/simg/ - Simulation Games General

Euros let the thread die edition
A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

=====

>TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

=====

>Example of welcome games
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X

>Example of non-welcome games
Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1eaAdM0Hyu3WwDTyilKPxsbQYK9L2NVPoDIZ5vYD6TLw/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=1bZTMkH2t5o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bomp

Good job. Now we're staying with the shitty OP.

Have a Tnak

The OP is objectively superior

have some webms

Is it just me or mechanized infantry is the tightest shit ever?

>no link for the OP pastebin
>unnecessary spacers

Has there ever been an acceptable person with a furry avatar?
How about acceptable people with a weeb avatar?
Is it possible to filter fags just by their avatar?

>no link for the OP pastebin

The OP pastebin is superseeded by docs.google.com/document/d/1eaAdM0Hyu3WwDTyilKPxsbQYK9L2NVPoDIZ5vYD6TLw/edit where we store the actually up to date template.

Funny you say that

So far the only tripfags in this thread have been the GIDF faggots. And Ivan very rarely when he needs to be identified for TS admin reasons.

>unironically NOT having an anime avatar
where do you think you are?

Oh hello.

Link that in the OP next time, I'll no longer be updating the OP pastebin.

meant for

>Thread which was made earlier gets to stay like on every other general on this board
>Commence intense shitposting

Not a lot qualify it seems

Nice try Cephei.

Ban Cephei when

Group is led by two furries and a BR with most of its members being mostly ex a3g/ shiters.

GG I guess.

Nice try Cephei

>all these people talkin shit
>meanwhile DA BOIS doing dank ass ops and clubbing pubbies

>be fulfilling my inner slav's duty on the F5vs21 basis duty
>2 F5s on my 6
>badly damaged, probably can't run or outmaneuver them
>prepare for CTRL-E
>they crash into each other

never disappoint burgers

>it's a German throws an autismo shitfit episode
where have I seen this before

don't see any ops senpai, just Jack & I in the ts.

>Literally nobody playing ops
It's a Teutonic deception episode

>2 furries
1 furry, kras is just there because he sucks Ivan's dick I think

Pie is alright though

Sure thing bud, not furry at all...

>next sortie
>be flying LITERALLY straight upwards, no bfm maneuvering whatsoever
>F5 behind me fires missile
>I'm too slow to maneuver
>don't have flares
>it misses

lel

Fucking hell. we wonder why we have a problem with member retention

I meant it in a "he does fuckall in the group" way.

The mods and the br are the ones running the group most of the time, Ivan posts an ops announcement every so often, kras does nothing and is only there because he sucks Ivan's dick.

How'd they ever make it to be /fsg/ owners? Last I checked the group belonged to some brit. Wasn't it custard?

>Wasn't it custard?
Not me lad, I was just an admin on the old teamspeak. The steamgroup is very irrelevant anyway, don't worry about it.

It was Velyks

didn't even know we had a ts AND a steam group, oh boy

why's it so hard for you faggots to just talk about the fucking games without this namefag circlejerk

Literally who? Never seen him in the TS
Where the fuck is he now?

This is way way way back. He has a ts server that /wtg/ uses now

>Didn't even kinow we had a TS
It's how we talk during ops

>Didn't even know we had a steam group
It's where ops get announced, supposedly.

This is Veeky Forums. It happens to every thread.

kek got banned because Cephei can't handle the banter about him being a jannitor for the fourth time

Its almost like /a3g/ but instead pay2admin its becomefurry2admin or yiff2admin

GAS THE FURRIES
SKIN WARS NOW

>GIDF faggots
Fuck off Ivan

This is starting to smell a lot like a3g better kill it asap

As an outsider the reason these threads are so cancerous is because you planesimmers have essentially locked it down, this isn't "Simulators general" this is "DCS General", every single off-board link and resource in the OP is for your flight sims and every conversation is an in-group only one.

You've caused this place to stagnate.

Soviet AA ain't nothing to laugh at

>You've caused this place to stagnate.
Fuck off, people can post whatever they like. People talking about planes doesn't stop other discussion.

Of course, that's why these threads are always host to discussion about a wide range of simulations and stay active and friendly around the clock.

Your first fucking response was posting a plane meme and "Fuck off" when presented with the truth.

Kys

>Your first fucking response was posting a plane meme and "Fuck off" when presented with the truth.
Sorry mate, I always try and encourage non plane posts when they crop up but I'm not going to stop posting about flight sims. Veeky Forums isn't a zero-sum game.

>As an outsider the reason these threads are so cancerous is because you planesimmers have essentially locked it down

You can join, discuss and host any type of ops/session for any sim at any time you wish. It's just that the majority of people here play DCS and BMS the most as combat flight simming appeals to them more.

>every single off-board link and resource in the OP is for your flight sims

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
More would get added if anyone actually made pastebins and shit regarding other types of simming, like trainposts, tanksims and racing sims.

>and every conversation is an in-group only one.

True to some extent, we've had some bumps because TS discussion but that's pretty much finished at this point

>You've caused this place to stagnate.

Show some initiative, then. This general actually becoming a thing is one hell of a miracle given how niche of a group simulations is.

I always encourage non plane posts too but I dont think I should stop plane posting

Way to prove his point. Just rename it DCS general so other people know what's up and don't waste their time in this shithole.

But i like the train posts and loved the absolute autismo sub posts

>but that's pretty much finished at this point
Excuse me Ivan? We are nowhere near finished you furry degenerate.

this desu fampai. He's adorable.

Yeah sorry, I didn't realise we should just not talk about planes so we don't hurt your feels. People can post whatever they like here desu, it's just one anime autist that flips his shit at non plane posts, everyone else is absolutely fine with them.

That ain't happening, user.

see Be like trainposter and post about other sims.

I'd seriously like more discussion about tank sims like Steel Armor, Steel Fury and Steel Beasts

I've been arguing for a long time that we should name ourselves vehicle simg

>just one anime autist
Stop blaming everything on anime.

Its always the mirage flying anime shitter that also visits hoggit

Not even Ivan, I'm the BR actually I hate namedropping

A new TS was made and posted in the group's profile and in the planefag pastebin. If people dislike the current TS or disagree with the administration they can simply move to the new one and be done with it.

Any further discussion is redundant as it has already culminated in the creation of another TS.

I'd suggest taking off the tripcode and being done with the shitposting and drama for now since it turns people away from the thread, but that's up for the tripfags to decide.

>A thread for all vehicle simulation games...

>>A thread for all vehicle simulation games...

So you fucks finally decided to listen to me, huh

It's been there awhile famalamalam

Hardcore wargames when?

Not really it was done to lock down the arma shitposting sadly we lose on hex games this way

I wish dcs ca could do simmilar shit to this but artillery in dcs is useless

Yea pie take yourself, your shitty fake Russian accent, and your shitty missions and fuck off.
Nobody is going to move to Greg fucking teamspeak and the furrys are starting to get on literally everyone nerves. You aren't our fucking leader so fuckoff with that telling everyone what to do.

Wew lad reinstall that attitude

Custard got his admin revoked by ivan because he made a joke about Justin Armstrong .........
Just like how mine got taken away for saying windows 10 is shit.
This was before ivan actednlike a fair and equal admin to save face after getting called out multiple times for abusing his admin.
t.admin if that shitty teamspeak.

How many individual players do we have posting here?

>Furry degenerates having a private server with /simg/ as name but password isn't ops
GAS
THE
FURRIES

3, or maybe even 4

Should I just host a TS? Nobody like ivan TS beside pie who suckles his cock and the other ts is run by fucking greg. I done with this shit.

DISCORD
I
S
C
O
R
D

USE A FUCKING DISCORD SO YOU CAN KEEP YOUR TEXT-BASED DRAMA OUT OF THIS THREAD AS WELL

just do it desu

>Let's start using the system which made every general on vg an even more cancerous shithole riddled with namedropping and clique faggotry

What could possibly go wrong?

Ya we tried to discuss this is TS once.
We gave ivan what he wanted (an honest opinion) and he just argued with us and tried to save face by bullshitting.

literally don't care if you keep your namedropping to the discord

You don't understand, people just straight post convenient copypastable drama straight from the discord in the thread for even harder namedropping capability.

>Yea pie take yourself, your shitty fake Russian accent, and your shitty missions and fuck off.

I like flying plens though. I'll stay for awhile.

>Nobody is going to move to Greg fucking teamspeak

It's not Greg's. bmshost owns it as an alternative to the other TS. Greg is an admin there, though but I don't see the problem. He did say he would take admin off himself eventually, though.

>You aren't our fucking leader so fuckoff with that telling everyone what to do.

Never said I was. However I don't see how keeping up the TS drama is going to help the situation.

Post the IP in the thread if you do so that it gets added to the pastebin and steamgroup and whatnot.

>Greg is an admin there

Instantly discredits the whole teamspeak

This.
Also he dosent care, hence why he think it's okay for that to be the alternative TS.
It works in his favor though because that means everyone will stay with ivan.

Should I get the Mirage, the Mig28, or the Mig21 for my next module?

First, state what modules you already have.

I'm an expert at figuring out which module you need.

What do you want to do missions wise?

I've got FC3 and DCS A10C, but I've yet to dive into either.

Waiting for my hotas to show up

I'd recommend either a fighter or a helicopter, as it complements what you already have.

From the modules you mentioned, we use the Mig-21 the most, then the F5 (subject to change if the hype dies), then the Mirage.

So I'd say get the Mig-21 or the Ka50 if you wanna get into helicopters.

>giving money to DCS
i SERIOUSLY hope you guys dont do this

I feel like ground pounding would be thrilling and shit

I remember that.
I had a hearty chuckle when ivan said he's never abused his admin the other day.
Then I remembered when he took craigs admin away for telling ivan to stop shilling window 10 because it's trash.

Mirage if you want a 4th gen fighter with a turnrate that rapes in the merge and has basic A2G capabilities.

MiG-21 or F-5E if you want a limited capability 3rd gen fighter.
They both handle similarly in the air, with the MiG having a *much* higher T/W but the F-5E edging it with slightly superior manoeuverability.
MiG can carry 6 A2A missiles but flies like a bus if you take that many, most sensible people take 4. It's gun is very bad and more or less useless unless you are ace pilto Tony Kito.
F-5E can carry 2 A2A missiles that are gimped until a fix drops in the Friday patch. It's gun is godlike with tonnes of ammo, a working radar gunsight and high muzzle velocity, but can be tricky to get into a position to fire against a good MiG pilot.
In term of situational awareness, the MiG-21 RWR is absolute dogshit whereas the F-5E has the same one as the A-10A & F-15C. Both planes have poor rearward visibility.
F-5E can carry more A2G weapons in terms of weight, is not restricted to dropping ordnance from pylons in pairs like the MiG and can truck GBU-12s. However it does not have the MiGs fun meme weapons like the Kh-66 & S-24.

>windows 10
Don't tell me Ivan honestly advertised it? Not even furries can be this dumb.

F5s are just plain Better than Migs desu

If you fly low and in mountains you pretty much neutralize the only advantages the Mig has

you are delusional, mig21 is FAR superior

Afgan... Afgan, Afgan...

Afgan... Afga-nis-tan.

youtube.com/watch?v=1bZTMkH2t5o

> it's an ivan dosent realize how many people hate him episode

R3Rs don't work at low altitudes because the radar doesn't work at low altitudes

Speed doesn't mean shit in mountains

your turn Alexei

lol ok

>what is fixed beam mode

don't need R3R when you have a pilot that knows how to fight vertical and can actually spot.