/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Jap tanks edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>teamspeak
Kill yourself desu

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074
>>
Anonymous 07/31/16(Sun)15:34:17 No.150152772▶ 1st for bane

1st for jap tanks where

>Anonymous 07/31/16(Sun)15:34:17 No.150152772▶ → →
>1st for bane

Well I fucked that up

Reminder that Memer_Lemur is Triahx

Japs are never coming, why?

Because getting documentation, good documentation, on jap tanks for WWII is hard. In WoT they only got documentation on a few and there are others that are complete Serbfantasy attempts to remake them. WoT also has lots of non-historical things about their tanks thanks to their 'balance' act and arcade gameplay.

well Gayjin already disregards realism to realism isnt an argument

why didnt anybody warn me that the su-100y was a literal shitboat

excuse you

how is that beastly 130mm carrier anything other than a boxgod amongst tanks

wut

but it can't swim, it's not a bote.

it's the size of a small aircraft carrier, moves about as fast as a snail, and it cant turn
the joy of nuking anything with the 50000000 km/nanosecond round is dulled by the lack of rp and spawn points you get for killing stuff in one hit, and the fact that about 12 hellcats will immediately converge on all 12 of your flanks before you finish reloading

I think you're missing the point of how F U N it is to vaporise Tigers with the 130mm

if you wanted rp you buy a talisman for a free tree tank.

Premium tonks are for silver lions m8

what are you on about

premium tank RP rewards are better than a talisman

Been playing around with the Charioteer.

Mad fun.

Missing a fourth crewman and coaxial machine gun.

No, they aren't.

A Premium tank gets an extra 100%, which is the same as a talismen.

The only reason you're seeing differences is because of the base multiplier of the tank you look at.

An 8.0 tank will always have more RP gain than that of a premium tank with a talisman for instance because it has the highest multiplier.

Honestly the only thing I liked about WoT is the effort they put into researching shit. That cheiften guy or whatever has some interesting videos where he goes inside tanks and shit.

I'm not sure if I enjoy or hate this thing yet.
Last vehicle I need to use to buy the Tortoise so I can start on the Conqueror, but it feels so... odd.
Good gun, shit armor, shit depression, meme-tier mobility. It still confuses me how my loader gets wounded by M2 HMG fire which only pens 28mm when the hull faces have 30mm.

Why are you bothering with the conqueror with the Chieftain ingame?

Not bad nigga

>thunderskill

bad meme

The waifu wants us to go dual allied heavies.
She's a fan of the M103, so I'm taking the Conq out with her.

probably because it's cheaper RP.

desu, the Cent 10 -> Chieftain was such a drag when I did it. I actually wish I did the Conqueror first and grinded off it.

The chieftain is a drag itself for me, sure it gets kills and is easy 2 play but holy fuck if you aren't carrying you won't win. I swear these Teeb + Clapper teams are auto lose and even Teeb + Nazi aren't always good. My chief has a horrible winrate, but I enjoy the occasional game since it does rape every other tank. As soon as I die I have to accept a likely defeat tho unless down syndrome kids on my team actually move and kill things.

What do people have against SPAA tanks anyway?

meme speedsters with autoguns that can kill most tanks depending on the meme SPAA in use.

They fit better into the WTGF meta than actual tanks designed for combat against armored land vehicles.

lots of german ones are basically tank destroyers with tiny spawn cost

btw it has a naval gun, the same which soviet dd used, including those soviet dd which later became the beginning oh chinese fleet

so do you guys think that the T-62 will be as mediocre as the conqueror or the M-103, or do you think that it will be as good as the other MBTs?
pic is M-60A1 and T-62 for height comparison

fuck i forgot to add the pic

when will the Germans get a viable top tier tonk?

leopard

You'll probably see a Leo 1A3, or more likely, the Leo 1A5.

Thanks ultra slav! You the true MVP!

lets hope that they dont add them soon, they would be way too overpowered. When the russians get the T-64 heavy tank and when more atgm tanks are added aswell as further modifications of other top tier tanks, the later leos will probably be introduced

when will britbongs get a viable fighter?

Gas yourself ULQ shitter

The person that suggested them on forums (Maiwaffenteger or something like that) works at a Japanese museum so they have access to that documentation. Devs already contacted them and are currently actually working on Japanese tanks with their help. So not only you can expect Japanese tanks, but you can also expect them to be more historically accurate than WoT's

The only real differences between them besides fire control equipment is this.
1A3: Extra 80mm plates welder to the side of the turret and spaced plating over the gun mantlet.
1A5: Capability to mount 12cm L/44.

I take that back. Ammunition stowage is moved too.

Post instances that you did not expect.

Shoot T-44 frontally from a Crusader Bofors out of desperation.

Round ricochets from the bottom of the barrel, through the driver's optics and kills the driver and gunner.

What a fucking shot.

yes, however the leopard as it stands is currently the most powerful vehicle in war thunder. Other vehicles should be added to further the capabilities of the opposing nations before the currently most powerful tank gets upgraded modes

More than likely, we will see them.
What I foresee is the Leo 1A3 will be the 8.0 tank for the Germans, with the 1A5 being the 9.0 if they don't want to include composite armor tanks.
This would mean we'd be seeing the M60A3 for the Burgers, and probably the Chief Mk. 10 with the addition of stillbrew, which will probably be modeled as High Hardness armor.
I am unsure what we'll see with the T-62 or possible final tier Slav tanks. It most likely depends on if they go with composite armor tank or not.

Also, we'll probably also see the Marksman if we're getting the Gepard as Teeb top tier AAA.

yeah i am interested to see what becomes of the soviets. I hope that the T-64 is added along with many other interesting composite armor tanks

Gaijin will need to entirely rework tank tiers for that to even be considered, Tier V is already being stretched to it's absolute limit.

Out of curiosity, how long have you been playing this game (or more specifically, ground forces) and which nation are you primarily playing?

Well, if they add Composite tanks, we're going to be going down the rabbit hole.

I saw on the Slav Warthunder Twitter a mention of getting 'closer to the T90 and M1'.

Which means we'll probably be seeing the M1A2SEP and such, which means Challenger 2, Leo 1A5 6 or 7, and who knows what else. This would cause many, many more compression issues with the upper tiers.

yes it seems pretty ridicilous that the tiger II 105 or even the Panther II is a tier V

The Twitter manager was joking you autistic retard. How do you NOT pick up on those kind of cues?

One, this IS Gaijin we're talking about.
Two, this was all theoretical on if they 'add Composite tanks'.
I, personally, do not feel as though we'll see anything past the T-62 for the Slavs. Like the T-54, we will see more variants of it.

i have been playing for more or less 2 years, and I play all trees except Japan.
This is faaar down the line hopefully. It would be much more sensible to go back in time through the 30's, 20's, and world war 1 because there is a limited amount of vehicles then, and they would add a whole new depth of gameplay and implement a new meta for low tier

Panther II is tier IV now, which makes literally no difference as they removed the rule that takes in consideration the tier of the vehicle

See
I personally do not believe we'll go beyond metal armor for tanks. They still have yet to properly model the M551.

yes i didnt F5 the page fast enough to see that, but i hope that they would add composite armor tanks only IF they manage to get it right

I wanna see the T-62 Mod 1962 and T-64
T-64 could actually work with the current system mostly, because it shares most it's weak spots with the Chieftain

It should be pretty fuckin obvious they're not going to add modern MBTs when the latest shit we got is from the 1960s

T-64 would be literally downright untouchable by even most 8.0s ingame right now. Stupid, stupid amount of power creep to even consider adding it to the game as it is, with more mobility, armour and firepower than anything else ingame right now.

Yes, I said that here
And here
Because of the fact it uses NERA/Composite armor, we're most likely not going to see it.

>guy asks how i knew his tank was there
>tell him i heard it idling behind the building
>he tells me to fuck off hacker
>mfw

Then why did you post the reply in the first place seriously considering the M1 and T90 you fucking dipshit?

Did you even read what I said, or did you just see 'M1' and 'T90' and your autism kicked off and threw you into a spastic shitfit?

It was theoretical musing based on what would happen if they applied the T-64 to the lines. They would, of course, need to apply follow up tanks as well with composite armor to combat that. The earliest American tank with composite which we'd see would be the M1, and for the Teebs, the Challenger 1. This, of course, would require the introduction of the T-72 to keep things 'fair'. We do not know where that rabbit hole would end.
Hence, logically, I do not see how they could justify adding the T-64 without utterly ruining the game. It is a slippery slope.

>Well, if they add Composite tanks, we're going to be going down the rabbit hole.
>I saw on the Slav Warthunder Twitter a mention of getting 'closer to the T90 and M1'.
>Which means we'll probably be seeing the M1A2SEP and such, which means Challenger 2, Leo 1A5 6 or 7, and who knows what else. This would cause many, many more compression issues with the upper tiers.

Yeah sounds real theoretical and not just "I took the Twitter managers joke seriously".

>"If they add Composite tanks, we're going to be going down the rabbit hole."
This was meant to convey I was theorizing how things could go. Perhaps I did not convey it right, perhaps you sperged out too soon. If it was my fault, I apologize. If you just want to get picky, go fuck yourself.

upon further inspection, the T-64, if implemented in the game, would be vastly too weak to fight M1s or Challengers, but waaaay tooo much powerful against leo 1s or early M-60s. If done it should be at the top of the 60s tank trees and be only used in limited numbers ( restricting its use to only 5 T-64s in a 15 person team.

Nigger you literally used the twitter comment to say "well that obviously means that if we get composite armour this will happen!" which is still retarded.

The T-64 cannot be added to the game, period. Not unless Gaijin makes a whole new game of cold war tanks onwards, or splits Tier V into a new Tier VI, and neither of these things are ever going to happen.

Again, it was all theorizing off of the 'rabbit hole' comment. It would be difficult to see where the justification for vehicles could end.

They don't want to limit Heavies in RB, there's no way they're going to go through the effort of restricting one tank. We're NOT getting the T-64 with how things are currently structured.

here's a pic of what we would probably get with the T-64

you all said that we would not get ATGM vehicles, yet here they are. Do you really think that a force such as gaijin has any limit on their capacity of discontent? They will add it, mabye not very soon, but probably this year

I don't think you realise just how much of a jump the T-64 is technologically. ATGMs pale in comparison to it. Even when the original Cold War tanks were added the technology gap wasn't this severe. The T-64 would be absolutely uncontested, and the Americans didn't have any tank until the M1 that even matched it's capabilities in regards to armour, mobility, weight and firepower. Brits would have the Stillbrew equipped Chieftain, as well as likely the Challenger 1. But shit like Chobham armour is still highly classified, as is a lot of capabilities of MBTs like the Abrams and Challenger.

ATGMs, in comparison, are glorified HEAT-FS rounds that you can wiggle around a bit with your mouse.

user, I'm sorry to crush your dreams, but
Is right. The addition of the T-64 would cause SO MANY ISSUES that it would require utterly changing the game to justify adding it.

>untouchable
top lel
slavs have awful awareness and the sides are paper
plus it should be when 9.0 comes around

my dreams have been crushed yet again
upon reading more about the T-64 i found out how much fucking armor it had and how stupidly good it was. Gaijin will add it, but it will be the Tu-4 of tanks if done incorrectly

Is your justification, SERIOUSLY, that's it's sides are paper? Your fucking solution to the tank having armour capable of defeating everything short of ATGMs is literally "just flank"?

>Gaijin will add it
No, they will not. Know what Gaijin's going to do? Move on to ships. Rather than opening up the stupid amount of power creep the T-64 introduces, they're moving on to new development on ships to keep people happy, rather than continuing tanks. Just like they did with planes.

user, no. They're not adding it. Why are you so invested in the T-64?

i hope that you are right, but i think they would gain alot more by introducing "next gen tanks" than by doing ships. The gaijin team, in my opinion is not capable of introducing ships as realisticly as they are needed, and when they get it wrong it will become their version of wargaming's world of warplanes

We'll probably see addition of the BA-10 and Puma before shippies will land.

because i love it. I've loved it since i was very little and it is my favorite tank. It is like a little T-80, and I think it would open up a new chapter of tank design to war thunder

unlike planes, people will eat unrealistic ships, except for unreakistic ships wows is already is very good

Are you retarded or just acting like it, man? What's with this desperate clingy attitude towards the T-64, you're like a hardcore naziboo wanting more paper tanks.

>people actually want boats

Why? The game is a mess already think if they split it up even more.

Ships were promised from the start.

>people actually want tanks

Why? This game is a mess already if they split it up even more.

Spot the people who weren't playing before tanks were added.

And I love the MiG-21, I sure as shit know it isn't getting added into War Thunder though.

i havent slept in over a day, if i am acting like i'm retarded it's probably because i am sleep deprived and bored out of my mind
guided AA missiles are like nothing in the game. they could be added, but even i know that would be a game destroyer

war thunder will add ships in the most realistic way they can, but I feel that torpedoes and battleships will be insanely overpowered, cruisers will be useless, and carriers will be not added.

u boat when
WHEN

>spot is4 in t32
>i'm hull down like a champ
>i fucking got this
>fire at his side
>magic track absorbs damage
>he turns at me
>lol good luck
>he fires
>pens straight through the little gunner port on my mantlet
>everything in my turret is pretty much gone man just gone
>alt + f4 and load up netflix

Well. Tomorrow is another day I guess. US line really isn't doing it for me anyway.

to play a carrier when you dont control planes should be the most boring thing ever

also realistic torpedoes should be crappy.. maybe unless you play a jap cruiser with long lances

dd mostly couldnt even reload their launchers

i wonder how they stop people from spamming fast battleships though, i think dd will be useless, cruisers and battleships fight better and who cares of their irl price... thats a pity since cv, dd and subs were the most influential ships irl

when?

actually i thought a way to have fun as a carrier in wt, you could turn when they are about to land on your deck... ai cv do it already after all

is this game good if i want to drive tanks?
or its trash like wot?

this game will force you to grow wings to farm silver for tanks

This game is amazing compared to WoT! Tank combat has really improved since the beta and with the community feedback they have received it really is turning out to be a very nice game. If you've played WoT you will be able to jump right into War Thunder™ and have a great time.

ok anton

So, Airforces.
What nations are best at what?

just get your butt and heart ready to being one shot or being one shot crippled and slowly finished while you helplessly watch it

am i being memed on?
last thing i heard is the matchmaker is even worse

>Lee 75 APHE has higher explosive mass than german 75
>Has no explosive potential in tanks and just acts like normal AP shot