Softest-riding vehicle

I'm looking for the absolute most comfortable car on the market that isn't boring. I just got my license back after 2 years of surgeries and physical therapy. Unfortunately my FR-S which I already had is way too uncomfortable and low-riding.

So I'm selling my FR-S and allocating another $25k of savings I had to buying a new car. I need something absolutely comfy, black or dark brown leather seats with 16+ position adjustable seats, and preferably somewhat fun to drive.

Some modern sedans have a comfortable high ride height, but often times they're super fucking boring like a Buick LaCrosse. I was looking at the Acura RDX, Acura TLX w/3.5 V6 P-AWS, Lexus ES350, Lexus NX 200t, VW Passat V6, VW Touareg, and the Volvo S80.

I know there are a lot of options for comfort, but I want comfort that's still enjoyable to drive.

Buy a Buick roadmaster for 2500 bucks and call it a day.

Dodge Charger in 5.7 In a 6 speed manual
Idk if I'd get an auto dodge in any car their trannies suck

Lexus ES350
>Absolute old-man car
>Comfy as fuck
>dat 40mpg

Volvo S80
>That's the most sportiest car in the list.

It's not comfy, I already tried my (now deceased) grandmother's '96 Roadmaster.
>FIAT
'no'

I hate anything FCA too buy the 5.7l is a good engine and you won't have any problems with a manual

My issue with getting a more "sporty" car is that they typically have a stiffer suspension, which is why I'm unfortunately ruling out the f-sport line from Lexus, the ILX, most Mercedes models, etc.

If you want a comfortable car DO NOT buy a Honda, that includes Acura.

It sounds like you're trying to have your cake and eat it too.

Part of 'excitement' in driving is stiff and low suspension.

I recommend finding a comfy car that has lots of horsepower so you can get your giggles from acceleration since you won't get them from cornering.
Probably something American.

For that price your best bet is probably a used Lexus GS. They're comfortable but still fun to drive.

Should I just wait, and have my dad keep carpooling me for the next year or so? Maybe in a year after more pain management and physical therapy I'd be able to either keep my FR-S, or upgrade to an actual sports car.

But that's not a guarantee according to my doctors.

Why's that?

I was heavily considering Lexus, but what's the difference between the IS, ES, and GS?

Comfort and health come first bro, if you want a car then you should buy one that's comfy.
'Sporty' suspensions aren't everything

toyota avalon

Don't listen to this faggot, Accord and TLX is comfy as fuck.

Any Citroën on hydropneumatics. Nothing short of a Rols-Royce even comes close.

Citroen isn't sold in the states.

If you are able to I highly suggest test driving a 2016 civic. They are surprisingly comfy and the turbo 1.5 is pretty zippy around town.

The new Civic is shit.

Jaguar anything from the mid 2000s with the 3.0 or an XF V6. Both will be the comfiest you can get for the dollar and the 3.0 is a Ford Duratec which is fairly reliable if a bit low on hp.

And why is this?

speaking of v6's the hyundai kia 3.3 v6 is a crap motor, avoid cars with that motor

I'd rather choose an Accord over a Civic.

How are maintenance costs? My mom has a 2015 XJ 3.0 V6 and general cost of ownership is absurd.

Don't the turbo 4 cylinders also have plenty of issues?

I own a 2016 Accord sport and it rides pretty smooth, not as smooth as the other models like the ex or ex/l since mine has the 19 inch rims.

Cvt, shitty safety features, not a liftback, factory rice

I have an X-Type and costs are same as a Ford Contour SVT/ Mondeo ST220. Some parts are bespoke like the PTU on the AWD models but they rest is butter. If you do get an XF, get an early one with the crap looking headlights. Parts are now available for 1st gens so repair costs are lowering. And what all has she had go wrong? Jag dealers (all lux dealers really) gouge like a motherfucker on parts costs and labor. They wanted close to 700 to replace a rear brake caliper. My total cost was under $140 including the pads and rotors from name brand companies.

It's worse because it's a better economy car in every way to it's predecessor?

Yeah that's why it's the highest selling car in its segment and faster than the Civic Si on rolling start.
You probably bought the 9th gen like a fucking retard.

Get a Lexus LS460

Newer=/=better
Bigger=/=better

It's too pigfat to be a civic.

No, I drive a real civic.

If you want a soft ride OP just get a Camry, it's the most spongy car I've ever driven. Turning is shitty though since it's so soft and no road feel, that's probably why every one gets into accidents.

Some clapped out EG hatch with a few simple mods?

AUDI A6 3.0 TDI

Toyotas legitimately made me a worse driver when I'm in them because of how non-existent the feedback is

You drive an old Civic because you're poor.

Nah, em2. When it was actually a small car.

Not really. I could go buy a new one if I wanted.

But you don't because you deliver pizzas and you're poor.

^

Where you live OP? Sell me ur meme machine

Buy an Audi A4 or A6. Maybe even an A5 if you still want a coupe.

Key West

This. Just avoid the larger wheels if possible. Otherwise a Buick LaCrosse. Again, avoid 'sport'.

Avoid anything Subaru. They have heavy duty suspensions built to take big punishment, not give a nice ride. Even my Outback Limited is a little too jiggly for my taste. Then again, I can take speed bumps at 30 mph.

Honda Accord Sport might be right up in your alley, you have the CVT or 6spd manual option and they're both comfortable and handles great.
It's the top car in its class.
You could check out the mazda6 also.

Whatever you get, make sure it has a lot of sidewall

Since you are coming back from surgeries and physical therapy, BEFORE BUYING, be sure to pay attention to rear view visibility not just of cars when backing up, but of pedestrians that continue to walk behind you as you back up. Many cars are made with limited rear view and basically need you to buy an expensive rear view camera options package. Otherwise, you cannot see behind you.

Another factor is the large rear and side blind spots when trying to change lanes on the freeway. Keep that in mind for your new car choice.

NX200t is definitely comfortable but it's not as comfortable or smooth as a 6 cyl would be. I'd recommend you get a 6 cyl. vehicle because they are noticeably smoother, less jumpy, and less noisy.

>Lexus RX350 or RX450h - I know the image is off but it's one of the most comfortable "affordable" production cars on the market
>ES350 or ES300h- A good bet, and reliable, but it is pretty boring - same as the Lacrosse, I think the ES350 and Lacrosse are even more boring than the RX. I believe the ES300h has a 4 cyl. engine so be sure to really test it out to make sure it isn't jumpy - it shouldn't be, the battery motor should add a good amount of smoothness to the powertrain - plus you can peel off without the engine turning on - that's comfy
>Acura's aren't comfortable vehicles (with the exception of the MDX and RLX (sort of)) they tend to have more road noise than competitors and more sporty suspension set ups which leads to a harsher ride. Although if you want a premium, capable sedan the TLX with SH-AWD is definitely the way to go. You just lose some comfort that you would find in a Lexus
>VW Passat V6 - no, don't even consider this.
>I don't have much experience with the Touareg, I've driven it before and it feels large. Lots of space, upscale interior but I couldn't tell you how the ride is because I don't remember. Although the Touareg will definitely not be as reliable as your other options.
>Volvo S80 may be a good option, no experience with this car either, but it sells on comfort and safety alone.

Flex Ecoboost, they're deceivingly quick.

BMW's with m sport package (not full on M) have the most adjustable seats on the market as well. They're expensive but people swear on them

>comfortable
Lol no they're pretty stiff for their class. TLX would suite OP more. I drive a lowered civic and I thought the Accord Sport from factory was stiff.

I hate Japanese cars but the Acura RDX is extremely comfortable.
Ride is too smooth, power steering is too easy to turn and overall experience is too isolated for my tastes but it sounds like that's what you're looking for.

Hard to beat a good Brit when it comes to comfyness.
Get a jag if you can take care of one.

>I was heavily considering Lexus, but what's the difference between the IS, ES, and GS?

IS is a RWD compact sports car. It competes with the 3 series.

ES is a FWD car based on the Toyota Avalon. It's basically there as your entry-level quiet luxury car. It kinda competes with the E-class.

GS is the mid-size sports luxury car. It competes with the 5 series.

The current IS steering, chassis, and suspension is much better than the current 340i. The ES is comfy but boring. The V6 in it is nothing to write home about. I haven't driven the GS so I don't have an opinion on it.

Your best bet is probably going towards the GS, if possible go to the LS. The differene between them is that the GS is a mid sized luxury car whereas the LS is a fullsize luxury car. the IS is the entry level.

>No, I drive a real civic.

Veeky Forums translation: I drive a poorfag old piece of shit but I falsely justify it in my mind.