/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Happy Birthday IQ! edition

Previous operation Livestream demo
youtube.com/watch?v=n01smDYjg9E
youtube.com/watch?v=MvvD9nkzsns

>Season 3 Operation Skull Rain info

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/index.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=JAwgzzN6RfQ
BR leak video: youtube.com/watch?v=Z-iuiuzAYKU

Drops on August 2nd

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Teamspeak for Veeky Forums operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations

>Official news
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx

rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/dustline.aspx

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI (the 'I' are capital 'i's)

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.

legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JVPMgJUfguM
youtube.com/watch?v=lqsL4QpKXeM
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/skullrain.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>blackbeard is just a dude with a rifle that can't die at certain angles

Why would they design something like this?

Patch notes soon, hopefully

>guy named "UbiCuckold" teamkills everyone while complaining about his team

Which one of you guys was it?

Frost was an OP defender, they needed to make an OP attacker this time.

I JUST KEEP REFRESHING THE FORUMS AND THE SKULL RAIN PAGE, I NEED MY NEW STUFF, NERFS, AND BUFFS, ANYTHING.

also university map when :3

So what new operator ideas does everyone have?

Droner
>just has like 8 drones

Smokey
>loads of smoke and some kind of infrared scope that lets you see through it

Blocker guy
>has mini barricades that can only be placed at the bottom of doors
>can stop drones going through and people have to vault over them

Probably 12pm EST they'll show it.

I have no doubt that one of the Jap operators will get a thermal scope or perhaps Glaz will get it as a buff. This could coincide with the supposed Ash need since they didn't want people playing as her during the demo, which I believe be giving her only one breaching grenade and two smoke grenades for her launcher

>Droner
Terrible idea.
>Smokey
I like it, if he had like 3 smoke grenades with pitch black smoke and an ability of some kind of NV glasses to see through smoke, but not walls, that be kind of cool.
>Blocker guy
So anyone with stationary shield?

>also university map when :3
When I get a Reaper skin for Castle or Pulse.

Why is IQ ability so useless in PVP?
It's like she was made for t-hunt and t-hunt only.

>have 75k saved
>already got all seals op
>hoping for that jtf2 bundle

Should I wait for that bundle or just buy both jtf ops?

Just buy them them.

Happy birthday IQ!

>last round
>someone dies
>quit
WHAT ARE YOU DUMB NIGGERS DOING STAY FOR LIKE 30 MORE SECONDS AND GET YOUR RENOWN JESUS FUCK

wish blackbeard and valkyrie didnt exist desu also this brazilian defender is going to be pure cancer

i sort of preferred when we only had the base game operators to play with, but buck and frost and decently balanced, just blackbeard is annoying as fuck to play against. the regular shield hitboxes are bad enough so to make a gun shield like that is retarded.

what's wrong with valk, besides her shotgun? the balls aren't THAT hard to see, IQ and thatch make them useless, and cameras were pretty weak since you knew where they were

>a defender whose ability is to have an attacker gun
How shit would that be?

>putting in new operators
>current operators still aren't even balanced

Valk's fine, Blackbeard's shield should break after a few bullets, sick of getting punished for shooting him in the face.

I keep on forgetting how fun it is to actually play Blitz seeing everyone try to run away the moment you flash them, that is if I don't get C4 thrown at my face every time.
Apologize for console aiming.

Xth for WHY THE FUCK DOES FRIENDLY FIRE EXIST IN TERRORIST HUNT!? I'M FUCKING SICK OF MY RETARDED TEAMMATES THROWING FLASHBANGS AND BLINDING ME OR SHOOTING AT ME BECAUSE THEY CAN'T AIM! AND FOR FUCK'S SAKE, STOP THROWING FRAGS EVERYWHERE YOU FUCKING MONGOLOIDS!

It's a fucking cooperative PVE game mode, there's literally no fucking reason to have friendly fire enabled.

>console aim

What did he mean by this?

Can anybody tell me what do the four different colours mean at recoil pattern?

Who's the bitch that reinforced the hatches.

What is going on here?

why can't we choose between both atk and def ops for T-hunt

I'm not gonna sit here and bitch about friendly fire, but seriously it's not like you're not doing some variation of defense and attack during each Thunt mission anyway.

That doesn't make any sense.

DJing game strong

There are so many things wrong in that webm

Not as strong as Ash's.

youtube.com/watch?v=JVPMgJUfguM

>the magical world of consoles

holy shit

your first shot will be accurate wherever you place the sight reticle. Each color is the next shot

why doesn't the laser sight declare where you bullet is going to go, espcially on first fire?

I often find myself sitting with shield up waiting for that lazer to get on the head, and then popping a cap but it rarely translates to a one-hip-shot-head-shot

perhaps he was a roamer and was planning on using one of the hatches as a quick way to get to the objective/ambush the enemy but didn't know someone at reinforced it?

youtube.com/watch?v=lqsL4QpKXeM
Official Trailer up

>I often find myself sitting with shield up waiting for that lazer to get on the head, and then popping a cap
that's exactly why they got rid of it

how can you have fun with a game in which you can't even control your movements?

I'm gonna need a webm of Capitao shaking his head, stat.

>American accents on hues
DROPPED

DON'T BULLY BUCK REEE
also looks like no tachanka buff lol

Man Tachanka was on fire with using that turret, until he caught on fire

Maybe, either way he's in the wrong here.

I was glad they got rid of it back then but now with the amount of defenders with Nitro I think they should bring it back as a pistol-only feature.

50+ IMPROVEMENTS? WHAT DOES IT MEAN, I WANT PATCH NOTES!

50+ improvements and still no shield for Tachanka

It'S HERE

I DIDNT SEE THE END OF THE VIDEO, ITS UP NOW!

ALSO FUCK SHIT NO OTHER LEAKED ATTACHMENTS, FUUUUUU

>You are now able to hide text chat on PC. This will allow players to avoid those who wish to spam the chat, or send toxic messages.
Fucking babies.

HAPPENING

Because everyone gets the same inferior clunky experience.

>While there are no Operator balancing changes in this patch, we will have more balancing changes coming later in Season 3.
HAHAHAHHAHDSHAHSAHHAAH

I miss the old teamspeak memes

Jager and Bandit deserve 1 notch higher not necessarily because of their gadgets (though Jager's is essential), but because of their mobility, outstanding weapons, and acog sights. Jager can effectively fill any role on top of having an amazing gadget. Also his carbine gives him by far the most ranged stopping power.

Bandit's is far more situational, which is why he's one rank lower. ADS is still necessary even for hostage; good teams won't frag grenade and will still use flash/smoke.

High risk, High Damage

>Operator’s limbs no longer clip through walls and barricades
YES
YES
THANK GOD

Yes but S tier is not just good weapons. Rook's weapons aren't even that good but his gadget is invaluable. Valk is extremely useful and has a great shotgun and an underrated SMG, we all no why Pulse is great; great gun amazing gadget. Jager has a good gun, but right now grenades are not very threatening to have him considered an S tier operator.

FIXED – New players below level 20 have access to Ranked matches.
Oh boy

just flank him

After monitoring the adjustments that were made with Patch 3.3 and 3.4, we have taken steps to improve the methods that we are using to detect excessive team killers, and punish them accordingly. As a reminder, when players are removed from a match for team killing, they will suffer the following punishments:

First offense:
Casual- Kicked from match.
Ranked- Banned for 15 minutes, 50% Renown penalty for 30 minutes.
Second offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 30 minutes.
Third offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 2 hours.
Fourth offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 24 hours.
Fifth offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 7 days.

IT'S FUCKING NOTHING

>Terrorist Hunt Fixes
>FIXED – AI is unable to throw C4.
no
NO

I don't think you should get banned for any length for team killing in Casual, but keep the renown penalty and perhaps increase it to week long terms.

how 2 sledge?

>FIXED – The Flash Hider muzzle doesn't function correctly within specific locations on the Kafe Dostoyevsky.
how the fuck do you manage to create a bug like this

>go to wall/window/whatever
>press gadget key
>whack it
>sprint back so you don't get fugged

I like it.

>FIXED – The Flash Hider muzzle doesn't function correctly within specific locations on the Kafe Dostoyevsky.
Bugs are weird, yo.

>While there are no Operator balancing changes in this patch, we will have more balancing changes coming later in Season 3.

>that attacker in the window
Somebody is about to get fucked

Do season pass owners stop getting fucked in the ass?

>custom gamemode only

Who cares?

>open Skull Rain patchnotes
>it's Black Ice

Wow.

they get a store discount now

>tachanka just stands in the flames for a second before keeling over

we get a 10% discount of everything now
too bad I just fucking bought the RULE BRITANNIA skin bundle yesterday
Still stylish as fuck though

>people griefing shouldn't be banned because it's just casual
No.

I don't know man, the demo should that those flames killed pretty fucking quick
m-maybe they'll up the damage on Smoke's beauties?

I feel like they get it tested for a bit and roll it out to the rating matches in season 3.

>dat piranha skin
noice, way better than dust line's clusterfuck of ugly allah ackbar writing

mous had a cute voice!

Fuck off he doesn't need a shield

>While searching to ways to improve matchmaking times, as well as the overall matchmaking experience, we noticed that players would sometimes leave a match before it started after viewing the Win/Loss or Kill/Death Ratio of the opposing team. This has been removed in order to facilitate a smoother matchmaking experience for all players, and will provide all players with a significantly improved experience.
Wow. How about just making matchmaking actually work so it creates balanced games?

Fuck these people..

Not him but Tachy absolutely needs something to protect him or he'll forever be shit

IN GAME MAP DISPLAY WHEN?

I think it is a soft beta test with customs.

also...

NO NEW OPERATOR CHANGES
NO NEW ATTACHMENTS THAT WERE LEAKED.
NOTHING OF VALUE WAS GAINED EXCEPT 1 NEW MAP AND 2 NEW OPERATORS
that I have to wait a week for cause lol no season pass

TIME FOR UPDATE 4.1 WHEN?

I mean... It is just casual. There's no leave penalty, why should there be a TK penalty other than being removed from the match and suffering from getting less renown?

I can understand ranked, because you're forced to stick it through with the TKer, but in Cas you can just leave man, like just hit start and quick.

what are your in-game mic settings? I've got a feeling my teammates don't hear me half the time I talk.

>no op change
fuck it, I can't play this game anymore if I'm stuck on attackers half the time
fucking pulse, valk, and now caviar? enough

Never

>i'm a shitter and I'd rather complain on an imagine board than better myself

Go back to /reddit/

>Blackbeard didn't get nerfed.
Holy fuck, color me surprised.

IDK how it works. is the higher the voice chat record level, the louder you are to your teammates? Threshold I think is for the how loud you have to be until you are heard. usually used for open mic.

>pulse gets behind you and kills 3 of your teammates before getting taken down
>your other teammate gets spotted with valk cameras and interrogated by caviar immediately
>your position is now marked to everyone and you get rushed by 4 people from 4 different angles
;-^)

>I'm a faggot who unironically says git gud instead of considering how unfun attacking is going to be, regardless of doing well or not

>nerfing an operator who brings no value to the team but being a nuisance at a window
just how bad is /r6g/?

You're discounting his high movement speed. Ability to flank and peeker's advantage for light armor operators is invaluable. Also, ADS is absolutely essential to point-defense; grenades, lethal or otherwise, make assaulting a fortified position much easier. They're under-utilized in casual, but they make-or-break ranked matches all the time.

Also, to reiterate, being light operators + having acogs automatically make Bandit and Jager the best defense operators at ranged gun-fighting in general.