CNC Programmer.

What do you do on a day to day basis?

some cashier at a grocery store that I know has an 93 rx-7 and he gets paid 10$/h
he quit college to make money and "intends going back"
>priorities

wont' happen

Amazon fulfillment warehouse. Not a bad job by any means but it doesn't support my Veeky Forums lifestyle very well.

He definitely has his priorities straight.

You're lucky she hasn't dumped you or cucked you yet.

Midas, Jiffy Lube, stuff like that will definitely get you around cars. Unfortunately, not the cool ones. You'll get landbarges owned by niggers that don't take care of themselves much less the car, certified pre-owned™ "new" cars that aren't covered by warranty, and rust buckets that is you're surprised are still running.
You will never, I repeat NEVER get something like an RX7 or poopra in the garage. Those cars are usually owned by competent* people. But if you just want to work around cars, by all means go for it.

*by competent I mean are able to do their own preventative maintenance

Merchandiser for 7up

16.25/hr comes to about 600/week(solid amount of OT + mileage reimbursement)

It's ok, have comfortable amount to pay bills and shit. Braindead stuff but pretty physical some days. Drive an insane amount some weeks too

How do I get into this? I'm tired of being a mechanic

I don't think you need much if any experience, just a reliable car + insurance

Just look up "merchandiser" on indeed it's how I got it. Bay Area is hiring up, I'm sure other areas are too for summer

currently work at a car part warehouse where we distribute shit to garages and stores.

pays living wage in my area with loads of overtime, 6 to five days a week

can get any almost any part or "top tier"car fluid i need with a discount or if we dont have in stock can have it delivered to the warehouse for free.

its a pretty easy job only shit that sucks in my opinion is taking inventory but its easy money considering all the other shit i used to do.

>bmw and mercedes are shit tier

thinking of buying a bmw badge and hang it off the back of my nissans just to piss em off

i just recently started as a "butchers helper" in a local grocery store a week or so ago, i like it pretty good but i havent spent any money on my cars yet, i dont want to blow all of what little first paycheck i got just yet its 7.25/hr so i ean its money but i should have a good bit to spend on my cars

Hoho.

Make 39k a year. Work maintenance.
Live in 1 room cabin.
Booze weed and broken shit baby.

Life is better at the botton

I work at a brewery, all the free beer helps numb the pain of owning a 30 year old shitbox that develops new fluid leaks and other issues every fucking week.

neato

exactly. I was 3 hours away from home working for Target making good money but 70+ hours. No friends really. It was my college town but all the friends I had went to school with had graduated with me and left.
Just had my gf left whom I had a downhill trend going on with since the month before I moved back up there for the job in november.
By mid february I realized when summer hit with my schedule and no access to any place to work on my shit or anything - that I wouldn't be able to do anything with all my car/motorcycle.. I'd miss most family gatherings.

decided then that even if I couldn't find a decent job back home I was going to move back.

Got lucky and got my job now. Moved back. Broke up with my gf. Moved back into home. It's funny because it sounds like it'd be bad to most people - moving back in with parent(s), ending a long term relationship, taking a paycut.

For me though - it made me worlds happier. Can't even describe how much more mentally and even physically happier I am.

I'm a high school janitor.

I drive a 1999 Corolla.

I am severely depressed.

I'm a doctor...money's not really a problem, but time to dick around on the subaru is limited.

well user i was in almost the exact same situation
I moved up to tennessee with my aunt and got a job so i stayed there for a year, got a wild hair up my ass to bring my project truck up there with me and try and make it run while i was there i ended up making it run but i had gotten so tired of living there i moved back in with my parents in Carolina now the truck /kinda/ runs and ive got a car and a job so i guess im doing okay

I'm a manager at Autozone, but I'm one year out from med school. It's pretty good, plenty of parts to fix my Acura shitbox and I get a 20% discount.

Get a job at Autozone. If you know more than the average joe off the street, and are computer savvy they will snap you up fast.

More like welcome to Denver. That's on the low end.

Pic related
It isn't
sort of