/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, August 1st:
902 – Taormina, the last Byzantine stronghold in Sicily, is captured by the Aghlabids army, concluding the Muslim conquest of Sicily.
1203 – Isaac II Angelos, restored Eastern Roman Emperor, declares his son Alexios IV Angelos co-emperor after pressure from the forces of the Fourth Crusade.
1291 – The Old Swiss Confederacy is formed with the signature of the Federal Charter.
1914 – The German Empire declares war on the Russian Empire at the opening of World War I. The Swiss Army mobilizes because of World War I.

>News
CK2 DD 16: Man's inhumanity to man
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-16-mans-inhumanity-to-man.956080/

HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/s4v7wtt4kyv0n31/GSGVickyMod.rar
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/614457/
eu3-savegame-editor.software.informer.com/5.0/
youtube.com/watch?v=muqYPFCJhM0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Why do you make threads so early?

Lü Feng Xian

Incoming butthurt.

Arumba

>the thread would've likely not gotten a dozen posts for at least another thirty-sixty minutes
>still makes new thread 20 posts early

desu I no longer feel any excitement to play these games. I tried to stop playing them for a few months but it didn't change anything. Everything is so... meh. I open one of the games, choose a country, play for a couple of years, and quit.

Any advice?

Play some other game for a month or two.

That's exactly what I said I did.

You've finally broken the cycle, run from this place and don't look back.

>eu4
how do i claim six states from saxony while being at the threshold for everyone forming coalitions against me?

i have some setup time, i'm currently improving relations with everyone in the realm to +100, how likely is it that it is sufficient to get all of my rightful clay with less than 3 coalitioners?

Reminder that shitposting is literally the only reason Veeky Forums exists.

Havn't touched a grande strategia in a month, Havn't lurked the thread in like 3. Have there been any big updates to anything in that time? Thinking about doing either a Quebec or Canada run in V2, any new minimods or stuff that I'd want for that?

Yes, Vickymod is a must.

mediafire.com/download/s4v7wtt4kyv0n31/GSGVickyMod.rar

Removed Spain from the Far East, Philippines declared on Sulu for their core, Portugal had a reactionary rebellion so I took back Macau, I beat down the Japs, and now the Dutch are getting BTFO in Indonesia presumably because I sank their fleet in the war with Spain and they're still rebuilding. Pretty happy desu.
Now if only I could revoke that Portugese core on Macau, I know they'll be back for it and then I'll be screwed.

You'll be screwed anyway when Russia comes for you

I'd system check out the new HPM version.

>Haven't played EU4 since Res Publica
>Decide to try a newer version
>Everything is nerfed into oblivion
>No matter what you do you always get penalized
>Every new game "mechanic" is either a punishment tool or a useless monarch power black hole
Sweet mother of Big Blue Blob, what have they done to this game?

I got them above 100 relations so they won't. Unless you mean the Manchuria concession, obviously I'll just give that up. I can get it back later.

>EU$

lad...

conquer vietnam, korea, and japan

conquer russia, india and germany as a colony XDDD

Monarch power always ruined that came for me

Korea is rightful Chinese clay, it's basically a meme country with the way it hovers out on the peninsula like that. I can't do it until after I westernize though because it is my puppet and by the time the frogs come for it there won't be enough infamy left to get it all before I westernize, so I'll just make it a protectorate afterward. Vietnam I will leave for the frogs as they can consolidate the area by event into a proper Cambodia and Laos which I can puppet afterward. Japan I have not decided whether to puppet or protectorate, so I am keeping them in check with reactionary rebels until later.

take back the ebin talas river clay if you haven't already

Does anyone have the pic illustrating the U.S. suggested partitions for the Ottoman Empire?

It even included Constantinople- I can't find it.

colonists are useless until i get explorers?

yes

?

then why the fuck do you get a colonist before you get the ability to explore

>doesn't include a kurdish corridor to the Mediterranean

fuck the Kurds. The entire culture is a reddit meme

>The Commission Report was skeptical of the viability of a Jewish state in "Syria". The logic of the Commission went along the lines that the first principle to be respected must be self-determination. It pointed out that a majority of "Syrians" were against the formation of a Jewish state. It concluded that the only way to establish a viable Jewish state would be with armed force to enforce it. This was precisely what the Commission wanted to avoid, so they dismissed the idea, saying that Zionists anticipated "a practically complete dispossession of the present non-Jewish inhabitants to Palestine, by various forms of purchase". That said, there would be nothing wrong with Jews coming to "Israel" and simply living as Jewish Syrian citizens, but noted "nor can the erection of such a Jewish State be accomplished without the gravest trespass upon the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine". The latter statement was based on the assumption that an army of at least 50,000 would be required to establish Jewish ownership by force. In respect to the creation of a Jewish state in the Middle East, the report cautioned "Not only you as president but the American people as a whole should realize that if the American government decided to support the establishment of a Jewish state in Palestine, they are committing the American people to the use of force in that area, since only by force can a Jewish state in Palestine be established or maintained."

>It began work in June 1919 and produced its report privately on 28 August 1919. Its publication was suppressed at the time as it was considered by the State Department that publication "would not be compatible with the public interest". The Commission's report was ultimately published in the December 2, 1922 edition of the Editor & Publisher magazine.

Can't make this shit up.

t.urk

Russia blobbed south enough that they are my only western passable-border neighbor, so no blobbing into central asia for me.

I think I saw one with more blue and citations at the bottom, but that's close enough what I wanted regardless. Thanks much.

haha epbin da joos xD!

Really makes you think

oy vey why didnt they give us that land goiym

>il y a 8 heures
épique

What grand strat lets me play as Monster Island?

None.

Probably eu$ in a few years or even ck2; when they release the inivetiable China and then Japan DLCs there will most definitely be anime and Godzilla flavor events for Japanese cultures.

Anyone got a link for the EU3 Savegame Editor or EU3 Save Suite? You need an account to download them from the paracocks forums

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/614457/

>EU3 Savegame Editor
It's called notepad++

Fill in the blank:
Eu4 is _____

>white americans will do as he says

Very memey

It's to appease anons who say "waaaaah, this intentionally entry level grand strategy is too easy."

In a word, autism happened.

HAHA, great post, nigga! Gotta put the law-abidin white man down!

>law abiding

Get a mod like MEIOU or some shit

screencap this: there will never be a japanese/ chinese dlc for ck2

>meme arrows

>anime
They wouldn't. Godzilla is a normie meme but anime is 'le weebshit :(((((' even among (or maybe, especially among) Paradoxplaza normies.

Of course it won't. Parakeks can't make an engine able to run it and they can make more shekels out of it as an independent game

According to one of Paradox's devs, "we're game developers, of course we're weebs XDDDD"

>he says, as he uses them

Doesn't matter, if they're jewing then they're not going to turn off a huge chunk of their fanbase of mature players of mature strategy games such as those made by Paradox by introducing anime.
If they ignored what the normies wanted, they'd be based by the definition of the word "based", but they're not based, they're memes and will instead add BearHasLanded and even more shitty comet events to CK2 as well, although I have no fucking idea where.

>implying they're actually weebs
They're weebs the way Polygon and Kotaku are gamers.

eu3-savegame-editor.software.informer.com/5.0/

This work?

inb4 virus- use caution, this site seems shady.

A game ruined by mana.

I tried that. It eventually just redirects you to the thread on the forums.

>le mana meme

tired of this shit desu lads

>having pain receptors on your butt
Pleb

Care to provide a counterpoint? The fact that so much hinges on these arbitrary "points" that can be spent like money to instantly get what you want and saved for as long as you want before that is what drags the game from what it could be to what it is.
That and shitty office multi balancing I guess, but yeah.

other games have mana too

That sucks. Why not just make an account with cockmail?

If it just needs you to be logged in.

The delegates, Trump.

They're not as all-consuming as they are in EU4.
Yeah you have political point mana, leader mana, and influence mana seriously fuck the influence minigame, I guess it's supposed to mimic the tedium and annoyance of trying to influence shit historically? in Vicky but it's not as ridiculously everywhere as it is in EU4 and they're only relevant in their little section of the game.
HoI3 had IC which you could say is 'mana'-ish because where is it even coming from, but it's only really relevant in one sector of the game which is more of a wargame anyway.
I can't think of any real mana points in CK2 or EU3.

money prestige etc

Did you forget about our deal, Donald?

How is that mana though? A main annoyance of mana is that it applies fucking everywhere and is incredibly arbitrary in how it's applied or how it's gathered. Oh, so you want to improve your navy? Costs the same points as it does to hire an admiral to lead and think about your navy. Oh you want to integrate a vassal? Say goodbye to your newest trade ships. Like what really? Oh shooting troublemakers somehow makes it more difficult for me to get a rifled barrel? Huh?
Money is logical in how it's gathered and spent. Mana is not and that's the problem, and mana is as all over the place if not more so than money.

how do i enjoy hearts of iron 4?
making arrows isn't very fun I would much rather build liquor factories

You fucking don't.

You play a better game
Even EU4 is unironically better of the newest gens or you could just play DH or HoI 3

>Ted tried to buy delegates with ground-game- mana

fuck off

I don't think it's possible.

Pic related.

>the government mana in hearts of iron 4 is unironically called fuhrer mana
did they do this to meme us?

That's not what it's actually-actually called though is it?
Isn't it technically political points

They just love dem meems

open the console and type in fuhrer_points

Epic
Johan lurks among us

Political power, but the cheat to add more is "fuhrer_mana"

It's no secret that he does

youtube.com/watch?v=muqYPFCJhM0

>we call this field experience
>it's fucking mana

Holy shit kek
Also why are both of them so fucking nervous would it kill them to hire some lady who can speak eloquently or not like an asbergers

>hire some lady
But they already have Johan

Johan unironically looks like a teddy bear, even his fat face is the really squishy looking type and not the greasy type
On the other hand Wiz
WIZ

>victoria 3 comes out
>factories replaced with civilian factories, naval factories and army factories
>now have to invest political mana to sphere things
>if you invest your mana you don't have mana to upgrade your factories or buy tech levels
>combat in victoria 2 was too complicated, now you just have a single doomstack and smash it into each other then shattered retreat all the way to your capital

t. Johan

Where da Pola Beers at?

t. Wiz
You're ugly as fuck.

>combat in victoria 2 was too complicated, now you just have a single doomstack and smash it into each other then shattered retreat all the way to your capital
but you just described how combat currently works in victoria 2?

More like you defend.

Uuuurgh

Money and prestige are not mana.
Mana is when you have points that accumulate over time and are used to perform seemingly unrelated tasks instantaneously, and also when these tasks are not tied to each other in a logical fashion.
So using money to build something is not mana. Using money to bribe someone isn't mana.
Diplomatic points in V2 are not mana because they are just used for diplomacy. If they were used to tech too, then they would be mana.

The closest thing you have are the system used for diplomacy/research/intelligence in HoI3, but that's still not mana because it doesn't accumulate.

Wiz is by far the ugliest creature on this Earth