/ccg/ Classic Car General

Imperial edition.

>you know what to do
>definition of "classic" still up for debate

Other urls found in this thread:

tucson.craigslist.org/cto/5574219818.htmlhttps://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5570509863.html
tucson.craigslist.org/cto/5574219818.html
phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5570509863.html
youtube.com/watch?v=zCDWTLPAFCM
youtube.com/watch?v=WKtG3UxscZg
youtube.com/watch?v=hc-xXOE1Jws
youtube.com/watch?v=9WWHdBuOC6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=sRFnnVMawpY
youtube.com/watch?v=Wr9ie2J2690
youtube.com/watch?v=ftknR1gf9qw
youtube.com/watch?v=wgnbDMjdsTs
youtube.com/watch?v=Zip4QyJyD5g
stockton.craigslist.org/cto/5578015897.html
youtube.com/watch?v=TKAwPA14Ni4
vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/cto/5512450793.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/5578953193.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for wagon

Second for my wagon, nice bro

Early for
>tfw no crown Vic front suspension swap

To those in the know, what would be more cost effective. Regearing my Dana 60 to 3.83 or 9 inch swap? Drag racing in a street strip build would be the long-term goal

Buy any old Crown Victoria and drop the truck on the vic frame, it's a popular swap.

Anyone in the Phoenix area willing to check out a pair of cars for me? If they pan out, I'll pay you a couple hundred bucks for your trouble.

tucson.craigslist.org/cto/5574219818.htmlhttps://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5570509863.html

I like you guys.

If I remember correctly the imperials had reversely threaded lug nuts on the drivers side of the car, like alot of other Chrysler/Dodge cars of the time.

As I look around on the Internet and general time and wanting of things goes up and down, I am now getting in the mood again of wanting a Triumph TR6.

gone already

My grandfather's 1937 Chrysler Airflow. It was used in a Chrysler commercial a couple of years ago.

Bad spacing on my part; here are the proper links:
tucson.craigslist.org/cto/5574219818.html
phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5570509863.html

>All these dildos calling it a "Chrysler Imperial"
>Not just calling it an Imperial like it is
Those are some decent prices for sure, though

I know. I'm torn because I prefer the 4-door, but '65 is my favorite year. To get either car, I'd have to sell my Cadillac; due to space, and it would need to be able to be driven back from Phoenix to Houston; if I can get someone to inspect either car, I'd fly out there and drive either one back in a heartbeat.

Nice rides

Does my truck count as classic?

Yes

Noice

>that dash
You can't get more comfy than that.

It's incredibly simple, yet it still looks good, when they're in good shape that is

>owns an actual airflow
props dude, that's a piece of history

I need to look up dimensions but mines a long bed bruh. might be difficult.

Greetings. Enjoy my shitbox from the smogging 70s! There are no floor pans to speak of, the transmission slips in reverse and has a fuckton of overlap between 2-3, It's slow as fuck what with the 250 inline six.

I deleted the passenger side wiper for weight savings and painted the hood rice boi racing black.

>people who "restore" their car but paint the engine the wrong color

>edelbrock chrome valve covers
>yellow engine paint

Engine status: built

I also have to mention you MUST drive with the window down, for two reasons.

1. The defroster motor seized and almost burned the car to the ground.
2. The holes in the floor pan allow for the holes in the exhaust to leak into the cab.

fix your shit, you niggerfaggot

I'll do a frame up someday when I buy a car rotisserie.

>at a car show
>guy has a 57 olds
>engine is painted ford blue
>is supposed to be pic related
People literally make the color paint your shit right.

>tfw muh ford blue is more fukt than anons mum
feels bad man

tfw no imperial with 4 speed

Looking to get the engine/trans built this summer.

Need a new radiator for a ford maverick. Nappa and any main retailers aint got shit. Where can i find a good cheap radiator?
Thanks in advance.

Rock auto?

>buy my project car
>PO did a shit job at everything
>repainted the car without removing the old paint
>shitty dimpled black paint flakes off all the time
>old gold paint wasn't even that bad
>painted the inside of the door panels and roof blue for some reason, looks awful
>paints the entire engine bay orange
At least it's Chevy orange but it looks kind of weird

Also btw guys, my jeep is making a lot of clunking noises. Especially when I first get going or make a turn, it goes clunk-clunk-clunk-clunkclunkclunkclunk as I pick up speed. Alternatively, "thump." Is this my u-joints? I was going to replace all my bushings this summer as well.

Rockauto is going to be your best bet. Should be about $200 and whatever for shipping. Your other options are patch it if possible or junkyard it. There are quite a few compatible Fords you can pull parts from. If you patch it for fucks sake pressure test that bitch long and hard, and even then keep your fingers crossed. I got lucky.

Nobody here is in the Phoenix area? I'll pay a $100.00 for a few photos and a video of two cars.

Some people are just awful.

bump

QUICK

Post guilty pleasure dadrock to cruise to

youtube.com/watch?v=zCDWTLPAFCM

Sorry, I cruise to death metal mostly. No dad rock to post
youtube.com/watch?v=WKtG3UxscZg

youtube.com/watch?v=hc-xXOE1Jws

This is my wheelhouse, after all:
youtube.com/watch?v=9WWHdBuOC6Q

I'm going to see how long I can keep going with songs that mention cars:
youtube.com/watch?v=sRFnnVMawpY

youtube.com/watch?v=Wr9ie2J2690

youtube.com/watch?v=ftknR1gf9qw

youtube.com/watch?v=wgnbDMjdsTs

the unofficial theme of ccg

youtube.com/watch?v=Zip4QyJyD5g

Semi weekly drunken shitpost of my shitty turdbird

I promise I'll fix it up by summer. I hope.

Don't fall for her tricks lad, shes a total slut

so lewd baka senpai

Have you guys ever gotten a trip slip from the DMV? What is the process?

Is it:
>go to DMV
>Wait 5 hours
>Get a trip slip for 1 day
>Go home
>Day is over, trip slip no longer valid

I need to drive my car to a frame shop about 3-5 miles away to see if they can fix my crashed frame. Car will not have a hood in place, and might catch some attention.

It's easy as fuck in Canada.
>Drive to your favorite insurance center with car registration
>Ask for a day pass
>Pay $30 and be on your merry way with a piece of paper for your back window

Takes about 5 minutes

This car is banned at LeMans

Thank christ.
It still pains me to think of all the Imperials destroyed in crash derbies

So I need /ccg/'s help.
There is a 1966 chevelle near me that I want.
Dude's asking $4,500 and I have it, but I was just given a truck by my father, and there are issues with the car.
The issues are mostly comfort and cosmetic - the interior is trashed (looks like someone ripped it out), the front suspension needs Jeebus, the body has random dings, and the paint is half done.
All in all, to get it fixed (short of dings and paint) I would be set back $2,000-3,000
Should I get it and grow my fleet/ flip it?

I took some more pictures than this one, and here is the CL for it.

stockton.craigslist.org/cto/5578015897.html

I hate demo derbies with a passion. The sheer number of beautiful cars that they have destroyed is a crime. Nobody who enjoys them can call themselves a car enthusiast.

You can see said gift truck in the back, it's an 01 silverado 2500hd 4x4. The gas mileage between the two autos will be comparable, so that really isn't an issue.
Budget for a new car would be around $5,500

THERE SHOULD BE A LAW!
GTFO commie lib

There should be a law

The powerglide transmission SUCKS. They are some of the most soul-crushing automatics ever made; if you can live with that, they ARE robust.

Interior work is costly; to get that nice, you're looking at $4k to $5k, but that can be done slowly.

If you're proficient in mechanical work, expect about $1,500.00 in suspension/steering work. All signs pointed to an idiot owning this car who tried to live out his boy racer fantasies. Every bit of rubber in the suspension and steering will have to be replaced, as well as the joints; anticipate servicing the rear end and replacing all the body mounts as well.

If you can work on it yourself, don't mind a non-stock restoration, you MIGHT be able to get it done for close to $4k. If you will have to pay someone to do it, expect to spend close to $15k to have it restored and made reliable; BEFORE paint and body work.

Keep the truck.

I'd say go for it if it wasn't a four door.

>that rear
I love ferds. forgot I had this pic.

Thanks. I unfortunately just moved, and no longer have a garage.
Guess I will have to pass.

Nothing wrong with a good demo. You;d be surprised at the amount of work that goes into a 5ft/f outlaw car.

I like four doors :)
I'm a fat guy, who likes fat chicks, and the sedans are always a couple of grand cheaper at comparable quality levels.

I don't believe in the creation of senseless laws; though, it amazes me that people can actually destroy such beautiful cars. It's a crime against nature and the car hobby.

Though, if there were a proposed law to ban all vehicles over 25 years of age from being included in demo derbies, I would support that. If we have to preserve crappy buildings and gay bars as a part of our collective history, then we can surely protect classic cars.

Thunderbirds so gud

LANDAU
A
N
D
A
U

kek

who pre /Woodstock/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=TKAwPA14Ni4

There is always something wrong with intentionally destroying classic car. Period.

What mpg would a 67 Elco with 350/400 and 3.73 gears?

hot has fug

holy fuck fuck this captcha

12 probably. maybe 14 if you lean it out on the highway

probably 11 mpg city, 12-14 granny driving if you're lucky

The price we pay for fun

shit's cool mayn

That's why I'm glad my diff gears in my Thunderbird are 2.70. It gets poor city mileage at 9-10 but I get a solid 22 mpg at 120 km/h

>/ddt/ ded yet again

It's okay, we spawned /ddt/ out of /ccg/ you're always welcome here, my son

Post first gen Toronado and Riviera pls

first gen Toronado is best

>tfw this car is still for sale but I cant afford it now
vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/cto/5512450793.html

Muh fucking

>front-wheel drive

Hot damn that's a nice price.

But what do you guys think of this price?losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/5578953193.html

I have been going back and forth with the seller and he knows almost nothing about the car.

>losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/5578953193.html
I would, so fast.

>that fucking offpink/beige interior
my dick

I know, it's so fucking nice. I'm talking to the owner about it and he just knows nothing about the car. He doesn't know the mileage, if it has the original engine, or tranny. He told me it has some surface rust so I requested some pictures of it, I will post them when I get them.

That thing would score so much fucking rockabilly puss its not even funny, it really does look great on the outside, the paint looks incredible.

There are these two guys at my local track with these ratty Caddies and one of them is a 70 I forgot what year the other one is, but its the same vibe, original paint/interior, lowered, mexican throw blanket, it just looks so fucking fun to be in

lol that feel

>PO rebuilt engine and "restored" the car
>Single stage paint job, no clear coat
>Didn't maske off anything on the car, suspension and wiring is now covered in paint
>Grill and bumpers painted with one coat of rattle can black
>Underside is sprayed with truck bed liner
>Who knows how much rust they just sprayed over
>Thought the carbs needed rebuilding
>Nope, PO installed the fuel pump upside down
>Fuel line taped to the radiator

I've unfucked pretty much all the shit in the engine bay, and the car looks pretty great all things considered, but fuck is it annoying fixing the mistakes of people that don't know what they're doing.

Fuck, that sounds like the goof that I bought my car from.

>Single stage paint job, no clear coat
>Sprayed over half of the trim
>Did a shitty fuel injected engine swap job
>Fuel pump was half assed installed into the trunk
>Didn't update the fuel line
>Engine mounts were upside down
>Engine bay is just speghetti

I was doing bodywork the other day and spotted a bubble in the paint behind the back wheel on the driver's side quarter panel, the usual rust spots. I went to check the other quarter on the passenger side to see if there was any damage there and it was spotless, came back and realized that the body lines didn't even match.

The bottom of the quarter is supposed to taper inwards but it was just perfectly round, I started to think that my quarter panel was literally swiss cheese underneath the quarter inch of bondo (which was soft as fuck) and it wasn't, just clean sheetmetal. I started working towards the wheel well and I realized that they actually fucking welded in a fender lip where it WOULD be and it stuck out about a half inch, that sheet metal that I found was just a patch panel the PO made up and zeus'd on there.

I think they just used the chrome trim that goes around the wheel well, mocked up some sheet metal with it and welded it in place and filled in that xbox heug gap with bondo.

Realize I shoulda posted this here before making a new thread.