Acura ILX

Are these good daily drivers? You can buy a used one for only a grand or two more than a similar mileage Civic.

That's because it's a Honda in a tuxedo

It's probably ok in manual form. But it's gutless because it weighs more than the civic. There are nicer cars and more powerful cars for the money.

That's fine, I just want a long lasting shitbox, and I don't see why I shouldn't pay $1000 more for the badge.

>marketed as a fuel efficient Civic in a tuxedo
>requires premium gas

I just compared this thing's cost of fuel compared to my 10 year old Hyundai with a 3.3L V6. It barely saves you $200 per year and it's almost twice as slow.

Why didn't Acura just put the Civic powertrain in this thing?

It has the K24 from the si iirc.

I'm talking about the 2.0. it's a gutless 150hp engine that gets 26/34 with PREMIUM. Why the fuck such a high compression for a lousy low output engine?

it's a fucking civic, why pay a premium to have a leather equipped rebadged civic that might've come equipped with a manual? that's the only reason they even made the car because honda thought americans were dumb enough and affluent enough to buy a more expensive civic that has leather seats and manual but has "prestige" that honda delusionally believes acura has

Because it doesn't look like boyracer trash.

a camry would be more fun than a ilx and it doesn't look like boyracer trash

>a camry would be more fun than a ilx

0/10

0-60 in less than 6 seconds, enjoy your mid 80s era acceleration

they were the only way to get the NSX/Integra and some of Honda's Japan-only cars in the '90s

are you talking about the EL? that never was sold in america?

It's a fucking Camry, there is no steering feel at all, handles like ass and is driven by boomers and grandmas. Stay delusional you stupid faggot. ILX comes with a 2.4L 6 speed manual right out of the Civic Si.

keep trying to justify buying a car that people will judge you on not knowing anything about cars

t. busrider

oh so the autist bought a fucking ilx with his autism bux, it all makes sense now

Even if I had an ILX, it's better than riding the bus.

Or a Camry for that matter.

yeah i'm sure having your mom drive you everywhere is much better

post your car, fuccboi

I'm curious what someone who thinks a Camry is fun drives

They're good looking, comfortable, boring to drive, not really that fuel efficient. Overall sort of mediocre.

>premium car
>premium gas

>civic
>premium car
Pick only one

People that claim acuras are just hondas have never sat in both

What do you expect from Veeky Forums busriders

Yeah it's no different then any other car with a shit ton of rattles and road noise. Have you ridden in one? They're crap

>i don't see why i shouldn't spend one thousand ameribucks on a badge

you are the perfect consumer. thank you for making capitalism function so well

Obviously you haven't or your just biased

I don't know about the ILX, But I have experience with a TL and an accord from the same year. The TL is much more comfortable and has nicer interior, according to Veeky Forums they're the same car

>heh, I'm too poor to afford a luxury car but I get by just fine with my Civic. Yeah, that user sure is throwing his shekels away for a badge, I mean the ilx may be a civic with heated ventilated leather seats, a good infotainment and GPS system, and actually looks like a handsome car, but my base beige cloth lx Civic with the cheetoh and redbull stains on my upholstery and retarded double tier dash with an anemic 1.8l sure does haul my 250lb lard ass around just fine

That car literally looks like a tuxedo