youtube.com/watch?v=EnQyykzHAz4
youtu.be/P6vCZdcp6hE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Posting unused content because I think people might find it interesting

Demon's Souls
>daggers, hand axes, and spears were to be weapons
>a spell that allowed you to "become a black phantom"
>several more upgrade materials
>several anthropomorphic animal enemies, like serpent soldiers, wolf warriors, bar-bear-ians, hyena warriors, and owl mages
>a few regular animals too, like a crocodile, a deer, a demonic bird, and a wolf with several arrows shot into it
>a yeti with a mouth for a stomach
>Mephistopheles would have made you kill Stockpile Thomas
>some sort of "True Death" mode that would have reset progress/gear upgrades when you failed to recover your bloodstain
>alternate summoning mechanics based on character tendency (black tendency means you're more likely to be a black phantom and vice versa)
>some "stone monolith" that related to True Death mode

Dark Souls
>hints there was a covenant based around Velka
>a potential fifth Lord Soul
>an event where Shiva would betray you for the Chaos Blade (similar to Satsuki from Demon's Souls), and you would invade him in Ariamis (like Lautrec)
>a prototype Marvelous Chester that wields a black Zweihander
>an unused boss for New Londo Ruins, Undead King Jar Eel
>several unused weapons, like a Four Kings Sword, a cat o' nine tails, a spiky catch pole, and a talisman that looks like a rock wrapped in wire
>unobtainable armor Petrus's and Rickert's sets are functional in game
>unused armor like Jar Eel set and Bear set
>a miracle similar to Second Chance from Demon's Souls
>an alternate, more traditional Bed of Chaos fight
>unused enemies like what appears to be a Parasitized Undead from DS2, a strange bug, Demon's Souls Crystal Lizard, a blue Hellkite Dragon
>some unused NPCs like the aforementioned Chester, a young Witch Beatrice, and a Vamos that actually wears his helmet
>an alternate dragon head that looks like Dragon God
>Oscar would have lived, offering help but ultimately choosing the opposite serpent you did

there's actual unused content that has been left in the game files and then there's speculation

(cont.)
Dark Souls 2
>unused weapon reskins, such as a golden Greataxe, a red Caestus, and a black Rapier
>unused armor, like a barrel, clean Alonne Knight set, and Ingward's set from DS1
>some more Illusory Rings, and Old Sun Ring variants
>more greatarrow types
>smithboxes and repair boxes from DS1
>some areas located near Gutter/Black Gulch
>Gavlan was meant to show up in more places
>several NPCs were meant to be stuck in traps

Bloodborne
>several HUD redesigns took place during development
>different lightning in certain areas
>Father Gascoigne would say "Umbasa" when he kills you
>Hunters's Dream was called Dream Refuge
>different design for the Amygdalae
>checkpoint mechanic was based around swords, not lamps

Dark Souls 3 (note: some of this stuff could be used in DLC)
>Some unused items like Brightbugs from DS2, and the Return of the Pendant
>Molotov cocktail (probably not a Bloodborne leftover because it's got a different icon)
>unused weapons, like a twig catalyst, the Dancer's bow, Pyromancy Flame variants, a usable Sword of Avowal, and many more
>unused armor like the Fire Keeper mask, the Thief Hood from DS1, the Varangian Set from DS2, and sets based on Yhorm, Felkin, and Man Serpents

>the Thief Hood from DS1
darksouls3.wikidot.com/thief-mask
???

The High Wall dagger wielding assassin dudes wear this over Deserter Armor

The female variant is the same as the male one in DS3, ds1/2 had a different model for females iirc

I see. Looks like they just decided it shouldn't alternate and I agree.

thank you OP

Give me Veeky Forums advice, /dsg/
I'm personally leaning toward 3 or 6 because it looks cool to me but the ass looks feminine.
Also I really can't decide on a gauntlet.

dont do this again it's not funny

why don't crossbows drain less stamina when 2handed?

Also, I forgot about child Emerald Herald in DS2. Interestingly, child Herald has a voice actor listed in the credits, despite not having any lines in the game, not even unused ones. She does have a model/concept art though. Very strange.

I'd say 3 then because fire witch has those weird fingertips.

2 also looks pretty comfy though

Thats actually a really good question, i think because you're not using any less 'effort' to pull the trigger?

dont the credits say emerald herald (old) and emerald herald (young)? the old one is the intro cinematic hag, the young one the one you find in game

>staggered by a throwing knife
>in pve

this game really is the worst of the series by far

That's Strowen.

Gwyndolin claimed

Phantom ideas?

A covenant that summons you as invader to worlds with the objective to kill any one person and being sent home immediately after.

A covenant that summons you as invader to kill one specific person who is not the host, chosen randomly.

youtube.com/watch?v=EnQyykzHAz4

Not exactly a new idea, but there need to be more bosses that summon other players, so far the only two in the whole series are Old Monk and Looking Glass Knight.

Serious question: How do you kill the giant wolf dude in Irithyll?

Most of his attacks are either too fast for me to respond to, or I just plain and simple can't tell what his telegraphs are. This dude is destroying me non-stop.

Watch its mouth and roll earlier than you'd think
Use carthus rouge and/or pyromancy
That's about all the advice I can give you
There's more near an optional bonfire after pontiff

I also forgot the part about Oceiros potentially KILLING HIS OWN BABY during his boss fight. youtu.be/P6vCZdcp6hE It would explain why he gets mad at you during his second phase.

>kills his own baby
>makes you responsible for it

wat

if you're using a straight sword, you can two-hand it, buff it with something and hit the dog's head when it roars after spawning and it should stagger it. i managed to do it with Raw Broadsword+2 buffed with Carthus Flame Arc with unupgraded Pyromancy flame. charged R2 to the head using any Great Hammer should work as well, charged R2s with other weapons are probably effective too if they can reach the head. i think it's very weak to Bleed, but staggering it right after spawning is probably the safest way to kill it

Observe his movements more, he does telegraph his shit. For example, if you are around his sides or back, he will turn his head towards you, growl, then do a quick 360 attack which you can dodge by rolling into him when you hear the growl. He tends to do it twice in a row, then leaves a small window for getting a hit or two in immediately afterwards.

If you are really struggling and don't mind cheese, you can run back through the gateway behind him and he'll stop attacking and disappear. He pops up again when you go back down the bridge and doesn't heal the damage dealt previously.

YOU INVADED THE WRONG HOST MOTHER FUCKER

I'm using a +6 refined Claymore, but I don't think it even staggers the beast.

lads why is das3 so annoying
is it the fact that poise literally does not exist and every enemy has infinite stamina?

poise does exist, but only enemies have it

Ah sorry, I should have specified: I already did skip him on the bridge, and it's at the lake where he's destroying me.
I know he's optional, but that doesn't matter. Optional just means it's got more souls than usual and probably has a neat item. I need it. I am greed.

Playing DaS1, I wanna do a build with big-ass shield and melee weapons with some range, so I can just have enemies whiff against my shield and then hit them without running right up to their ass
What's the best build for that? The melee weapons with most range (spears and halberds) seem to scale with dex
Should I just use a giant weapon instead so I can pump all my points into str and end?

it isn't fair

nah, she guides you to the portal to drangleic. strowen even refers to her as that "kind old dear"

>and probably has a neat item
He does drop a ring, but it's pretty niche in terms of usefulness.

There is one good drop from crocodogs later, but it involves two of them.

>but it involves two of them.
I was just about to post something regarding this because I decided to look him up on the wiki.
Fucking.
Two crocodudes.
Why.

DS3 is by far the souls game I've struggled the most with so far, and it's mostly just because of how incredibly aggressive enemies are.
And probably also because of the infinite stamina that enemies have.

I sexually Identify as a Bonewheel Skeleton. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of rolling over dirty adventurers in the bottom of the Catacombs. People say to me that a person being a Bonewheel Skeleton is Impossible and I’m fucking retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install large wooden wheels and spikes on my body and hollowing myself to the point of insanity. From now on I want you guys to call me “Wheely” and respect my right to roll over you and roll needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a wheelphobe and need to check your skeleton privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

#StunningAndBrave

>enemies have infinite stamina
this so much
Pontiff k***hts that swing 24 times in a row and greatshield lothric fuckers you can't even guard break if your WA doesn't do it in one go because they attack immediately after their shield is hit and that resets their infinite stamina
It's bullshit I tell you

>k***hts
I honestly still can't believe this is in the filter.
Why didn't they learn from DS2?

I like the Demon's Greataxe. It's heavy, it doesn't have the most elegant moveset, and it takes a lot of strength to wield one handed. But it hits like a goddamn truck, and it's certainly got range. If the downsides of that turn you off, I'd try the Zweihander. Real easy to get early on, the requirements are low, still hits pretty hard, and has very good range. However, it only has a C scaling with strength.

two-handed R1s should work. you need to hit the head to stagger it
that makes it more difficult, because you don't get free headshots on spawn anymore. if you don't want to learn its moveset, you can stay far away from it and bait the charge attack and try to stagger it during the charge. i use Gargoyle Flame Hammer to kill the dogs this way on my sl1 character, but i use it with RTSR. i know that it staggers them with one charged R2 to the head in every NG cycle
you can come back to kill the dog later when you're higher level and your weapon is better upgraded and try this again, i think it will work fine with leveled character on NG

fucking greataxe black knights have 5 attack strings

for the greatshield lothric knights I've found that just bashing their head in with a two handed hammer like the club works since they stagger from one hit, and 2-3 blocks will guard break them (2 at high wall, 3 at castle)

>However, it only has a C scaling with strength.
"Only"? The halberd I'm using has like D/D scaling or something like that
I'll definitely go try out the Greataxe once I get far enough and see if it's too slow for me. I absolutely love blocking a boss and just quickly getting a stab in from far away

it's another step back from ds2, since C**sen Und*** needs censoring while NIGGER DICK is fine. just include an option to see filtered words, fuck

>not trohophobe

I don't even understand the logic behind the filters. This is an M rated game. It's got blood and violence out the wazoo, but some swear words need to be censored? At least DS2 had the excuse of being T. Isn't this stuff why they say "online interactions are not rated" and such?

im thinking of going either guardian or havel's set then using a spear. winged spear should be available early game and just make it into a lightning +5 spear. it has decent reach too. pump str to get gear requirements then vit and end for all the rest. obv go leo ring

try demon's spear, low reqs and good damage

can anyone help me transfer a thrall axe from one of my chars to my new one?
Both chars are around lvl 50

remember kids, don't take candy from strangers

im just really tired of farming the same thralls over and over again with no drops
also im on pc.

I have a ton of unupgraded Thrall axes I can just give you, no transferring needed and you'll have it on both characters.

thank you, can you drop your sign in the church of yorshka? with dsg as pw

What was your first character from your first game like? Mine was in DS1, and I think I minmaxed a little too much for my first time through. I got full Giants, Greatshield of Artorias, and Demon's Greataxe. The downside to wearing so much heavy shit is that you can only midroll even with lots of endurance and Ring of FaP+Havel's, but who needs to roll when you have the best greatshield+heavy armor in the game? And the DGA is probably one of the best strength weapons in the game. I later threw in a pyro flame to cast Power Within to hit even HARDER.

So did your first character come out okay?

my game is acting weird so 1 minute

Jap desire sensor working at max I see

Hollow slayer or Arstors spear for a 18/40 dex build?

Demon's Souls.
Europe's default version of the game came with an artwork book, an audio CD, and a guide to the game.
It being my souls game I was struggling a lot, even with the guide.

I can't remember much about my stats though. I know went for a melee character, I can remember that much, but I got stuck at some point and decided to make a royalty.
After killing a few bosses with spells and realizing that the game isn't that scary, I went back to my meleedude and finished the rest of the game with him without using magic.

I did make liberal use of the thief's ring and the crescent falchion though.

hollow

sure np

cheesed half the game buy turtling behind a heater and later crest shield with a rapier. leveled res. had gone through most of the game like this actually, until artorias kicked my teeth in and shat abyss down my throat. i got gud, leveled str a bit, 2handed an ultra and just rolled everything. then stacked giant's and spammed r1 in gwyn's face

Do you want a pretty good greatsword or a shit spear?

meant for I also wore heavy armor (but not fatrolling) without realizing that it slowed my stamina regen. Took me a few characters to figure that one out.

thanks bro

would've liked to stick around but my game is having a lot of issues for whatever reason, enjoy your axe though

My first character in DaS1 was wearing full armor of thorns with a dragon tooth.. good times.

DeS I remember using parts of the Gloom set and the penetrators sword at the end of the game because I thought it looked cool

Dark Souls.

I put a bit of everything on my knight, even INT and RES. Started using the broadsword, then changed to the battle axe. Got the Drake Sword (a friend told me how to get it), but I discarded it after killing a bunch of hollows because it felt like cheating. Eventually I changed to a bastard sword, then once I got to Sen's, the manserpent gs which I used for the rest of the game.

Used the grass crest shield for a while, then changed to the eagle shield. For armor, used the starter knight set for most of the game, only changing for the EK version of the helmet.

I fat rolled until O&S because I hadn't figured how equip load worked. I also never found Havel somehow. I reached O&S at SL 30~, I remember this because I farmed there until SL 60, to beat them.

Also I never found about parry until my second playthrough.

Including a special appearance by: Elite Knight Helm!

Forgot to mention I found the Ash Lake on my own. Felt pretty awesome to see the lake for the first time, but terrifying when I realized I had to walk all he way back.

Got cursed 2 times. One in the depths, one in the hollow.

quick claim your waifu

gays not allowed

Full Havel's, MSGS and Artorias/Grass Crest shield in DS1

I'm already married to Anri.

Bog standard Elite Knight Sword+Board with enough faith on the side to cast some heals
Eventually dumped more into it when i found the Darkmoons and got DMB
Made the big mistake of pumping int to 20 for Arty's armory

you stabbed her face and stole her sigils

I already claimed Gwyndolin's boipucci. Not gay if he has the reversal ring on.

Yuria is the one for me.

if you both have a penor, it's gay

I hope you're talking about the witch not the hag

Still gay.

When in Rome.

I don't think serpents count as peenus weanus

DS1, K***ht start.

Fatrolled all the way to Sen's.

Took the master key as a gift because from the description I figured it would be the most useful thing to have, but never managed to accidentally do ebin sequence breaks with it. However, I did get lucky and went to check out Darkroot where I died to the fucking moth at least a dozen times before the Depths, so I had lots of mosses to make Blighttown less obnoxious.

Used a zweihander for most of the game because I fucking love zweihanders and didn't realize it's a meme. Fuck shields, never liked sword and board, but I did start wearing the grass crest on my back after a friend told me about the stamina regen bonus. Started with basic bitch fashion wearing the knight/elite knight sets, then went for pic related, and at the end wore the painting guardian set with mask of the child.

In NG+ I suddenly decided I really liked Ornstein and started pumping faith to use his spear. It's been one of my weaponfus ever since.

It was fun.

DS1

Started as a warrior, I got the BKS from the burg black k***ht, I farmed souls to use it one handed before killing gargs (which destroyed my ass many times). Eventually stumbled across EK set and zwei a bit later on, this is where my fatroll started. Eventually got to depths, got cursed, did the WHOLE depths+blighttown before going to oswald to buy a purging stone. In the end my set was Gold hemmed hood, ornstein's armor, havel's gauntlets and leggings. I had 25 vit, 18 dex (BKS) and all the rest in END and STR. Many R2s pancakes were used, I actually only used R1s when i was surrounded by enemies.

Zwei is still my favorite weapon but I don't R2 anymore because I realized R1s are often better and in PvP using the R2 is asking for a backstab

Oh and, I used the Knight shield until I got Crest shield

Fatroll till the sniper squad; first in knight, the EK, the Black Iron
Had the luck of getting the Black Knight Sword+Shield on the first guy

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there is an american law that forbids any child looking child to be visually harmed inside a game. That would be the same reason we don't see Ellie getting ravaged by zombies in The Last of Us. Since this game is obviously targeted to american audiences they might have just deleted the baby's model out of the game since getting a baby to visually get splashed into a mush of blood would be too graphic (because of the law, that is).

ni but the dick does

But won't that gimp me a lot since I need to increase str to wear all the heavy armor but the winged spear scales with dex?

yeah I was wondering why he was holding an invisible child so I just figured he was crazy

turns out it was cut content :^)

i was thinking demons spear too but lightning winged spear +5 does more damage iirc

Forgot to mention, I only fatrolled during my cursed part of the playthrough, got Havel's ring after curing the curse and later on RoFaP. I also lost that char :c

Then i'm 110% faggot for Gwyndolin.

Yuria the witch from demon's souls obviously.

Also holy shit the pontiff is a bastard.
That illusion of his is just straight up nasty.
Looks like I'll be fighting this dude for a while.

playing 1 for the first time
so if damage scaling gets shitty dimishing returns at 40, is there even a point going beyond that (assuming I don't want any item with a stat requirement above 40)?
Or should I just get both strength and dexterity to 40 and then start putting everything into vit/end?

Hardest boss in the entire series my man.

refer to only slightly and needs a bigger stat investment. not big, but with what you want to wear you seem to need the points

>DS1, K***ht start.
>Fatrolled all the way to Sen's.
Same here.

DS1 fatrolling knight, used Broadsword+Ass Crest+Elite Knight's until I started using Crest Shield and a Claymore.

I went with a mix of wanderers and elite knight armor, and used a claymore. I had like 20 str and 30 dex but still made the clay lightning because it had more AR and i didn't know how that shit works. Also had like 20 RES.

Initially i almost ended up ragequitting because of Tauruas but i ended up making a new char with the masterkey just for the gold pine and managed to beat taurus after a gorillion tries. After that i got through parish to andre in one try which made me feel so good that i decided to never drop the game. A while in i got stuck at demon firesage of all things with the equipment above and i just couldn't fucking beat him so i made a new char and cheesed the whole game with a BKH. i regret nothing

*See you do not have a parry tool*
*R1R1 with dark sword*
*Parry with caestus because I know you will try to attack now
*Hornet-KOs you*
*Legion's Etiquette*
Heh... try a more inventive combat style next time, kiddy.

Is there a spell that comes out faster than a Straight Sword running attack?

i keep getting invaded by faithfull using straightswords and since spells cost a fuckton of stamina i dont have enough left to roll twice everytime to compensate for phantom range

Miralda