/dag/+/bwg/ - Dragon Age and Bioware General #981

(Nothing) Happening Edition

Previous: News:
>Daddy is gone, he left us for Beamdog
>Gameplay trailer for Obsidian's new RPG Tyranny now out
>B&W is here, new patch just released
>New ME trailer, along with new info. Most of the leaked stuff appears to be true
>Master Chris Avellone is writing an FPS or something
>Josh Sawyer gave a talk at GDC about RPG stats (not that modern Bioware games have stats) and discusses Baldur's Gate and Pillars of Eternity mechanics a good bit: youtube.com/watch?v=fvyrEhAMUPo
>EA is shutting down the Bioware Social Network forums, excluding The Old Republic forums. Forums close August 26, archives shut down October 25

Sales:
Nox is free on Origin right now. It's an ARPG with good reviews and there's no reason not to get it if you have an Origin account

Andromeda info: pastebin.com/BiK2KhPw

Dragon Age Shit:
>Check THIS before asking questions:
pastebin.com/NtncZWPf
>DA:O Mods
pastebin.com/n4vGHHHd

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
>dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>Where is my Warden?
Arguing who's the gayest

>/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive
dagnaart.imgur.com

>/dag/ booru
dagna.booru.org/index.php

>Help me /dag/+/bwg/, I want to get comfy!
youtube.com/watch?v=ci4bNnhbLig

Friendly reminder that this is actually thread #980.5

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3080828/Kim-Kardashian-fan-filler-addict-Jordan-James-Parke-reveals-massive-lips-leaking-E-series-Botched.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This thread is dedicated to qt Solas

You can't just kill /dag/! Where will I blogpost then??

Might as well link the thread with some actual posters

I can't believe you died...

Witcher III > Dragon Age: Origins > Witcher II > Witcher I > Dragon Age: Inquisition > Getting salt poured in an open wound > Dragon Age 2

Witcher 3 = DAO for me

>Witcher III > Dragon Age: Origins > Witcher II > Witcher I > Getting salt poured in an open wound > Dragon Age: Inquisition > Dragon Age 2

>the eternal female vs male exile discussion
Almost as good as "which game is gayer"

How is that a discussion when fRevan and mExile canonically don't exist?

The wiki is a little dubious in its description, so maybe someone here can tell me how good Walking Bomb is from Fade-Touched mats?

Hidden Blades has been my go-to, like most people, because 3-5 hits of 300% weapon damage is pretty good.

But five ticks of 200% weapon damage with a nifty explosion isn't a whole lot worse, provided that's actually how the two Fade-Touched effects work.

Basically, it's "female exile is canon in SWTOR" vs "male exile gets the better companion"

Putting walking bomb masterwork on a character who's not necromancer seems like a waste of potential

It was really stupid of them what they did in Swtor though. Not only did Revan get canon gender AND looks but they also gave him a canon personality and made him look like a total idiot. I don't remember if the Exile got a canon look but I think so.
It's like The Warden appearing in DA4 as a female dalish and everyone who had a world state that conflicts with that can go fuck themselves

Why are people so obsessed with what's canon anyway, just play what's most fun for you

When these things are set in stone it feels like crap for me to play something else

>I don't remember if the Exile got a canon look but I think so
Yeah, she also doesn't look like anything from KOTOR2
It's also dumb how they made them really close when the actual kotor2 implies that there was some animosity between them

What the literal fuck? Anyone think this looks like a woman? Because it's using female pronouns.

What is this?

Neverwinter MMO.

>taking a picture of your monitor
user...

Looks kind of lame

Only the chin and ass are different

She looks like a bullfrog

A SEXY bullfrog

hehehe... nope!

A post-op bullfrog caked in 20 layers of makeup

It was my tv.

That's a bad thing you kno

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3080828/Kim-Kardashian-fan-filler-addict-Jordan-James-Parke-reveals-massive-lips-leaking-E-series-Botched.html
Literally Ashleigh

Bump.

Also, some forum posts I read seemed to allege that "x% Weapon Damage" is a misnomer and what it really means is "x% of the attack value that triggered the effect", but I can't find any substantiating information in the codex or the wiki.

>It's all fun and games until your lips fall off

>witcher 3
>good
its like 6.5/10 at best

>its like 6.5/10 at best
I don't even like the game and I know that's nonsense.

>replying to weak bait

Solas' cheeks might soon fall off too

I can't tell what's not bait anymore.

We can rebuild him, we have the technology
Serious posts (or good bait) generally use contractions and capitalization

>implying a serious post needs to show perfect English
Is this bait?

all sidequests are just following a trail of menstrual blood until geralt loudly announces what type of a monster you will be fighting (most of the time its a noon/dawn/night-wraith). No chance to figure it out for yourself or anything

combat boils down to holding down LMB for ebin spins, in fact most builds are extremely boring and mostly not viable, the viable ones are dull as fuck too

dialogue is quite literally yes, maybe (yes), no; very dull and limited

Ciri has an annoying VA and everything related to her is boring

Ceridin/Karidin whatever the fuck main villains name was is also shit and the way you defeat him, especially the whole turning his viceroy against him thing is pathetic, ending felt incredibly rushed and poorly thought out

battle of Kaer Morhen was built up as something great, yet half of it is a fucking cutscene with no input from you

the quests related to Dandelion are all boring and his rescue drags out way too much

level restricted loot in an open world game is pants on head retarded, it completely removes any initiative to explore areas above your level
in fact open world in general in witcher3 is very boring its ubisoft style PoI system

really other then the Bloody Baron questline what is in that game that can actually be called good?

If you can't even be bothered to use the shift key, don't expect people to take you seriously

>boring
>dull as fuck
>dull
>boring
>boring
>drags on
>boring
Sounds like you have ADHD

What's the matter, not cinematic enough for you?

I fucking knew you would say that, because I was too lazy to elaborate on parts where I called it boring, here:
>combat is boring
because you simply hold down LMB, on higher difficulty you occasionally roll away, that is of course if you are not just using quen and igni in which case you dont even need to roll around

>Ciri has an annoying VA and everything related to her is boring
she is incredibly strong because of her dash movement, so all fights are trivial, yet there is nothing but fights in those ciri sequences, you are basically always running in a straight line fighting easy opponents
>the quests related to Dandelion are all boring
they are wasted potential, you learn that he is in some tough prison, so do you get to somehow infiltrate it? nah, just ambush them and have an easy fight
>in fact open world in general in witcher3 is very boring
do I even need to elaborate I thought this part >ubisoft style PoI system was enough of an explanation

so yeah, what is good about witcher3 other than bloody baron questline?

but witcher3 is typical cinematic trash, as I said 50% if not more of the battle at Kaer Morhen is a cutscene

>level restricted loot in an open world game is pants on head retarded, it completely removes any initiative to explore areas above your level
This is the only point that has any real merit.

Why the fuck are we talking about TW3 in /dag/?
Well, I guess because no one wants to talk about DA. Never mind.

>no one wants to talk about DA
well, its not like there is much to talk about

That and
>Ciri has an annoying VA

I've been waiting for an intelligent response to two posts for almost an hour.

>so yeah, what is good about witcher3 other than bloody baron questline?
Subtly rewriting slavic folklore/Polish literature in a way that's still fresh and interesting for people who are interested in things like that (towerful of mice = king Popiel, Gaunter O'Dim = Pan Twardowski, Forefathers' Eve = Dziady by Adam Mickiewicz, etc)
Exceptional sound design, both in terms of the actual music and sound effects
Beautiful world with the level of attention to detail not found in most non-open world games, from NPC activities to sidequests, many of which are tied to events that happen nearby and overlap with other sidequests
Rewarding exploration
Manages to tell an emotionally moving story without resorting to cheap melodrama
Great creature design (my favorites are the leshy and the fiend, but the others look great too)
Incredible atmosphere in the swamps of Velen, using the environment to create a sense of dread and unease (more than DAI managed to achieve in most areas)
Lots of vibrant and compelling NPC's, both original ones (Olgierd and Iris) and returning from the books (Djikstra and Keira)

I mean, it's obviously not your cup of tea, but some people actually like slow–burning games that feel like a lot of effort has been put into them

That's because nobody wants to talk about Solas' sweat with me

>godlike Jo Wyatt
>annoying VA
Kill yourself

/dag/na rule 34

She was even worse as femHawke

Um can you give an example of a VA you like? Because your taste is really fucked up

Post your Inquisitor and who you fugged with them

THE ONly good bioware girl is morrigan

everyone else is shit fuck them all i hate fucking asari piece osf shit!

Do you really want to make me cry?

Damn right, Boy George

u first

Courtenay Taylor

Here babe

Goddamn. I'm trying to kill Ferelden Frostback at level 12 in Nightmare, and I can't get this cunt below 25%.

No romance, because all the love interests sucks

>TFW you did some cleaning in your profile folders and accidentally deleted all your saves in bioware-games with cloud saves turned off and no backups

Party/build/level?

Oh
Oh dear

I'm playing a 2H Warrior(12). So far I've tried it with Sword-and-Board Cass(11), Bow Sera(11), and Solas(11); and S&B Cass, S&B Blackwall(11), and Solas.

I hate how this scene gives all characters extreme amblyopia.

Who's up for some SWTOR ERP

Being a male Dalish is hard. Too bad there's no female!Solas equivalent

Wait, that's a male?

Oh damn.

>male

My character is a man.

I had a really hard time with it until I was a bit overlevelled

There is literally nothing wrong with having crossed eyes
I actually had something similar to amblyopia, but a bit different and made it hard to read. Needed surgery to fix it

M-Male?

You can be the dumb twi'lek slave, I'll be the guy who zaps her for speaking out of turn

Like this?

Umm...stop being mean to the androgynous?

OK?

Oh jizz

>I had a really hard time with it until I was a bit overlevelled
I tried (unsuccessfully, of course) to start a discussion about the dragons the other day. It seems to me that Frostback is one of the more thought-out or unique dragon fights. Seems to be the only one that has phases and uses terrain and mobs. Makes it a lot harder than its level implies.

Does anyone have that blonde, blue eyed male elf quis with the horse face?

That's the one in the Hinterlands? Yeah, it's the only one you can't cheese your way through from what I remember
There's also one in the Storm Coast that's tough

You may want to wait 2 levels.

>There's also one in the Storm Coast that's tough
It has that DoT lightning mine hazard, but that was the second dragon I killed. Didn't seem even as difficult as the one in Plains. Practically the same fight.

Who, gay elf?

The one where you go to the island? I don't think you unlock that until level 16...

Maybe

Yeah. I just wanted to see if I could do it before In Your Heart Shall Burn. If I wanted to splurge on Rejuvenation Potions I might even be able to...

How do you guys play a mage without an armor on hit bonus? I love the added security

>How do you guys play a mage without an armor on hit bonus?
As a KE.

Well, okay...

Not that one. This was just a few months ago

>If I wanted to splurge on Rejuvenation Potions I might even be able to...
Yup.
Alright, I guess I can't put off IYHSB anymore.

What is the ultimate staff?

Schematics/rune/grip/blade?

I got the short list for the Qunari staffblade, and I think it's the best staffblade. Am I right?