Do these really live up to its hype of being "an enthusiast's crossover"?

Do these really live up to its hype of being "an enthusiast's crossover"?

I dont even know what an "enthusiast crossover" is. What, they're racing those now?

>enthusiast's crossover
Nigga you just went full retard

No. Sporty crossover is an oxymoron. If you want a sports car, get a sports car. If you need space, get a sedan or minivan.

It shares the Mazda 3 and 6 chassis.

Yea I know. Salesmen and marketers try to say crossovers are sporty just so nu-males don't think they're completely getting cucked when they really are.

>enthusiast's crossover
You got shit over by using that word but it's pretty normal. Okay, as far as I've driven a CX5 among other segment crossovers such as the Rav4 and the escape, the CX5 is definetly the best handling crossover.

>mazda
>any hype besides being a cuck car

lel

>an enthusiast's crossover

I'll be buying one here this month. I was against it till I actually sat in one and drive it.

Filthy casual.

No. Mazda is a meme car in general.
Only decent handling crossovers are:
X1/X5
evoque
macan duh

and the contender with enormous potential and 3rd the price vitara s. Burgers don't get it, though...

If a Mazda is a "enthusiast crossover" wtf is the F-Pace, Macan and the soon to be released Stelvio?
Hyper crossovers?

They happen to be a fuck ton more expensive than the MX-5. We're comparing it to shit like the RAV4 and Ford Escape

I have a question

How are the Rav4 and Escape considered crossovers? A new model Escape is bigger than my '00 Explorer. I always through crossovers were shit like the Crosstrek, Opel Mokka/Buick Encore, Nissan Juke, Honda HR-V, Mazda CX-3, and Jeep Renegade. I feel like the term "crossover" is way too broad, and things like the Escape, Rogue, Rav4, and Forester are too large to be called "crossovers". Or am I just being autistic?

If it's based on a car, it's a crossover. Escape is based on the focus and the Explorer is based on the Taurus.

This.
"Crossover" is not related to size.

That's a strange definition.

The Explorer is definetly not a crossover, but because it shares a Taurus chassis that means it is? Don't most auto makers base their SUV chassis on cars anyways? I can't think of many that are built from the ground-up on a dedicated chassis or truck chassis.

I drive a crossover.

Crossover means "does nothing well, does everything meh".

"Enthusiast" means "more power than prudent, but with either a shitty stiff ride, or with a sloppy dangerous suspension." It's still all about your right foot. But in this case you're driving a vehicle with a hobble skirt and ankle chains.

You're definition and opinion is ignorant

Ignorant of what? I've driven the Euro enthusiast crossovers. They handle like shit compared to street cars, they ride like shit compared to street cars, and they have too much power for a vehicle with such a high center of gravity.

And fuck you too.

Your old 2000 Ranger based Explorer may not be a crossover, but the current FWD based Explorer is indeed a crossover (car based SUVs is where the term was coined from).
Placing an arbitrary size limit on the term is a strange definition.

You're right. There are very few real suvs on sale right now. Explorer used to be an suv when it had a real frame shared with the Ranger.

There's a metric shitload of truck based SUVs these days, even if they're not available in your region. Think stuff like Tahoes and 4Runners.